S3V3N

Beta in Q2?

@Thurman Merman
It is well known that the infected in their current state are just a placeholder and plans are to make them spawn in much greater numbers (likely dynamically) and it is safe to assume that their variations and damage models will recieve a lot of attention by then, too. So you saying that is just screaming "I never read devblogs! I never read dev tweets! I never inform myself about the development of the game!".

@Deathlove

Yeah, why not add the whole Left4Dead palette while we're at it? Heck, why not add Hulk. Hulk can smash cars. Avoid Hulk. Needs RPG to be stopped.

Edited by Buakaw

1 hour ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

Curves, as in a graphical representation. Regardless it's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Anyways, yes I understand they clean hackers in waves. That's swell. Dosent change that a game with such huge and widespread hacker issues, especially surrounding it's core content, is stuck in Alpha until they get those security issues fixed. Regardless what stage of development they call it.

Ok, I thought maybe you had used curves in the way you say you did there, though it seemed like a butchering of the expression to "curb" something, to slow it down or stop it. My misunderstanding, and not the central point.

I do not think hacking keeps the game "stuck at alpha".

Here in Alpha, you, me, everyone else, and your characters, are all sacrificial lambs to the process which includes dying to hackers so data can be mined, reports filed, hackers banned.

Then one day, during 1.0, some guy will buy the game and say, "wow, so few hackers!", because we had the dedication to stick through the worst of Alpha and beyond.

There were at least 3 security patches since the last content patch and I imagine more bannings and fixes with .60.

As has been the case since the beginning.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, S3V3N said:

What I really don't get is that the devs announced the Beta for Q2/2016. Maybe someone should tell them that's next month. And then two more months, if they want to squeeze it in at the very end of Q2. They were pretty adamant about being on schedule with maybe a few weeks +/-. 

Obvious solutions is to cut down on content. I don't think this game will be a real survival game ever. Someone is cultivating his weapon fetish and thus the topics are gun sounds, weapon sway, ammo spawns, more guns, more efficient reloading, shooting from vehicles, helicopters and so on ....

The major problem that I see is that the game still lacks a real survival content. The only aspect I still expect is an increase in the number of zombies. I have given up on real different char skills, on medical stuff and more, which could give a new impulse to the game. But I have come to take it for what it is. A shooter on a map, which has grown too big.

• Like 3

basically I posted a redundasnt post - since I cannot delete it, I just fill the space with these beautiful words of mine.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

@Deathlove

Yeah, why not add the whole Left4Dead palette while we're at it? Heck, why not add Hulk. Hulk can smash cars. Avoid Hulk. Needs RPG to be stopped.

Better than the stale shit we currently have to work with.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Ok, I thought maybe you had used curves in the way you say you did there, though it seemed like a butchering of the expression to "curb" something, to slow it down or stop it. My misunderstanding, and not the central point.

I do not think hacking keeps the game "stuck at alpha".

Here in Alpha, you, me, everyone else, and your characters, are all sacrificial lambs to the process which includes dying to hackers so data can be mined, reports filed, hackers banned.

Then one day, during 1.0, some guy will buy the game and say, "wow, so few hackers!", because we had the dedication to stick through the worst of Alpha and beyond.

There were at least 3 security patches since the last content patch and I imagine more bannings and fixes with .60.

As has been the case since the beginning.

Hacking which circumnavigates the two core content components of the game. Survival (Teleporting, Duplicating, Invisibility) and FPS (Wall walking, Teleporting, Invisibility and player location) most definitely prevent a game from going into Beta. You can call it Beta, but until the security is improved there is no real integrity in the game to balance.

Not sure what the rest of that post had to do with the conversation. Of course Alpha is the place to identify hacks and fix them, that was the entire point of my original post. And of course they are working on fixes and they've done a great job limiting and consolidating the hacks down to it's current state. All of which is irrelevant to the core point.

