robophant

[Poll] Official servers 1pp only

Official servers 1pp only?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Official servers 1pp only?

ANd THEN THE GREAT ANd MIGHTY HICKS SAId: "LET THEM HAVE BANANA"

(my "d" key does not work. So I had to copy/paste it, thats why its lowercase, lol)

• Like 1

If you have no constructive input on the subject then don't reply to this thread.

You sound more butt-hurt/like a kid the further this thread goes

Iv been giving plenty of constructive input on the subject on why this would be a pointless move.

If you choose to drown things out thats your problem.

Edited by Deathlove

Iv been giving plenty of constructive input on the subject on why this would be a pointless move.

Please don't feed the trolls.  He's added nothing constructive and is obviously trying to draw people into silly litlte tiffs.

• Like 1

As a result of this poll and the one over at Reddit, we have subsequently turned our server exclusively 1PP. So if you are looking for a 1PP server that isn't going away and the admins aren't badmins who just want to play as fair as everyone else then come check us out. ;D

• Like 3

I have not seen any proper input from you apart from sarcasm and "praise be 1st person" quotes, pretty much all you said is just defending 3rd person, not giving input on how it can be changed/altered to either benifit either sides of the argument,

Heres a tissue, there seems to be shit all around your mouth.

I always have at least one 1PP and one 3PP character going. Admittedly I mostly play 3PP but I don't see the harm in giving 1PP some more love and exposure.  

My only concern is that not having an official 3PP server would mean that my camp persistence would always be at risk from the whim of a random admin, so I'd have to find a reliable home server.

On that note, I'd expect to see a rise in 3PP rentals from players investing in their own persistence.

Right now there's plenty of "MEGALOOTZ 9000" servers, I wouldn't mind seeing a handful of rented "RELIABLE PERSISTENCE" servers thrown in there too.

Anyway, I voted Banana. Devs gonna dev

Please don't feed the trolls.  He's added nothing constructive and is obviously trying to draw people into silly litlte tiffs.

Have you check this thread from start to finish? go check post #22,

I've given input into how we could have a GOW style cover mechanic, I admit it would have to be fluid and smooth, but I would like to think it would tempt people to give it a go and see if it benifits or not, aswell as the statistics/info on how players are reacting to  the change would be interesting (maybe for the worse..... maybe for the better)

I would like to see a 4th wall mechanic for DayZ but as said in a earlier post, it will probably not work.

Edited by Roger_Shrubz

This thread is about how to encourage 3pp players to join the 1pp players, so they have an opportunity to find out how much fun it is.

We live with a world mass gaming market, to say 3pp players are "casual" is really old fashioned.

This is a consumer democracy, not a dictatorship. You can't force people to play a video game when they do not want to.

How can we encourage players into 1pp?

Insulting 3pp play because the "spirit father" set a Law saying 1pp players are "better" than 3pp players is not going to work - it will not bring more players into 1pp. IRL the fundamentalists and the national front use similar "personal superiority"arguments but remain a tiny minority.

So how to attract the 94% players who are 3pp to try out with the 6% who are "hardcore" 1pp?

This is a problem Hicks is trying to figure out - and he is not a naive, inexperienced person in DayZ. I guess he has some knowledge of the economics, the game dynamics, the possibilities, the technical and emotional aspects of gameplay - right?

I think if 1pp players were more fun to be with, more 3pp players would be interested to join their servers.

So far on these forums, players like Tatanko are the best ad. for 1pp play I have seen.

So what can you 1pp guys do to attract players to your servers?

xx

I always have at least one 1PP and one 3PP character going. Admittedly I mostly play 3PP but I don't see the harm in giving 1PP some more love and exposure.  

My only concern is that not having an official 3PP server would mean that my camp persistence would always be at risk from the whim of a random admin, so I'd have to find a reliable home server.

On that note, I'd expect to see a rise in 3PP rentals from players investing in their own persistence.

Right now there's plenty of "MEGALOOTZ 9000" servers, I wouldn't mind seeing a handful of rented "RELIABLE PERSISTENCE" servers thrown in there too.

Anyway, I voted Banana. Devs gonna dev

I can without doubt promise you if you were to come play on ours, there would be NO persistence wipes.

I can without doubt promise you if you were to come play on ours, there would be NO persistence wipes.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind  B)

While I think it's good for the game to try to increase the amount of 1PP play, those of us who also play 3PP will be looking for reliable persistence servers to make their home.  

If I have some confidence that an admin won't mess with the persistence I might change my vote from Banana to Yes, Please  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You claim that 3pp is for cod kiddies but...

Cod...

Is in 1pp

#illuminaticonfirmed

• Like 1

You claim that 3pp is for cod kiddies but...

Cod...

Is in 1pp

#illuminaticonfirmed

Go check the whole 7 pages of the thread mate, no one has said that so far, maybe I need to try what you are smoking there!

I have not seen any proper input from you apart from sarcasm and "praise be 1st person" quotes, pretty much all you said is just defending 3rd person, not giving input on how it can be changed/altered to either benifit either sides of the argument,

Again without all the proper mechanics the FPS will still be extremely lack luster so it would be kind of pointless really as most of the complaints i see involve pvp play and thats about it. Making official servers all 1pp would be a silly move. And if i were to play on an unofficial server just for 3pp would that even guarantee me a good clean experience without hacking and bad GMs?

