Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Did you try

43 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I had been able to keep my original exp character from succumbing to hypothermia. I must have used a fire about 10x to fiend off the rain/colds.  I had been relying on outside fires and didn't feel the need to go inside a house, they seemed to work just fine.  Up until last night - I was getting lax about it and the cold finally claimed it's due.  I think I waited a little too long before trying to warm up this time.   Gathering wood while in the "I am freezing" stage is not recommended, plus I didn't get the fire going until I was hypothermic. While the fire did dry my clothes from drenched to dry very quickly I could not seem to get any heat transferred from the fire after about 10 minutes.  Of course I changed positions a bunch of times, tried squatting down, standing and even went prone.  Watching the debug monitor my temp kept dropping and never once came back up.  I thought it might be a positional thing and so I vaulted (rumored to sync your position in the server) and adjusted my proximity to the fire but I got burned twice (which told me I was indeed near the fire but) it lowered my health considerably and may have led to my untimely death.   

Just reporting what I've noticed about body temps and fire.   

Also, imo it's a good thing that the weather environment is dangerous again.  I'm forced to adapt my playstyle to survive.  I may have to go back to the old swimmer's loadout:  Firefighter's jacket and pants, drybag, wellies and insulated helmet!  Gas mask is an insulation bonus (100% waterproof) but gloves are a non-no as they are not 100% waterproof and will get you a damp status.

Reveal hidden contents

6rmCjQo.jpg

Free PVP bonus - This high-contrast bumblebee target outfit will get you shot at every time!

Did you try eating hot food?, IRL hypothermia is all about core temperature hot food and drinks should cure it quicker than sitting by a fire. I haven't had a chance to try yet as I got some server crashes just as I was setting up my fire.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MyBraiNz said:

Well i got rekt by the wolves earlier, very NW of the map in the woods..

That video bring a smile on my face.

For me this game is about being unsure all the time and felling tense. Deadly Hungry Wolves in forest, yeah we're going in good direction.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Also, imo it's a good thing that the weather environment is dangerous again.  I'm forced to adapt my playstyle to survive.

Reveal hidden contents6rmCjQo.jpg

Free PVP bonus - This high-contrast bumblebee target outfit will get you shot at every time!

Yeah, you're not the only one who enjoys the survival challenge.

I've seen and heard thunder and lightning almost constantly in 0.61, but it wasn't until this morning that I got caught in a genuine downpour. I was pretty concerned, because all I had to wear was a tracksuit jacket, jeans and baseball cap ... and all were already damp. There were no buildings nearby so a sat under a large tree. and watched the rain and mist for several minutes (until the server was brought down). This effect is a massive step forward! Surprisingly, even though my clothing was damp, my temperature did not budge, nor did I get wet.

Before it started to rain, I got to enjoy a foggy, overcast dawn. Again, the visual effects are an order of magnitude better than where we were, only a short time ago. Now, if only we could do something about the posterization of the nighttime sky ...

BTW - I found a zed, before the dawn broke. While his range of vision was quite short, when I whacked him with an ax he didn't seem to appreciate it. He came after me in a furry!  Thanks for the update, BI.  ;  )

• Like 1

Almost died of Hypothermia because I went afk for a minute to make my kiddo something to eat and hadn't gathered the materials for a fire, it was raining and zombies were everywhere.  It was perfect.

Zombie ranges seemed much closer today so the desynch may be resolving a bit.  Didn't get to test much else before the servers went down.

Did you try

Did you try eating hot food?, IRL hypothermia is all about core temperature hot food and drinks should cure it quicker than sitting by a fire. I haven't had a chance to try yet as I got some server crashes just as I was setting up my fire.

also helps to heat up cans and other containers then store them in inventory as makeshift heatpacks.

Edited by valdark
  • Like 1

Another 68MB incoming ...

EDIT: ver 0.61.135961

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

I finally had the massive rubberbanding, when being attacked by a zed. This is a massive pain in the ass, I felt like a heavy bag swinging back and forth, while the zed picked his shots. I had no weapons, whatsoever, and somehow, by shear luck, I punched his lights out. As spoon as he went down, the rubberbanding stopped.

No sooner than that encounter ended, I walked straight into a pack or wolves (yeah, not my lucky day)! At this point I had a shovel, but it was no match for them, due to their speed. I somehow managed to make it to a radio tower. I figured that if I were 50 meters up, they would soon loose interest. WRONG! Those furry little bastards, are nothing, if not persistent!!!

I'm considering ending it all, rather than becoming dog food ...

It would seem that DayZ has become a survival game again!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jordancsmith said:

Can anyone confirm if they have fixed character resets when a server crashes or restarts?