1 hour ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

Hacking which circumnavigates the two core content components of the game. Survival (Teleporting, Duplicating, Invisibility) and FPS (Wall walking, Teleporting, Invisibility and player location) most definitely prevent a game from going into Beta. You can call it Beta, but until the security is improved there is no real integrity in the game to balance.

Not sure what the rest of that post had to do with the conversation. Of course Alpha is the place to identify hacks and fix them, that was the entire point of my original post. And of course they are working on fixes and they've done a great job limiting and consolidating the hacks down to it's current state. All of which is irrelevant to the core point.

My point is that I disagree that hacking has held up development much at all.

I could point out a couple fairly recent examples where it might have hindered testing or bug tracking but overall hacks have not hindered the forward motion of the project.

Those core features will be part of the changes coming with the new modules.

You have been playing with quasi-mod version placeholder everything on an updated non-optimized Chernarus +.

Prove me wrong but hacking has done very little to hinder the in-house production of the new modules which will bring, stamina, infected, weight, balanced loot and consumption factors.

^Those things which will make DayZ more of a survival game.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:
1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I could point out a couple fairly recent examples where it might have hindered testing or bug tracking but overall hacks have not hindered the forward motion of the project.

You have been playing with quasi-mod version placeholder everything on an updated non-optimized Chernarus +.

Prove me wrong but hacking has done very little to hinder the in-house production of the new modules which will bring, stamina, infected, weight, balanced loot and consumption factors.

Well, that's a bold statement. Hacking and exploiting most definitely holds up and delays development. It may not necessarily delay certain content creation, but creating content on the foundation of systems with major security issues is a great way to delay development and cause programmers to have to backtrack and amend. That taking time and resources from the development team, that could be used elsewhere. The more content they create on exploited platforms, the more backtracking will have to be done.

Major security considerations is Alpha content. We're not talking about the Apple, Berry, or Drinking glitches. Those can be mended in beta. We're not talking about loot explosions, which still happen from time to time. However when a 13 year old kid can duplicate items in your economy, it normally becomes a priority concern to fix. Otherwise you're building content on the hopes it will be compatible or protectable later on. Which is backwards.

Going to use Star Citizen as an example, because they've done a good job with their Alpha Game's PR process. If I boot up Star Citizen, I'm sure as hell going run into bugs. It will most definitely not be optimized. These are Alpha considerations. You know what I wont find? Hacking. Because building content, much less balancing content off of faulty systems, is bad business. It unnecessarily delays development, gives you bad player statistics when balancing becomes a concern, and creates a testing community of lackluster value.

I stand by what I said. Moving to Beta with the current security concerns, would be cosmetic at best. Leave it in Alpha, I wish them the best with their amazing game, and hope they have a very transparent and well built plan for how to deal with these issues, while they pump out otherwise irrelevant content.

Edit: Watched a hacker today EMP hack Cherno because he got shot. Disconnected everyone in the server in a radius around himself. You can put as many weapons as you'd like into the game. Balance them as well as you can. It's all cosmetic until that gets fixed.

Edited by [DGN] Johnny
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, S3V3N said:

That is not the point at all. The point here is that the devs made an announcement, which I expect them to keep this one time.  

They did?  Link?

Delaying beta, or anything of value, for 3 or more months is something unheard of?   Most AAA games get delayed much longer than that, just saying.

Ya know what, I'd just like someone here to link me to any public experience of an engine being built in an Early Access phase.   I could build on that even further and ask for any EA game with the focus of the development being the engine while maintaining a playable game experience of any type with anything remotely similar to the scope of this game.   I get it, lolz, sausage is a fanboy, blah blah, but go ahead,and show me a legit comparison that I can study.  Please, I feel like a fool when so many people point to a handful of knock-off games built on publicly available engines, in an attempt to capture the mod's (or more aptly the mods of the mod's) experience, in an absolute failure to understand what BI is doing.   It's not as if BI is openly discussing what they're planning or what the end goal is.  Oh, wait... Yes, they do.   So please, someone, give me an example.  I REALLY need it. 

inb4 dumb replies that I'll ignore because of UE4 or Unity that doesn't actually answer anything I just asked.

