deevote

Kicking from Vilayer server IS ALLOWED.

Well, the idea did not materialise in 11 months, so  .... but yes, this would indeed be a more than helpful feature.

I hear it is being worked on internally.  No excuse for not doing anything about it.  It's like a problem intersection being on the list for installation updated traffic signals and enforcement cameras, so the traffic patrols just generally ignore it; as we are seeing happen from BI and GSPs currently. 

• Like 1

They would need a to raise the per-server player count. The issue is when your primary server's full. No access to your character/loot. It's not that huge of a deal, just log onto another server and play there on a freshie or secondary char. But it's a real issue that's tough to solve. People get PISSED when they can't access their character.

I was encouraged by the possibility of 75-player servers in last week's update though, that might just be high enough.

I have been playing on a locked 50 player server for months that is nearly always a wait to get into. Way way way better just because the hive is not connected. I think its just a terrible idea. But fundamental to the original concept so its still there. Let people get pissed, the whole mechanism is 99% greifing and exploiting and only 1 % added value. 

Ditch it.

Because some entity is a revenue stream (rather an individual or company) shouldn't make them less of a target for violation of an agreement. 

If "if's" and "buts" were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.

sadly thats not the world we live in anymore. the community is full of lemmings. 

-If you ever pre-order anything, your responsible for ruining gaming. (i don't care if your gonna buy anyway, WAIT! MAKE COMPANIES SHOW YOU THE PRODUCT BEFORE YOU BUY. DON'T BUY ON FAITH)

-If you buy day-1 DLC, you are ruining gaming.

-If you pay into SCAMS like 'Season passes' for games, you too are responsible for all the evils of the AAA gaming industry.

See now we can agree on a few things :)

• Like 1

But this is all getting quite off topic.

Report the servers as per the multitude of posts from Boneboyz directing such actions.

I'm quite surprised he hasn't weighed in on this yet given his thirst for virgin blood enforcing the law.

My position has not changed, however I am interested in the discussion and getting an idea of how our members feel at this time in development concerning the problem, that is why the Topic is still alive,

I have also mentioned and reported the situation to the Devs.

Do not forget that the real fault lies with the Server admins that do not adhere to the agreement, this is why you should report those servers, report, report, report & report again, flood the GSP providers & the FT with reports, force their hand, what happens after is beyond reach as players but at least your duty has been done.

Do not believe that action is not at all taken, I have seen results on several occasions.

The fact that some failatlife pays money to gear up is not a game breaker imho, it is annoying, should not happen and is against the hosting rules, so Report the server and keep your fingers crossed that one day action will be taken.

Getting rid of the Public Hive (as someone suggested) is not an option in my opinion, if you want to play on populated servers (and I do) with a diversity of different and never before met people, public servers are the only real available choice.

Keep on Reporting those join/kick servers, the day will be won !

• Like 5

IMO the reporting is too much of a hassle. There should really be an in-game option to report servers.

exactly - an option like that should be in the server list window - in order to avoid misclicking, you should have to add at least a short reason (like join=kick server) and then this should land on the desk of B.I. - if a couple of different people is reporting the same server, action should be taken.

Leaving it to the server owners is recruiting a wolf to guard the lambs

For OP info - The OP is getting auto-reply mail from Tom Morriss' box.

Tom Morriss (Vilayer, UK) is listed on "Linked In".
He says he has a personal interest in Arma from way back, so he should be a good person to talk to, right ?

Perhaps someone could tell him that his e-mail replies and his company are being discussed on this forum ?
If Tom Morriss would join this forum, it would be a great opportunity for him to do some fine public-relations work for Vilayer.

Vilayer say:  "We employ a number of staff on a full and part time basis to provide an uninterrupted sales and support service to our customers"

but - people who complain about the admins on "public" servers are not customers. The Server Supplier has no responsibility to "players" at all in that statement or anywhere else, their customer support is for "customers"
However, they have a responsibility to Bohemia International.

There are special rules for DayZ that are not the rules for all the other games offered by the SP.

