Konfucious K

O.60 Servers are up?

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Haha -snip-

- nothing happened.

Whoa there, pilgrim.

This is ignoring the balancing in Beta that should effect most of these borked tables plus a bevy of other core features that will be game changers.

I hope this game gets brutally difficult again and the learning curve shoots through the roof.

Then I can capture all the tears in buckets to dry them out and refill my salt stash!

The circle of life!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Oh come on now, @pilgrim* you've been ranting all over these forums for the past week about how death means nothing anymore, and that you don't like it.  I must ask you:  Did you play the mod?  I never did,  ..//..
If you want fear ..//..  try  dozens of hours setting up a series of camps on a server and keeping a large motor pool operational.

Sorry EmuThreat, I read this far and then I was laughing so much that I stopped. I'll give this one a miss.

You do remember that we play on the same server, you and I ?

: )

173.199.94.27:2302   <<  = THE HELPY HELPERS: FOR MERCY OR MAYHEM  >>
Play on an honest public hive server.   Enjoy

Edited by pilgrim*

8 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Sorry EmuThreat, I read this far and then I was laughing so much that I stopped. I'll give this one a miss.

You do remember that we play on the same server, you and I ?

: )

173.199.94.27:2302   <<  = THE HELPY HELPERS: FOR MERCY OR MAYHEM  >>
Play on an honest public hive server.   Enjoy

Yeah; haven't seen you around in a while, in fact I've never seen you at all.  I hope that you don't mean to say that since I never played the mod, my input is invalid...

Persistence is a major part of the game and I don't think that is going to change.  If you want fear, or a sense of loss, try dumping dozens of hours into setting up a series of camps on a server and keeping a large motor pool operational.  You will notice the loss.  You will fear for your camps.  You will mourn the missing vehicle.

.60 experimental, for me, means trying to break persistence before it goes stable, so that I can fear losing my progress to other players, not camp-eating bugs.

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Whoa there, pilgrim.

This is ignoring the balancing in Beta that should effect most of these borked tables plus a bevy of other core features that will be game changers.

I hope this game gets brutally difficult again and the learning curve shoots through the roof.

Then I can capture all the tears in buckets to dry them out and refill my salt stash!

The circle of life!

I am not arguing against persistence - at all.

I have noticed - only from personal experience - that the (very different) people I meet and play with, often mention that they have 2 or 3 FALS, a number of AKs, etc etc..
As you say - some DayZ fans might think this is a problem - and as you hope, a different distribution of loot spawn might solve it.  Also it seems a lot of players enjoy having plenty of loot stashed. So I'm not telling anyone how to play.

The same players who (they say this themselves) have stockpiled a "lot" of loot, "several tents scattered around", a number of various military weapons, 5 or 6 barrels, "plenty of ammo" etc etc.. - those players are quite often NOT on DayZ servers when I log in to Steam now, they are playing other games.. A while ago they were almost always playing DayZ.

It may really be true that players are tremendously excited about the next patch, and that this great excitement is what makes them feel so "bored" about the current patch, so that they don't want to play at the moment.
For myself - I find it hard to imagine that those players who are "pissed off" with DayZ now, are actually only pissed off because they are so looking forward to the next patch that they just can't stand playing the game until it arrives.

So I wondered if perhaps there was another reason?
The last time i was on my normal server I was wandering around with a FAL that I found by chance, offering it to other players - they ALL said "no thank you they had enough already". This started me thinking the situation was mildly humorous.

If I am wrong and there is NOT "too much"  loot stashed around the severs at the moment - OK, then I'm wrong. It's probably true I'm a dumbass for saying there is too much loot stashed around - and it goes on being stashed and goes on spawning - and how much loot can you collect - seriously -  before you stop picking it up? 

If this sounds stupid - then OK, it was a dumb idea. Forget  mentioned it.

I play out of a backpack, I don't have a tent, ( I had three in the Mod, wow ! ) - Myself, I don't WANT all that stuff. Why would I WANT 2 or 3 AKs ?
When O.60 takes it ALL away, I think MANY players will come back to start playing again, to check it out, and many of those will start collecting again (because that is part of the game, right? - so that's cool, no problem). 
And that will go on for a couple of weeks - Then when the tents are full, we'll be able to tell if people continue playing and if they are still excited with the new version.

I hope they are still really happy about 0.60 after two/three weeks or so.

Edited by pilgrim*
this is my opinion, I am not an authority on anything
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Oh come on now, @pilgrim* you've been ranting all over these forums for the past week about how death means nothing anymore, and that you don't like it.  I must ask you:  Did you play the mod?  I never did, but I think that finding tents was something that people looked back upon with fondness.  I was aware of the game for some time, but I was waiting for persistence to be included.  Persistence; you know, that game-changing design decision that allowed players to build a life on a server by accumulating and storing the things that complement their playstyle?   Remember now, that nothing is "safe" as long as it is stored on the server.  So that fear is still there; that fear of loss, that makes the value of one life seem insignificant.  What do you care if I found dozens of FALs while looking for a pristine green cowboy hat, and didn't have the heart to let them despawn?  What do you care if I have a tent full of charcoal, antibiotics, morphine and epipens; another full of cooking pots and tripods; and another tent where I keep my dozens of pelts--so I can look at them at the end of the day, and tell myself that my time was not wasted, that I am an important man, I can feed the poor, and I'm gonna make Chernarus great again?

