Zalic

Tips and stuff I've learned.

I've learned ppl are friendlier at the coast but once inland trust no one. 

Tip- alway wear head protection. Being knocked out by zombies suck.

Tip- when confronted by zombies guns should be last resort. It's easier to kill 1 or 2 with a can of beans then it is to kill an alerted hord with limited rounds. 

I've learned when I've come across someones tents or berrels and there's something in it i want, it's best to make some what of a trade. Or leave a teddy bear as a thank you. 

Write a tip or a learning experience:)

• Beans 1

Love the teddy bear touch!

People say coast is full of murderers ( which it is)but I've never had a nice interaction inland....just shot at by no mics

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, awalsh47 said:

Love the teddy bear touch!

People say coast is full of murderers ( which it is)but I've never had a nice interaction inland....just shot at by no mics

aye! - that's us mate - the inland is full of us backward low-tech highlanders & woodsmen .. always beware of solitary folk with their hats hand-crafted out of squirrel skin or hedgehogs

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

In my experience most people by the coast don’t have much to lose, so they’ll either be very friendly, or just try to kos.

Folks inland are usually very geared, and don’t want to take the chance of losing their hard found items.

My tip is to try and establish communication only if you have accepted the fact you may be killed instantly. Particularly on Xbox, where the game chat toggle isn’t working correctly, as such, most are in party chat if there’s more than one.

In my experience, most people will talk to me after I’ve spoken in game chat, even fully geared players. It really comes down to the roll of the dice. Sometimes it’s best to let players pass through, depending on their mannerisms while watching.

The player to player interactions are some of the best moments you’ll have playing. You just never know who you’ll bump into.

• Like 2

Ran into a guy this morning mid map on my way to the airfield, 6 ppl on the server and here we come opposite ways down the train tracks....ran into a house prepairing for the imminent attack and hear him just jog by... Thinking he must of not seen me (and me being the d#ckhead I am) scope in on him with my sks and see him walking backwards looking towards me doing the heart emoji.... Didnt have the heart to lay him down... Think alot of the KOS mentality inland comes from being in party chat and people dont give a chance to switch out... My rule has always been to try and be friendly anywhere but mili bases.... Once i hit the fenceline the bandana goes on n anyone can catch these hands or this LAR

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PondjectsKilla said:

Ran into a guy this morning mid map on my way to the airfield, 6 ppl on the server and here we come opposite ways down the train tracks....ran into a house prepairing for the imminent attack and hear him just jog by... Thinking he must of not seen me (and me being the d#ckhead I am) scope in on him with my sks and see him walking backwards looking towards me doing the heart emoji.... Didnt have the heart to lay him down... Think alot of the KOS mentality inland comes from being in party chat and people dont give a chance to switch out... My rule has always been to try and be friendly anywhere but mili bases.... Once i hit the fenceline the bandana goes on n anyone can catch these hands or this LAR

Lar? Can i ask where you found one?

19 hours ago, Zalic said:

I've learned ppl are friendlier at the coast but once inland trust no one. 

I find the opposite. Generally new spawns have nothing to lose and will attack anything that moves. 

• Like 1

I mainly stay inland with all my gear but I've helped out people I've met a long the way. Given full m4 with silencer and canteens ECT. 

I've been jumping around military and baranzino with mega phone looking for people on high pop severs to just meet people, so if you hear a weirdo talking from a distance that's me. 

So technically I'm server hopping but I'm not looting just looking to meet folks connect or die by bandit in a awesome shootout.

Edited by Flyingpapaya
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Lar? Can i ask where you found one?

Heli spawn, found it in the first 10 mins of the update lol, took me two days to find a mag tho... Have it on me now, haven't shot it yet.. Working my way to VMC now got an lar with atog, plate carrier decked out with a suppressed fx... Im taking a few with me tonight but someone's getting hooked up for taking me out

16 hours ago, Nayte said:

Folks inland are usually very geared, and don’t want to take the chance of losing their hard found items.

Hard found items?  You're kidding, right?  All they have to do is have ONE teammate find the stuff, then they dupe the crap out of it. 

16 hours ago, PondjectsKilla said:

That would have been me,i say you jump in the house. I would have talked as l walked past but I had mad toothache,just kept my hand up in friendly gesture,though you did have me worried when you came back out thats why I moved into the treeline.

16 hours ago, PondjectsKilla said:

5 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Hard found items?  You're kidding, right?  All they have to do is have ONE teammate find the stuff, then they dupe the crap out of it. 

I suppose if you’re assuming everyone is duplicating, or using duped gear. I’ve never run with anyone who does.

I can only speak from personal experience, and my gear is all found.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, scotth710 said:

That would have been me,i say you jump in the house. I would have talked as l walked past but I had mad toothache,just kept my hand up in friendly gesture,though you did have me worried when you came back out thats why I moved into the treeline.

