kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Being able to mark the map and a watch in game would be a nice addition for me to let go of my dependence on my smartphone. 

Yeah, I would love a wrist watch with a timer alarm, so I can shut the game off instead of losing track of time.

I've eaten 3 cereal boxes and no compass :(

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 3

Yeah, I would love a wrist watch with a timer alarm, so I can shut the game off instead of losing track of time.

I've eaten 3 cereal boxes and no compass :(

Some beans on behalf of my wife, she seems to think there's a big difference between fifteen more minutes and two hours.  

• Like 2

For one, I can confirm that the plastic compass that was added in 0.54 doesn't spawn, at all.

Could be right (that it has never spawned), but I think we should take the Devs words on these matters and just leave it at that.

They see the numbers and probability in the code. They are trying to set the random values to the point that it barely ever spawns. We only have handful of experimental servers, maybe a M4 has never spawned yet, doesn't mean that it cannot spawn.

So just give feedback, which means keep searching and communicate what you have found to be true. No one person can confirm something doesn't spawn, just by playing.

I want to play a game where no one person has a right to an item just by searching.

• Like 7

Could be right (that it has never spawned), but I think we should take the Devs words on these matters and just leave it at that.

They see the numbers and probability in the code. They are trying to set the random values to the point that it barely ever spawns. We only have handful of experimental servers, maybe a M4 has never spawned yet, doesn't mean that it cannot spawn.

So just give feedback, which means keep searching and communicate what you have found to be true. No one person can confirm something doesn't spawn, just by playing.

I want to play a game where no one person has a right to an item just by searching.

The thing is, loot tables are really screwed right now, as they are a work in progress. This is fairly easy to understand. Like the camo/prison building: Right now it doesn't spawn anything, so that the problem with glitchers can be avoided, temporarily. But many other buildings don't have anything assigned in terms of loot that can spawn in them. Some of them intentional (like the vehicles : UAZ, Ural, tanks, etc.) but others just seem to have been forgotten. I remember hearing Hicks talking to René (Toverlag/Barely Infected), TheRunningManZ, SuperFTlol and a few others about the M4 specifically. Of course he wanted rare items to be rare, but eventually he don't want them bound to a specific building. Quoting: "Who knows, eventually you could find that elusive M4 in a barn."

That being said, when you play with a small community of scientists trying to figure how the game works, it's really hard to pass by some things. I can confirm that the plastic compass doesn't share the old compass spawn points. 

I'm with you on that, taking the devs words on those matter, but they don't give us info on that matter. (Usually they only say we're "wrong" and we should stop spreading false info, instead of giving the right info, which can be frustrating at times.)  <_<

• Like 6

If you're referring to the VSS or the Red9, those items are listed by the Wiki.. If they are not done yet, then it's the Wiki that's misinformed and they are spreading misinformation. I was simply trying to make the list "complete".

As far as AK101's, M4's, Grenades, and the associated attachments - I stated in my thread that if anyone has found these items, they should post some kind of "proof" of it. This is not me stating things as though they are facts, it's me stating things based on empirical evidence. 

Me saying "Nobody has found an M4 on experimental" is like a scientist saying "We haven't found alien life.".. There's no reason to believe it doesn't exist, just that we lack any evidence that it does. 

So.. Can you provide practical evidence/proof that those items actually ARE spawning? Like, a screenshot or video from Exp .58 showing someone with one? I'm open to the possibility that I simply have not found these things.

Edit: Furthermore, if you tell me what weapons are not done (I am assuming VSS and Red9), I'll happily remove them from the list.. M4, AK101, And grenades however I know have been available in previous patches.

This is not a debate - I do not need to provide "proof" - all of the items spawn, but at an extremely rare rate.

• Like 5

when you play with a small community of scientists trying to figure how the game works

I love that you guys play the game that way. But, you got to remember you said "small community of scientists", that doesn't work with extreme rare probability, you need everyone here and more to have a real scientific look. Until then we cant have such a definitive outlook. Especially if we want a game that has Legend status attached to items, like EVE.  

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 3

This is not a debate - I do not need to provide "proof" - all of the items spawn, but at an extremely rare rate.

Please don't post misinformation as if it is factual. Some folks take it as gospel.

As well, for some reason you are listing weapons that are not even complete yet.

:huh:

All of the items spawn, but are super rare, or they're not completed yet??  Said items are both the VSS and Red9, judging from the list Etherimp had shared in his post.

I love that you guys play the game that way. But, you got to remember you said "small community of scientists", that doesn't work with extreme rare probability, you need everyone here and more to have a real scientific look. Until then we cant have such a definitive outlook. Especially if we want a game that has Legend status attached to items, like EVE.  

It really doesn't work with a huge group of rodents trained to push button, get cheese aka "The majority™".

• Like 7

It really doesn't work with a huge group of rodents trained to push button, get cheese aka "The majority™".

I wish I could give beans more than once.

• Like 2

Okay, if you say they spawn I'll take your word for it, but so far nobody in the community has come forward since .58 and posted any videos/screenshots of an M4 or the other items listed. With as many content creators there are for DayZ you would think it would be posted somewhere.. Unless it's just EXTREMEEEELY rare to the point where nobody has found it.. Which is kind of cool, if that's the case.

