ImpulZ

Xbox Update 05/12/2018

You have to havel a shovel and dig a patch of ground. Then go into the dug ground inventory and add the seeds by holding A and moving them one at a time. Then you have to water them. They grow pretty quick, I wouldn't even bother with lime. When you hold a seed in your hand it gives the option to plant, but it doesn't work so you have to do it via the inventory. Also, once the crop is ready to harvest, it seems to rot pretty quickly but I put some pumpkins in a barrel and they seem to stay fresh. You also get seeds from crops when you cut them up or eat them. At least, you do with pumpkins. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
Correcting predictive text!

Having server issues just showing population for every server as empty I can still join but would like to see how full server is before joining one

Car handling is much improved with this update good work BI. Steering is a lot smoother and acceleration/traction on hills is better. It's too easy to have a heavy foot now, just smashed into a pole when the lag finally caught up. It's trashed salvaged 3 wheels from it though 

Edited by Arctic Volkssturm

On 12/6/2018 at 3:44 PM, HoneyBadgers420. said:

So i crashed my car and went about looting to find a new radiator and the car disappeared, this happened 3 times to me so i now know it really is a bug, if you leave the car you crashed for more than 15 or 20 mins it will disappear so make sure you grab everything or have someone stay in it, has this happened to anyone else yet?

I had this exact thing happen yesterday! I was traveling North from Elektro to the little military tent checkpoint after Topolka Dam, running up thru the woods on the left side to make sure and scope out the tents before I approached - and there was a full ADA 4x4 sitting there with no one around and all it needed was a spark plug! Luckily I hadn’t gotten rid of mine. First time I had ever seen or found a car! So I got in and started her up, tried to drive it up to the road and finally got it going for a bit and was going to head to Oreshka Pass but it overheated and the red engine light had come on and I had no idea what to do. Quick google search said to refill the radiator with water, luckily I had about 5 bottles and a canteen but it wasn’t enough so I had to go back and forth to the small stream behind the checkpoint and after a few times the car totally had disappeared but the heavy plume of smoke from the engine was still there just going in midair it was really wierd. Oh well...

• Like 1

Pc getting 1.0 this week.

I wonder when xbox will follow?

Just want to know as this means a wipe so that will dictate my playstyle

2 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Pc getting 1.0 this week.

I wonder when xbox will follow?

Just want to know as this means a wipe so that will dictate my playstyle

Full release for Xbox and ps 4 is Q1 2019. So before march.

The night mode is even worse then it was its very fuzzy and you can't see at all, forcing people to just server hop/... Why do the developers insist on making this game harder to play?  Why are you guys trying to tweak the night mode so people can't adjust it so that we can see at night?  You are losing players in this game and you guys are not in the right state to be doing that...  You need to make night mode a lot more brighter, so people don't just leave when night mode is on the horizon... cause that's what I've been doing.  And guess what... server hopping?  I love server hopping because this game really can waste your time if you don't, there's way too many issues in game to play it normally and not server hop and everyone can agree with me on that.   

Known issues for me on XBOX ONE S (Also my friends have stopped playing with me because they say the game sucks and pisses them off)

1) NIGHT MODE - broken , unable to play due to grain visuals on screen. ( I just disconnect and join a new server , always try to be close to a base so i can loot everything twice too ;))

1) Can't switch to items in inventory when item is in hand

2) It's almost impossible to find vehicles/vehicle parts after spending all day playing, only found a door and couldn't even pick it up to bring it back to my car 50 miles back the other way

3) Zombies are still getting into buildings/sheds so be careful,  I was hiding in a house had to kill 5 zombies that just appeared inside the building... soo annoying.

4) Compass is unusable in third person view and is sloppy to use even in first person view ( and this is a crucial part of the game since there is no map)

5) Tutorial needs to be fully re done (more detailed) to assist new players so they can learn everything about the game and bring more people to the game

6) Can't use rags to heal

7) Can't find any bandages anywhere( even in the hospitals) even after walking all the way accross the map from east side to west side

8) Server list does not show population 

9) Player got kicked out of server randomly 3 times in one day ( was playing all day)

10) No Rain at all in the server??

Seems like after this last update things went backwards, and lots of details weren't mentioned in the update log , so whoever is in charge of that needs to check the list and make sure you are telling people what you're adding to the game...  like a truck battery and truck door??  

I really want to play this game more and I hope i get a reply from a developer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Huk said:

The night mode is even worse then it was its very fuzzy and you can't see at all, forcing people to just server hop/... Why do the developers insist on making this game harder to play?  Why are you guys trying to tweak the night mode so people can't adjust it so that we can see at night?  You are losing players in this game and you guys are not in the right state to be doing that...  You need to make night mode a lot more brighter, so people don't just leave when night mode is on the horizon... cause that's what I've been doing.  And guess what... server hopping?  I love server hopping because this game really can waste your time if you don't, there's way too many issues in game to play it normally and not server hop and everyone can agree with me on that.   

