ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.149923

Hello, I can't launch DayZ. Whether I start the game via Steam or via the game launcher, my computer give me a green screen of death. (I am on Windows Insider Build 18298)

7 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

So far I played for 4-5 hours without any crashes, lag or fps drops. Performance was very good, and the tweaked lighting helped a lot at night. After a few hours on public official servers I decided to jump in the community servers. First crash site I encounter gave me a nice little treat. Can't wait for the night on this server to try it out!!

349aryp.jpg 

2pp0x93.jpg

15xqrlj.jpg

What server is this? I could not find crash sites since AGES! I'm playing on SOS 1 these days, it is 24h day, so this optic will be useless on daylight servers. 

31 minutes ago, isehsnap said:

Hello, I can't launch DayZ. Whether I start the game via Steam or via the game launcher, my computer give me a green screen of death. (I am on Windows Insider Build 18298)

Shame here, since 1.0 update my game won't launch, just crashes at first splash/logo screen and gives error of 0xC0000374 - STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION

So since NV scopes are in, are the NVG in and working as well?

15 minutes ago, IMT said:

So since NV scopes are in, are the NVG in and working as well?

That's a good question but I guess we won't know until someone finds one.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Tents are almost useless. Can't place them anywhere, unless the surface is super duper flat and horizontal :-( Only managed to place a medium tent 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Some things that I experienced during my 1.0 playtime that need improvement.

- The description of the  SG5-K says that it requires .45 bullets. This should be 9mm
- Played for 3 hours and had 1 server disconnection
- On two occasions I was being warped around. It took like 30 seconds before the game acted normal again
- Sometimes I had this short game freeze for a second
- Noticeable server performance issues on both official and community servers. Community servers that I tried (The Village) performed better. User actions such as doors have a noticeable delay on official servers and both type of servers I encountered laggy infected and animals
- While climbing a radio tower my character become uncontrollable and was going all over the place. Relogged and fell to the ground, which I barely survived
-  Ate a whole sheep raw. Did not become sick
- A bit too much food/drinks around
- You can't hear a running car that is 100 meters away.
- The new server browser, while having a great design, works like crap. I am literally trying to join a server with a friend for over one hour right now and all time we get bugged out at place 1.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 2

Burns_eyes exposure is back again. I can`t use the compass

SQQj34f.jpg

Edited by Tarrin
  • Beans 1

On 12/14/2018 at 3:25 PM, Relic77 said:

They are showing up for me.

A lot do, but my own server which worked just fine prior to this update is no longer appearing.

Ep7DtBw.jpg

Boy this thing rocks. Can't wait for NVG to be in the game, they're going to be crazy! This thing is definitely meant for the longer ranges though, it's really hard to see someone up close with it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

Someone had said that this official stable build seems like a PvP build and after a little thought, I totally agree.

Tons of food, weapons, and ammo, everywhere.

Very little adverse effects from the environment and biological hazards, increased stamina.

Totally borked infected.

No persistence. No tanning of hides.

I'm sure all of the new people coming over from fortnight and the military fetish players are happy.

The rest of us are feeling... Unfulfilled.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 5

17 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Someone had said that this official stable build seems like a PvP build and after a little thought, I totally agree.

Very little adverse effects from the environment and biological hazards, increased stamina.

Totally borked infected.

I'm sure all of the new people coming over from fortnight and the military fetish players are happy.

Yes this is true , and the weird part is we are still playing as if it’s a bad dream ... I really hope the devs bring back the essence of survival like it was before (brutal , unforgiving, more hunting less cans , zombies fast and hit hard , bases that actually work etc etc) 

• Beans 2

35 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Totally borked infected.

so dissapointed, still gonna jump back in tomorrow but will definately play on a first person private if i can find one.  im sure they will start to add environmental challenge.  fingers crossed they are just trying to get player numbers up by appealing to the pew pew kiddy crowd for a bit and then add all the good stuff in after.  if they start selling constumes or stupid dances, or skins for your fire axe..... ill come meet u somewhere irl and we can shoot our computers

• Haha 2
  • Beans 4

4 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

if they start selling constumes or stupid dances, or skins

They always said all DLC is free forever with each single purchase of the game.

So our PC's needn't fear firearms, for now.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 3

18 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

They always said all DLC is free forever with each single purchase of the game.

So our PC's needn't fear firearms, for now.

My PCs gonna taste thAt bLUe SteEL when I get home tonight,  don’t know about you B0!$ 

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Totally borked infected.

That's what I meant with balancing which I mentioned the last couple of weeks. Before I logged off and after I looted Tisy, I dropped about 150 to 200 rounds of .45 ACP. I still have about 100 rounds left in my inventory and stopped picking them up at some point, so there was even more. There were 2 AKM's at Tisy, 2 M4's, a long with a lot of ammo and magazines. I didn't end up with that much 7.62x39mm and only found 2 mags for the AKM but I found much more M4 mags and a lot more ammo for the M4. Compare that and try finding a civilian weapon with that much ammo and magazines in the same timespan, it's impossible. It's totally unbalanced and it has been this case since 0.63 came out, even before 0.63, you would end up or find more weapons, ammo and magazines at military camps or bases than you would if you loot a civilian area. And then I haven't even mentioned food, which isn't an issue at all. Unless I deliberately don't pick up food and ignore hunger, it will never be a problem for me. I never go yellow or red hungry because I keep looting and eating food, not even when I'm traveling.

DayZ should be a survival game, now it's just a battle royale where you need to eat and drink every now and then with some zombies. As I have said many times the past couple of weeks, 1.0 does not have the core gameplay loop in place, in many ways. Still waiting for that, if that will ever happen.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 3

Found a pretty game breaking bug during night gameplay. I was walking around with a flaslight through Cherno, got shot, ran away and turned off flashlight, guy for some odd reason could hit me with ease. I ran even further away and went prone. I could see nothing and next I got shot with three well placed shots. My friend walked to my last known position and saw me on the ground with a WORKING flashlight on the ground. So either the guy used some sort of gamma hack or my flashlight was bugged in the sense that it was off on my screen but on, on his screen.

