Diemux

Sickness

So somehow after eating two cans of food (they were sealed) I got sick. Screen has turned to complete white/black and sick status is dark red. 

Made my way to a few hospitals but no charcoaltabs or antibiotic. I did puke once (automatic).

Will the sickness vanish itself or do I need to do anything? 

Did search on Google but all info about sickness is 2 - 3+ years old.

If you need medical assistance and are on public hive, please contact me with your approximate location, and I can bring charcoal and antibiotics.  Are you sure that you got sick from canned food?  Did you drink dirty water?  People tell you that drinking pond water is fine, but it is not.  No exposure-based resistance to infection, just a RNG based on your health status. I forgot to quote this. @Diemux

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

No dirty water, only purified water from a bottle. Currently not online and this character ain't super special but I'm interested in the cause and cure.

You can push through it if you have a friend to give you a few salines and drinking A LOT of water. Its not worth it though so the best you can do is stash your gear, die and respawn. Then run to your gear only to find its been stolen. Thats what I did.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Killawife said:

You can push through it if you have a friend to give you a few salines and drinking A LOT of water. Its not worth it though so the best you can do is stash your gear, die and respawn. Then run to your gear only to find its been stolen. Thats what I did.

I'll bite; was it stolen from a barrel or tent?

6 hours ago, Killawife said:

And people wonder why I don't call this a survival game. YGlYpEc.png?1

• Like 3

Did you loot a canteen, water bottle or what ever and drank it without emptying it or purifying it? There might've been alcohol or cholera if that's even possible.

If you're already low on blood and it's cholera and nobody is going to help out your character, your best bet is suicide. My character died of cholera and I was already low on blood and health.

It's actually the first time DayZ was hard to me and I liked it!

He should struggle until he dies! Like a real survivor! :)

• Like 1

Well I kept on living for quite a few hours, finally found some antibiotic but that didn't do much. Sick status was now a dark orange with some times the message "I'm feeling run-down" or something similar. After a long run in to town I got the message "I'm feeling tired". All the time I was hydrated and well fed. Screen color stayed completetly black and white with no change. 

Unfortunately I ran in someones barrel while looting a city building and was killed on sight (pfff). 

17 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'll bite; was it stolen from a barrel or tent?

hehe, no, actually I put it on a rooftop where I figure nobody would go. I then went running, trying to find someone to give me saline but ofcourse the people I found Ki...Ragsed me immediately

15 hours ago, Rags! said:

And people wonder why I don't call this a survival game. YGlYpEc.png?1

Well the mechanic is there for it to actually be survived through but being a lone wolf its impossible to survive it as you cant saline yourself. I hope they will make it so you can use antibiothics instead of saline and survive it. But when you play maybe four hours in a session it quickly becomes boring running between taps knowing that you're going to die anyways since everybody is playing it Rags-style instead of trying to help someone who is sick. I try, every time. Even when someone I am helping kills me I will still help the next person I meet. Why? Because I'm not a complete A-hole.

See, I really hate how vague the "sicknesses" are in Day Z.

In real life, tetracycline antibiotics are known to be particularly shitty against most bacterial infections, due to bacterium antibiotic resistance. Orally-taken antibiotics, especially those available from the corner drugstore,tend to be weaker, and thus, less effective, against "big boy" disease

Another thing: inreal life, it is eminently possible to survive infections without antibiotics. Sure, antibiotics make it faster and easier to fight off infections, but all antibiotics do is make it more likely you can fight off the disease, it doesn't make it guaranteed. For example, with cholera, doctors will only proscribe antibiotics in the most serious of cases. Most of the time, you can treat cholera just by drinking lots of clean water, especially water mixed with salt and sugar, or other electrolyte solutions. You are also supposed to continue to eat, even if you have diarrhea.

This game sometimes

-sigh-

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

Charcoal seems to be pretty effective atm. Just got sick by eating a raw cow meat in a depressed fit of anger after a PvP encounter gone terrible. My messages went from "I feel nauseous." to nothing after 1 Charcoal tablet. 

On 4/4/2016 at 0:33 PM, Diemux said:

Well I kept on living for quite a few hours, finally found some antibiotic but that didn't do much. Sick status was now a dark orange with some times the message "I'm feeling run-down" or something similar. After a long run in to town I got the message "I'm feeling tired". All the time I was hydrated and well fed. Screen color stayed completetly black and white with no change. 

Unfortunately I ran in someones barrel while looting a city building and was killed on sight (pfff). 

May have did you a favor. Sounds like it was a version of Cholera. Which is a brutal trying to survive.