Espa

Guessing .60!

Hey guys! I haven't been around long, but I've really begun to appreciate this community for their helpfulness and even the guides I've been given in game, or on the forums. This is a lovely time to be in this Alpha. As we know, .59 on Experimental has been a blast! There's Infected, there's improvements being made, cars, and possibly more items being implemented! I've never had so much fun in a game that is in a state of flux.

Now. . It's true we all wish everything to optimized in .59 so it goes stable and we can truly begin to set up communities on servers. .

But here's my question to you!

What changes/improvements/implementations would you most like to see in .60 Experimental?

I don't even have an idea of what I would like to see, as I can't even fathom the thought of .60 right now. I'm still basking in the glory that is .59

• Like 1

Base building.  They need to get it in and start working on it, as it's going to be one of the most difficult things to do right.  Why they decided to do it basically last, I don't know.  I think it was a mistake.

If it's not in .60 I'm gonna be pretty disappointed at this point.

• Like 3

Base building.  They need to get it in and start working on it, as it's going to be one of the most difficult things to do right.  Why they decided to do it basically last, I don't know.  I think it was a mistake.

If it's not in .60 I'm gonna be pretty disappointed at this point.

I think that would be pretty damn amazing to realistically be able to start building our own bases, even if it's just minor things. . Such as picking up stationary goods (that we couldn't before) and placing them where we'd like. Then we could have makeshift homes and barricades where we would like.

Personally, I'd love to see an entire overhaul of Infected Personality and Types of Infected, as well as populations in the end of .59 . . But if it's in .60, I'll still be in love.

My suggestion list has a large portion devoted to them that I HOPE is utilized. I know the Devs have their own plans, but man. . I want this game to be SCARY more than anything else.

• Like 1

-snip- Why they decided to do it basically last, I don't know.  I think it was a mistake.

-snip-

New renderer, new UI, new player controller, are the first things that come to mind.  That same old song about not adding stuff into the game when they are just going to have to remake it for the new tech.

The thing I most want to see added into the game sooner rather than later, would have to be better AI.  I want the zombies to be drawn to gunfire from a couple kilometers away.  I'd also like to see, like you mentioned, different "classes" of infected

Take for instance, a system of categorizing them on a value scale of one to five, for a number of different attributes.  Have them each be assigned a level of general arousal/alertness, visual acuity, hearing, speed, strength, tolerance to damage, and tenacity.  This way, the infected behavior will be unpredictable and varied.  The player will never really get to the point where they can routinely predict how easily they can sneak by, break aggro, or easily dispatch them with melee.  Each zombie will be a gamble.  But the real interesting stuff begins to happen when they start chain reactions of aggro and pursuit.

Maybe you can just sneak up and knock the weak/deaf ones over the head with a pipe, but accidentally alert a tenacious one with particularly good hearing; who, in chasing you for hundreds of meters, aggros all of the good sighted zombies on the northern half of the airfield.  Before you know it, you are out of breath in Grishino, and used up most of your ammo just keeping the faster ones off your tail; a herd of a couple dozen is now locked onto you, their respective strengths combining to form an unrelenting mob of pursuers.  Maybe you can pick off all of the fast ones, and a majority of the medium-fast ones have lost interest. But a handful of tenacious zombies with both good hearing and eyesight catch up to you when you stop to catch your breath in the lodge at the foot of devils castle, leaving you isolated and bleeding, legs broken, with all of your clothing and food ruined.

• Like 7

Id like impruvement of new UI. I hope they give us new weapons and one new car.

They'll finish the renderer, then add basebuilding and improved zombies. Because adding all of that only makes sense after there are the free resources to spend on these economies. If 0.60 isn't the final render update, the Beta will have to be postponed. They need to finish the renderer and it should take top priority from here on out, because otherwise the Alpha can't move onto its final stages, before the Beta. 

• Like 2

I just want a survival game, not a walking+looting+pewpewpew simulator

imo dont starve is a far far far better survival game, even project zomboid is better, but its alpha bla bla bla

things that I think will make Dayz a game

• harsh weather

• motherfucking zombies that actually kill or fuck with you a lot
  • lack of food
  • lack of critical survival items
  • finite stamina
  • catch diseases when your heath is fragile(health not blood level)
  • things that make you think, fuck i ll die if ...... i need ..... this to stay alive

we dont need cars, helis, base building, or cloths and guns, we need survival game mechanics

Edited by vgbarbieri
  • Like 5

The thing I most want to see added into the game sooner rather than later, would have to be better AI.  I want the zombies to be drawn to gunfire from a couple kilometers away.  I'd also like to see, like you mentioned, different "classes" of infected

think through the effect of Zs responding to sounds from 1000s of meters away in game. 