The SP has to have staff who's job includes to check these rules are being applied (otherwise, who checks anything?)
If that member of staff does not have a job description that includes a statement of "the actions to take on DayZ complaints from players" - then no actions will be taken.

Vilayer also say: "We were among the first companies in the world to offer fully 100% automated hosting solutions"

Now - how many staff do you need to be 100% fully automated ? 

(sure - you got to keep 1 tech for updates and tech problems - but he gets all his e-mails from the boss, not from folk outside the company)

Well - on the public relations side - you need "someone" to deal with customers (not players, normally, because they ain't customers) and you need "someone" to deal with Bohemia international.

xx pilgrim

Hey - I got a lot of stuff to say (I used to be interested in this mess, way back) and plenty of questions -  so I put it in a spoiler, 'cause I gave up bending folks ears about this a long while ago.

BI could also answer these questions and police the problem, if that was their policy.

Couple of years ago, I was very interested in this subject. I even sent in a little complaint/a question about misuse against MY OWN public server, I didn't use my client-e-mail, to see what I'd get back to my customer address - maybe a copy of the complaint? a warning? an explanation of the rules I was supposed to have broken? A count of how many complaints had been filed against me? And I did get an auto-reply back to the e-mail where I filed the complaint, and so I started in on a request for clarification, right. auto replies, etc..

But I didn't hassle BI about it. and the whole subject was not a good topic for a long time, maybe still ..

Seems to me - BI themselves could answer any of the questions i put down here..

- if they wanted to, or if they had any answers set into  their agreement with the SPs

(like what the SPs HAVE TO DO about the rules, and how they tell BI what they do.. )

- or if they BI had anyone working on the case , checking game abuse, checking SP abuse..making sure the SPs were fair

- I guess the SPs might take complaints direct from BI more seriously? .; or not ?

So, I see Boneboys has let the topic go on - and he's a serious and fair (if hard) moderator, takes his work the way a good mod should.. beanz for that

Short answer is - try it yourself. DO it.

So - back then - I was sending in requests to various SPs to see what came back.
you can do the same - read the kind of thing I sent - the e-mail texts here are a compilation good for 5 or 10 different e-mails, - the mails I sent were shorter and more 'human', ya know? - these are just my notes on what I wanted to find out. What everyone needs to know.

So => do the same

if you want, take the parts you need from these e-mails, or take the ideas.. When you get auto replies (you WILL), change the heading and change the first line, or change the whole thing, and send again, keep doing  until someone answers or until someone puts your e-mail address on auto block.. (lol).; you think EVERY"public relations" guy is highly motivated and interested in his job, or in you?

The first human reply you get will politely send you to their web page. Write back that the web page does not give the info you need. Then you'll get ..an auto reply...

OK:
But in the long run you can find out some official and some unofficial info. I stopped being involved in this when I "decided" that I understand what's going on, how it works at both ends, and what effort is put into upholding BI's intentions at both ends.

But - There are human beings everywhere who want to get things right.. they turn up. Situations change.

============

Dear sir,

regarding DayZ Stand Alone "public" game instances hired to your clients on your servers:

I hope you have time to answer these questions, the answers are not available in your TOS or other online information.

What is your undertaking to BI, to ensure compliance and show verification that their games are not misused according to your agreement with them?

1 ) What is your procedure when a DayZ "public" game is always turned off except for the times of day the administrator of that game (the user of the administrator interface you provide) is online himself?

2 ) How does your company verify the use of an "auto-kick" or automated "white-list kick" software running on a "public" DayZ game administrator's interface? If warned that one is in place, does your staff log in to the game to verify it's use, or do you have another method of detection?

Is it correct that "kick software" mounted on your client's PC to supervise the "administrator interface" you provide is undetectable except by personal on-line log-in (checked by your staff), or by your own automated repeated-log-in verification of auto-kick use?

I understand that your company does not have an automated detection procedure for "auto-kick software", is this the case, please?

3 ) A number of your clients for 'public' DayZ game instances, will often manually kick a player after he/she is only a short time in the game - it seems the administrator want to keep the "public" server "private", so he can use the 'public hive' - and also defraud your company - by running an 'illegal' cheaper private server while denying public access.

