ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

I have played almost 400 hours on the xbox dayz and i have some things i want to suggest get fixed or added.

- Fixing the day/night cycle

-Weathering and Temperature affects

-More Wildlife such as bears snakes and other animals that could be hunted or be harmful

-Removing hud to give game a better apocolypse style and having the messages saying, "i am hungry" ECT

-Reducing inventory size and reducing sizes of every other item to make it less confusing 

-Hit reg and melee pvp stun locks

-More Civilian grade guns like handguns sks izh shotgun blaze lee Enfield ect

-More millitary guns like m16 Aug ect

-Make it so that only m4s and all the good automatic rifles spawn up north so people have to move around to stop coastal campers

-Fix Muzzle Flash staying in place after shots

-A lot of fps dropped and game crashes

-adding spray paint 

-Fixing SG5-K and CR-75 Spawns

-Players characters are permanent to a server and they go to sleep when you log off like in rust to stop combat logging and server hopping

-duplication 

-Zombies Ruining clothes in a few hits

- voip needs improvement 

-When getting killed in one shot have the gunshot audio play

-adding duel m4 mags and more military clothing and more armored options

-Feet getting sore when not wearing shoes and broken arms and legs

-Fix base building and cars

-Helicopters and boats

-safezones with traders

-community servera and mods

-better button mapping 

-I dont want this game to be p2w but maybe having a form of weapon engravings that you could buy and the funds will go towards the game devs and the play who spent the money could get like a engraved weapon

I know this is a lot and i am not expecting this to all be added but its just what my perfect dayz would be.

• Like 1

A lot of the current issues have already been addressed by other users, so I have a  suggestion to fix people “ghosting” into secure bases (and it doesnt involve tying one character to one server). Just ensure that a character spawns a certain distance away from base structures (walls etc.). That way, spawning within an enclosed area will be impossible. 

• Thanks 1

Lock players to servers. If I build a base and lock it up, after combination locks are fixed and can not be pulled off your gate from the outside, can't a player just server hop inside? Makes it kind of pointless.

• Like 1

You can't slide down ladders. When you zoom in while running with nothing in your hands you punch. Can not cure coughing and sneezing.

• Like 1

When running from a zombie and going to open and close a door to a house i get lagged in the door sometimes from me trying to do it so fast. Sometimes when aiming through a scope as the screen is completely gray. 

• Like 1

Controller movement is a bit weird, with the game coming from PC you can only move in a certain amount of directions with the joystick. Also I think your own footsteps are pretty loud and can really drown out a lot of other sounds 

Yall need to fix fps problems on high pop sever and add more guns and attachments and and nodded severs and ark survival doing better than you and plzz add more transportation methods plaza and add drum mags and flashlights attachments plzzz

• Confused 1

As far as the inventory window interface goes. I would suggest:

- Have the left thumbstick control a 'cursor' (act like a mouse pointer so to speak) to hover over items instead of scrolling around through them like we do now.

- When hovering over an item, have a drop down submenu show immediately under the item with all the available interactions (Move to Hands, Move to … , drop, equip, combine) instead of having it way on the bottom of the screen.

- When selecting 'Move to Container' have a drop down menu of all available containers in the vicinity which can be navigated via the aforementioned cursor or up and down on the d-pad, with an exit menu button in case you change your mind. (like B, its the go to exit button) which brings me to my next point.

- B to combine feels like it needs to be switched. Maybe X to combine, and Hold X to equip, in the inventory window of course.

(Too many times have I instinctively hit B to exit the menu only to have my heart drop when I couldn't find my pistol anymore. Then to feel like an idiot when I find it in my cooking pot filled water, damn you B to Exit/Combine....)

- If I select something to equip, it would be nice if it swapped out with whatever was in that respective slot. I could live with it still having to be in my hands to equip/swap. The inventory cursor would absolve this for me as well. 

The inventory management is really the only thing that brings down gameplay for me at the moment. VoIP proximity volume needs to be tweaked too, people talk at the same volume no matter how close/far they are, but that's not really game-breaking for me.