I just want a survival game, not a walking+looting+pewpewpew simulator

imo dont starve is a far far far better survival game, even project zomboid is better, but its alpha bla bla bla

things that I think will make Dayz a game

• harsh weather

• lack of food
  • lack of critical survival items
  • finite stamina
  • catch diseases when your heath is fragile(health not blood level)
  • things that make you think, fuck i ll die if ...... i need ..... this to stay alive

we dont need cars, helis, base building, or cloths and guns, we need survival game mechanics

Place a well-made list onto the Suggestions Forum like I have if you WISH to see the changes you speak of. We're not all powerful compared to the Dev's vision, but we are here to help guide and help test. Don't be discouraged :)

I'm pretty sure that much is to come soon, anyway. Christmas is really close and who knows what goodies we'll find sitting under that big pine tree in the forest. . Is it a sniper? Or. . an Infected we've never seen!? Oh my! xD

For instance, mine: https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230454-brother-espas-list-of-desireable-changes/

Edited by Espa
  • Like 1

think through the effect of Zs responding to sounds from 1000s of meters away in game. 

What you mean, like bigger network bubble?  I was thinking along the lines of them being constantly drawn towards distant gunshots, naturally aggregating in the areas where the most is going on at the time.  It also would allow for the prepared survivor to draw off the infected before looping around and looting back through an area.  Maybe revise that to 1000 meters.  Or is 500 meters the radius of the network bubble?  

• Like 1

What you mean, like bigger network bubble?  I was thinking along the lines of them being constantly drawn towards distant gunshots, naturally aggregating in the areas where the most is going on at the time.  It also would allow for the prepared survivor to draw off the infected before looping around and looting back through an area.  Maybe revise that to 1000 meters.  Or is 500 meters the radius of the network bubble?  

I actually rather like this idea, as players can certainly hear shots from a good distance. If Infected are merely extremely sick people with a penchant to bite at people, I'd expect them to be curious and want to go after such sounds.

It also makes gun fights a bit more interesting and grant the AI the roaming system we all desire.

What changes/improvements/implementations would you most like to see in .60 Experimental?

Lots and LOTS of tasty tacos. The patch will be glorious! 83

• Like 1

I really don't want zombies that can fuck ppls mothers nor do i want them raping my character. That would be just rude and uncomfortable! >8(

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

New renderer, new UI, new player controller, are the first things that come to mind.  That same old song about not adding stuff into the game when they are just going to have to remake it for the new tech.

I don't think that necessarily applies.  None of those 3 things really affect putting in the foundations for this system.  It's like how they got vehicles in before those, how they got complex weapons in early and all these things.  The basic mechanics for base building should have been implemented very early, because they're going to have an enormous impact on everything else.

It's arguably the most complex system that's going to be in the game.  Waiting to get even the foundation of that in last, when their policy on everything else was the opposite, just doesn't really make sense.  It's basically the opposite of what you're saying, this is going to cause them more problems.

I know not with what 0.60 will be played but 0.70 will be played with stones and sticks.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 2

I don't think that necessarily applies.  None of those 3 things really affect putting in the foundations for this system.  It's like how they got vehicles in before those, how they got complex weapons in early and all these things.  The basic mechanics for base building should have been implemented very early, because they're going to have an enormous impact on everything else.

It's arguably the most complex system that's going to be in the game.  Waiting to get even the foundation of that in last, when their policy on everything else was the opposite, just doesn't really make sense.  It's basically the opposite of what you're saying, this is going to cause them more problems.

I'm not so sure that I have it backwards.  Basebuilding will require the precise placement of objects; a feature that I have yet to see implemented into the game.  

I agree that it would be best to have implemented it earlier, to allow more time to break and fix it; but I have this suspicion that the devs kinda know what they are doing, and would have implemented it sooner if possible.  I never played the mod, so I don't know how the placeholder basebuilding would have worked, but I suspect that they didn't want to put it into the game early, only to have to remove and remake an entire new one.  I think we both know how much complaints, such removal would have gotten from the community.

• Like 2

I'm not so sure that I have it backwards.  Basebuilding will require the precise placement of objects; a feature that I have yet to see implemented into the game.  

I agree that it would be best to have implemented it earlier, to allow more time to break and fix it; but I have this suspicion that the devs kinda know what they are doing, and would have implemented it sooner if possible.  I never played the mod, so I don't know how the placeholder basebuilding would have worked, but I suspect that they didn't want to put it into the game early, only to have to remove and remake an entire new one.  I think we both know how much complaints, such removal would have gotten from the community.

That's what I'm saying though.  The new renderer, and player animations have nothing to do with a system to place objects.  Maybe that's tied into the UI, but I don't really think so in the sense that the mechanic is reliant upon a particular UI.

It's the foundation of the mechanic that they should have gotten in, because as soon as we're allowed to start manipulating objects in the world to that degree a whole lot is going to change.  That's the same approach they've taken to everything else.  We see the very basic implementation of each system early on so they can build on it later.  This is the exception where they haven't done that and are waiting till last.  It's going to have such an impact that it's just foolish imo, especially given their track record of breaking things.  We're approaching beta, with launch soon after and realistically if they keep to schedule at the current update rate, that leaves room for probably about 2-3 more patches.  A few months to put in base building.