What is your procedure for verifying such "keep out" complaints, please ?

4 ) Do you inform players who complain of the required content of complaints - server details, individual game (instance) identification, video or other evidence? What evidence is necessary before a complaint is considered "valid"? What complaints are considered "not valid" ? How is the decision made in each case, please ?

How do you confirm that a complaint is "well-founded" after the complaint is judged to be "valid" by your rules of content and evidence?

Do you have a member of staff designated to investigate complaints against DayZ 'public' game administrators?

As you are aware: DayZ games hired as 'public' but run as 'private' by your client, cause you loss of direct revenue. Do you consider, or estimate, the loss of revenue to your company, as a standard action in your investigation of DayZ 'public' instance misuse ?

Thank you in advance.

============

Dear sir,

I will be grateful if you could give me the following information:

Note: Public knowledge of this information will be very helpful to your clients, and to all DayZ game users.

It will enhance your reputation as a serious and trustworthy Server Provider with an adequate and efficient support service.

Around 2 million users of the DayZ game have considered, at one time or another, if they should hire their own instance, and there is always interest expressed in which Server Provider gives the worst or the best service.

Therefore:

What is your procedure for DayZ game instance identification (when the DayZ 'listed name' is changed frequently), please ? Is each complaint automatically filed permanently with the client information dossier?

Is that complaint then tagged "valid"/"invalid" after it is investigated? Is it deleted?

Is the complaint dealt with on a case by case basis and not filed with the client information?

Is it deleted a set time after an automatic response is sent out, even if it has not been seen by a staff member? Does it remain currant until it has been tagged as "seen" by a staff member ?

Do you pro-actively enforce your rules for Serve Providers, or are actions taken only on the basis of registered complaints?

Is the administrator of the DayZ "public" game, hired from your company, informed of each or any complaint ?
If not, at what point and for what reason do you decide when to inform your client?

If I receive an automated reply to this e-mail, how should I proceed, please ?
Please do take into account the first paragraph of this communication, where I note that the information I am seeking is not included in your TOS or any other online information.

Are complaints always treated by individual staff who personally read the complaint? Is a staff member designated to deal with DayZ complaints which are a special case, involving a specific agreement with Bohemi International unlike any other agreement you have with other Game Design rights-holders?

Are complaints automatically treated and logged, until a specific number of complaints against one DayZ game have been received, before they are passed to the personal, non-automated attention of a staff member?
If this is the case, what is that number please?

What delay can I expect before having a non-automated reply, please?

What is your procedure for dealing with incidents, please?
Do you receive complaints from Bohemia International concerning the administration of DayZ game instances on your servers ?
If so, do you send an automated reply to BI ?

My understanding is: When you signed with BI as a Server Provider for DayZ SA you understood (and state in your publicity) that special rules apply to DayZ, so that it cannot be run by your service following the standard actions applicable to all other games you provide on your servers. ie - Your agreed responsibilities in overseeing the correct use of your DayZ instances are different from any other games on your server.

This being the case (please correct me if I am mistaken):
What special service is in place with your staff, to ensure this agreement is adhered to? What agreed actions must they undertake in this special case?
What, if any, is your undertaking to BI, to ensure compliance and show verification that their games are not misused according to your agreement with them?

Thank you for your attention,

Client
========================

That's it.

xx PILGRIM

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

My position has not changed, however I am interested in the discussion and getting an idea of how our members feel at this time in development concerning the problem, that is why the Topic is still alive,

I have also mentioned and reported the situation to the Devs.

Appreciate you weighing in on this one, Bone. Always good to know BI is aware. =3

• Like 2

The only issue i see with in game server reporting is asshats rage reporting servers. Having it somewhat difficult cuts that out. However, we have an epidemic of join=kick servers that with even the lightest of monitoring should be easy to weed out.

tbh it's not much of an issue to me, I play either private or high pop.

