Humanadam

No loot in .60

Hi guys,so in the .60 patch the loot respawns when the server restart or what?Please fix it because i looted the 4 cities and i found nothing,......and i play dayz since .54 update so i am not a beginner,,

There is loot but its possible your playing in high traffic areas or major cities? Iv been finding all kinds of stuff but you might have to go to smaller towns or smaller server populations in general.

I actually like the loot in this patch, remember to check all clothing and you won't do hungry :) 

I have died twice from thirst, seems very random, sometimes i visit several small towns with no food/water at all.
At one point i couldn't even drink from the pond and ironically died in the pond from thirst. Kinda summs up DayZ.

Go up far north, and you won't have a problem.

Some of the old go to buildings are simply not spawning loots, i have had lots of luck with sheds, wrecked vehicles and deer stands. Even police stations were pretty hit and miss, found more weapons and ammo in vehicles.

Remember, items spawn in clothes sometimes now.

i know there is loot in the clothes..but i went up to nw airfield and i literally found nothing...i waited for the server restart and like i said,everything respawned so...its not like in the .59 patch,when u loot something and after 5-10 min it respawn..hope they make it back..

sorry for bad english 

On 18/6/2016 at 10:02 PM, Humanadam said:

i looted the 4 cities and i found nothing

I'd say that loot is way more scarce than it used to be, i won't say "no loot". 

Also, I hope it's working as intended, as a survival. Finding more food than you can ever eat, more ammo than you can ever shoot, more weapons that you can ever carry was not funny to me (still i keep finding crazy amounts of weapons in houses, on high pop servers).

Edited by brazorf
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2016 at 7:14 PM, Evilsausage said:

I have died twice from thirst, seems very random, sometimes i visit several small towns with no food/water at all.
At one point i couldn't even drink from the pond and ironically died in the pond from thirst. Kinda summs up DayZ.

Seriously? How did you die from thirst?

Literally every settlement on the map has a water spigot. 

Just like something like 99% of all the settlements on the map have apple trees. And berry bushes are everywhere.

The only way you should be dying from dehydration/starvation is if you are hilariously incompetent.

• Like 2

Yeah... anyone who says they've been in the game since .54 and claims to not be a beginner who still dies from thirst not once but twice- Wow. 

Offense intended: You're doing it so fucking wrong.

Too much pew pew and not enough do do makes for a pretty lame experience. 

• Like 4

Sorry but there is no problem with loot respawn on the servers I played since 0.60. Loot respawn has normally nothing to do with server restarts. It respawns in different amounts of time. The cycling of loot like it was possible in 0.59 doesn't work anymore. It seems to be more random. If you're going to starve next time, hunt a chicken. They are everywhere. Get some bark and sticks >> handdrill kit >> make fire with rags n sticks >> be happy and eat crispy chicken

On 21.6.2016 at 1:40 AM, Whyherro123 said:

Seriously? How did you die from thirst?

Literally every settlement on the map has a water spigot.

That's simply not true

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:39 AM, eno said:

Yeah... anyone who says they've been in the game since .54 and claims to not be a beginner who still dies from thirst not once but twice- Wow. 

Offense intended: You're doing it so fucking wrong.

Too much pew pew and not enough do do makes for a pretty lame experience. 

Two different posters I think... Agree with you about the pew-pew, do-do though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlinkingRiki182 said:

That's simply not true

I'll bite.

Which towns don't have a water spigot? Likely the newer small towns in the extreme north, but you are within 30 seconds of a larger town with a spigot, so they don't really count.

For me it's kinda wierd, if I go so deep inland in cities that noone visits, I find little to no loot at all.

1 hour ago, Whyherro123 said:

I'll bite.

Which towns don't have a water spigot? Likely the newer small towns in the extreme north, but you are within 30 seconds of a larger town with a spigot, so they don't really count.

Tisy and the military compound to its West, Topolniki, Krasnoye, Ratnoye, Polesovo, Zaprudnoe, Novaya Petrovka, Chernaya Polana, Dobroye, Berezhki, Vavilovo, Sosnovka, Drozhino, Progorodki, Pusta, Msta, Shakhovka, Orlovets, Karmanovka, and Dubrovka. Pretty sure that's all of them.

Your point still stands, however. Many of these cities are within a five-minute run of a well (not thirty seconds, but close enough), and upwards of 95% of the map has some manner of water nearby, even if it means drinking from the dirty ass-puddle with a handful of dead bodies rotting in it near the school building in Novaya Petrovka, but let's not forget that unless you have the healthy status already, you risk cholera at any non-well location, so hitting bright green for a post-fight cure job isn't always as easy as it used to be. Cholera can still be man-moded through with a bit of food and a steady source of water, and a good puke and some charcoal can largely eliminate it, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

OP should definitely fire his travel planner - you've got to move from water to water when running across Cherno.