Edited by sausagekingofchicago
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Buakaw said:

@Thurman Merman
It is well known that the infected in their current state are just a placeholder and plans are to make them spawn in much greater numbers (likely dynamically) and it is safe to assume that their variations and damage models will recieve a lot of attention by then, too. So you saying that is just screaming "I never read devblogs! I never read dev tweets! I never inform myself about the development of the game!".

@Deathlove

Thanks for your insightful comments Buakaw, but by that reason no one can ever voice displeasure with the current status of the build.  So your point is just noise. And if you read what I said, clearly a tall order, I just expressed a wish.  Jesus, I hate the internet smart guys who think they're about 3x as smart as they think smart is.  

I don't get what you are talking about. For a while the devs stated they would bring some more survivalish stuff, then many complaint that they want new weapons, and now are the devs mostly highlighting weapon related stuff & everything everyone want to hear about.

What currently is vehicles, economy, weapons and mostly the new renderer.

The game won't make it in Q2 into beta. It's not a problem at all. I dont want a rushed game or some stupid dlcs.

The only thing I am hoping for is a pretty soon release for the server files, and every week a small tweet or post with something similar like this: " 0.60 is almost finished. Currently working on: Bringing back the beans. " It feels like there is little to no communication although there is communication. 

I used to play Battlefield Play4Free a while ago, that game was in open beta for 4 years till it was closed. There was no communication at all.

And if the game is in a state where the mod support was officially implemented everything the community wants will be modded. 

Gib them devs the beans they deserve for all the time spent on making this game and will be spent on finishing it.

6 hours ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

They did?  Link?

Delaying beta, or anything of value, for 3 or more months is something unheard of?   Most AAA games get delayed much longer than that, just saying.

Ya know what, I'd just like someone here to link me to any public experience of an engine being built in an Early Access phase.

Link: In the Dayz-universe it is impossible to find anything, because there is no structure. I don't know where I read it last year, but in one of their papers they announce Beta for Q2. You can also find Hicks saying that in some interview, as far as I know. They are rock solid about their release in Q2 with maybe 1-2 weeks+/-

All I ask is they deliver on that promise. Not only as a proof to us, but also to themselves that they can actually make a release happen; but it's already too late now... 

Delaying Beta is not my biggest gripe, but more the way that things are piling up in Dayz's development and nothing happens to make them work. Since they are always behind schedule, many features do not get explored and integrated quick enough. I've been waiting for non-lethal weaponry forever-ever. And when things like the renderer can't get integrated within a year from when they first announced it, I have high doubt these other details will even make it in at all.

We still seem to walk the same ground. My gaming experience is pretty much still the same as a year ago. Yes, I can run around in cars now, but I still get lag on 50-people server, still glitches, still hav no medical system or actual survival, etc. There is no plan for a better gaming experience. It's just features slapped onto features, but I don't see them coming together as a game yet; this is what should happen after 0.60 though: the pvp-simulator should start turning into a survival game. 

Public Experience on Early Access? 7 Days to Die, The Island, Life is Feudal.

Those are either custom made-engines or they build on existing engines with added functionality and changed code. ("The Island" is actually Blender Game Engine ~ free software). Just some examples of tiny teams doing well. I get it though, Dayz is special. My suggestion - if you can't handle your own engine, devs, stop making suggestions about release dates entirely. It's utterly pointless the way updates and news are handled now. Make meaningful updates, instead of mere headlines!

2 hours ago, .freaK said:

The game won't make it in Q2 into beta. It's not a problem at all. I dont want a rushed game or some stupid dlcs.

The only thing I am hoping for is a pretty soon release for the server files, and every week a small tweet or post with something similar like this: " 0.60 is almost finished. Currently working on: Bringing back the beans. " It feels like there is little to no communication although there is communication. 