Character resets are typical and should be expected on Exp builds. You should only be surprised if there is no reset.

4 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Character resets are typical and should be expected on Exp builds. You should only be surprised if there is no reset.

Correct, but I believe he is referencing a recurring bug and not a patch wipe.

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I'm finding usable tires on wrecked cars pretty regular. Not sure when that became a thing.

Souns more logical then in garden sheds

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Im confused about those character wipes on server restart/crash. Because if You will log out corectly then Your character is saved. If server crash then character is wiped but server remember what time it was because when it crashes at night its still night after reset same with day time when crashing. So maybe they just want us to start from coast as many times as possible to gather more data from all the map not only NWAF :) 

And other thing about people complaining about low fps. I think its not fps problem but they added some kind of thing that sync Your position with Your position on server so its like teleport You all the time so they match and there is no desync. It can be seen for example when You aim with pistion with Your sights and strafe You can see flickering etc.

Is anyone else noticing a lower framerate than the prior build?  I seem to have lost between 15-25 fps depending on area.

1 hour ago, Five_Seven_Clown said:

Did you try

I didn't think of it.  Next time I'll give it a try.

1 hour ago, BleedoutBill said:

I've seen and heard thunder and lightning almost constantly in 0.61

I've also noted that the lightning and the thunder seem to be coordinated now.

I was running on the northern map's edge and saw lightning out in debug but fairly close, a second later I heard a loud thunder.  The second time the lightning seemed farther away and the sound seemed directional and at a lowered volume.  It seemed proportional to the distance and direction of the lightning.

Edit:  The thunder and lighting also seem to happen just before the rains come, as it should be.

ASdfsgP.png

It precipitates the precipitation.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jordancsmith said:

Can anyone confirm if they have fixed character resets when a server crashes or restarts?

On feedback tracker they mention a fix is scheduled for this, so i assume it is not fixed yet

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gaweu said:

Im confused about those character wipes on server restart/crash. Because if You will log out corectly then Your character is saved.

This isn't always true.  Played for about 7 hours straight on Sunday night with a buddy.  Everytime we found something significant, we would log out to save it before a crash reverted us back.

At least 5 times logging out didn't save my character state and I was reverted back to last saved character just as if the server had crashed.

My buddy had the same thing happen 3 times.  So it doesn't always save character when logging out.

Appears the the log out feature saving character works about 60-70% of the time based on my experience.

Again this was during a 7 hours session 2 nights ago.  There have been at least 2 updates since then, haven't tested those

39 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I expect that you are correct.

I'm just sayin' that this is the wrong approach for Exp, because bug, or no, the devs will routinely wipe it. I assume that it will be wiped at any moment and, therefore, I'm never disappointed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thebaddestass said:

This isn't always true.  Played for about 7 hours straight on Sunday night with a buddy.  Everytime we found something significant, we would log out to save it before a crash reverted us back.

At least 5 times logging out didn't save my character state and I was reverted back to last saved character just as if the server had crashed.

My buddy had the same thing happen 3 times.  So it doesn't always save character when logging out.

Appears the the log out feature saving character works about 60-70% of the time based on my experience.

Again this was during a 7 hours session 2 nights ago.  There have been at least 2 updates since then, haven't tested those

Yeah. Server crash do some thing like wipe all the data so if You log out it will save data but if server crash even when You are offline at that time and data was saved it will wipe it anyway. Its not true for server time tho like i said because when its getting back up after crash it still day/night as it was before crash

20 minutes ago, gaweu said:

Yeah. Server crash do some thing like wipe all the data so if You log out it will save data but if server crash even when You are offline at that time and data was saved it will wipe it anyway. Its not true for server time tho like i said because when its getting back up after crash it still day/night as it was before crash

As I stated above.  That isn't always true.

Please read my response again.

Logging out to save character has about a 65% chance of saving.  Which means it has about a 35% chance of not saving your character. 

11 minutes ago, thebaddestass said:

As I stated above.  That isn't always true.

Please read my response again.

Logging out to save character has about a 65% chance of saving.  Which means it has about a 35% chance of not saving your character. 

I see. i tought u said that  logging out didnt work for You 5 time to save Your gear because u were moved to coast after server crashes anyway. Now i got it. For me it works every single time when i log out to save gear till server crash. Yday and today

Very jittery / out of sync atm, when close to another player. Met one guy. We changed few words. After that it was rubberbanding and warping all over the place. DE 02 1st person.

I think they messed with the zombie spawns in this build, i have the impression that are few of them.

• Like 1