The only issue i see with in game server reporting is asshats rage reporting servers. Having it somewhat difficult cuts that out. However, we have an epidemic of join=kick servers that with even the lightest of monitoring should be easy to weed out.

tbh it's not much of an issue to me, I play either private or high pop.

If one person only reports a server, leave it alone ... if five people report it, have a closer look. That's not perfect, but it's maybe a 95% thing. The current procedure is a 5% thing, so we are not getting anywhere. Join/kick servers ARE an epidemic.

Actually I even prefer those, who have it in name - many just do it without having it in name, so it's more likely 5 to 10 times as many servers ... it's easy to do your maths then - and easy to see how "well" the reporting system has worked to date.

• Like 1

If one person only reports a server, leave it alone ... if five people report it, have a closer look. That's not perfect, but it's maybe a 95% thing. The current procedure is a 5% thing, so we are not getting anywhere. Join/kick servers ARE an epidemic.

Actually I even prefer those, who have it in name - many just do it without having it in name, so it's more likely 5 to 10 times as many servers ... it's easy to do your maths then - and easy to see how "well" the reporting system has worked to date.

Yep that's a good idea

• Like 1

I joined "Cool Server - Vilayer" spawned checked the server list and there were 4 members of some clan. I ran about 10 feet through some trees and was kicked. I waited about 90 seconds and tried to join another server I play on quite a bit with about 10 players online, turns out my character was dead. So either they saw me zone in kicked me and killed me. Or you can lose your character when kicked... Either way f those guys. 

^

ok ryanincalgary I hear you dude, but -  please don't complain about 1 actual server incident on this thread otherwise it will be shut down - IMO

Complain they way you should ATM, send in a complaint to Vilayer.

Because it's a good thing to have a thread stay open to discuss on What To Do About the whole problem.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

economics, timezones, staff,

- what IS a GSP ? the stuff you need to know to  - the explanation of why this system is not working as it was intended:

- click on each sheet if you want to read it full size  -

2ue6uck.jpg

23jms6u.jpg

10frlus.jpg

10y0vpg.jpg

o6l836.jpg

[edit:] in case anyone wants the main links in the text above, without having to type them out:

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/07997934/vilayer-ltd
http://www.endole.co.uk/company/06638175/gamingdeluxe-limited
http://www.endole.co.uk/company/03370594/multiplay-uk-limited
www.gov.uk/government/organisations/companies-house
http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/internet-gaming/clan-servers-hosting-llc-in-matawan-nj-13001206/  //  http://www.aninowsky.com

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 3

I don't care how big those companies are.  I only care that they are doing their due-diligence to properly administer the services that they were paid to provide, in a manner consistent with their agreements with BI.  If they cannot afford to turn a profit without allowing rampant abuse of the server rental system, these companies simply should not continue to exist in such a manner.

If their agreement does not include making sure that their paying clients are adhering to the published server hosting rules, we need to forcefully lobby BI to include this in their contracts.

If their agreement does include making sure that their paying clients are adhering to the server hosting rules, they are failing to perform the services that they were contracted to perform, and in the interest of their customer base, BI should discontinue their patronage of such companies until such a time as they can fully honor their agreements.

It is not rocket science.  A twelve-year-old has the capability to understand that something is not right about this.  BI, and server hosting companies are both making money, while the paying customers are forced to navigate a server list full of prohibited names and behaviors.

guys calm your t*ts, these responses are just a confirmation that the ticket is being handled, it OF COURSE takes some time for the server hosters to reply, they aren't anxiously awaiting emails from DayZ users...

give them a day or two time, jeez...

oh, and btw, this is also why joining public hive servers is just asking to get killed by players who take their two minutes to restock on private hives private servers with public hive connection with tents full of gear at every coastal spawnpoint

the whole "allowing people to host public hive servers" idea is just one big flaw

Edited by Zombo

..//..

this is also why joining public hive servers is just asking to get killed by players who take their two minutes to restock on private hives with tents full of gear at every coastal spawnpoint

..//..

'scuse - that was the bit I didn't understand

Because  - people who play on private hives and restock in 2 minutes cant take that gear to public hives.

