Sign in to follow this  
Shiva_O

Would you support global chat being a sever option?

I would.

With no mic, and no friends, running across fields get's very lonely for me :(

Admins could have the ability to mute racist people, trolls etc.

I know it wont happen, but meh, i'd have it happily.

i think that the radios support textchat  - you'll spawn with one in next stable

• Like 1

Yes. Radios should alleviate the communication problem a bit but this game is pretty boring when you are alone. I just hope the radios don't require a batteries...

It can be lonely when playing alone. Why not hop on a server that supplies a TeamSpeak? Or look at all the posts here about players looking for others to play with? There are options.

i think that the radios support textchat  - you'll spawn with one in next stable

On the next, next stable, maybe.

Looking forward to the long range radios that were mentioned but everyone having access to global on you're average high pop pvp fest server would be racists, homophobic, hate speech overload.   

Edited by BCBasher

No, global chat ruined the mods immersion and spontaneity of meeting other players ... Before it was "I'm in Cherno who else" and a bunch of people stalking the ones that gave out locations... Now it's "is anyone in there? Friendly?" Outcome varies but it's always more exciting than the first example (which was the mod).

I wouldn't really care if it was an option(to each his own) but I certainly wouldn't have it turned on. Sidechat was a moderation headache with all kinds of trolling among other ridiculous things, nevermind being an immersion breaker as well.

Radios are to be the new Side Chat anyway so I don't see it becoming an option tbh.

On the next, next stable, maybe.

Looking forward to the long range radios that were mentioned but everyone having access to global on you're average high pop pvp fest server would be racists, homophobic, hate speech overload.   

aka: barrens chat

• Like 1

aka: barrens chat

Never played WoW, had to google that lol.

• Like 1

lol you pretty much nailed it with your description. 

• Like 1

lol you pretty much nailed it with your description. 

I have 4 kids and their friends at my house at any given time, I turn up DayZ to block out that charming banter.

I definitely don't want to listen to an amplified sqeee! enhanced version while I'm enjoying time in my "happy place". 

• Like 1

I have 4 kids and their friends at my house at any given time, I turn up DayZ to block out that charming banter.

I definitely don't want to listen to an amplified sqeee! enhanced version while I'm enjoying time in my "happy place". 

lol i tried playing one time on teamspeak to chat with some guys i met ingame. they were in another part of the map and i was trying to talk to someone ingame but the ts chatter was so loud i couldn't hear anything the dude infront of me was saying so i had to mute ts. that was only with 3 or 4 others on ts. imagine what it would sound like with 49 other people.

• Like 1

I was king of Barrens Chat. Hard to imagine, right?

• Like 1

IMO 

NO NO NO

this is the ONLY and i mean ONLY feature of DAYZ which makes it SUPERIOR to every other game

NO GLOBAL CHAT.

the second you put in chat like mod/arma im out. its so dumb. running around cherno apocalypse styles settings. realism, immersion + barrens chat twelvies or sidechan voice. 

JUST NO!

EDIT*

there is walky talky if u want to global. funny thing is no one uses it.

what I would like to see is, some incentive or some application control over your soundcard so you cannot use "default device" in dayz if you loaded it in use for ts3/vent
if you loaded dayz with default device. dayz would take sole control (yes there are options for this) of your recording default device. making people only able to talk in vacinity and radio + battery if they have friends on the same server. sick of 5-6 man teams of silence. chitter chatter across the map. but hey you could call ts3/vent a "ghost radio" system any how so. meh. each to their own. 

Edited by Cr4cksh0t

Text Only Chat - Yes

NOT global mike chat

Global mike chat in DayZ Mod was always full of drunks, swearing, telling their mate what an shitty-obscene day they had at work, talking bullshit non-stop like they were in a bar, shouting into in the kitchen to argue with their wives, yelling at the dog, cursing the kids, and in the background playing totally crap music on really crap sound systems.

Everyone who wants global voice chat in DayZ SA right NOW is already on TS3 straight from login - they are team or "friend only" players - they never 'meet' other players except face to face -  they don't want to meet other players generally... and 98% they do not want YOU on their teamspeak, for sure.

BUT

Text chat worked pretty well in DayZ Mod (turn it off completely or turn off the players you don't want to hear, so that's easily sorted)

To say long-distance text chat is unrealistic is just plain silly when everyone and his kid brother have ts3.

And hey - NO - I don't want to join a group, a clan, a gang of mates, whatever.. I'm a solo player. But sometimes I want to talk across a REGION, not from 3 yards away. (There are many reasons for this, if you play DayZ you know them already).

So - just an idea that CAN be implemented by the DZ team -  let's make everyone happy (realistic players and unrealistic players) and say: 

If you have a radio you have access to Global Text Chat without having to change channels, etc..

hmm ? Just to see what that does to the game

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 4

lol i tried playing one time on teamspeak to chat with some guys i met ingame. they were in another part of the map and i was trying to talk to someone ingame but the ts chatter was so loud i couldn't hear anything the dude infront of me was saying so i had to mute ts. that was only with 3 or 4 others on ts. imagine what it would sound like with 49 other people.

that's why global text > global voice

• Like 2