Heres a tissue, there seems to be shit all around your mouth.

Lol you seem to have a real issue with ppl that enjoy 3PP and who want to defend it.

-snip-

So what can you 1pp guys do to attract players to your servers?

xx

The only way to win them over is to play with them in 1PP.

I've converted someone just by playing with them over time.

The virtues of 1PP can become apparent rather quickly.

I only make a 3PP character because it's a whole different hive where I can start a "new life".

Even then I don't come out of 1PP unless I'm running usually.

Seriously, I forget 3PP is even there....

• Like 1

Again without all the proper mechanics the FPS will still be extremely lack luster so it would be kind of pointless really as most of the complaints i see involve pvp play and thats about it. Making official servers all 1pp would be a silly move. And if i were to play on an unofficial server just for 3pp would that even guarantee me a good clean experience without hacking and bad GMs?

Well you might just see the PVP side of things, but its more with how the game is meant to be played, this game is alpha so anything could happen, if the devs see the goal towards getting more/improving survival and elements into the game but involves making 3rd person a lower league/casual way of game play then so be it.

I'm all in the aid of science and statistics, if 3pp has the best results then so be it, atleast we tried all options..

Lol you seem to have a real issue with ppl that enjoy 3PP and who want to defend it.

I thought that you had a real issue with people that enjoy 1PP since you give it the "praise be 1PP" sarcastic talk

Edited by Roger_Shrubz

I've converted someone just by playing with them over time.

Yeah. Me. :P

I play 3pp with Schwabam, DaveB, and Eno, but 1pp will forevermore be home to me. Even if 1pp never picks up popularity in the community as a whole, I really don't give a fuck. I don't play DayZ for the player interaction, if one could even call the near constant KoS any kind of real interaction. I play DayZ to live the zombie apocalypse. I want to be afraid. I want to be surprised. The 3rd person camera stifles a lot of that, whether people realize it or not. I can't tell you how many times I've been genuinely surprised by a zombie in 1pp that I would've seen a block away in 3pp. 

In short, 3pp plays like a game, which I guess is what some people are really after. 1pp plays more like a simulation. I don't have to think about my camera perspective or what another person might be seeing from some asinine viewpoint with their drone cam. I can just get lost in the experience. 

Once .59 hits Experimental, we get zombies back and while I will still play 3pp with the aforementioned bros (salt of the earth kind of dudes, imo), 1pp will again be my primary mode. I can't wait to get back to cleansing Chernarus of the infected once again. (See profile pic)

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 5

if the devs see the goal towards getting more/improving survival and elements into the game but involves making 3rd person a lower league/casual way of game play then so be it.

I didnt realize this game was trying to become an E Sport with terms like League.

There is no need to dumb down the experience of 3PP for the sake of making FPS better though. If game mechanics can be enhanced in FPS mode than it wouldn't be as big of an issue and you might actually see a resurgence in players.

I thought that you had a real issue with people that enjoy 1PP since you give it the "praise be 1PP" sarcastic talk

No but demonizing 3pp because certain ppl cant play the game properly isnt very fair though ether. Thats mainly to the ppl that seem to think both less of it and the players that enjoy it.

Insulting 3pp play because the "spirit father" set a Law saying 1pp players are "better" than 3pp players is not going to work - it will not bring more players into 1pp. IRL the fundamentalists and the national front use similar "personal superiority"arguments but remain a tiny minority.

And yea, the seer spake and he said "No Fun Allowed" and thus top banter was banished from the land. 

It wasn't my intention to persuade or to belittle anyone in this thread, i wanted to see what people thought about the series of tweets Hicks made. What they thought the consequences, if any, of making official servers 1pp only might be, how the new server browser might work and the effect that could have on peoples server choice. What perspective is better is irrelevant to that discussion however when things get Fun i like to have Fun too. 

• Like 2

Agreed, he even got me for a while. Internet gives some people muscles though, especially children.

I didnt realize this game was trying to become an E Sport with terms like League.

There is no need to dumb down the experience of 3PP for the sake of making FPS better though. If game mechanics can be enhanced in FPS mode than it wouldn't be as big of an issue and you might actually see a resurgence in players.

No but demonizing 3pp because certain ppl cant play the game properly isnt very fair though ether. Thats mainly to the ppl that seem to think both less of it and the players that enjoy it.

There are many definitions for league, go check the dictionary, doesn't mean it is just sport related.

I am not demonizing atall, there is input on both ends of 1pp and 3pp here, I think you need to check your sarcastic post of "praise be 1pp" and you will see who is being the hot headed one.

Agreed, he even got me for a while. Internet gives some people muscles though, especially children.

And we go on about sarcasm and being condescending? think you are being more the child here dude.

But anyways, I would like to see a crysis 2 style wall peek system, but it would have to be smooth to use,

It would be cool if it could be analogue, so you can just slowly stick your head from cover etc.

Maybe it might tempt people to try it atleast (I hope :()