That fear that you speak of?  Well, if you have been playing the game, you would know that players of the habits that you so frequently denigrate are now beyond fear, beyond the sorrows of loss; for the Great Hicks has shown us the way to salvation!!  He heralded the arrival of 8-day, interaction-dependent, persistent storage CLEanup.  It is currently broken as shit.  Tents set down two days ago, and dutifully stuffed full of gear, have been despawning.  Persistence is in chaos, so I guess you got your wish.  Are you sure DayZ is the right game for you?  Persistence is a design decision.  You seem to be whole-heartedly against it.  I look forward to the empires that can be built, and the feeling of loss when it all burns down.

What U want out of this game?  I can assure you, persistence-based play facilitates many player interactions that would not otherwise be possible.

Hidden Content

SEE? Just wait until we figure out how to use radio stations.... 

Edit: When a player gets killed and "nothing happens," that is because the killer who killed them has no patience, or foresight.  If instead of just killing the player, they had tracked the person back to their camp, and then kill them,   something more impactful might have happened.  So let the coastal PVP, KOS scrubletts keep giving each other's worthless cadavers ever-more-meaningless bullet massages.  We skilled players will bide our time, try to make contact, maybe sacrificing one of our many meaningless lives in the process of determining the temperament of the stranger; and then go rob the sonsofbitches for all they're worth if they turn out to be shitheads.

Even if you are playing on a hi-pop, PVP server where everybody is a dimensional traveler from their own personal armory server, you can still do a bit of research (reads:  cyberstalking) and take a stab at paying them a visit on their home turf.  The true King of DayZ will be a master of all these parallel dimensions.

How do I go about placing an order on a 4x4? :D Epic vid, well done!

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

The last time i was on my normal server I was wandering around with a FAL that I found by chance, offering it to other players - they ALL said "no thank you they had enough already". This started me thinking the situation was mildly humorous.

.59 is up for 4 months now. Players had more than enough time to stock pile every rare weapon there is. Even if you find one FAL every 3 weeks, you could have 5-6 of them by now. And there is more than plenty empty servers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

.59 is up for 4 months now. Players had more than enough time to stock pile every rare weapon there is. Even if you find one FAL every 3 weeks, you could have 5-6 of them by now. And there is more than plenty empty servers.

Yep, exactly - the whole idea of "rare" items that people talked and argued about for more than a year is ATM totally out the window.
What is the "Loot Economy"? = The longer you play the more you pick up, the more you stash, the more they spawn, and the more you stash, the less time it takes you to gear up..
So we have had over 3+ months of totally geared up players (all the time, geared as much as they want to be) with nothing to do except collect more gear, PvP, and if they kill each other (even a lot) they log back to a stash and they're 100% geared up again in - realistically? - in 6 or 8 minutes after they die.

So the only "loot-limit" is when the servers are reset for a new version. No other reason.
Then everyone starts at zero again. But that's the only time it happens.

I suggested (back a while) that the loot hidden inside stashes should be counted together with loot on the ground to calculate one total.. So if there are 200 of weapon X on the server, and 70 of them are already in tents, then only 130 can spawn - but I guess no one liked this idea. Folk imagine that all the total 'minimum of 20000 spawn items' will all be hidden in tents after a week or two and so nothing will spawn anymore.   Then you'd have to go look for the hidden 1000 tents with a whole gazillion things stashed in them.

So at the moment the limit on ALL loot spawned is set by NOTHING AT ALL. How much loot is really on the server depends how many tents you can put up on one server without it crashing.
-  and Nothing is Rare.; there's just no such thing.  <sob>  See the tear in my eye? .

[Lots of players say this is a great system right now and they like it,  so PLEASE don't anyone think I'm complaining - I AINT complaining OK?  Dont flame me for just mentioning it  ..sorry..]
I know some other folk like hunting and fishing or playing on the beach - not everybody has 6 tents and 7 barrels, just very many players do.  But, hey,  a tent is a normal loot item until it is set up, then it is Special - so the Devs can tell you from the public hive direct, exactly how many tents there are set up on each server.

Edited by pilgrim*

I haven't played a lot recently, but im hoping that will change in this patch.

I need the framerate to at least consistently stay over 30 in all areas on a high end machine. I just... I just cant take the 8 frames a second struggle... So keen they mentioned increased performance in this build.

I need zombies to spawn everywhere, and be a constant threat (deal serious damage, cause infection, break legs). In another recent thread someone pointed out that zombies only move within ~400m of a player. To me, thats practically no different than the mod, both games allow you to scout for zombies/ zombie behavior to determine if players are near by. Only in standalone, you have drastically less zombies/ zombie spawns.

Survival to get harder & spreading players around the map, so that  there is no 'one' area that's better for killing freshies.

I just find it hard to play when I dont need to kill zombies/ use crafting knowledge at all/ sneak around,kill or greet players around the full map. Just stockpile guns and PvP in cherno seems to be the go atm..

• Like 1

On 4/21/2016 at 11:47 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I want to believe that the instant the build is ready for the public they will release it and not wait for an event.

This is promising though.... it looks like any day now, any - day - now.

Just got back online after tons of business crap, and i saw this thread.

I guess, the amount of servers listed, is for the public to 50/50 test because they need the public this time. Best guess Bio.

Well, if so great.... i wanted to bash hicks just now, but i said naw we need positive not negative reviews and testing.

• Like 1

.60!!!!!!! I just                                                             ripped my

keyboard in                                                      half!!!

37 minutes ago, Excanto said:

.60!!!!!!! I just                                                             ripped my

keyboard in                                                      half!!!

As long as you don't shit your pants i think you will be ok...... XD

• Like 1