boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Apparently someone found my stash and left only medical scrubs, protector cases and my barrels there :D

fucker didnt even leave a note!

rip my m4s hunting outfits etc

Edited by jayfkay

Once helicopters are introduced, the camps located in the debug area will become extremely vulnerable. In fact, due to the lack of cover, any movement in the debug area will be extremely risky.

Still, I can't help but to grin at the thought of a couple of AI controlled A-10 Thunderbolts patrolling the DMZ debug zone. This would be waaay more fun than completely closing off the debug area. It would be great fun to chase hostages out into debug and then sit back and watch the show. :D

Come get some!

Even without choppers it's dicey.  Saw a truck driving out into the DMZ (lol), didn't chase him on foot as I would have been roadkill once he turned around.

Apparently someone found my stash and left only medical scrubs, protector cases and my barrels there :D

fucker didnt even leave a note!

rip my m4s hunting outfits etc

Barrels?!?  I keep finding camps and stealing ONLY their barrels.  Those things are pretty easy to hide, have a high capacity, and can be used for crafting.  Rather have barrels than trucks or tents.

• Like 1

Our developers, who art in Prague, hallowed be thy code. Thy zombies come, Hicks' will be done, in Chernarus as it is in Nespeny's head. Give us this day our next experimental and forgive us our impatience as we forgive those who server hop the military bases (not really). 

• Like 7

I'm shutting down my server "Welcome to the Jungle Community Supported Public DayZ" and wanted to post that here in case anybody has gear stored on it. It will go offline on Friday. 

Just FYI folks. thanks. 

• Like 6

28 September St. Wenceslas Day (Czech Statehood Day)

In 935, St. Wenceslas, Duke of Bohemia, now patron of the Czech State, was murdered by his brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems like Thursday but I'm thinking Friday for 0.59.... I really just want any build with infected but I fear that may be as much as another month away.

Edited by BioHaze

I'm shutting down my server "Welcome to the Jungle Community Supported Public DayZ" and wanted to post that here in case anybody has gear stored on it. It will go offline on Friday. 

Just FYI folks. thanks. 

Thank you for your contributions to the DayZ player community, your realm shall be missed.

Also what a pal to let everyone know, props to you.

28 September St. Wenceslas Day (Czech Statehood Day)

In 935, St. Wenceslas, Duke of Bohemia, now patron of the Czech State, was murdered by his brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems like Thursday but I'm thinking Friday for 0.59.... I really just want any build with infected but I fear that may be as much as another month away.

it most be thursday because i remember eugen said holidays come sooner this week in prague(where they are, spell wrong maybe) because public holiday. so friday most be the holiday. so it most be thursday, right?

it most be thursday because i remember eugen said holidays come sooner this week in prague(where they are, spell wrong maybe) because public holiday. so friday most be the holiday. so it most be thursday, right?

naa, it was yesterday holiday in prag, because of this there was no internal update for 4 days.

eugen stated at twitter no exp. update today or tomorrow but this week, so if thursday and friday are holidays means no update this week.

SO i wish i am right  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

naa, it was yesterday holiday in prag, because of this there was no internal update for 4 days.

eugen stated at twitter no exp. update today or tomorrow but this week, so if thursday and friday are holidays means no update this week.

SO i wish i am right  :rolleyes:

Ah okey then, anyways it can not be more than 4 days right ? xD

Ah okey then, anyways it can not be more than 4 days right ? xD

only the pizza monster and eugene will know  ^_^

• Like 1

You have to paint it black.

Yeah, thanks, I don't know why I said green.  Can you paint it back, add the attachments then paint it Green?  Will that work?  A pain in the ass if it does...

Edited by Barnabus

Yeah, thanks, I don't know why I said green.  Can you paint it back, add the attachments then paint it Green?  Will that work?  A pain in the ass if it does...

Nope. When you relog, the bipod and flashlight will detach themselves.

• Like 2

no exp update today :( and also not tomorrow :( :(

https://twitter.com/eugenharton/with_replies

I am Scubamac and I try to not be that much of a pain in the ass.  "Next week" was good enough for me..  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm in dire need of an update, too. Played a lot of 0.58, but ultimately I reinstalled the mods, because I needed a bit more action. Oh and there was a video where they show the little bird flying over an empty map in the SA. Not impressed guys, not impressed by that :)

Zombies in 0.59 would be really nice, after what - 3 months without zombies in a zombie survival game. But we'll get them back in 0.60, I guess? And then they will be removed for 0.61 again, and so on ;) Bring it on! 

Revisiting mods is good! I'm quite happy about the different pace and feeling between mod and standalone. However, I am also puzzled about the few gameplay options we still have in the SA today. After all, the Alpha introduced new content and mechanics for almost two years now. Yet, there still is nothing to do. Or it doesn't work, is superfluous or is annoying to do. Your pick. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Thank you for your contributions to the DayZ player community, your realm shall be missed.

Also what a pal to let everyone know, props to you.

Thanks man. I'll still be around  these forums and playing Experimental. I just can't justify the cost right now of running a public server until the game further develops and like others on here, I too long for an update as I simply have run out of things to do in stable. I'm PVP'd out at the moment, hunting is well.....pointless if I can't eat what I kill, and......well there just isn't more to do right now sadly :( 

Love this game and look forward to the future of DayZ and i'll be sad not to see "Welcome to the Jungle" in the server list, but if all goes well, i'll start the server back up early next year if all goes well with the progress of this game. 

Thanks for all the kind words folks. If I can help you to get any gear off the server, I am willing to help. I have 4 trucks stored right now at my "camp" that I'd be willing to share the location of if a truck will help you to get to your gear faster.  :thumbsup:  :beans:

• Like 9

I'm guessing this just happened to everyone, but I just crashed to desktop twice while in game along with everyone in my TS.

Update?

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Yep game is toast, watching streamers as well as myself crash constantly.

I'm guessing this just happened to everyone, but I just crashed to desktop twice while in game along with everyone in my TS.

Update?

What was the error message? Or was there none?

It doesn't seem to be effecting everybody; Blackout is streaming currently and I have not seen him complain of it. Have not been watching him for terribly long so if he does crash I'll edit this post.  

Also I did notice this past Sunday and yesterday that people were timing out from my dayz server trying to connect. They were on TS and not having issues with that connection but had to try a few times to connect to the DayZ server. 

Edited by The Riddler

What was the error message? Or was there none?

It doesn't seem to be effecting everybody; Blackout is streaming currently and I have not seen him complain of it. Have not been watching him for terribly long so if he does crash I'll edit this post.  

Also I did notice this past Sunday and yesterday that people were timing out from my dayz server trying to connect. They were on TS and not having issues with that connection but had to try a few times to connect to the DayZ server. 

I didn't see any message, I just went straight to desktop. There is probably a log of it somewhere but I really wouldn't know where to look for it. It hasn't happened in the past 10-15 mins or so though. But it happened multiple times to each of us.

That's a bummer but glad it has seemed to stop.

Its always a good thing to report it to the Dev's via the feedback tracker (https://feedback.dayz.com/) as i'm sure they have a log. 

Just make sure to provide the server name and IP so they can investigate it since it all happened to you at once several times. Also if you know the server owner see if they had DART running at the time this happened. It runs a log of its own showing who connects, disconnects as well as chat including BEC messages. That would also be useful to the Dev's.