Releasing the server files will probably only happen with the release of mod-tools and/or singleplayer. And I don't see them being a priority right now. (I do seem to recall that Modding too was announced to be introduced for somewhen around March) Mod Tools are one of many things that are still on the "2-do" list. The work doesn't get less with Dayz, quite the contrary. It gets more refined! And now is the point in time to really start refining things, because people who played the mod and bought into the Standalone are still waiting for Dayz to become the game it set out to be. After 0.60 the game will hopefully change for good. It will no longer be easy to survive. In the mod, only th first few minutes (unarmed among zombies) were really difficult. I want Dayz SA to keep up the difficulty - make it more difficult, even frustrating.

This update should be out now, because it is important and should have been out last year. From there on things can really develop into new directions and the standalone will rise or fall. Right now it simply isn't meat or fish. It has no backbone, no character to its own. It's just an empty, unfinished game and the 0.60 release has the potential to start changing all that. Which is why I am anxious as well as excited about it. Delaying it time over time doesn't increase my confidence that these major, necessary changes are going to happen in Dayz SA. There should be no delays now, not because the devs need our support and understanding, but because it is crucial that we see these changes happen. Many, like myself, have played thousands of hours in the mods and waited for a year or more for Dayz SA to start showing that it will surpass the mods in all regards. For that to happen, I have to believe that things are working as planned. There should be a fixed schedule of bi-weekly releases after 0.60 again. Not only because the players need stability, but because the team seems to need it, too. I don't believe the stability of the renderer is the biggest problem now, but rather the lack of motivation in the team. They don't seem to act like a team anymore, things piling up on the one side, while other things don't even get adressed.

Sorry for the novel. I'm hoping for the best, but as you can see, I have my doubts about how and when things will come to pass. I think often it is better to release and face the problems head-on than to muck around with a build, looking for perfection. Right now the game needs progress and if that means more updates and even more work for the devs, it has to be this way. It's just important that these updates happen at all and near to when we expect them to. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Razgries said:

Well it aint my fault they took them out. And I never said I had "no idea" that was you... I have an idea, I could imagine a nice spread of Infected all over instead of just in towns... I've played Breaking Point, and I saw when they had too many Infected and they swarmed, I've played some indie titles on Steam and still pick up State of Decay from time to time. Why so condescending with your reply m8? And in regards to that big ol post you made of "Why my game should be done now"...

The Elder Scrolls series- 4 years

Fallout series- 4 years

Guild Wars 2- 6 years

GTA V- 4 years

Deus-Ex- 11 years

Diablo 3- 7+ years

I could keep looking up more of these fat numbers and adding to the list but I'll stop there... And trust me there are more, even some really bad games that took much longer then this would IF your estimated development time was accurate. like Duke Nukem...

Pretty much that way with everything, some games have taken even longer then most like Diablo 3 which should have been a no-brainer to produce, but still took 11 years because...reasons... Most of the games that took 4 years had over 100+ people working on them. We are just now heading into the 4 year mark with huge changes just ahead, literally getting videos where Hicks is saying "This is going to change everything there will be perf gains" and you're like "This is taking to long my information says you have made enough money should be done by now"? Early Access is a new thing and while it has a lot of potential for "extra" play testers it also has to deal with a ton of negatives that to be honest I don't think is worth it. Like clueless ninnies giving them bad reviews on Steam, and impatient folks going all J.G Wentworth every time something gets shown but they don't get it like next week...

