Sign in to follow this  
exacomvm

After Long break i understand why nobody plays DayZ.

29 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

I think it will be better to wait till DayZ 0.9.

There is no use, to keep the expectations on.

There is not going to be any 0.9 it will be .63 until it's done. 

11 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

I think it's never useless to learn something in a game. whether it's broken, bugy, or a crap.

So what you are saying is, learning a broken system is OK because once the system is fixed you will have to re-learn everything? I would agree with you as long as the broken mechanic is fun. Otherwise, it sounds like a colossal waste of time.

• Beans 3

14 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

There is not going to be any 0.9 it will be .63 until it's done. 

I'm choosing 0.9. Unless you are saying that 63 will be last iteration, and there won't be 0.9.

0.63, nor 0.73, nor 0.83 doesn't sound interesting anymore. Doesn't matter if each iteration will be waited for months or for weeks. I suppose ~0.9 will be the approximate time when it will be worth to aim to use this product. 

We'll see if it will be real DayZ again then, or if it will be run and loot simulator like recent builds. Doesn't matter to much how it will be in between. Problem solved.

If the game will reborn, people will talk about it. It will be easy not to miss that time.

Edited by Mantasisg

15 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

It's a game, and games are fun until you master them, then it gets boring, and that's something completely normal in life.

When the system is broken and you learn how to handle the broken system, you end up with Henry Ford's sentence: "do not look for mistakes, look for solutions".

Wat ?

I bet you haven't really mastered any. Real fun begins when you really start to rock...

Now we know what is the typical picture of current DayZ fan. A person who is enjoying finding ways around broken things. Thats probably the whole concept of survival. Don't get depressed simulator. 

Those quoting skills though.

I know a good solution - don't use broken stuff, especially if you can't fix it. You are just player, you aren't looking for solutions. You aren't the dev. You are not the Dev, you aren't Henry Ford, you aren't developing, you are the user. Only thing you can do is to modify your personal item. Would you do it ? Could you do it ? Probably not. Don't be ridiculous.

The solution is - not to use unprepared software. Which obviously is so. There has been nothing focused for better gameplay for more than a year, perhaps for two years now. 

On 1/9/2018 at 11:47 AM, Mantasisg said:

<< don't use broken stuff, especially if you can't fix it. You are just player, you aren't looking for solutions. >>

You ever read the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam ?

Alike for those who for TODAY prepare,
 And those that after a TOMORROW stare,
 A Muezzin from the Tower of Darkness cries
 "Fools! your Reward is neither Here nor There."

For in and out, above, about, below,
 'Tis nothing but a Magic Shadow-show,
 Play'd in a Box whose Candle is the Sun,
 Round which we Phantom Figures come and go.

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
~

12 hours ago, scriptfactory said:

..snip..

1)I would agree with you as long as the broken mechanic is fun. 2)Otherwise, it sounds like a colossal waste of time.

1) yes i absolutly agree, if you can play with fun. 

2)  I agree with that, too. But just at this point, it is very relative what "waste of time" WoT is "in my live". You could say, every computer game is "WoT", I could do something in the time with friends in the RL. Others go out into nature, do sports, screw cars in the garage, even that could be "WoT". So it's relatively what everyone does in their lives because if you enjoy it, then it's good if you do not have fun then you should change something ... by doing something that's fun.

9 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Wat ?

I bet you haven't really mastered any. Real fun begins when you really start to rock...

Now we know what is the typical picture of current DayZ fan. A person who is enjoying finding ways around broken things. Thats probably the whole concept of survival. Don't get depressed simulator. 

Those quoting skills though.

I know a good solution - don't use broken stuff, especially if you can't fix it. You are just player, you aren't looking for solutions. You aren't the dev. You are not the Dev, you aren't Henry Ford, you aren't developing, you are the user. Only thing you can do is to modify your personal item. Would you do it ? Could you do it ? Probably not. Don't be ridiculous.

The solution is - not to use unprepared software. Which obviously is so. There has been nothing focused for better gameplay for more than a year, perhaps for two years now. 

I agree with you too. I do not use broken software. That's why I still have Win7 Ultimate as a system. DayZ is not an important software for me, it's a game, it's an unfinished game that's still being built. I'm not a game developer either, you're right. I develop packaging machines for the chocolate industry and that is my profession .. in my free time when I can not or do not want to go outside, I do not feel like developing or helping a game. if something is broken then that's not my job to solve that, the devs should do that. The errors I do not have to report, because they already know the Devs from the many tickets. I also do not play games that annoy me or that I find crap, I leave that quiet in the corner, I do not even bother with anything in this to write forums. DayZ is ... a construction site, but thanks to the construction site there are some very good communitis for which I am using myself as a hobby. Yes, now and then I play DayZ ... but only if I feel like it, and want to test something.

If I go to Prague to the Devs, I do not want to talk to them about their work, I would rather drink a beer or a coffee with them and talk about country people and hobbies.

No one has to understand that, because we are all different.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/8/2018 at 4:30 AM, oldfossil said:

I understand what you mean, I respect it, and I don't want to be polemic with you or anyone that have their own opinions about DZ, but I just want to express another point of view about this subject.

If you play, for example, a good flight simulator, you can achieve some realistic involvement into a plane steering technique. When you learn to do melee fight in DZ you are only learning to deal with a really crappy combat system and to draw the best experience and results for yourself (and you have passed years to learn something that is not well worth to spend just a few hours to do it... moreover you'll have to do it again when the Beta will be released). In my opinion it is not good at all. In my opinion a game like DZ should face the player with more than the actual way to solve player interactions during the fights.