Look at a game like Rust where base building was one of the major focuses, implemented from the start, and the constant changes that are being made to it.  There's a reason that most games don't even touch housing/base building.  It's super complex, both in mechanics and especially in balance.

There's just no real sense to think waiting was a good idea.  It's not reliant on any of the upcoming systems to the point of making it a good idea to wait.

• Like 1

That's what I'm saying though.  The new renderer, and player animations have nothing to do with a system to place objects.  Maybe that's tied into the UI, but I don't really think so in the sense that the mechanic is reliant upon a particular UI.

It's the foundation of the mechanic that they should have gotten in, because as soon as we're allowed to start manipulating objects in the world to that degree a whole lot is going to change.  That's the same approach they've taken to everything else.  We see the very basic implementation of each system early on so they can build on it later.  This is the exception where they haven't done that and are waiting till last.  It's going to have such an impact that it's just foolish imo, especially given their track record of breaking things.  We're approaching beta, with launch soon after and realistically if they keep to schedule at the current update rate, that leaves room for probably about 2-3 more patches.  A few months to put in base building.

Look at a game like Rust where base building was one of the major focuses, implemented from the start, and the constant changes that are being made to it.  There's a reason that most games don't even touch housing/base building.  It's super complex, both in mechanics and especially in balance.

There's just no real sense to think waiting was a good idea.  It's not reliant on any of the upcoming systems to the point of making it a good idea to wait.

This may mean small potatoes to you, but they did just fix up 'Small Object Manipulation' in the new Status Report. This is the beginning of exactly what you want. Have patience, friend. This'll be expanded upon. -- And you've got to remember that this is DayZ. Building will likely not be like in the other games you've played like Rust or Reign of Kings or what have you. It may be unique in some way. .

Have hope :)

• Like 1

This may mean small potatoes to you, but they did just fix up 'Small Object Manipulation' in the new Status Report. This is the beginning of exactly what you want. Have patience, friend. This'll be expanded upon. -- And you've got to remember that this is DayZ. Building will likely not be like in the other games you've played like Rust or Reign of Kings or what have you. It may be unique in some way. .

Have hope :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I have hope and I'm glad they're working on it.  I just think it was a mistake on their part to do it last.

The one thing that I could see holding up base building was persistence, which is another thing they should have gotten in the game a lot earlier on.  These are vital systems to make the game more than an inconsequential deathmatch.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

I don't think that necessarily applies. None of those 3 things really affect putting in the foundations for this system. It's like how they got vehicles in before those, how they got complex weapons in early and all these things. The basic mechanics for base building should have been implemented very early, because they're going to have an enormous impact on everything else.

It's arguably the most complex system that's going to be in the game. Waiting to get even the foundation of that in last, when their policy on everything else was the opposite, just doesn't really make sense. It's basically the opposite of what you're saying, this is going to cause them more problems.

So you would rather have them rush the base building mechanic into an almost finished engine instead of simply waiting like they have been to apply it to the new renderer / engine ? Think people , think , this is what developers did , you don't need to try and out think them because they have gone through the right and proper steps , this is EXACTLY how they should have handled the implementation of features ...

Sure they could have slowed down on weapons or clothes but with the amount of variation we have now Id gladly have that any day than base building here one week sooner (as it literally wouldn't be pushed off any longer by anything that the art team works on like clothes and weapon design). People seem to think the reason for the delay in the roadmap was because "so many useless items added omagash!" But it wasnt that , it was simply the complex task of removing the old engine and infusing the new engine in, which still has some months to go but not many.

Too long don't read : we really just have to stop Doubting the decisions made and start enjoying the tide for God sakes , and if you're one of those pvp only types who are nostalgic for the mod then well you better prepare yourself to quit this game soon because soon enough it won't be for those types of players .

We've seen the best way to work a great game into something even greater , but it takes lots of time and testing , this is what all other zombie games should have done and maybe they would be half as great as dayz sa (admit it, even though some other games are great for little dick around sessions , they will never be a long term zombie survival game for those that truly want that genre , those other rushed zombie gsmes will only serve as a pvp shoot em up quick fix , many people like to pretend that's what dayz is too , but it's slowly becoming something else , something better , and all the naysayers including crappy streamers that can't find bullets are hating every second of it thinking dayz Is failing because they csnt get their pew pew fix as fast as they could in previous builds).

So you would rather have them rush the base building mechanic into an almost finished engine instead of simply waiting like they have been to apply it to the new renderer / engine ? 

I didn't bother to read your post because your first sentence demonstrates you have no clue what you're talking about.  base building is not reliant on the renderer.  the "new engine" is not some separate entity to be merged, it's what they've been working on/creating all along.  i'm not saying they should have rushed it, i'm saying like many other major systems (weapons, clothing, farming, vehicles, crafting, melee, animals, everything) the foundation should have been put in much earlier so they could build upon it like everything else they've done.

Btw in regards to this

Basebuilding will require the precise placement of objects; a feature that I have yet to see implemented into the game.  

This is from february.
Edited by Bororm