Man Parts 241

Just found...

2 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

From Lopatino try West to the fields between the railway lines and the road, that area is sometimes OK for deer and boar. Then also from Lopatino, the areas SW across the stream that runs with trees on both banks; also a good place to lurk, look at the open areas SW from there for deer and boar.

Also - in the North there is the lake (pond) just NE of Zaprudnoe. you have cover there & I have several times seen boar & deer  - & cattle around there and in Zaprudnoe itself - and wolves ..er .. (occasionally).

I was in Nagornoe (NE of map) yesterday and saw boar in the fringe of the woods North of there, cows in the open field (3 days running), and then a lone wolf that attacked me (one bite) and then broke off and chased the herd of cows all over the place, until he finally came back into town and had a fight with a zombie that went on for quite a while. They made a lot of noise. Only time I have seen a single wolf on the rampage.

Never can tell, things change, spawn rates change too..  but the Zaprudnoe pond has/had  a reputation. Is also an interesting area..

xxP

I appreciate the info.

As I really don’t know for certain how animal spawning works (if they are pre-spawned into certain “chunks” as servers reset, or if they can spawn into areas at will with players in the vicinity) I’ve been trying different hunting methods.

I heard deer recently in very thick woods the other day. Unfortunately, they detected me and bolted before I could get a clear shot.

Last night I had a pack of wolves come after me. Took out 4 before the remaining pack took off. Had my meal for the day after that. Much nicer when the food comes to you..

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

11 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I appreciate the info.

As I really don’t know for certain how animal spawning works (if they are pre-spawned into certain “chunks” as servers reset, or if they can spawn into areas at will with players in the vicinity) I’ve been trying different hunting methods.

I heard deer recently in very thick woods the other day. Unfortunately, they detected me and bolted before I could get a clear shot.

Last night I had a pack of wolves come after me. Took out 4 before the remaining pack took off. Had my meal for the day after that. Much nicer when the food comes to you..

I've been noticing the animal spawns changing rapidly as of late, as where there would usually be a group of game during one session, it isn't there the next. Of course the hunting game may have been killed or chased off by other players or NPCs (Wolves and infected will chase game animals as well), but I also wonder if the herds will migrate out of their spawn areas as well over time... I think I've got a long night ahead of me watching herds and seeing how they act over the course of a session. *Adorns safari gear and readies journal*

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I've been noticing the animal spawns changing rapidly as of late, as where there would usually be a group of game during one session, it isn't there the next. Of course the hunting game may have been killed or chased off by other players or NPCs (Wolves and infected will chase game animals as well), but I also wonder if the herds will migrate out of their spawn areas as well over time... I think I've got a long night ahead of me watching herds and seeing how they act over the course of a session. *Adorns safari gear and readies journal*

Haha, there you go.

All in the name of science!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nayte said:

Haha, there you go.

All in the name of science!

So I found and watched a herd of cattle for about an hour last night from a perfect treeline which contained a small stream and some apple trees nearby (slightly Northwest of Veresnik). Perhaps deer or elk may behave differently, but the cattle didn't wander around much from where I found them... They would move perhaps 25-50 yards in any given direction and take turns lying down on the ground, but they did seem to stick together with any single cow wandering too far from the herd redirecting itself to keep within perhaps a scripted zone of the others. It wasn't the most exciting thing to watch, but an interesting find inside the animal mechanics nonetheless. For science indeed! 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, Los Bandito said:

I saw both Sheep and Pigs yesterday for the first time, and damn do they give a lot of steak! Also bones to craft an improvised hook from (which didnt appear in my inventory which i guess has not been implemented yet) and got pelt from aswell. But made the game a little more exciting rather than just seeing trees sway and hearing the odd chicken..
Am yet to see cows or Elk despite hearing them a lot!

It is implemented. The picture just doesn't show up in your inventory. Much like the alkaline batteries. I've heard you can attach it to your boonie hat but I havn't had a chance to try it. 

4 hours ago, McPhorce said:

It is implemented. The picture just doesn't show up in your inventory. Much like the alkaline batteries. I've heard you can attach it to your boonie hat but I havn't had a chance to try it. 

I've had it before. It's bugged atm tho. In both the inventory screen and TPP it appears to the side of your character's head.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:09 PM, McPhorce said:

21 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I've had it before. It's bugged atm tho. In both the inventory screen and TPP it appears to the side of your character's head.

What use does it have?

