exwoll

Random chance to fall while running full speed in woods and field.

There could be a random chance of one falling when running full speed in rough terrain, specially when looking to sides.

there'll be a random chance to be eaten by wolves, soon enough.

• Like 2

I think you meant; "There exists a random chance of one falling (and possibly dying) when running full speed in rough terrain or over rocks, especially when looking to either side."

I know..because I've been there.

Rather than random, maybe hitting a tree while you are running at full speed should make you fall or destabilize the character.

What about tripping over those pesky roots that protrude from the bottom of trees? If you're full on sprinting, instead of just sprinting in place, you should faceplant.

11 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

there'll be a random chance to be eaten by wolves, soon enough.

in about 5-6 months there will be LOL XD 

brian hicks in a nutshell at gamescon 2016: we expect beta to become a thing in 6-8 months... (so spring 2017) 
wolves coming in 0.62-0.63 will prob. take another 3-4 months so... that'll take a while..

on-topic: a random chance of falling.. great idea.. but prone for bugs and glitches if you ask me.. another mechanic aspect that'll prob. break or be bugged to shreds

It sounds good in theory but I hated the stumbling/falling put in Smash Brothers Brawl and I would not want the fate of my character decided in such a fashion.

I do like the idea that there should be a penalty for moving while looking distinctly left or right.

Try running anywhere that isn't a flat open field looking over one shoulder and it feels precarious at best....

Meh...You get used to "picking em up and putting em down" when in rough terrain, in real life.

Maybe a movement speed modifier could be implemented governing whether you have a weapon or are unhealthy? (this is probably a given, eventually, though).

Randomizing a trip or fall due to running in rough terrain is not something I would be keen on seeing.

So long as there's a balance to the mechanic it could be an interesting addition. For example, it starts with a cue, a stagger that is obvious enough in 1pp/3pp. If players are quick enough to back off the pace (i.e. stop pushing 'w') then they recover, and can continue on, while if they power through the stagger, then they stumble and fall.

In addition, the chances of the stagger occurring should increase the faster the player is running. It should increase with the 'roughness' of terrain, and it should increase with increased carry weight.

I'd love to see some form of real life movement, like the fact that you can run full speed and do a 180 without actually falling over xD
They would have to rework the character animations all together, but i love the idea!
If they added a stamina-drain, after running 10km with 50kg of packing at full speed, you probably will fall over and die.
So being able to trip on terrain when say, at about 10% of stamina remaining, would be logical.

I like realism ingame but that's a bit irritating. For example you're roaming around with three friends and everybody is falling alternately in a row. Maybe just if you're low on blood, something like feeling dizzy and then this will raise the chance your falling on ground.