Sign in to follow this  
IgnobleBasterd

Smear yourself with blood

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could drain your killed enemies of blood, and collect it in a bottle. You could drink it. Or you could be naked and cover you body in blood! :D

Edited by IgnobleBasterd
  • Like 3

I agree, but do it realistically, like bleeding an animal. Like you would set up a rack with a collection basin, then tie the feet to the rack so the body is hanging head down, then cut the jugular.

Drinking human blood provides zero nutritional value and the only effect it serves is to get you sick.  There is no benefit to being naked and smeared with human blood.  Absolutely absurd.

• Like 2

Drinking human blood provides zero nutritional value and the only effect it serves is to get you sick.  There is no benefit to being naked and smeared with human blood.  Absolutely absurd.

Horror and psychosis generally don't make sense :)

You can drain your captured enemies of blood in blood bags.....is that good enough for you.

Maybe wait for modding for the "bathing in blood" bit though.......Nurse!!

I think the op needs to wait for a vampire mod or something.. so you may be waiting a long while there matey ^_^

Actually .... fresh blood from an animal is actually rather healthy for you, with about the same nutritional qualities as fresh milk, and a whole slew of vitamins aside. In a survival situation, you don't want to pass up blood from a kill. If you don't want to drink it straight (which I admit is gross), I usually mix it into sausages, or dry it and use it as thickener for soups and such. It actually is rather tasty. You have to drink water with it, as blood has proteins and such, and will cause dehydration through digestive properties. This makes it more of a "food" rather than a "drink"

African cattlemen drink fresh blood from their cows for a reason.

Human blood would be much the same, but if the person had a blood-borne disease, and you had cuts/sores in your mouth/throat, you would get sick. But that would be the only downside (asides from obvious psychosis) 

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=92048

Smearing it all over your face, on the other hand, is stupid. You should feel bad.

Actually .... fresh blood from an animal is actually rather healthy for you, with about the same nutritional qualities as fresh milk, and a whole slew of vitamins aside. In a survival situation, you don't want to pass up blood from a kill. If you don't want to drink it straight (which I admit is gross), I usually mix it into sausages, or dry it and use it as thickener for soups and such. It actually is rather tasty. You have to drink water with it, as blood has proteins and such, and will cause dehydration through digestive properties. This makes it more of a "food" rather than a "drink"

African cattlemen drink fresh blood from their cows for a reason.

Human blood would be much the same, but if the person had a blood-borne disease, and you had cuts/sores in your mouth/throat, you would get sick. But that would be the only downside (asides from obvious psychosis) 

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=92048

Smearing it all over your face, on the other hand, is stupid. You should feel bad.

This is very true, lots of African tribes bleed their cows for sustenance

All of the Maasai’s needs for food are met by their cattle. They eat the meat, drink the milk and on occasion, drink the blood. Bulls, oxen and lambs are slaughtered for meat on special occasions and for ceremonies. [Though] the Maasai’s entire way of life has historically depended on their cattle... more recently, with their cattle dwindling, the Maasai have grown dependent on food such as sorghum, rice, potatoes and cabbage (known to the Maasai as goat leaves).[39]

I would prefer red body paint over covering yourself in blood. Drinking blood? Maybe... but rather animal blood.

I think the op needs to wait for a vampire mod or something.. so you may be waiting a long while there matey ^_^

Nobody would play a vampire mod as everyone is already way too afraid of the dark. Unless it is a sparkly vampire mod - but that wouldn't be cool.

OP is talking about human blood.  Not drinking animal blood.  There is a difference.  Drinking animal blood is totally off topic.  Human blood is not nutritional at all.  Animal blood is a different story.

• Like 1

Why would you do that?

Do you have a deathwish?

Honestly, if you found yourself in a post apocalyptic world and you just had to kill another human, would you even consider taking blood from him?

You have no idea what kind of illness he could have, you have no way of keeping it sterile and as soon as he dies the blood will start to coagulate and break down, becoming toxic over time.

Covering yourself in blood would also result in you becoming sick and atracting millions of insects, which will eat it, lay eggs in it and shit in it!

If you have any kind of scratches or wounds (which you would have after surviving in a post apocalyptic world) you would get infections very fast.

Gonna have to say no, this idea is beyond insane tbh and would be a waste of development time.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

Why would you do that?

Do you have a deathwish?

Honestly, if you found yourself in a post apocalyptic world and you just had to kill another human, would you even consider taking blood from him?

You have no idea what kind of illness he could have, you have no way of keeping it sterile and as soon as he dies the blood will start to coagulate and break down, becoming toxic over time.

Covering yourself in blood would also result in you becoming sick and atracting millions of insects, which will eat it, lay eggs in it and shit in it!

If you have any kind of scratches or wounds (which you would have after surviving in a post apocalyptic world) you would get infections very fast.

Gonna have to say no, this idea is beyond insane tbh and would be a waste of development time.

But it's not a question of whether you should. But in real life, you COULD.

It's a player driven game, give people the option to be crazy and stupid

• Like 1

But it's not a question of whether you should. But in real life, you COULD.

It's a player driven game, give people the option to be crazy and stupid

You have a point there for sure.

I just dont feel like its a good feature to spend time developing, when theres so much else to do.

Hello there

I dunno if any of you have delt with quantities of human blood but it coagulates (dries) very quickly, turns brown and cracks so you wont get a "Carrie" effect for long.

Its also initially very sticky and smelly.

Think of blood like guns in films, looking cool but not always realistic.

Oh, and dont forget disease vectors.

Still, it *is* a game and who knows what could happen?

Animal blood *can* be nutritious.

Also no need to go to Africa for animal blood food. We eat it here.

Black Pudding anyone?

Rgds

LoK

ITT: a bunch of people that haven't fucked around with blood in real life... and probably have never even been in a fight.

This is a survival game, not a psychopath simulator. WTF, man. No. Just no.

• Like 2

OP is talking about human blood.  Not drinking animal blood.  There is a difference.  Drinking animal blood is totally off topic.  Human blood is not nutritional at all.  Animal blood is a different story.

WHAT ABOUT PERIOD BLOOD ?

• Like 1

You have a point there for sure.

I just dont feel like its a good feature to spend time developing, when theres so much else to do.

He doesn't have a point. This being a game, the amount of possible player actions will always be extremely limited compared to RL. "Because you could possibly do it in RL" is not a good enough reason to spend time implementing something. Terrible idea.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could drain your killed enemies of blood, and collect it in a bottle. You could drink it. Or you could be naked and cover you body in blood! :D

It would be "awesome" if you were 13, maybe.

• Like 1

Drinking/eating animal blood I can understand, but covering yourself in blood seems incredibly unrealistic. It's honestly tantamount to that post-apocalyptic trope where people cover themselves in pots and pans and leather rags and call themselves 'raiders'. It's stupid. Nobody is going to react that way mere weeks following the downfall of society. Cannibalism arises out of necessity. Only the most mentally unstable Ed Gein types would douse themselves in the blood of their victims, and those people - would you know it - aren't all that common. 'Player freedoms' is a cop-out argument. "We should be able to skip and frolic from location to location, because player freedoms." "We should be able to smear vomit on walls, because player freedoms." "We should be able to sew people together because I am secretly Joseph Menge... ah, I mean playerfreedoms.exe."

Reminds me of that slew of "we should be able to rape players and wear their heads as trophies" posts from a while back. Not as bad as that, I'll grant, but almost as stupid.

• Like 2