Anyeurysm

Multiple characters?

I personally think it would be cool to be able to have at least 3 characters you can run. 

My 3 man squad just left airfield stacked and 1 of us can't play again until Saturday... 

It feels unfair to play without him.

Anyone know if there are plans for multiple characters?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Make another email with gmail or yahoo then start another gamer tag. If you share gold on your console you can have as many tags as emails lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

It doesn't work, I tried to create a second character so  my son could play on his profile but I think it's locked to your ip address. I guess it's some sort of anticheat logic, but it's really annoying that my son will not be able to play.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It doesn't work, I tried to create a second character so  my son could play on his profile but I think it's locked to your ip address. I guess it's some sort of anticheat logic, but it's really annoying that my son will not be able to play.

Make sure you designate the intended Xbox as the "home" Xbox in settings.

Then add a new sign in account on that Xbox. 

Go back to settings and manage family to add that sign in account to the home console.

Boom, now you don't have to pay for an extra live account and you can run a new character under each account.

I myself have 3 so far...

• Beans 2

Share gold on your xbox is all. I use accounts that are not within the registered family.

Make sure you're signing out of all services/games then power cycling the xbox before switching profiles. Works for me.

Edit: @Anyeurysm Agreed. An option to choose in-game profiles would be good. 5 would be good.

Edited by Pullinga Willson
  • Beans 1

Buy two PCs.  Get two steam accounts. Buy two copies of DayZ.  Get multiple characters legitimately.  Prosper.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

Buy two PCs.  Get two steam accounts. Buy two copies of DayZ.  Get multiple characters legitimately.  Prosper.

Im on Xbox and PC, but this section is for Xbox specific things.

19 hours ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Im on Xbox and PC, but this section is for Xbox specific things.

Yes, I realize that.  Let me preface my previous statement with:

"First, throw your xbox in the river, then..."  

(not really, but kinda maybe)

• Confused 1

I have (2) guys running. One guy I run solo with because my buddy doesn’t play as often as I do and I hate moving on without him. 

If anyone wants a partner to run with when playing, HMU! 

XFileGunner

XFileGunner86

friendly. Want to survive, loot, hunt and wanna take a decimated town and get it running again. 

your reasoning for wanting another character is completely Reasonable but I believe the majority of players who have multiple characters do so with the intention of avenging their own death and protecting bases so everyone having one character is the way to go

3 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

the majority of players who have multiple characters do so with the intention of avenging their own death and protecting bases so everyone having one character is the way to go

One day I feel like I want to roam around the airfield and the next day I wanna start fresh but I want to keep the guy at the airfield for another day.

my phone is a dick, I cant directly reply or quote your message so I hope you see my reply because I do agree with you, although this is a gritty survival. Game where I see it as once your dead your dead, not some shit where you click your save game and spawn in with gear, I know alot of people will disagree with me but I feel like you are one being so you should have one char, this is my personal opinion and from what I've seen pc is going in the direction of allowing players to have more than one character so things appear to be going the way you want, I do not necessarily disagree with that I just know the way I would. Like it to be but wont cry about it as frankly this is the best game I've ever played.