kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Please say me you kept the fridge for me? I wanna test that sucker out. :D

Me and Dudester tried a few different things to move it, even brought a truck alongside to try to put it inside but no luck.

There are enough slots in the truck but the fridge is too heavy.

It can be moved in small increments though, about one step at a time, but it's a 3 step process per move and takes a while...

We put a can of food inside it, 

Moved the food over one slot inside the fridge,

Then dragged the fridge around in tabbed view,

And when finally moving the can of food again inside the fridge -   the fridge suddenly moved less than a meter...

We thought about dragging it to the camp using that method, but realized it would take  hours and it might not even stay in the new location through a restart.  :P

• Like 2

ive been around the sobors and kabanino and I'm

Not finding an abundance of loot ... Just odds and ends here and there .. Maybe you are seeing the respawn mechanic working properly ?

Those fridges have been around for awhile now. They are just persistent static global storage containers that anyone can access I believe.

Was this by accident?  Just the other day I was running with a Jerry can in hand, while it was raining. The catch rain / drink all message kept spamming which I found a bit onimous considering what might happen if I accidentally "drank all". 

Yeah, just fat fingered the mouse wheel to drink all

I seem to be seeing doors as closed while my friends see them as open and vice versa.  Is anyone else seeing this? It got me killed just now?

• Like 1

Me and Dudester tried a few different things to move it, even brought a truck alongside to try to put it inside but no luck.

There are enough slots in the truck but the fridge is too heavy.

It can be moved in small increments though, about one step at a time, but it's a 3 step process per move and takes a while...

We put a can of food inside it, 

Moved the food over one slot inside the fridge,

Then dragged the fridge around in tabbed view,

And when finally moving the can of food again inside the fridge -   the fridge suddenly moved less than a meter...

We thought about dragging it to the camp using that method, but realized it would take  hours and it might not even stay in the new location through a restart.  :P

If it's still there in Stable, you better believe I'm dragging it to a camp somewhere ;)

I seem to be seeing doors as closed while my friends see them as open and vice versa.  Is anyone else seeing this? It got me killed just now?

Known issue: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26870

If it's still there in Stable, you better believe I'm dragging it to a camp somewhere ;)

Now if they added chains that you could hook up to the back of the V3S, it would open up a whole new world of possibilities. From dragging heavy object or even players (sick - I know) to towing breken down vehicles. 

• Like 3

Lost two AK 101s to the inventory bug. Don't open food lying on the ground if you don't have inventory space for it and with your gun in your hand, that is how I lost my first AK (and I was not double carrying). My second AK I lost by pressing the X in the inventory, to get it off my hands... I haven't tried to reproduce that though because I need to find another gun now.

Everytime I go meet a friend or a group of them while carrying my gun in hands, it gets holstered by itself when I am about 600-700 meters from them. It is a player detection mechanism atm... From all the times I had it holstered, only twice I couldn't find a player near me, but probably because I was passing through small cities and someone might have been running in the woods as well. I am yet to find someone without my weapon not being holstered by itself 1-3 minutes before.

Cooking still isn't working, I need to try tanning pelt and I haven't had the chance of testing the hypothermia bug, had been wearing a full ghillie until I died yesterday due to a server crash and spawning in the middle of the tents in the NWAF... People have been crashing the hardcore servers every couple hours.

Edited by non-orthodox
  • Like 1

I really need this to get pushed to stable. It's starting to hurt now...

pweeeeeeeas!

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

Yes its in the Bug tracker, if you want to vote it up pls.

Lost two AK 101s to the inventory bug. Don't open food lying on the ground if you don't have inventory space for it and with your gun in your hand, that is how I lost my first AK (and I was not double carrying). My second AK I lost by pressing the X in the inventory, to get it off my hands... I haven't tried to reproduce that though because I need to find another gun now.

Everytime I go meet a friend or a group of them while carrying my gun in hands, it gets holstered by itself when I am about 600-700 meters from them. It is a player detection mechanism atm... From all the times I had it holstered, only twice I couldn't find a player near me, but probably because I was passing through small cities and someone might have been running in the woods as well. I am yet to find someone without my weapon not being holstered by itself 1-3 minutes before.

Cooking still isn't working, I need to try tanning pelt and I haven't had the chance of testing the hypothermia bug, had been wearing a full ghillie until I died yesterday due to a server crash and spawning in the middle of the tents in the NWAF... People have been crashing the hardcore servers every couple hours.

Stuff may spawn at unexpected locations, like outside houses and such. Did u check?

Yes it's been mentioned, I also believe someone mentioned loosing something stashed near one. The reason I mentioned it is it may or may not have triggered an unintentional cleanup of a larger area than just it's own loot.

That was me.  I found the far western crash.  Hid an MP5 in the trees near 005 063 so I could pick up some of the crash loot (I was already pretty loaded down after coming up form Myshinko base).  When I came back a few hours later, the MP5 (and of course the crash) was gone.  Only about 5-7 people on the server - seems unlikely anyone looking for the crash would have gone into the trees where I put it.

Edited by Thurman Merman

I really need this to get pushed to stable. It's starting to hurt now...

pweeeeeeeas!

