Nerusix

Never ever friendly again

I have a really good method to test if a player is really friendly or not in 30 seconds or even less, but I don't want to share this, because then more people are going to know and those who aren't really friendly will actually know the trick and act accordingly.

But I can give you one advise, people who yell they are friendly are the ones I keep my guard on, if they yell, that means they're actually stressed. I never say I'm friendly unless I am directly asked if I am or not, I say hi, I ACT friendly. I BE friendly.

I actually got a post similiar to this, gonna quote that if I can find it. Here you go:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224404-problem-with-saying-friendly/?p=2256211

Edited by Yazar8

LOL at anyone thinking there's friendlies in this game.

That's why all the blackout videos and so forth are so obviously staged.

LOL at people having your attitude.. I am friendly in game, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, if I get killed so be it, looting up is my favorite part of the experience anyways.. I refuse to just be a KOS douche and ruin other peoples games just because some people out there are dicks...

• Like 3

I'm never ever fucking friendly again.

Was fully geared with an aug and a random guy came up to me.

Protocoll; random guy came up to me;

he; "HI I'm friendly man!?"

me;"ahoi, I'm friendly too".

he;"Wanna team up?"

me;"Sure thing man :)"

*We talked like 20min and actually had fun* BUT

then he said"Your char looks really cool, can you show me your middle finger for a screenshot "?

I was so stupid and really thought he was friendly and said yes.

What happend? He shot me in my head.

-____-

From this point on, i'm a fucking ramboo and destroy everyone and everything.

Get ready bitches and always check your back muhahaha 

Meh. No grit. You got played, get over it. Operator error, the end.

It doesn't matter what you had on you and how trustworthy the guy seemed , don't get mad at these situations and try to learn something from the experience each time ! If someone is having fun with you ask for their steam name to friend up , chances are he wont want to if he has intentions of killing you ... Always be careful and never let someone else (even a trusted "Aquaintance") tell you what to do if it puts you in a more vulnerable position than they !

Excellent advice.
Edited by Weyland Yutani

There is no incentive to NOT kill someone in this game. I would love an introduction of a bounty system of sorts maybe, bounty hunting would be fun. 

There is no incentive to NOT kill someone in this game. I would love an introduction of a bounty system of sorts maybe, bounty hunting would be fun.

Obviously there is an incentive- actually engaging in a memorable experience/adventure/conversation etc. what you mean to say is there is more risk in not killing on sight. A minor difference but an important one

• Like 3

To anyone in this discussion who thinks there's not enough friendly interaction, and wants more:

Go sign up for dayzrp. That's just about all they do over there.

You quit easy.

I agree good sir. I think murdering him in-game will be a pleasure. 

• Like 1

I agree good sir. I think murdering him in-game will be a pleasure. 

the weak are going to be sorted out, and will become what killed them

damn, even without zombies this game has an infectious gameplay element

Most of  the good in-game friends I have, I met through the trading thread. It's a good, structured way of meeting people. If someone decides to shoot someone else - either at the trade or later - they will get marked down and have difficulty trading again (vide my sig).

Happened to me loads of times, now i'm rambo unless i actually know the person :)

I'm never ever fucking friendly again.

Was fully geared with an aug and a random guy came up to me.

Protocoll; random guy came up to me;

he; "HI I'm friendly man!?"

me;"ahoi, I'm friendly too".

he;"Wanna team up?"

me;"Sure thing man :)"

*We talked like 20min and actually had fun* BUT

then he said"Your char looks really cool, can you show me your middle finger for a screenshot "?

I was so stupid and really thought he was friendly and said yes.

What happend? He shot me in my head.

-____-

From this point on, i'm a fucking ramboo and destroy everyone and everything.

Get ready bitches and always check your back muhahaha 

90% of the time it's just easier to kill everyone you see. Anyone that spawns on the coast, and stays there, is looking for trouble. People that want to stay alive, live off the land, and have a PVE playstyle run in-land. Elektro, Berezino, Cherno and anywhere on the coast is KOSland. The small towns in the middle or north of the map, away from the coast, and away from key airfields or military bases, see very little footfall. There are some pretty big towns on the map that you can get everything you need with little to no chance of seeing another player even on a 50/50 server. Also consider that the people you might meet in these towns are playing in a similar fashion to you, not looking to kill, and therefore much more likely to be able to talk to.

This thread must be a troll attempt. I go out looking to get into cutthroat gun battles and all people want to do is talk, talk, talk. It's not nearly as much fun shooting at people unless they're shooting back at me. Happiness is a warm gun, right?

OP: your dilemma boggles my mind and I find it hard to wrap my brain around such a thing. That said, I'm sure that you'll never find like-minded friendly players if you just KOS every time.

Same old story of people confusing being ''friendly'' with trusting someone completely, and then getting screwed. 

You don't need to put his gun in your mouth as a test of ''friendliness''.

My very first encounter was a dude popping up in front of me spooking the shit out of me by shooting a zombie which was charging me from behind. He just asked for some bandages and moved off, leaving me amazed i was still alive.

Later that week in a NWAF barracks i ran into a dude with my gun out, told him to stop for a second, and he just kept walking towards me and telling me to get out of his way, with an additude of ''i just don't wanna deal with this bullshit today''. I was so surprised i forgot to shoot him while he ran past me.

Theres loads of non-lethal encounters.

Edited by Greaves

Hello there

Im always friendly and always will be.

I rarely meet anyone though.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Im always friendly and always will be.

I rarely meet anyone though.

Rgds

LoK

Doesn't that get old? I rarely shoot people and i don't really look for gunfights, but it's thrilling to loot semi-popular spots where there's a decent chance of meeting someone.

I played on a RP server, and pretty much everyone was friendly. That eliminated a lot of the thrill, so it got old for me.

Doesn't that get old? I rarely shoot people and i don't really look for gunfights, but it's thrilling to loot semi-popular spots where there's a decent chance of meeting someone.

I played on a RP server, and pretty much everyone was friendly. That eliminated a lot of the thrill, so it got old for me.

Try to stay friendly on a NON-RP-Server, that's the real challenge!

Hello there

Not for me. I find people interesting in general. I want zeds and the environment to be my enemies.

Rdgs

LoK

I want zeds and the environment to be my enemies.

Dearest orlok,

It seems like every time you post, I fall a little more in love with you. No homo. Well....maybe a little homo. Idk.

• Like 2

The only time I talk to somebody is when I have the upper hand, I just tell them if I wanted to kill them they would be dead already, I tell them to keep their gun on their back I don't want any trouble, as soon as they reach for anything I pop em. I've been using thisethos for a few months now and I've had a 99% success rate, only when they have friends do I fail at initiating conversation (maybe twice out of 30 something encounters) I actually made 2 new steam friends this way. You just have to be smart about it, stay calm, and I've slowly began to realize that people are generally friendly, but most of them get jumped and killed so everybody has their guard up. Now in those 30 encounters I've killed probably 7 people who didn't trust me or were KOSers, it baffling that they try to be hostile when I obviously have the upper hand, I understand it's hard to trust people, but I know my intentions which is why I can say with conviction that this method works. I don't ask them for anything, I don't hold them up, I just say hello, see if they need anything, chit chat type of stuff, it's been fun.