Otherwise you guys have made a great, intricate, beautiful game. And thank you for asking for real world suggestions! 

Good days for you!

• Like 1

Hiya Devs! Been a big fan of your game since PC days and looking forward to future updates. I hope you understand that the game is easy to pick up on once you start playing it for real on Xbox. So what I was thinking that it could be possible to add different weather patterns. It could be a lone server like you did with night servers at first but what I would like to see is possible heat waves or snow days or maybe even rain to come back. In my opinion the game itself is too bland with just night and day and I'm curious to see how others survive in harsh conditions 

I know it's been addressed SOMEWHERE in this forum, but I'll ask anyway............I know that since the update, we are now able to rack the shotgun and cycle the bolt on the Mosin.  As far as I am aware (I haven't used one since the update), the shotgun will load 5 shells when you combine the gun and shells, but I (and I HAVE tried the Mosin since the update) still have to drop the 7.62x54R rounds on the ground in order to fully load the Mosin.  Am I missing something here?  Am I just an idiot, or did THAT issue NOT get fixed?

12 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I know it's been addressed SOMEWHERE in this forum, but I'll ask anyway............I know that since the update, we are now able to rack the shotgun and cycle the bolt on the Mosin.  As far as I am aware (I haven't used one since the update), the shotgun will load 5 shells when you combine the gun and shells, but I (and I HAVE tried the Mosin since the update) still have to drop the 7.62x54R rounds on the ground in order to fully load the Mosin.  Am I missing something here?  Am I just an idiot, or did THAT issue NOT get fixed?

It should automatically load five rounds into the mosin when you hit Y button. At least, it works that way for me now. I love the mosin, so glad it's working properly. 

The compass does not show the correct direction when viewing in "hotbar" or "quick select wheel". Meaning i have to pull out the compass in hand to know my correct direction. This was not an issue before the latest update. Video of bug.

• Thanks 1

• The stone oven despawns like any other floor loot, it should stay in my camp I shouldn't have to re-create it everyday.
  • When a player is dead in a vehicle, they are fully unable to be looted.
  • I hope to see more predators to attack players such as bears. Like how we have wolves, we can have more animal attacks.
  • Please add a way to turn on and off the head torch with out having to take it into your hands from your head to toggle it.
  •  The compass does not show the correct direction when viewing in "hotbar" or "quick select wheel". Meaning i have to pull out the compass in hand to know my correct direction. This was not an issue before the latest update. (Video of what I mean).
  •  Please add a in-game icon glossary telling what every symbol does, I cannot find anywhere in game or on the internet what the in game symbols mean in the bottom right corner. I don't mean the thirst, hunger, temp, blood, and health, I mean the other symbols that I don't know what they mean.
  • When using an blood test kit, I am unable to find out my blood type as the letter is behind the blood meter thus blocking me from reading it.
  • The ADA 4x4 vehicle runs very poorly. It is extremely difficult to get the vehicle up any sort of elevation, it has zero horsepower making it impossible to go offroading or drive on a road that has an elevation going upwards.
  • I feel the inventory needs a full overhaul in fixing or changing as a whole. It already very unresponsive (trying to equip an item, put in hands, move over to another item of clothing or storage, etc.). Its very full of lag and even more difficult to manage when accessing a huge inventory of item. As an example when looting a killed player ad they have a plethora of items and the inventory becomes very slow and unresponsive. Or when i store a ton a my items and loot in a item such as an barrel or an vehicle. Perhaps added shortcuts can help too when trying to manage inventory and organize or move over items. Also it would be nice to make it easier to access small storage's such as med-kits, waterproof bags, protective cases, etc.
  • I feel there needs to be a way to have a storage in our bases to hold out items and have a way to store loot with it ever being despawned. Currently the only way i know it to lug a barrel for extreme distances to my base to be able to store items, and then having to hide it in a bush or tree some how to prevent players from finding the stash.
  •  Following up with the above point, when dropping an item in a bush or attempting to place under a tree the item is then dropped on top on the tree or said bush. Making the item unable to be accessed or even retrievable.
  •  I hope to see more updates to the realism aspect of the game for our characters. More in depth on the broken bones, add maybe damaged limbs, more in depth to character sickness and recovery, the shock and unconscious system, dying and all.
  • I feel clothing does get damaged way to fast.
  • I hope to be able to inspect items in the inventory and look at the full 3D model.
  • Zombies are way to fast, its impossible to out run them, they even can catch up to the ADA 4x4, It difficult to fight them and is inevitable to not take a couple of hits using a melee weapon
  • In many large cities/towns, none of the textures load and the audio completely cuts out and FPS drops to a bare minimum.
  • Unfortunately I have no proper video proof, but a bug happened when i handcuffed another player, the game stuttered and they were able to still move around freely and like normal and wasn't handcuffed at all, could still attack and everything. But they could not access their own inventory but I was able to. There was not way to free them from the bug as they weren't even restrained and the handcuffs disappeared into thin air. They then later withing minutes dies out of the blue for no reason. It seems handcuffs can bug out and kill people automatically after sometime.
  • It seems you cant slide down ladders anymore. When attempting to do it, it does the animation for a split second and stops.
  • I hope to see melee combat more viable against other players to have chance to fight back with only a melee weapon and the enemy has a firearm.
  • People should not be able to take things off of bases such as barbed, metal wire, etc., with out proper tools. It makes adding those thing unless if anybody could come and take from the outside as easy as that. They at least should be in the base behind the walls to it, not look in vicinity and take it easy.

