kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Has anyone noticed this before? 

K29xJDj.jpg

5QLLygi.jpg

It's a radio tower that is not marked on izurvive and it clearly has at least the possibility of spawning military loot.

this was my first target before they fixed lootplosions, there were guns, military boots, combat knifes and many nice stuff more.

• Like 1

K29xJDj.jpg

5QLLygi.jpg

It's a radio tower that is not marked on izurvive and it clearly has at least the possibility of spawning military loot.

Is it the one just south of Pulkovo?

Coffee break:

TbTlaHs.jpg

How cool would it be to have caffee in game!? You have to find bag of caffee, grind it, find something to cook it in, a cup, and you get less sway on next 15 minutes as resoult :)

On topic: this build seems stable enough to go stable branch. Devs, get it done and start uploading .59!!!

• Like 6

it´s west from kamarovo, 150m away from that deerstand at the treeline

K29xJDj.jpg

5QLLygi.jpg

Radio towers spawn loot? I have searched the one west of Olsha but it is always empty. I don't know if it's already looted or doesn't spawn anything at all though...

Are smersh vests in the game? Looted mil bases and heli crashes abd have yet to find one.

Are smersh vests in the game? Looted mil bases and heli crashes abd have yet to find one.

Found a smersh and backpack at Mishi mili tents.

I got one from a heli crash.

Radio towers spawn loot? I have searched the one west of Olsha but it is always empty. I don't know if it's already looted or doesn't spawn anything at all though...

This one has a different model from the more common ones that are marked on the DayZ maps. The "regular" ones don't seem to be spawning anything atm.

it´s west from kamarovo, 150m away from that deerstand at the treeline

No, IIRC it's between Vyshnoye and Guglovo not far from a deerstand. That's why I found it in the first place.

And Exp servers are down.

EDIT: Or at least most of them are, including the one I was playing on.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

has anyone dyed the leather sack after the latest update?   i want to see if they fixed the bug but i cant find any animals 

Not sure about the leather sack, but maybe have a look on "Mr. Whiteout" at ~4h 54m:

http://www.twitch.tv/kdwolf77/v/8637345

It seems like that you can dye everything...or at least bleach everything.^^

I play stable branch on a private server and can not wait to built up my camp with the 0.58 update.

Do you think that camps will survive the weekly server maintenance on wednesdays? Or will they just disappear?

Just a screenshot from yesterday when playing on the DE-02 first person server. Two of my favorite "guys" in DayZ in one picture ;-)

2015-08-02_00001_zpsu1vof6vv.jpg

The boar ran in circles around me and the heli. I took four shots with a sawed shotgun on him from ~30 meters. No effect at all. The Blaze did it at the end.

Do you think that camps will survive the weekly server maintenance on wednesdays? Or will they just disappear?

They have wiped server storage only without wiping characters a couple times on Experimental. Awhile back, they did say they were going to separate player items from the regular item persistence structure so that we wouldn't have to pack up camp every Wednesday. While they haven't come forward and said definitively that this has been accomplished, it would seem that it has. Hicks recently provided a list of what items are set to persist for how long on the next Stable update. Look for an official word on this though come Tuesday.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

They have wiped server storage only without wiping characters a couple times on Experimental. Awhile back, they did say they were going to separate player items from the regular item persistence structure so that we wouldn't have to pack up camp every Wednesday. While they haven't come forward and said definitively that this has been accomplished, it would seem that it has. Hicks recently provided a list of what items are set to persist for how long on the next Stable update. Look for an official word on this though come Tuesday.