ALLRIGHT! but they dont run stupid EARLY ACCESS for game! and not sell 3 mln EARLY ACCESS! and etc! But Sorry Diablo 3 was making 3 years from official confirmation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. GTA V? 4 years? you forget big DLC for GTA IV which take some times as well but GTA V is 3 times bigger game this time Rockstar also make Max Payne 3 and game on Consoles. Sorry but fact is that they do nothing in game! this map is from ARMA II. SAY ME? where will be now DayZ if they dont use map from ARMA II? NOWHERE! because if they have ready map and spend over 2 years 3 months and to this time nothing important making they will be need 10 years to make the map... Game is not playable why?  I say you This game is announced as Survival Game and what we have? 95% People on each server have weapon. And is to find very fast. And what you see?? and hear only shots that all. I remember announced DayZ I said that weapons would be a rarity hard to find without a trip to the map. After the departure of Dean Hall from Bohemia. game concept evolved into more of an action game. Where the main task is only shooting. The game is almost 2.5 years of production and, according to many, not only us but the fans and networking sites for gaming It is said that the production of DayZ is not going as it should. I agree with what they write that the game departs from survival to shoot at everything that moves where zombies do not pose any threat. Some people are terribly blinded and gazing at the DayZ. But the truth is that this game needs at least 3-4 years to be playable not less. People are storm because Bohemia bete announced at the end of 2015 year and the premiere in mid-2016 year. Many bought Early Access for example, at the beginning of 2016 years only because they hoped that next year will play in the full version of the game where we have half of March 2016, and there is not even a Beta which is far away. Every day I hear from the defense DayZ same. And the truth is that if not prepared map today it was not possible to talk even about running game. You'll see that the game will be more than an action game  then Survival. A game weapon men who like mindless shooting. There are many similar games of this type where I collect the equipment and then shoot at everything that moves, after all this is no Survival. It is a pity that the creators have gone from the fact that a firearm is rare, and to get it you have to travel around the map ..

Welcome to the world of the "waiting patiently, seemingly forever".

I'm not salty, I've spent 20 quid, it was Christmas what 3 years ago? or was it only 2? I forget.. way I see it, they have done well, got hundreds of thousands of people to pay for a game that's not near finished, mission accomplished for them. Now they get to relax without worry that the game will flop, since they already got paid lol.. when you think about it it's a perfect way to ensure no matter what, you get paid.

The only people taking a risk on pre-alpha titles is the customer and after taking the plunge they are then completely at the mercy of a person(s) vision, hoping that what that vision (the vision that got that person to spend cash) was.. comes to fruition.

If this game has learned me anything, it's 'not' to ever again fall for an alpha pre-release game title. I can actually thank them for that :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

Well, that's a bold statement. Hacking and exploiting most definitely holds up and delays development. -snip-

No, it doesn't, not the way you say it does.

You're just plain wrong here, man.

I've been here since the beginning, I've seen the path this games development has taken, and I'm telling you you 100% wrong and that there are only a few mostly recent instances where hacking has impacted the games development.

The fact that someone just hacked and you witnessed it means nothing except you're sad you got hacked.

You say you understand that bans come in waves but you still can't internalize that those waves come in periods of MONTHS.

You're impatient and becoming belligerent towards the development choices rather than keeping the long term perspective that will make DayZ a great finished product, no matter how long it takes.

Everyone has their favorite thing to complain about with DayZ dev, for you it is hacking.

Also, hackers are usually found on PvP/high pop/jag-off servers, so if you just want to play on PvP oriented servers you will have a higher chance for hacks.

Your statements have proven that you are not mentally cut out for this process.

Indeed if this bothers you now, hacking is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

No, it doesn't, not the way you say it does.

You're just plain wrong here, man.

I've been here since the beginning, I've seen the path this games development has taken, and I'm telling you you 100% wrong and that there are only a few mostly recent instances where hacking has impacted the games development.

The fact that someone just hacked and you witnessed it means nothing except you're sad you got hacked.

You say you understand that bans come in waves but you still can't internalize that those waves come in periods of MONTHS.

You're impatient and becoming belligerent towards the development choices rather than keeping the long term perspective that will make DayZ a great finished product, no matter how long it takes.

Everyone has their favorite thing to complain about with DayZ dev, for you it is hacking.

Also, hackers are usually found on PvP/high pop/jag-off servers, so if you just want to play on PvP oriented servers you will have a higher chance for hacks.

Your statements have proven that you are not mentally cut out for this process.