On 10/7/2018 at 2:35 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Good to know! I'll have to cut my search for bones short then. Guess it's back to my original mission... Locate and acquire a SVD! Thanks for the info on the bone to boonie glitch. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, McPhorce said:

Good to know! I'll have to cut my search for bones short then. Guess it's back to my original mission... Locate and acquire a SVD! Thanks for the info on the bone to boonie glitch. 

I got the bone from only sheep so far. I've skinned just about everything too. *wink*

2 minutes ago, DuffMasterHomer said:

First time i found a T-Shirt... is it new? :/

Lol I don't think so.

o.0

Edited by Man Parts 241

This probably isn't new, but it's the first time I've seen it happen. I had an infected woman climb up and leap off of a wall taller than the character models to get to me! That completely caught me off guard as I expected her to have to run to the nearest opening of the enclosure to pursue me into the streets... The infected are quite acrobatic!

So far I have hunted goat, sheep(bone fish hook is bugged), boar, deer(bull&cow), chicken, cow, pig and wolves. Not sure if clothing does help with spooking them, but im always in autumn hunting gear with a camo boonie hat. I focus on the deer as they are the most difficult for me so far. Tracking them is possible if you scare them, just follow the sound.

Remember that they will run a few hundred meters from you in the opposite direction of where you spooked them, so dont give up if you cant hear them. Also I have crawled(prone) as close 20-30yrds away from them, but this was in a thick forest on the western edge. Dont crouch in the open as this will scare them off.

Im waiting on the bow and arrows and the fishing rod to be added(hopefully next update), as trying to kill a big bull(male elk) with a bow sounds like fun. 

Had a zombie aggro on me last night. It ran AWAY from me a pretty fair distance, then suddenly appeared standing in front of me. I saved a clip of it and it's on my Xbox feed. 

My tag is SecuroBot

• Haha 1

Just found...

Boar. Along the stream leading north out of electro. Dropped a pelt. I camped it out while i cooked the meat and smoked a facial. Good times.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 1:08 AM, Lukemayhem said:

So far I have hunted goat, sheep(bone fish hook is bugged), boar, deer(bull&cow), chicken, cow, pig and wolves. Not sure if clothing does help with spooking them, but im always in autumn hunting gear with a camo boonie hat. I focus on the deer as they are the most difficult for me so far. Tracking them is possible if you scare them, just follow the sound.

Remember that they will run a few hundred meters from you in the opposite direction of where you spooked them, so dont give up if you cant hear them. Also I have crawled(prone) as close 20-30yrds away from them, but this was in a thick forest on the western edge. Dont crouch in the open as this will scare them off.

Im waiting on the bow and arrows and the fishing rod to be added(hopefully next update), as trying to kill a big bull(male elk) with a bow sounds like fun. 

I think it's hit or miss with certain animals. I've walked right up to cows and smacked em with a shovel. On other occassions they run on sight. Same with the boar and sheep.

Deer run everytime... and they don't stop lol. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, john garcia said:

Had a zombie aggro on me last night. It ran AWAY from me a pretty fair distance, then suddenly appeared standing in front of me. I saved a clip of it and it's on my Xbox feed. 

My tag is SecuroBot

I've seen it happen. Got killed from it.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:04 PM, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

This probably isn't new, but it's the first time I've seen it happen. I had an infected woman climb up and leap off of a wall taller than the character models to get to me! That completely caught me off guard as I expected her to have to run to the nearest opening of the enclosure to pursue me into the streets... The infected are quite acrobatic!

I've seen them climb over the gray walls on train tracks. 

Standing there watching, thinking, I wish I could do that.

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

Just found... Or should I say. Finally found... a megaphone! Not a battery in sight x/

Has anyone found a heli crash site? Starting to think they got removed. Haven't seen one since the last update.

Oh yea, also, just found... some new survivors. RP guys. Refreshed the game for me. Too bad my real friends jump ship.

• Sad 1

So I find three batteries. Some asshole tries to kos, hits the megaphone... ruined!

I somehow kill the guy even tho he had the drop on me. Human steak over an open fire for din din.

Smh you kos skrubs.

• Beans 1

Have found elk and cattle just recently in fields grazing around Gorka in server 4200. Have found elk again in the woods in between Devil's Castle and Ratnoe in the high pop server 4344. Not sure if server really matters but atleast we're getting some sightings, and great dinner too.

• Like 2