Known issues for me on XBOX ONE S (Also my friends have stopped playing with me because they say the game sucks and pisses them off)

1) NIGHT MODE - broken , unable to play due to grain visuals on screen. ( I just disconnect and join a new server , always try to be close to a base so i can loot everything twice too ;))

1) Can't switch to items in inventory when item is in hand

2) It's almost impossible to find vehicles/vehicle parts after spending all day playing, only found a door and couldn't even pick it up to bring it back to my car 50 miles back the other way

3) Zombies are still getting into buildings/sheds so be careful,  I was hiding in a house had to kill 5 zombies that just appeared inside the building... soo annoying.

4) Compass is unusable in third person view and is sloppy to use even in first person view ( and this is a crucial part of the game since there is no map)

5) Tutorial needs to be fully re done (more detailed) to assist new players so they can learn everything about the game and bring more people to the game

6) Can't use rags to heal

7) Can't find any bandages anywhere( even in the hospitals) even after walking all the way accross the map from east side to west side

8) Server list does not show population 

9) Player got kicked out of server randomly 3 times in one day ( was playing all day)

10) No Rain at all in the server??

Seems like after this last update things went backwards, and lots of details weren't mentioned in the update log , so whoever is in charge of that needs to check the list and make sure you are telling people what you're adding to the game...  like a truck battery and truck door??  

I really want to play this game more and I hope i get a reply from a developer 

1. Make sure you have space in your inventory to switch. Takes getting used to but persevere. 

2. The map isn't 50 miles across, and yes car parts are meant to be hard to collect. It isn't GTA

3. Zombies can sometimes teleport. This is a new glitch which will no doubt be fixed soon. Zombies have always been a bit quirky in dayz. 

4. Just use first person for compass, it's a button click. 

5. Meh

6. Work for me

7. Bandages definitely spawn on medical buildings, keep looking

8. Currently bugged, but still simple to figure out whether it's low or high pop using server search settings. 

9. It happens, but don't carry shotgun just yet, it's bugged. 

10. Trust me, no rain is better than constant rain. 

In summary, this is game preview. 

Can a dev comment on whether there's currently a cool down timer for Flu/cold symptoms on console? My character was coughing and sneeze for a few hours before I put them down permanently with a bullet. I tried, pain killers, antibiotics, vitamin pills, drank lots of clean water & sat by a fire for thirty minutes. But no luck, I'm assuming it has no cool down timer like the food poisoning & cholera? And the fact that the antibiotics didn't work leads me to believe there currently not fully functional? 

Any feedback would be appreciated 

1 hour ago, Andrew Huk said:

Use the iZurvive app to find car spawns its dead accurate and garages/industrial areas are always full of car parts. Its pretty time consuming to actually get one up and running and once you do if you drive too fast your screen freezes and by the time the lag catches up you're smashed into a tree. Totaled 2 cars back to back yesterday so I'm done messing with them for a while

Also I like the fact we can maximise & minimise individual clothing items, equipment, etc in our inventory now but I've noticed any item thats minimised stops scrolling down past that point in inventory currently rendering it's function useless, also adding an ability to permanently change clothing, equipment layout would be nice. I'd rather my back pack be at the top and my weapons at the bottom so even if the minimise function worked I wouldn't even have to scroll past there closed tab I could be at the clothing I want first. Prepatch I spent most of my time dropping clothing so I could restack it In inventory according to what I use the most.

also you can't micromanage any item up in inventory you have to scroll down and all the way round again, which must be a bug and not by design.

I just don't see why the shirt and pants are the first clothing in stack, these are the least likely used for weapons, mags or anything that takes condition damage as zombies hit you in the chest or legs and end up ruining , weapons , silencers etc when there stored in body clothing. Surely having the bag at the top then vest, then shirt and pants followed by weapons at the bottom would make more sense? For the purpose of efficiency.

just my opinion but a drag and drop function for the actual inventory containers (shirt,bag,pants etc) so that they can be ordered however the player wants & more also a lock container function so that any new item picked up doesn't auto place itself in a container you purposefully left 3 slots in so that magazines would change for example. Once a clothing item is locked shut in inventory it essentially could only be used for removing  or replacing magazines but that's it. Very tricky ATM to be able to drop your bag fast to gain stamina and make sure you have a vest,shirt or pants with mags stored in with space enough to switch mags on the fly because every item you pick up jumps in a shirt or pants pocket blocking the ability to switch when you need it. You could argue that inventory management is the players job & I'd agree it is an enjoyable task when streamlined enough. But feels very clunky right now.

id be interested in what other think of my ideas or inventory in general .

On 12/5/2018 at 7:01 AM, Skimshady said:

character wiped?

No

On 12/5/2018 at 9:54 AM, TheIlogicalOne said:

Can anyone explain how bases work on Xbox like do they disappear if you leave the server and go with you to your next server like fallout 76 or do you need to rebuild on every server 

Bases disappear along with stashes upon server crashes ??

Hopefully persistency gets sorted out before hits 1.0 on xbox.  I've lost a base that took 4 days to build along with everything my group had stashed. I also lost 3 tents full of stuff a couple days before.  This is game breaking at this point in time I'm wondering what's the point of playing.  I'm ok with it happening now but once dayz becomes a full game it's unacceptable..