ImpulZ

Internal testing of the new content update 08/08/2018

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

sounds like she cut you deep bro but i dont see why u gotta bring dayz into it.

I don't even know why I am responding to a troll post but.. please elaborate on why my post has nothing to do with the communicators and Dayz.

not trolling just responding in sarcasm to the 8000000000th whiny post by someone complaining that dayz is in early access and isnt going as fast as they hoped.  we get it.  we all want dayz to be finished yesterday so we can park ourselves back in front of our computers till we grow roots.  it will be done when its done and complaining about it isnt doing anything productive.  

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

not trolling just responding in sarcasm to the 8000000000th whiny post by someone complaining that dayz is in early access and isnt going as fast as they hoped.  we get it.  we all want dayz to be finished yesterday so we can park ourselves back in front of our computers till we grow roots.  it will be done when its done and complaining about it isnt doing anything productive.  

You're not picking up on the essential part of my message, which is not whether or not the game is going to be done in 2019 or 2021, I'm calling out the communicators and leaders of the development team for their false promises and straight up lies through out 6 years.

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brandon Clinch said:

You're not picking up on the essential part of my message, which is not wether or not the game is going to be done 2019 or in 2021, I'm calling out the communicators and leaders of the development team for their false promises and straight up lies through out 6 years.

What lies exactly? I have not been following the development from the first day but the last 1.5 year I have not seen any lie. I do think that how they word things could be improved. Too many times it sounds like it is just right around the corner while it is not.

• Confused 1

they are developing something new on a new engine.  i cant imagine how hard it would be to promis anything at all never mind with certainty.  it doesnt nake them liars just because they keep hitting road blocks.  

so one day you tell your (im guessing x from op) girlfriend you will be over in an hour and you start walking over.  halfway there some old lady in a rusted out pinto runs you over and you dont get to ur girlfriends till a week later.... should she look at it as you are a liar and a douchebag just because something unexpected happened?

On 8.8.2018 at 10:28 PM, DannyDog said:

It is just the implementation of it in the new scripting language and systems. Those systems are also still being fine tuned. Sure the new engine is here but by no means is it complete. They dont start from scratch at all. They just need to configure them to work on the new systems and then implement them.

Yeah but this exactly what i am talking about...take the firearms for example...there are how many in experimental ? 10 out of 50 ( roughly)..so if they have to do new sets of animations , configs and sound polishing for every gun because of the new engine the weapons alone will take months to implement...not weeks :/  same goes for animals and so many other things....of course it is not completely from scratc, the models are there...and this is the problem...they should provide us some real info about  such things, something like how many people are working on implementing weapons for example and what the workflow is for that,  instead the same blablabla again and again in nearly every status report. This then would give us a realistic timeframe for full beta.

• Beans 1

Its getting boring. Dayz slowly dies for me. All i read its like: Not finished, willcome soon, has to be polished. Slowly i think its never done they are much to slow.

i have started feel the same...last one what really hitting me out of this game was that fishing mechanic is not coming this year....

for player who likes to go solo and foot....fishing is one "what to do" in game.

almost 5 months left this year and devs said that after some diibadaaba,developing the game becomes faster.
but i understand,you cant make everyone happy...so i have to seek some other games what is coming.
see you next year

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Yeah but this exactly what i am talking about...take the firearms for example...there are how many in experimental ? 10 out of 50 ( roughly)..so if they have to do new sets of animations , configs and sound polishing for every gun because of the new engine the weapons alone will take months to implement...not weeks :/  same goes for animals and so many other things....of course it is not completely from scratc, the models are there...and this is the problem...they should provide us some real info about  such things, something like how many people are working on implementing weapons for example and what the workflow is for that,  instead the same blablabla again and again in nearly every status report. This then would give us a realistic timeframe for full beta.

I whole heartedly agree. The way they communicate gives a lot of uncertainty when it comes to how far they are progressing and what their intended goals are for what makes BETA and 1.0. We didn't even know fishing wasn't going to be in before 1.0 until now. How can something like that let slide and be made uncertain until half way through the year. Also it doesn't take months to implement. They're not going to implement all the weapons in if it takes time away from developing other important systems. All they are doing essentially is implementing weapons that matter on improving the system. Such as the mosin being a means of implementing chamber looping that can then work for all other bolt action/pump action rifles/shot guns. That itself would have taken more time to develop than actually implementing the weapon. Say they wanted to implement the winchester70 now. It will not take as long as it did for the mosin because that major system that had to be implemented is done. But the fact that none of this is communicated is the issue.

• Beans 1

I feel like this team has some real issues and dropped this ball a few times. Now that they have set their sights on new revenue streams, tie Xbox and PS4 they PC buyers are just following the carrot in front of the ass while they work on those ports. This game is another So and only the Dev's seem to know it. All console games are $60 and that's the real cash they need to not be failures to BI execs. That's thevturn around cause they blew it on PC so once that port is ready we will see content. They were almost ready 2 weeks ago from status report 6/31 but well well guess what they are somehow not even close again. Its all about the influx of console cash and not the playerbase it has. Lets get honest please.

How long du you need for a freaking content update guys?! You can't be serious?! I thought you said: "After the engine is finished and all systems are working (what is the case now), updates will come much faster". 

You add some new weapons and new mechanics and need nearly 1 MONTH to make it work properly! How long tf will it take if you add big stuff like basebuilding or vehicles? And how should this be possible in 2018 if you're continuing in this tempo?

• Beans 1

can only hope the slow progress mean surprises we could never envisage :P As, there is a direct competitor for dayz on the market now (Looks naff to me, but gonna look -its alpha), that listed a lot of thing i talked about in another post (so we will find out if my ideas where correct :P), which a survival game should have to set its self apart from just another FPS (an no, i didn't know of the other game till today).   i'll wait for Dayz, don't think the new game is a competitor, no atmosphere and very, very gamey (click too loot, all boxes look the same,to meny stat read outs....to meny stats), hope Dayz never goes in that direction :P

So i don't feel disappointed, not expecting it to be out at a set time, nor to have anything special... just that it will be a bare bones for modders to make a game (seeing it as a platfrom and not a game, makes more sense, base on the planed ,limited functions and mechanics... that we know about)

As for the communication... its difficult with kick-starter and talking to your player base.. still a kinda new concept in development and i have see disasters when Devs say something that does not happen (gets drop from the road-map). 

Normally we would not know anything about the game till it's a few months from release (we would not know Dayz had this big set back in dev time, if it was privately funded), maybe a press release 6 months before beta... but we have had access to devs since the start, who are not in the mind set to communicate with the public ><

Just cool its not been dropped, seen some good titles just vanish, never picked up again (some times that for the best, as the game missed its window and now its 'old hat')

so yeah, they probably do need a team just for press/info update ... best thing to do is never give ETAs (elite dangerous: sandro sammarco: ''no ETAs, no guarantee''...is what he says to anything that's not pretty much complete and shipped... they learnt the hard way, not to give time estimates :P)

Edited by soods