As last words, let me say that I'm criticizing it so much because I have great expectations from it, DZ is a game that I love so much and I'll continue to play as long as possible (as to appreciate the developer's everyday job).

Not a problem at all :) ...I look at it this way, Alpha game, alpha gameplay. Beta game, beta gameplay. I learned the melee techniques in Alpha and enjoying it. Why not? I will re-learn it in Beta, and will enjoy it. I will re-learn it again in Stable, so on. I adapt to whatever game the devs throw at me. Everyone's playing the same Alpha DayZ. I'm playing whatever game is on my table atm, broken or not, I play to win. Otherwise, why bother playing the Alpha game?

Heck, when I was a kid, we used to make our own soccer balls from plastic bags and stuff. Those who were good at kicking the handmade ball, were good at the game. You either played it, or waited until someone gave us a new real soccer ball. Another example is, we also made our own hockey sticks. They weren't perfect, but we still played it! Broken game, or fixed, it doesn't matter, because it is what it is and a person can make a choice to play the unfinished game or not. Plus, me playing to win a melee fight and try to get better at it, maybe providing a useful amount of data to devs to work on the game. Some people often forget that they are playing an Alpha Game.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 10:18 PM, sneakydude said:

LOL skills in dayz? half the shit is broken and then rebroken. Yes wait until .63 to see if its fixed.

The game is not finished yet. In fact, it's not a game yet. We are all playing an unfinished game. Why would we play an Unfinished game and NOT try to get better at playing the Unfinished game? I always say this to myself, Alpha game, Alpha gameplay. Yes, you can have Alpha game skills. Otherwise why play? Let me ask you this, do you play DayZ Alpha? If yes, do you try to win a fight or survive longer in DayZ Alpha? If yes, then that means you have skills to stay alive longer as much as possible. And if you are good at playing the Alpha, that means you have good Alpha skills. By skills, I mean, gaming skills, skills to control weapons in the game, reaction time, reflex, making quick decisions, out smarting or out playing your opponent, etc.. etc. are all skills. If you have 500 or more hours in DayZ, that means you have DayZ Alpha skills you gained in the process. Without the skills a new player will die from starvation in the first 20-30 minutes wondering around clueless on the coast. As a kid, I used to play hockey with homemade sticks. We made our own ice ground. It wasn't perfect, but we still played it and became good at it. We didn't stay indoors because we didn't have the right things. So, I'm playing the Alpha DayZ, an unfinished game, and I learned how to survive in an Unfinished game. I will do the same with Beta. I will learn Beta skills. Why not, right? At this point, people either play it or not.

• Beans 3

I see all the points of view, but I still stay on my opinion.

It is normal that something can be bugged (bugged, not made in that way to work as a finished product), but if the intention is to simulate something as close as possible to the real world, in the case of DZ we are quite far from the goal.

As a stupid example, I think that everyone could master a mouse pointer that goes in another direction indeed of that towards the hand is moving, but how can it make sense? It could be funny for a meanwhile, but in my opinion this is not the intended way to make the pointer working, and it should be fixed.

I know that we still are in alpha and that some consideration could be premature, but at the moment we can only make considerations about this developement stage of the game. I'm sure that the beta will be more fun to play.

3 hours ago, oldfossil said:

As a stupid example, I think that everyone could master a mouse pointer that goes in another direction indeed of that towards the hand is moving, but how can it make sense? It could be funny for a meanwhile, but in my opinion this is not the intended way to make the pointer working, and it should be fixed.

rotate your mouse ?

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Just be patient, wait for 0.63 to come out, and then if it still doesn't feel good to ya should you post about it's horrible-ness.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
Sentence structure.

19 hours ago, NomadZGaming said:

The game is not finished yet. In fact, it's not a game yet. We are all playing an unfinished game. Why would we play an Unfinished game and NOT try to get better at playing the Unfinished game? I always say this to myself, Alpha game, Alpha gameplay. Yes, you can have Alpha game skills. Otherwise why play? Let me ask you this, do you play DayZ Alpha? If yes, do you try to win a fight or survive longer in DayZ Alpha? If yes, then that means you have skills to stay alive longer as much as possible. And if you are good at playing the Alpha, that means you have good Alpha skills. By skills, I mean, gaming skills, skills to control weapons in the game, reaction time, reflex, making quick decisions, out smarting or out playing your opponent, etc.. etc. are all skills. If you have 500 or more hours in DayZ, that means you have DayZ Alpha skills you gained in the process. Without the skills a new player will die from starvation in the first 20-30 minutes wondering around clueless on the coast. As a kid, I used to play hockey with homemade sticks. We made our own ice ground. It wasn't perfect, but we still played it and became good at it. We didn't stay indoors because we didn't have the right things. So, I'm playing the Alpha DayZ, an unfinished game, and I learned how to survive in an Unfinished game. I will do the same with Beta. I will learn Beta skills. Why not, right? At this point, people either play it or not.

4000+ hrs bud 2 accounts. Lets hope to see .63 and get what was in or promised base building, and crafting system and the real survival then starts until now, walking sim 2017 right?

On 1/11/2018 at 8:03 AM, sneakydude said:

4000+ hrs bud 2 accounts. Lets hope to see .63 and get what was in or promised base building, and crafting system and the real survival then starts until now, walking sim 2017 right?

You used to be such a pro-DayZ Bear Grylls supporter several years ago.. Have you changed your mind? 

I really hope that 0.63 will force players to completely rethink how they play DayZ, combat tactics, survival and movement. It would be nice if 0.63 "reset" the skill of all the 2000+ hour players who have become super experts at A-D-A-D and sprint twitching while fiddling with their inventory, to level the playing field and giving some of us (then returning players) a chance to kick ass every now and then.