Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136541

Wow

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Hicks is uploading new dev builds, we have to watch out for what one we post on.

To me some of it is unchanged too, but i don't know whats changed either.

Here is a small video of that for current build ID 1501247. No updates i saw so current build i believe hicks. Ill record other issues, relevant to this thread build id.

7minutes should be completed.

Wow, Wolves are stupid hard to kill with melee 

Running 64 bit client, the new build is working great so far, no disconnects or crashes. Server browser is quick, in game performance is awesome. Just some quick testing but it is working great so far... had to alt-tab out and either a zombie or some asshat killed me while I was laying on the ground. Hope they enjoy the loot! Anyway so far so good. Zombies seem to be working well, still need to play with it more. I have not run into any major bugs yet. I did have the issue where I picked something up and it would not register, had to throw to clear my hands.

Holy shit, I fresh spawned, eating apples and some dude runs up stabbing me... people are crazy!

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 1

Quick question, how do I get the character to switch sides?

hold "q" for left and "e" for right, if you mean the 3p camera

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wasnu said:

hold "q" for left and "e" for right, if you mean the 3p camera

Thank you sir.

Checking performance monitor and the load is spread great across all cores! Great optimization!

12 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

I did have the issue where I picked something up and it would not register, had to throw to clear my hands.

Was it related to waterproof bag? There might be a bug related to it. I see nothing in feedback tracker related to the bag.

Need to find more bags, I think it might be reproducible.

6 minutes ago, Coheed_IV said:

Was it related to waterproof bag? There might be a bug related to it. I see nothing in feedback tracker related to the bag.

Need to find more bags, I think it might be reproducible.

No I was only trying to put it in my hand, it would not register and it would stay on the ground. However, I went up to an apple tree and it gave me the option to cut branch / bark like I had it in my hand. I pressed G and it acted like it threw something and then allowed me to search for apples.

Running x64. Dropped to 7fps for a few seconds when entering an area of about 150-200m away from 3 other players. Could hear their voip loud and clear.

Edited by KingOfTime
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

No I was only trying to put it in my hand, it would not register and it would stay on the ground. However, I went up to an apple tree and it gave me the option to cut branch / bark like I had it in my hand. I pressed G and it acted like it threw something and then allowed me to search for apples.

Had similar issue on previous build https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121928

Did they add a ping kick?

I'm getting a generic "you were kicked" on a lot of the servers I'm used to playing on yet I could stay connected the one with the best ping.

• Like 1

Hit detection seems fine, no delay. Guy went down like a bag of sand.

Also sorry to whomever I just shot at the new base northwest on the road. I felt threatened because you were so many guys.

• Like 1

I played a while on an US CentralEast server with a ping of 150-200. Gameplay was mostly responsive. Got into a firefight once which went smooth.

But the "Receiving..." message takes a while when I rightclick items. Especially because of magazines I will try to avoid playing on high ping servers.

Initally doors take a while to open/close as well. First it takes a while for the door state symbol to show up on my crosshair. But what is odd is: it takes so long for the door to start opening graphically, the server allowes me to run through them while they are still closed! Once I interacted with a door, interacting with the same door again is much more responsive.

The crash I reported from the previous interation still seems to be there. Fingers crossed this gets fixed soon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gekker said:

I played a while on an US CentralEast server with a ping of 150-200. Gameplay was mostly responsive. Got into a firefight once which went smooth.

But the "Receiving..." message takes a while when I rightclick items. Especially because of magazines I will try to avoid playing on high ping servers.

Initally doors take a while to open/close as well. First it takes a while for the door state symbol to show up on my crosshair. But what is odd is: it takes so long for the door to start opening graphically, the server allowes me to run through them while they are still closed! Once I interacted with a door, interacting with the same door again is much more responsive.

The crash I reported from the previous interation still seems to be there. Fingers crossed this gets fixed soon.

A lot of that could be from the high ping, it sounds like a latency issue anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

A lot of that could be from the high ping, it sounds like a latency issue anyway.

Oh, Im sure it is. I just wanted to write about my high ping session experience. I don't have those issues on servers under 100 ping.

The thing that is striking is that gunfights are surprisingly smooth in comparison to normal interactions with doors and items.

• Like 1

Well this is the best build so far for me for deysinc.  Hardly had any. And nice to see you on SNG 1pp Bio.  Do you go on it much?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fing said:

Well this is the best build so far for me for deysinc.  Hardly had any. And nice to see you on SNG 1pp Bio.  Do you go on it much?

I agree, I have not had much if any desynch with this latest build, really nice build! Looking forward to seeing this stable and by Christmas! If it happens, that will be a cool Christmas gift. Maybe we will see a sale to so I can pickup a couple copies as gifts :-)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I'm getting a generic "you were kicked" on a lot of the servers I'm used to playing on yet I could stay connected the one with the best ping.

Seen you disconnect 3 times at SNG 02 ;)

I just tested the range finder and it works again, but you get same strange values when you look into the air, looool.

It seems that you get hungry or starving very fast, and after eating a shitload of food U will get back to starving in no time. Hardly got energized from 4 deer steaks while I just got the hungry status.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I saw you get kicked from the server a couple of times, without further messages, just "Server : BCBasher got kicked.".

I would be sad if that was the case, as ping never really affected me on a performance level. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, gekker said:

I don't know if they are configured differently or what, by my experiences on the US CentralEast servers hasn't been great, even though I have far and away the best ping to them.  I mostly play on the SouthCentral and SouthWest servers (with twice the ping) and inventory, doors, etc. are plenty snappy.

• Like 1

Hello ! I will share my experience with this build !

I played on UK 0 4 ! I love 1st person !

no desync server perform great !

I saw a guy not moving but bleeding I bandage him but when he got out of AFK he attacked me, the melee fight was great with no desync... no TP... smooth movement ! really really great !

Food are super scarce which is good !! I had to hunt some deer with my shotgun but didn't suceed ! looks like deer flee more easily ! at night it was even more hard !

I think apples are an too easy way to fight hunger ! but if you delete them now a lot of people gonna cry for sure !

In the yesterday build I was dying of hypothermia and hunger but manage to survive ! it's was really harsh ! I love it ! It was really rewarding to survive !

The game is going to the right direction ! keep up the good works !

Thank You !

• Like 2

I had to log as I am at work and some ass hole near me beat me to death... spawning again.

It's not my ping getting me kicked, it's 1pp.

I joined the highest ping 3pp server but cant join any 1pp?

9 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

It's not my ping getting me kicked, it's 1pp.

I joined the highest ping 3pp server but cant join any 1pp?

That's interesting, I wonder why that would matter. Well I am out, maybe catch some of you on tonight :-)

Edited by ShallowTech

Some things that stood out this build:

Saw no naked people

Some cases where items would be visible but not to all. Dropping, using storage, combining or throwing did not make the items appear. It sometimes even consumes all items and vanishes alltogether.

Melee animation less responsive

Infected still switch parties.

Other than that runs good will continue testing 

• Like 2