My thanks to you ColdAtrophy. I mean I read about what Brian wrote:

Fortunately, players can now create camps and store their supplies and weapons at them during their treks

across Chernarus. Different containers / objects have different lifetimes. Currently, they operate as follows:

- Medium Tent (Pitched): 45 Days

- Military Tent (Pitched): 45 Days

- Car Tent (Pitched): 45 Days

- Barrels: 45 Days

- Ammo Boxes: 45 Days

- Protector Cases: 45 Days

- Backpacks (All types): 3 Days

Current functionality on experimental does not allow for refreshing the lifetime of an object without picking it up,

so tents and barrels were set to a lifetime that will cover the time to .59 + some safety room in case of .59 stable

blockers. Once .59 is pushed to stable, we will support the refresh of a base objects lifetime via interacting with it

(moving, placing, picking up any item inside it) - which will operate as follows:

- Medium Tent (Pitched): 7 Days

- Military Tent (Pitched): 7 Days

- Car Tent (Pitched): 7 Days

- Barrels: 7 Days

- Ammo Boxes: 7 Days

- Protector Cases: 7 Days

- Backpacks (All types): 3 Days

But, but I still can not really believe it and see it happen.^^ That would be such a milestone for gameplay!

• Like 1

But, but I still can not really believe it and see it happen.^^ That would be such a milestone for gameplay!

I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way the first time I saw the loot respawning working like it should.

found a v3s, it's out of fuel :( fixed the broken tyre, found a canteen filled it with fuel but can't find an option to get the fuel in the v3s. Does anyone know how to refuel the truck or is it bugged?

Persistence through maintenance was already working in 0.55.

So the answer will be yes, camps will stay persistent after the maintenance.

found a v3s, it's out of fuel :( fixed the broken tyre, found a canteen filled it with fuel but can't find an option to get the fuel in the v3s. Does anyone know how to refuel the truck or is it bugged?

As far as I know, it is currently bugged. Edited by IMT

By the way, here are the screenshots of last week-end (saturday and sunday).

Mj50cun.jpg

Looting a house at night with a torch.

OUJGZc0.jpg

Checking the van for loot.

o48Amsm.jpg

Found an infected, killed it afterwards of course.

VeU5rJW.jpg

Making some food, my name should be The Chef Cook. :lol:

zUg9YVl.jpg

Tatanko cooking some pumpkin slices, for science!

jSy6BnV.jpg

Doing some fishing, told you The Chef Cook.

AFeN9de.jpg

Dudester100 rolling through my cooked fish while it's cooling off.

i2oJZis.jpg

Here is the proof that I killed the Fox.

What does the Fox say? It said *ieeehuuu*. :lol:

mr6TynW.jpg

This infected scared the shit out of me. I was heading to Myshkino tents and saw this infected when I came out of the woods.

I thought it was a player at first so I hit the deck.

GNhTCGL.jpg

Chilling with Dudester100 at the camp after my trip to the Myshkino tents.

• Like 4

Two questions:

1) Can you fill a barrel with water from a well or is it possible for it to fill with rainwater?

2) Where are people finding the Winchester? I feel like I've pretty thoroughly looted (ask Biohaze about my OCD with looting) approximately half of the map now looking for one and I can't seem to find one.

Two questions:

1) Can you fill a barrel with water from a well or is it possible for it to fill with rainwater?

2) Where are people finding the Winchester? I feel like I've pretty thoroughly looted (ask Biohaze about my OCD with looting) approximately half of the map now looking for one and I can't seem to find one.

I have tried to fill it at a water pump but that didn't work, haven't tried rain.
  • Like 1

Two questions:

1) no, if u "use Pump" there pops up an message "you can´t fill barrel or it´s already full" 

2) normal civilian houses that spawn the other civ. guns too, sometimes there are "tons" of Winchester and then for somedays not an single one.

but it´s dayz, you will never find what you are looking for ^_^

• Like 1

Two questions:

I've have not been able to, even tried filling it in a pond.

Two questions:

Dudester said he's seen several inside the broken down buses, I found one in the front seat of the car in Tisy.

• Like 1

As far as I know, it is currently bugged.

I put fuel in a V3S using a PET bottle this build.  Same mechanic as previously, approach passenger side tank with bottle in hand.