So when you say "private hives" I guess you mean  - "public hives where the admin kicks everybody so he can use it just like a private hive - but then he can also go play on other public hives when he's geared up from his safe stash"

Edited by pilgrim

'scuse - that was the bit I didn't understand

Because  - people who play on private hives and restock in 2 minutes cant take that gear to public hives.

So when you say "private hives" I guess you mean  - "public hives where the admin kicks everybody so he can use it just like a private hive - but then he can also go play on other public hives when he's geared up from his safe stash"

yeah, thats exactly what i meant, private servers connected to the public hive^^

• Like 1

On 18/1/2016 at 9:02 PM, ZomboWTF said:

yeah, thats exactly what i meant, private servers connected to the public hive^^

Yep, well there are really a lot of them.

I checked all over the internet and I never found even one complaint or one message from ANY server owner who had his server closed for abuse. Never. Zero. Can you people find me one?

You ALL know this - If someone had his server closed down for playing DayZ the way he wants to (kicking people)  he'd be shouting about it - on this forum, on reddit. all over the web.

But - total silence - NO ONE has EVER had sanctions taken against them because of the way they run their public hive server. It does NOT happen.

If I'm wrong, show me.

This is the way DayZ is played right now - a REAL lot of people WANT to play it this way. They loot up, kick other players, play on the public hive, and they turn their server off when they are not online so no one can mess with their stashes. They do this because it is a standard way of playing that is ACCEPTED and TOLERATED. This is the real DayZ - you loot up on your own server, you go play PVP on other servers - no danger, no stress, no scarce loot, no survival bullshit - the players who want to play "the real game" are suckers.

Does anyone KNOW any server owner who was sanctioned for playing this way? - has anyone HEARD of a server being shut down? - Can you find anywhere on the internet ONE complaint from a clan or a server owner about being shut down?

No, ya cant.

If a server vanishes after "complaints" - look again, the dude changed the name of the server. Note his server IP and then check, you'll see the server is still there. Same IP different name string.

I can give you a list of 20 kick-servers in half an hour tonight, just in my region. The only problem is to find one or two straight servers. I can tell you which clans only come on at weekends to gear up and auto-kick everyone while they do it. I can list you the servers that only EVER have one player. I can list you the servers called "private" "kick" and "go f*** yourself".  I can show you the servers that change their name every week. Man this is boring.

The server-exploit is the standard way to play DayZ

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ZomboWTF said:

thanks god there are whitelisted private shards

you going to play DayZ with the same 30 people forever ?

that's kind of  .. .. mini

On 1/18/2016 at 3:02 PM, ZomboWTF said:

Hold on, do you mean private server that says public on the list? but is actually private.

Private servers are allowed to kick.

Since we know the rules, don't confuse the private over public. I know some server ops have an option that labels it as public, but it still is hooked to the private shard.

Vilayer has rules to follow and tell you those rules too, by linking it in your email. They also tell people your not able to kick players. This is a public server half the price of private hive.

Slave shard is different. Its still private but hooked to the master shard. Both are private. Some options say Private, public. I know i had them both vilayer and fragnet and a few others.

To know, you join and it shows your same public character. If you join and your on the coast then that is private.

(i know many that just kick by scripts before you even log in) This is also on public.

Edited by sneakydude

13 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Hold on, do you mean private server that says public on the list? but is actually private.

no, i mean public servers that are passworded/autokick/whitelist, in effect servers with private access having the public hive connection

every server is allowed to kick IF IT HAS A REASON, you aren't allowed to kick people from servers that are connected to the public hive like you want, they have to be hacking/exploiting/harrassing other players

Edited by ZomboWTF

As long server admins is allowed to remove or kick players - it will be hard to avoid some sort of abuse for sure.

But I really prefer a private hives like blue waffle or UKA UK alliance, or Anarchy, Vengaard, because of those are quality private servers, and I`ve not noticed or experience any abuse

of admin powers on those particular dayz servers.

I only miss a good quality private night/day server in dayz, but I often play on the experiemental branch servers which have both night/day cycles. 

Edited by ori42