Ha! Awesome, good looks lol. If it was you to be honest didnt know you were there till you were passing the house, i just ran in there to wring my jacket out LMAO... Still thanks for being friendly! Were not all bad out here

4 hours ago, Nayte said:

I suppose if you’re assuming everyone is duplicating, or using duped gear. I’ve never run with anyone who does.

Agreed, i play 2 profiles, one has an m4 and VSD and the other has an lar and soon to be a tundra when i find one... No dupes... Get off the coast and it works wonders

I ran into two guys yesterday who were so afraid of KOS that they locked themselves in a tiny industrial building lol, I ran back over to them and had a chat in VOIP, discovered they were super chill dudes . Survivalists who just play together for the lifting, exploring & lulz . I felt so bad that they'd had so I shitty experiences ingame that I donated my tundra with hunting scope to them & went on my merry way. I donate weapons, gear to players & peoples stashes at bases when I find them as a way to surprise people & try an balance out there dayz experience, plus it's satisfying to me also. I'm not the only player who does this also

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 4/26/2019 at 4:22 PM, Nayte said:

In my experience, most people will talk to me after I’ve spoken in game chat, even fully geared players. It really comes down to the roll of the dice. Sometimes it’s best to let players pass through, depending on their mannerisms while watching.

The player to player interactions are some of the best moments you’ll have playing. You just never know who you’ll bump into.

Same here. I ran into a squad once and since I spoke first saying I'm friendly yada yada they came out of party and we chilled for a bit, chatted it up, traded ammo and food, and then went our ways. They even told me if I hadn't talked first they would've tried to kill me.

Definitely would've went south if I hadn't spoke first for sure.

Started playing on their home server, ran into them a few more times afterwards, and now I have a few of them on my friend's list.

Communication goes a looong way in this game. Longer than most think. I've pulled plenty of people out of party chat.

Edited by Man Parts 241
Autocorrect is retarded sometimes
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Nayte said:

When you run across people that are ALL dressed the same head to toe in military gear, ALL have a decked out M4 or AK and a wrapped SVD, OR you come across a camp and there are 4 or 5 guillies, 4 or 5 SVDs, 4 or 5 M4s and AKs, a dozen suppressed pistols, a dozen or so assault backpacks, literally thousands of rounds of ammunition.......um, YEAH, they're duping.

• Haha 1

What I’ve learned is don’t leave your car at the side of the road with lots of gear in it after you lagged out and crashed it.Best to take some shit off it so it can’t be driven off if someone has a new battery for it.Also don’t worry about it either when you stole it from someone else in the first place.

The other thing is try and talk to people I’ve had some great experiences by talking first rather than just shooting.I once ran right up to some America dude outside a military base in the dark thinking he was my pal.At that exsact moment my character decided to freeze on the spot.Luckily for me the American was a good guy and was happy Id not opened up on him when I’d crept up on him and he never realised I was having problems.

My pal did turn up eventually and we had a brief chat before all going our different ways.

21 hours ago, Nayte said:

Mine is too, but 70% of people just dupe

1 hour ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Mine is too, but 70% of people just dupe

You see it all over the "groups".  Posts saying things like "Looking to trade decked out M4 for 'X'.  I have 10 left", or the more obvious "I'll dupe your gear for a tent".  The devs have stated that they don't want to server-lock characters.  I think they should have a couple dozen servers set up that lock players to it, and let players that don't want duping play on it.  I am willing to bet that a majority would play on THOSE, and abandon the servers that allow duping.  Let the player population decide.

Edited by Stagman70
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

When you run across people that are ALL dressed the same head to toe in military gear, ALL have a decked out M4 or AK and a wrapped SVD, OR you come across a camp and there are 4 or 5 guillies, 4 or 5 SVDs, 4 or 5 M4s and AKs, a dozen suppressed pistols, a dozen or so assault backpacks, literally thousands of rounds of ammunition.......um, YEAH, they're duping.

Well, when you find those “duped” stashes, you make sure to destroy them, ok?

All we can really do is hope the Xbox DayZ team find a permanent fix.

55 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Well, when you find those “duped” stashes, you make sure to destroy them, ok?

All we can really do is hope the Xbox DayZ team find a permanent fix.

Make no mistake.....I'm not saying I won't USE duped gear.  I'm not stupid.  Destroying it so I can find it again later?  No thanx. 

22 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

Make no mistake.....I'm not saying I won't USE duped gear.  I'm not stupid.  Destroying it so I can find it again later?  No thanx. 

You do you

In an attempt to get off the dupe conversation, again, another tip for new players. 

Cooking pots ftw. Holds a ton of water and can also store 12 slots. I keep all my steaks in the pot with water. Also attach gas bottle and stove so you can boil river water and it still only uses up 12 inventory slots. Can also cook six steaks in the time it takes to cook one on a fire and you don't need to build a fire. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 1