Do not confuse needs with wants, wishes or desires.

Be patient.

• Like 3

That was me.  I found the far western crash.  Hid an MP5 in the trees near 005 063 so I could pick up some of the crash loot (I was already pretty loaded down after coming up form Myshinko base).  When I came back a few hours later, the MP5 (and of course the crash) was gone.  Only about 5-7 people on the server - seems unlikely anyone looking for the crash would have gone into the trees where I put it.

Did you hide it in a backpack in a tree? My understanding was that guns despawn after 30+ mins.

The loot at the airfield and the amount of people going there, just amazing! I only started playing at the 54 patch so I am not used to that much action. I can honestly say in my 800h of DayZ the little time spent on 58 EXP was the absolute best so far. Perfect patch, literally only the gun glitch needs to be fixed. Hope they manage to without breaking something else.

edit: question doe, where to find optics such as the RV RDS? only helis?

Edited by jayfkay

I used to find them in deer stands. They may be in cop cars as well.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Yeah, I remembered that and it seemed like a 1km radius around the crash site got wiped and then slowly started repopulating.

Did you hide it in a backpack in a tree? My understanding was that guns despawn after 30+ mins.

I left a crossbow stashed on a pile of backpacks the other day and it stayed almost 24 hrs before the persistence wipe yesterday.

Stuff may spawn at unexpected locations, like outside houses and such. Did u check?

Yes, I was inside the same house for about 10 minutes before it happened, it was just gone... I checked everywhere and had friends checking as well...

The loot at the airfield and the amount of people going there, just amazing! I only started playing at the 54 patch so I am not used to that much action. I can honestly say in my 800h of DayZ the little time spent on 58 EXP was the absolute best so far. Perfect patch, literally only the gun glitch needs to be fixed. Hope they manage to without breaking something else.

edit: question doe, where to find optics such as the RV RDS? only helis?

check the unofficial exp. changelog on reddit and you will see that there are some other gamebreaking bugs in the current exp. branch

Do not confuse needs with wants, wishes or desires.

Be patient.

Give us more EXP servers so we can play :)

Give us more EXP servers so we can play :)

I hear ya' but like I've already said a bunch of the gambreaking bug do not manifest on low pop servers. I was having none of the hand bugs or item interaction problems on SNG 0-2 playing at unpopular hours for it's timezone but as soon as the Asians got on their server last night I was having the same shit the high pops have. 

• Like 2

Update 12 broke more than it fixed. Sadly.

*My buddy lost his mosin out of his hands at a fence and it disapeard.

*We both packed our weapons away simultanously. Now we know it was because players showed up. What a bug.

The item handling from the ground is still not perfect. Honestly it would be no thing for me to life with it if we get a stable. But the new loosing weapons bug and those player alert bug are stoppers now. Update 11 was better than 12 and if you really want it was "ok" for stable. We could play for hours and days. This update 12 is not enjoyable. Waiting for the next one. Exp-Servers are also not enough.

Beside all this: No Zs are a killer for the game as intended. dayz is now PvP only because no one has to do/fear anything beside managing his char. so we all get aggressive and "fear" and fight the other players. fun is not absent but limited. simply because you can't talk to anybody anymore. Everybody is only interessted to fight any more. Me too i have to admit and regret.

Edited by Algano

Update 12 broke more than it fixed. Sadly.

*My buddy lost his mosin out of his hands at a fence and it disapeard.

*We both packed our weapons away simultanously. Now we know it was because players showed up. What a bug.

The item handling from the ground is still not perfect. Honestly it would be no thing for me to life with it if we get a stable. But the new loosing weapons bug and those player alert bug are stoppers now. Update 11 was better than 12 and if you really want it was "ok" for stable. We could play for hours and days. This update 12 is not enjoyable. Waiting for the next one. Exp-Servers are also not enough.

Beside all this: No Zs are a killer for the game as intended. dayz is now PvP only because no one has to do/fear anything beside managing his char. so we all get aggressive and "fear" and fight the other players. fun is not absent but limited. simply because you can't talk to anybody anymore. Everybody is only interessted to fight any more. Me too i have to admit and regret.

There are zombies in this build , I saw three today near kabanino / stary sobor and I have proof ! I will post the screenshots later around 11 PM EST when I'm back from work ! Of course it's not a big amount but hey it's all for a more perfect experience in the future ... Also I still meet friendlies , people always think so and so patch "broke interaction" in dayz but that's just laughable , people just have no idea how to approach a situation in the apocalypse and live ....

• Like 1

There are zombies in this build , I saw three today near kabanino / stary sobor and I have proof ! I will post the screenshots later around 11 PM EST when I'm back from work ! Of course it's not a big amount but hey it's all for a more perfect experience in the future ... Also I still meet friendlies , people always think so and so patch "broke interaction" in dayz but that's just laughable , people just have no idea how to approach a situation in the apocalypse and live ....

The patches didn't break interaction but the limited servers are forcing a bunch of kill, die, repeat scrubs into them. Makes it harder to try survival and crafting mechanics with a bunch of lazy peeveepee'ers who need their kills to feel special.

• Like 4