Good luck with the development of DayZ, I love this game and hope to see it grow big and become a polished game. Cheers to the whole dev team, thank you for reading!

Edited by Riv_man
More points I thought of and ran into while playing. (Added first point)
  • Like 1

Hey devs love this game, an you guys do a awesome job, just wanted to add my feed back, moving things around in inventry works when scrolling down the menu to move something but if you goup the menu to move somethin it goes into your hands i can provide a clip for example on my profile called dayz deva if you want to look, i think silencers break way to easy sometimes after 1 clip of auto fire but are very rare to find in the game you guys no about frame drops an am sure you working on that please prioritise stoping duping items i think its game braking everyone fully looted with the best stuff all the time with no efforts made, apart from that love this game

Yes been waiting for this! Fix  duplication,  duplication  And  duplication  Glitch!  It’s ruining the game people have multiple accounts with duped items after you kill them they just switch accounts login near you and try again.  Perhaps   Instead of making people wait 90 seconds whilw joining a server you make the penalty  90 seconds before you can even click on a new server this would stop duplication because   They would not be able to get into the server quick enough to  duplicate.  This is with the main method there is another way to do it with the server reset.. also I understand it may be difficult to  implement something like this with the constant server crashes but duplication is ruining the game. It’s a full on  Gilly war with svds in the coast. 

Bohemia Devs,

Firstly I thank you for your consistent progression of the game, even throughout the 1.0 PC launch. As for improvements, there are only minor gameplay issues that come to mind. Most, if not all, have been mentioned to date. However, I do suggest the prioritsation of implementing private servers throughout Xbox regions. Critical gameplay features such as base building, loot persistence, vehicle transport have become plagued by players who will simply switch public servers to obtain items, or to purposefully spawn inside a base. I have joined some DayZ xbox "communities" and this became apparent very quickly, and evidentally lead to players leaving DayZ for good. Personally, I feel this removes any survival element to the game due to the lack of necessity for development within a server, be it fortification of a location or the need for vehicles to legitimately venture the map for loot.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 5:26 PM, BoydDayz said:

I have played almost 400 hours on the xbox dayz and i have some things i want to suggest get fixed or added.