Indeed if this bothers you now, hacking is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Goodness, you're a salty fellah. Going to stop replying to this conversation. Take it as it a win. ^.^ It seems you need it badly.

Edited by [DGN] Johnny

Just now, [DGN] Johnny said:

Goodness, you're a salty fellah. Going to stop replying to this conversation. Take it as it a win. ^.^ It seems you need it badly.

Trust me dude, I do win.

You don't know the meaning of salty until you spend 3 and a half years trying to educate a revolving door full of half wit "gamers".

Also, anybody who cries about their 35$ should go add up the hours they have played DayZ and divide by the dollar amount they paid.

At 1,000 hours and the 35$ price tag you paid 0.0035 of a dollar per hour and we aren't even in Beta yet.

How many games do you have 100 hours in? 500? Any other games you might have 1,000 hours in?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Link: In the Dayz-universe it is impossible to find anything, -snip-

From the press release when DayZ hit Steam - “At the current time the core development of the base DayZ game is projected to run between 2.5 to 3 years. (Putting the departure from Early Access at approximately mid 2016)”

Quote taken from a post St Jimmy made recently, whom I trust pulled this off steam site.

4 hours ago, NuckFut said:

I'm not salty, I've spent 20 quid, it was Christmas what 3 years ago? or was it only 2? I forget.. way I see it, they have done well, got hundreds of thousands of people to pay for a game that's not near finished, mission accomplished for them. Now they get to relax without worry that the game will flop, since they already got paid lol.. when you think about it it's a perfect way to ensure no matter what, you get paid.

You definitely do sound salty, however, please, don't say that the game will not be finished. Every time I see someone say that I wish I had three more hands to facepalm with. It's also borderline slander.

Is it that hard to imagine a world where game developers want to finish a product without money being the sole motivation? Passion for the project, sense of accomplishment, etc.? I mean c'mon nobody can be that dense.

15 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

*insightful comment*

What I said was simply wrong as I misread your comment, which is my bad. But good to see that you are "smart" enough to be above such things *sarcasmover9000*.

but by that reason no one can ever voice displeasure with the current status of the build

Plain wrong. There is a difference between voicing displeasure and making suggestions of things that were already announced for implementation. Examples: "I hate the buggy vehicles atm" and "Can we have little bird pl0x". So much for tall orders and internet smart guys, guy.

On 3/10/2016 at 1:34 PM, Tigermonk said:

all these games were NOT launched in 'alpha' and the people who made these games didn't go to every game show on the globe.. while having list upon list of 'we hope to finish etc. etc. in 2015'

I guess you want more proof of that... coming right up :)

I'd like to point out ahead of time: THIS was intended for 2015!! not 2016

proof: https://dayz.com/blog/dayz-moving-into-2015

further more... how many of those games are as over hyped and shown in trailer as DayZ.

Apart from GTA V (please note my comment above DayZ has been in dev. since december 16th 2013! 2013!) 
so thats 2 years and 3 months.. (leaves them with 1 year and 8 months to complete the full game.)

Elder scroll (SERIES) so not just one game!

Fall Out Series (so not just one game!)

guild wars.. ok legit nr 2.

Deus-Ex (never even heard of that until it hit the shelf so please forgive me for not giving a shit about those 11+ years)

Diablo 3 (nobody expected another installment after 2 since 3 just sucks compared to the brilliance of 2. 
and as for you saying Duke Nukem was a 'bad game' matter of opinion.. I enjoyed duke nuken 3D for a long time.. along with the doom games and quake games..

you're welcome 

Damn okay, you're just being thick here, when I say Series I mean every one of the games in that franchise took a minimum four years. For Fallout that starts with 3, New Vegas, and Four, not including time for DLC work. The same for The Elder Scrolls from Morrowind and beyond, Diablo 3 statement uhh... okay? Everyone expected 3 but by the time it finally came it did not meet the hype, still, 11 years, you're just like 3 sucked so it don't matter? I don't know you lost me there. Duke Nukem 3D? I'm talking about Duke Nukem Forever, the one that came out in 2011? And you are not a true PC game if you don't give a shit about Deus Ex, that games as pivotal as System Shock, Diablo 2, and Half Life in the 90s, so many games have taken from that you have no idea.