13 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Found a pretty game breaking bug during night gameplay. I was walking around with a flaslight through Cherno, got shot, ran away and turned off flashlight, guy for some odd reason could hit me with ease. I ran even further away and went prone. I could see nothing and next I got shot with three well placed shots. My friend walked to my last known position and saw me on the ground with a WORKING flashlight on the ground. So either the guy used some sort of gamma hack or my flashlight was bugged in the sense that it was off on my screen but on, on his screen.

Did you have the flashlight in your hand or did you put it away? I'm not sure if there is a way to hack gamma but keep in mind, there is a night vision scope in the game and it works miracles. He would be able to see you as clear as day. I stopped using my light sources as of today unless I'm traveling outside civilian of military area's. Had the option to kill a guy today in Novo because I didn't have a light on and he did. Was watching him from 10 m away and he was completely oblivious that I was there. Learning to loot and navigate in the dark gives you a ridiculous advantage. The person who can hide their light source the fastest or doesn't use a light source at all is the winner in this fight. Last weekend when looting the Kamenka military road block I suddenly saw a flashlight so put mine away very fast. I don't think he noticed my flashlight because I completely took the guy by surprise. But then again, I always say that people have horrible situational awareness and in most cases that's true.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

Not sure if those goes here or not... I am having troubles with private server weather. I thought I had it changed it but just made fog worse... I want to turn almost off clouds and fog.. but 100% turn off rain. I was able to do that no problem with .63 version... but this... 1.0, I can't fix it. I turned fog to zero and there is soooooo much fog instead... Can I turn down the wolves as well???? Thank you!!!

https://pastebin.com/KHVEtMmb

Here is my pastebin of what I changed from original... Am I missing something??? Someone mentioned a weather.c but there is no such file that I can find in the server files... 

2 minutes ago, cgibson2 said:

Not sure if those goes here or not... I am having troubles with private server weather. I thought I had it changed it but just made fog worse... I want to turn almost off clouds and fog.. but 100% turn off rain. I was able to do that no problem with .63 version... but this... 1.0, I can't fix it. I turned fog to zero and there is soooooo much fog instead... Can I turn down the wolves as well???? Thank you!!!

https://pastebin.com/KHVEtMmb

Here is my pastebin of what I changed from original... Am I missing something??? Someone mentioned a weather.c but there is no such file that I can find in the server files... 

I mentioned the weather.c in another post.  I don't have that file either, so I think the weather is still WIP.  I have yet to figure out how it works exactly -- will let you know if I do.

1 minute ago, drgullen said:

I mentioned the weather.c in another post.  I don't have that file either, so I think the weather is still WIP.  I have yet to figure out how it works exactly -- will let you know if I do.

So there is no fixing it??? Why wasn't the weather just left alone and the old file just kept. That was easy to configure... thank you though, much appreciated. if we find out anything will pass it on

12 hours ago, amadieus said:

- While climbing a radio tower my character become uncontrollable and was going all over the place. Relogged and fell to the ground, which I barely survived

As a work-around until this is fixed. Continue to hit "S" key (ie backwards) until you get on ground. Do not log off. You are actually on the ladder when this happens (just doesn't appear so).

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

11 hours ago, IMT said:

That's what I meant with balancing which I mentioned the last couple of weeks. Before I logged off and after I looted Tisy, I dropped about 150 to 200 rounds of .45 ACP. I still have about 100 rounds left in my inventory and stopped picking them up at some point, so there was even more. There were 2 AKM's at Tisy, 2 M4's, a long with a lot of ammo and magazines. I didn't end up with that much 7.62x39mm and only found 2 mags for the AKM but I found much more M4 mags and a lot more ammo for the M4. Compare that and try finding a civilian weapon with that much ammo and magazines in the same timespan, it's impossible. It's totally unbalanced and it has been this case since 0.63 came out, even before 0.63, you would end up or find more weapons, ammo and magazines at military camps or bases than you would if you loot a civilian area. And then I haven't even mentioned food, which isn't an issue at all. Unless I deliberately don't pick up food and ignore hunger, it will never be a problem for me. I never go yellow or red hungry because I keep looting and eating food, not even when I'm traveling.

DayZ should be a survival game, now it's just a battle royale where you need to eat and drink every now and then with some zombies. As I have said many times the past couple of weeks, 1.0 does not have the core gameplay loop in place, in many ways. Still waiting for that, if that will ever happen.

Are judging from a public hive or private hive?

First time I played this iteration (0.63) on a private server, no food in electro and I starved. I mean, it was called "Hardcore survival" but still.

On privates the loot dynamics always change. I don't think you should judge the loot situation by public hives where you can just hop and always find something, and especially low pop where coastline is full of loot and only military installations have visitors.

Generally I would agree tho, it was pretty easy overall on private too once you get off the coast. But they are far from done tweaking. I mean they just removed like 10 wells and tweaked satiation and hydration again. In 0.63 you could eat as if your stomach was a black hole, thats fucking gonna get changed too at some point. Loottable is missing a large amount of items. I think they will get it right.

Edited by Buakaw

On 15/12/2018 at 12:36 PM, MrFriendlySniper said:

Shame here, since 1.0 update my game won't launch, just crashes at first splash/logo screen and gives error of 0xC0000374 - STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION

Hello,  I am here to prevent that ANY GAME using BattlEye won't work if you are on Windows Insider. My games were working again when I removed the Insider Update from my computer. 

• Like 1