- Fixing the day/night cycle

-Weathering and Temperature affects

-More Wildlife such as bears snakes and other animals that could be hunted or be harmful

-Removing hud to give game a better apocolypse style and having the messages saying, "i am hungry" ECT

-Reducing inventory size and reducing sizes of every other item to make it less confusing 

-Hit reg and melee pvp stun locks

-More Civilian grade guns like handguns sks izh shotgun blaze lee Enfield ect

-More millitary guns like m16 Aug ect

-Make it so that only m4s and all the good automatic rifles spawn up north so people have to move around to stop coastal campers

-Fix Muzzle Flash staying in place after shots

-A lot of fps dropped and game crashes

-adding spray paint 

-Fixing SG5-K and CR-75 Spawns

-Players characters are permanent to a server and they go to sleep when you log off like in rust to stop combat logging and server hopping

-duplication 

-Zombies Ruining clothes in a few hits

- voip needs improvement 

-When getting killed in one shot have the gunshot audio play

-adding duel m4 mags and more military clothing and more armored options

-Feet getting sore when not wearing shoes and broken arms and legs

-Fix base building and cars

-Helicopters and boats

-safezones with traders

-community servera and mods

-better button mapping 

-I dont want this game to be p2w but maybe having a form of weapon engravings that you could buy and the funds will go towards the game devs and the play who spent the money could get like a engraved weapon

I know this is a lot and i am not expecting this to all be added but its just what my perfect dayz would be.

I agree with this whole list except for the safe zones and traders because if there were a safe zone people would leave it to pvp and if they get into trouble they will just run back into it ad if there were traders people will jist get fully geared by trading usless loot for a m4 and there would be now players at camps etc, they could find an m4 and say “nah i want a mosen” and trade it out, thats not the point f the game

8 hours ago, Riv_man said:

The compass does not show the correct direction when viewing in "hotbar" or "quick select wheel". Meaning i have to pull out the compass in hand to know my correct direction. This was not an issue before the latest update. Video of bug.

Can confirm, this happens to me too, in the hotbar the compss shows 90-sh degrees off, most of the time telling me I'm looking east when I am in fact looking north. Putting it in hand seems to correct this, it even shows up in the hotbar correctly as long as it is physically in your hand. but when put away, it changes drastically.

• Like 1

I have got sick multiple times. Everytime I get sick, I have to kill the character. I have taken all the medicines and nothing has worked. My friends and I have tried multiple ways to get rid of the sickbess and nothing has worked. 

Dayz is an amazing game, its just the sickness that make its complicated to play while its not curable. 

If we can get an update on how long it has till its fixed that would be great.

Thank you for making an amazing game. I enjoy it everytime I play it.

When Players fight other Players sometime it can Ruin the players weapons. There should be a way to fix ruined weapons.

Been watching this game get better and better but there are still some issues that I'm not seeing on the known issues list.

#1. There are some emotes that if done while your weapon is in your hand your weapon will disappear from your inventory.

#2. Sewing kits and duct tape and leather repair kits disappearing from inventory after only one usage, sometimes not even repairing your item.

#3. Loading of magazines and eating, / other actions have ridiculously loud audio. Not sure if I need to send you guys an actual audio clip of me loading an AR-15 but I can tell you right now it's not even nearly as loud as the game portrays. On a side note this is supposed to be a survival game and every action that your character has to do makes way more noise than it would in a real situation.

#4. Being punched paralyzes your character in place making it to where you cannot run or aim your weapon. In other words you can quite literally run up to a fully geared character and punch them until they are knocked out and they can't do anything about it.

#5. Real suppressors damage far too quickly, let's be honest a real suppressor can survive thousands and thousands of rounds unless you overheat the poor thing. Side note, I do agree that they should damage over time but not nearly as quickly as they do. Side note, I do like that you can repair them with a weapons cleaning kit.

#6. Items are still somehow disappearing from inventory at random. Haven't quite pinpointed what is causing it. Don't really want it to happen again especially when it's a primary firearm.

#7. Sickness seems to be incurable at the moment. My whole Squad got sick and remain sick even after all the medicines were taken. Not sure if this is a bug but it's rather annoying walking around sneezing and coughing every 10 seconds.

#8. No sickness should make you sneeze and cough every 10 seconds. Honestly in a survival situation you would be muffling your cough with your arm sleeve. Come on guys.

16 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It should automatically load five rounds into the mosin when you hit Y button. At least, it works that way for me now. I love the mosin, so glad it's working properly. 

Thanks.  I will try that.  Didn't really think of it, but hearing you say it, it makes sense.