rain64

Should 3rd person be removed?

Should the game just be 1st person like Rust? The camera angle doesn't really make sense in PVP with 1st person shooting mechanics, people will lie behind trees, cars, inside bushes etc forever and look around the corner to overview the entire area.

I've seen streams where people sit in a building for 30 minutes and look out the window. This camera angle allows you to see a wide area while being invisible, it's just illogical and hurts the game more than it improves it.

A lot of people like the third person, it kind of makes them feel like they are safer when in fact, the opposite it true. With 3rd person enabled you can never be sure if someone is watching you or not, you cannot confirm it, because the person could be invisible and pop out from a corner at any moment and shoot you. With 1st person you will be able to see someone who can see you, also in general people will not be able to see you as often since they are limited by more objects blocking the view.

Sure there are 1st person-only servers but only very few and only few people ever play on them. Usually I love 3rd person view, in single player games I always use it. But in multiplayer based games with pvp it just always creates these dumb stalemate type situations where everybody lies behind a bush. I think it should be removed, it has no place in such a game.

Edited by rain64

Have faith that the Devs know all of this and probably have an adjusted Camera view on the New Player Character that is Lower and Closer to the Body as to not allow exploit. 

This is by far not the first time someone has stated this topic, including myself at one point haha

On 07/02/2017 at 2:55 PM, rain64 said:

Sure there are 1st person-only servers but only very few and only few people ever play on them.

You answered your own question there.

I have seen/heard a lot of people say that 3PP should be removed and personally I don't see why the devs would remove it if the other option is nowhere near as popular, forcing people to play with a view they don't want is ridiculous. If they removed it from DayZ then why stop there? Take it from Arma 3 and any of their other titles lol.

If you think it is not needed then play on a 1PP server, that is the whole point of them ;) 

• Like 1

People should have the right to see their asses. I would just get rid with the exploit problem making people unable to see other players in 3pp that wouldn't be visible in 1pp. 

6 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

You answered your own question there.

I have seen/heard a lot of people say that 3PP should be removed and personally I don't see why the devs would remove it if the other option is nowhere near as popular, forcing people to play with a view they don't want is ridiculous. If they removed it from DayZ then why stop there? Take it from Arma 3 and any of their other titles lol.

If you think it is not needed then play on a 1PP server, that is the whole point of them ;) 

Well I think most people are not aware of the issues that exist with 3pp or just play in the mode that everyone plays. But I think people could get used to 1st person quickly.

Well let's see what the devs are gonna do, I personally don't have huge motivation to play on 3rd person anymore since realizing how everyone always looks around corners.

Edited by rain64

24 minutes ago, rain64 said:

Well I think most people are not aware of the issues that exist with 3pp or just play in the mode that everyone plays.

Seeing people in 3PP is not an issue, it's a choice. Stick to 1PP and everyone is happy :) 

It'll never happen. I personally prefer 1pp and play it when I get the opportunity, though 3pp is fine. 3pp/1pp splits the community - I wish the devs had put their foot down from the very beginning; 3pp seems antithetical to a hardcore survival experience.

If 3pp couldn't be exploited, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I dont care for 3rd person, but to have the option is important. To have as many options or settings as possible is always a good thing in a game for me. I just prefer to just play on 1st person servers.

Edited by skynet83

3rd person view is like playing with wallhack ;P

There are good ways to still use 3rd person and not be able to look through walls or windows when you stand by them. Dayz just need a 3rd person camara correction, there is no need to be black or white with this topic.

Suggesting this for ages:

One view only: 3rd person (switchable to 1st). While in 3rd person you can't do anything but moving (no crosshair, no inventory or vicinity interaction, no bandaging, no reloading, no shooting, no crafting, no nothing). The screen may also fade black for a few seconds when switching view modes, to make it a tactical decision in advance whether you go somewhere in 1st or 3rd person view.

With this we also don't need any useless adjustments to the 3rd person camera to make "shooting from the hip" almost impossible. 3rd person may not be "realistic", but 1st person in video games doesn't feel realistic either, since something undefinable is missing in comparison to "real life's first person view".

Complaining about that others behind a wall may use 3rd person view as a cheat or something... YOU can do this too. This complaint is as useless as demands for more powerful weapons... the first thing that happens is that these weapons are used AGAINST those who demand them.

On 2/15/2017 at 3:05 PM, roguetrooper said:

Complaining about that others behind a wall may use 3rd person view as a cheat or something... YOU can do this too. This complaint is as useless as demands for more powerful weapons... the first thing that happens is that these weapons are used AGAINST those who demand them.

So forcing players to play 3pp by saying you can wall cheat too is a solution?  Lol what?

On 17.2.2017 at 1:33 AM, Guy Smiley said:

So forcing players to play 3pp by saying you can wall cheat too is a solution?  Lol what?

A THING THAT EVERYBODY CAN USE LEGALLY AND AS INTENDED BY THE DEVS IS NOT A CHEAT. IT MAY BE UNREALISTIC, BUT IT IS NO CHEAT AND NO EXPLOIT. Holy shit. One day even the last person should have noticed that.

And stop talking about "realistic survival simulator" (everybody, not especially you). What "realistic survival simulation" can it be sitting in a comfortable chair in a warm room, with a fridge full of food and a toilet in direct reach and not feeling pain and exhaustion...

Edited by roguetrooper

On 2/8/2017 at 3:44 AM, Espa said:

Have faith that the Devs know all of this and probably have an adjusted Camera view on the New Player Character that is Lower and Closer to the Body as to not allow exploit. 

This is by far not the first time someone has stated this topic, including myself at one point haha

I remember they did introduce that a while back  " Lower and Closer to the Body" camera angle,i defs remember playing with it i wonder if that was on experimental.. because it wouldnt let me look over walls and i remember thinking hell yesss but there seems to be nothen like this in the game atm obviously