Now let me point out this VERY IMPORTANT FACT...again, ALL of these games done in 4 years had OVER 100+ PEOPLE WORKING ON IT! This... is... a small team, would compare the staff size to Guild Wars 2 early-mid production, probably around 40-60 individuals. You are just butt hurt and being a difficult child here, a game of this scope, I would easily expect 6 years development for a finished product. We just now broke into year TWO, and you're here trippin already? Like I said earlier I love the opportunity to take part in early access as a true fan of gaming since I could operate my thumbs. But it lets all you noobs get in here and trash up the community with your impatience and it just sucks, the guys working on the game coming here to see what we think don't need to see this shit... And they don't need any flak to get picked up and thrown at them by there bosses because you guys want to raise hell and say they are not doing good enough. I don't think you had any damn clue what you where buying you just thought I heard good things about this mod, I'ma buy the game. They went into early access way too early they should be going into early access NOW that the new engine is about to show up, you all sat here and got bitter on them.

I hope Hicks never says another ETA on anything again, you guys just hold them as nails to crucify him with, when all he is trying to do is calm you all the fuck down.

21 hours ago, NuckFut said:

Welcome to the world of the "waiting patiently, seemingly forever".

The only people taking a risk on pre-alpha titles is the customer and after taking the plunge they are then completely at the mercy of a person(s) vision, hoping that what that vision (the vision that got that person to spend cash) was.. comes to fruition.

If this game has learned me anything, it's 'not' to ever again fall for an alpha pre-release game title. I can actually thank them for that :)

True, the incentive system when it comes to eary access games is a real problem. This goes for any software company. You earn 95% of the money with still half a game - investing the same amount of time again for the remaining 5% isn't really viable from a business point of view. But that's not the fault of the software company, but the fault of the customers.

Actually a game with lots of DLC content can do better there, since there is still motivation for development. The early access model itself is ... questionable at least. You make good points, thanks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Accolyte said:

Is it that hard to imagine a world where game developers want to finish a product without money being the sole motivation? Passion for the project, sense of accomplishment, etc.? I mean c'mon nobody can be that dense.

Yes, it is, as long as said people could also go for another project which yields much money again. Sole motivation? probably not. Working for little to nothing? (most revenues have already been generated) ... also a bummer. It's just human, it's their job and from their share they have to feed families. So I really would not play the idealist card here. It's an industry, not a monastery or Mother Theresa ;)

18 hours ago, Accolyte said:

You definitely do sound salty, however, please, don't say that the game will not be finished. Every time I see someone say that I wish I had three more hands to facepalm with. It's also borderline slander.

Wanna quote anywhere I've said it will not be finished? I said the game is "not near finished". Dean had passion for the game didn't he? to think it's his baby too.. real shame he didn't stick around, at least the guy had a personality and actually told of his passion to see the game come good.

Also, Motivation for most things in life are money, this is not an alien concept to me since I own my own business. You do a good job so your customers return. DayZ already has customers, who bought into vision like I said. Don't be surprised if people are not happy with your work since they already paid you. So yeah, I have 2 hands right here to help you with that triple facepalm :)

Edited by NuckFut

I have no problem with people wondering when/if the game is coming out, etc. But when people start to act like they know the development phase better than a dev team, it really pisses me off. "Oh, fix the massive amount of bugs first then add new content! I want a squeaky clean early access experience wah wah wah!" These people just can't get it through their skulls that EACH "new content" added brings with it a large chance for more and more bugs? That being said, I do wonder about the pace they're going at myself. It seems like they're asking a lot of themselves to want to have beta out by Q2 (whatever that is) but I'm at least grateful that they keep us updated on a somewhat consistent schedule.