2 minutes ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

Tisy and the military compound to its West, Topolniki, Krasnoye, Ratnoye, Polesovo, Zaprudnoe, Novaya Petrovka, Chernaya Polana, Dobroye, Berezhki, Vavilovo, Sosnovka, Drozhino, Progorodki, Pusta, Msta, Shakhovka, Orlovets, Karmanovka, and Dubrovka. Pretty sure that's all of them.

Your point still stands, however. Many of these cities are within a five-minute run of a well (not thirty seconds, but close enough), and upwards of 95% of the map has some manner of water nearby, even if it means drinking from the dirty ass-puddle with a handful of dead bodies rotting in it near the school building in Novaya Petrovka, but let's not forget that unless you have the healthy status already, you risk cholera at any non-well location, so hitting bright green for a post-fight cure job isn't always as easy as it used to be. Cholera can still be man-moded through with a bit of food and a steady source of water, and a good puke and some charcoal can largely eliminate it, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

OP should definitely fire his travel planner - you've got to move from water to water when running across Cherno.

Toploniki and Novaya Petrovka have 2 wells about 5 minutes west in Sinistok, and another about 5 minutes (if that) south, just east of the NWAF

Krasnoe has 3 wells about 3 minutes to the west in Stary Yar, or a hop-skip-and-a-jump south in Kamensk

Ratnoe is located alongside the major river of the game

Polesovo has a well in that nameless village about 3 minutes east.

Is Zaprudnoe even a town? It has, like, 2 actual houses. Regardless, the wells for Toploniki and NP apply.

Cheranya Polana has numerous wells in Novo, as well as a well about 30 seconds to the south of town.

Karmanovka and Dubroe have the wells in Novo, as well as two wells directly to the east in some nameless village

Priorgordki is, 2 minutes outside of Cherno, man. Even still, there is a well about 2 minutes away, eastward down the coast.

Dubrovka has a well just north of town, in a little settlement.

All the rest of the little towns up north are easily within about 5 minutes of the other towns I mentioned.

So, yes, you got me. I concede the point. However, you are never more than 5 minutes away from a safe water source on the entire map. The only way you should ever have to drink pond/stream water is if you are so hilariously incompetent that you can't find a road and follow it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whyherro123 said:

you are never more than 5 minutes away from a safe water source on the entire map. The only way you should ever have to drink pond/stream water is if you are so hilariously incompetent that you can't find a road and follow it.

I'm putting a fresh tray of fries in the oven and could use your help with the seasoning. =p But yeah, literally. Water nearly everywhere. Just, not necessarily a well. I know, it sounds nit-picky, but with the cholera mechanics it's actually a somewhat important distinction.

Edited by Funkmaster Rick
  • Like 1

Just now, Funkmaster Rick said:

I'm putting a fresh tray of fries in the oven and could use your help with the seasoning. =p But yeah, literally. Water nearly everywhere. Just, not necessarily a well. I know, it sounds nit-picky, but with the cholera mechanics it's actually a somewhat important distinction.

You only get Cholera if you are already fucked up. Apples give both food and "safe" water. I am willing to bet money there is at least one apple tree, with infinite apples, in every settlement, even those without names.

Ergo, you have no reason to be getting Cholera, unless you are so incompetent that you can't/won't pick apples for 5 minutes.

Of course, I disagree with almost all of the above:

1) Something along the lines of 95-99% of the water spigots all over the map should be removed, or made inoperable. Day Z will never be a "survival game" if water is so criminally easy to get.

2) Cholera, or some other water-borne illness, should be literally a given if you drink untreated water.  Making potable water for a single person is pretty simple: boil it, chemically treat it, or run it through a filter, which in turn are easy to make ( take a plastic bottle, cut the top off and jam it inside itself, and layer in some clean powdered charcoal and sand. FIll up the bottle and let the water run through it.)

9 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

I am willing to bet money there is at least one apple tree, with infinite apples, in every settlement, even those without names.

Listen, you might make a good point in general but those exaggerated statements do not help your cause. Sure, apple trees and water wells are quite common but they are not available in every settlement. Nit-picky or not, I'm pointing out the inaccuracy in your statements. I could imagine someone new to the game coming here, reading your fallacies and spending 15 minutes trying to figure out where the water well is in a settlement that doesn't have any.

First time logged in in many months, and right away I found food in clothing, ammo, and guns even a .22 with a .50 mag.

All was good on fresh spawn.

You're a loot.

I've found that zucchini makes a great water bottle... not great for energy, however.

Speaking of zucchini- anyone seen bananas?