Sign in to follow this  
plasma (DayZ)

In desperate need of .308 ammo

I have been searching for hours trying to find ammo for the Winchester.    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

it's everywhere, just rarely.

houses, cars, sheds, police stations, etc

On dead players aswell.

assuming you don't ruin the ammo killing him.  I always put my .308 where it's sure to net my killer nothing. :-p  (unless he manages a headshot)

Edited by Red_Ensign

If you search meticulously civilian spawns, you will find them. Last time i went to search for them, i found 2 stacks of looses rounds and another box within an hour search house by houses, sheds by sheds.

• Like 2

assuming you don't ruin the ammo killing him.  I always put my .308 where it's sure to net my killer nothing. :-p  (unless he manages a headshot)

Just shot a guy in the head, he had a mountainbackpack full of 308. o.O

• Like 1

if you put in the time, you can find it in random houses/cars but it defiantly is more rare in 59 stable and it has become "gold" in my book since sniping is my preferred method. i'll look for camps/barrels and merely take the gold and hunting scopes, nothing else.

Edited by Reg Park

If you go out looking for .22LR ammo, you will find more than enough .308.  If you go out looking for six pristine cans of tactical bacon, you will likely find just enough 308.  If you go out looking specifically for .308, you will likely find none.

Murphy is watching you.

• Like 4

The tall towers around the nwaf (and berezino harbor too I guess) are pretty good sources of ammo.

Interact-able destroyed vehicles usually have .308 ammo for me. I've accumulated 800+ rounds of .308 just from looting the cars, and scavenging off dead bodies in 50 pops. xD

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Interact-able destroyed vehicles usually have .308 ammo for me. I've accumulated 800+ rounds of .308 just from looting the cars, and scavenging off dead bodies in 50 pops. xD

I thought wrecked vehicles don't spawn loot atm?

O.o Did they ever not? I still find loot in them.

O.o Did they ever not? I still find loot in them.

I've looked in broken trucks, urals, ural cargos and all of the cars beside police aren't spawning anything for me

• Like 1

Strange! I haven't been playing too often, but I played about 15 minutes ago and found a few loots in some random wrecked cars.

Maybe bad luck?

Cars spawn loot but only cars with doors/boots that open on them. The burnt out pick up trucks and such don't spawn loot at the moment.

Cars definitely spawn ammo, food, clothes etc

The 'burnt out' 4x4, Military truck, humvees etc do not spawn anything.

"Interact-able" destroyed / rusted vehicles

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I have been searching for hours trying to find ammo for the Winchester.    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Search cars, police cars, houses, tool sheds, deer stands and NATO helicopters (full FN magazines) and search a lot of them. 

Edited by Xbow

I've found one pack of .308 ammo in days of playing.  What I will say is that it's not in military locations afaict.  I found my .308 ammo in a random house. 

It was the porch of the house with a tall pot plant in it.  The box of .308 was on the floor next to the plant.  

Search cars, police cars, houses, tool sheds, deer stands and NATO helicopters (full FN magazines) and search a lot of them. 

IME, you're more likely to find .308 at crash sites in a FAL mag than you are anywhere else...

I will drop whatever I have to to ensure that I have enough space to accommodate this precious resource, and as such, I have literally twenty boxes of .308.

If you need some, I can hook you up, my friend. My only condition? It must be used to harvest tears from the masses.

I've looked in broken trucks, urals, ural cargos and all of the cars beside police aren't spawning anything for me

Yeah, wrecked military vehicles aren't spawning loot anymore.

Civilian cars still are other than the maroon one for me.

IME, you're more likely to find .308 at crash sites in a FAL mag than you are anywhere else...

That is true! I currently have 55 rounds of .308 from found boxes and 100 rounds that came from FN magazines

have some beans  :beans:

On 20/1/2016 at 4:09 PM, plasma (DayZ) said:

Thanks

The big car park at Svergino to the south of the main road - it is a good enough place to start if you are in that area.

In village houses look at shelves, surfaces, floor spawn places, or you will miss unboxed ammo.  If you just look in the room from the door or you run through you most probably won't see it.