Edit: One reason I think they may not be spawning is because NONE of the M4 attachments (outside of optics and mag) seem to be available either.. Like, I haven't even see stray Badly Damaged Magpul hand-guards or anything of the sort. One would think those items would be randomly found (even if ignored or discarded) at heli crashes from time to time.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 6

Ummm,.. are you sure she's talking about the game?  Just saying... LMAO!

Some beans on behalf of my wife, she seems to think there's a big difference between fifteen more minutes and two hours.  

• Like 3

Exactly why I continue running around Chernarus.

The Truth is Out There!

• Like 2

So after running around in a damn typhoon for the past hour and a half, damp, to drenched, and back again three times, I can say at this point that as long as you keep your gear on, weapon in hand and on the move, you are not  going to die, even at elevation. The real question however, is now that my bag of rice is wet, can I eat it without having a canteen handy?

• Like 1

Oh snap!

Sporting a shiny M65 Field Coat during this past rain event I decided to checkout its origination and background.  My issue was all about it not shedding the rain.  Now all we need is the liner and hood.

Q9ihygH.png

Disclaimer:  From some website...

Product History
The M-65 field jacket was first introduced in the late 1960s as an upgrade to the M-51 and M-43 field jackets that had been used in the Korean and Second World War by the Army. The improvements included the built-in hood that rolled and hid in the collar, two shoulder epaulets, extra pockets for carrying equipment, cargo, and accessories, and the brass zipper which replaced the button up style beforehand – allowing soldiers to quickly and effortlessly close and open their jackets for easy access. The M-65 field jacket also had Velcro on both cuffs in case the soldier wanted to roll up his sleeves. The detachable liner allowed soldiers to adjust the jacket based on the fluctuating temperatures. The field coat was used a lot in the Vietnam War and there the days were warm but the nights were much colder. Alpha was one of the first to produce the M-65 in 1966 and we went on to produce them for the government through 1990. Alpha made the first M-65 for the commercial market in the 1970s and by the 1990s they were available in a variety of colors.

Product Details
During Vietnam, the M-65 field jacket was issued to soldiers. This vintage field coat features a concealed hood, draw-cords for the waist, hood and hems to preserve warmth and dryness. The hunting coat’s brass zipper and snapping fasteners look fantastic while keeping out the elements. The army jacket’s bi-swing back ensures unrestrained movement. For extra protection add the M-65 Liner.

• Like 1

Anybody wanting to check a blue barrel for me as a persistence experiment is more than welcome to try.  It is up north of Svergino in a small spruce tree next to a bush, just down the slope from the water tower overlooking the floating wrecked bus.  It is right behind a pole-barn awning.  I think there are a couple borked wqater bottles in the upper left four slots.

Happy hunting.   It's in the lower right corner of 093, 013 as expressed by DayZ DB grid coordinates

edit: server name might be useful, lol.  Southwest 0-2

Edited by emuthreat

Damn, after like 5-10 minute of gameplay i get no message receive. it get connect and disconnect after that.

every thing is Good, nice and smooth before i get the issue. and every thing is good when i ping server through CMD, no packet lost, nothing weird (even when i get that No message issue)

Anyone Else ? 

At the risk of reigniting a powder keg, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Agathor, Tatanko and all of the rest of the community members, who endeavor to help us make sense out of this wacky game, when the official sources invariably (and understandably) leave gaps in our understanding. If not for them, my average lifespan would probably be +/- six minutes and I would still be suffering unspeakable indignities at the hands of psycho, prepubescent marauders.

If you will recall, it recently took the devs several days to assemble the last change log for stable. This is not a shot at them, as development is moving at a rapid pace and they are dealing with not only the stable and experimental branches, but with internal builds as well. It's a huge amount of data for them to keep track of and they do not want to publish misinformation, any more than the community documentarians do. While the game is still in development, each individual build, especially those in the experimental branch, can vary dramatically from the last, effectively making the game a moving target for those of us who are trying to keep abreast of the changes. I recognize that it is impossible for the wiki to be 100% accurate at all times; after all, it was not bestowed upon us from atop Mount Sinai. Therefore, I treat it as a snapshot in time and I recognize that some variability is to be expected. To have any other expectation, would flatly be unrealistic.

Thanks for your efforts, boys and girls!

• Like 9

Are the servers not restarting? in Southeast 0-1 it feels like more than 24 hours have past and there's still no restart.  :huh:

It spawns indeed - just very rare as Hicks mentioned on heli crash sites, but Hicks try to fix the duping bug. I said it, because it's the most abused/exploited bug in dayz at the moment.

I'm pleased that you removed all the map pieces, and (GPS) should be an item that should be seen play in end of this year in my opinion.

jn2012-1322.jpg?itok=orQzPUqG

- I really enjoy the recent progression - it's fun playing Dayz now even though I miss large amount of the infected 

to be honest. 

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

Anyone have a link explaining the basics of the current CLE system?  I am wondering what the long term impact of persistence (especially hording camps) will have upon the item respawning process.   

:huh:

All of the items spawn, but are super rare, or they're not completed yet??  Said items are both the VSS and Red9, judging from the list Etherimp had shared in his post.

I already clarified on the unfinished items not spawning - there are quite a few characters on exp with M4A1s right now. As we've got around 50,000 characters in exp db right now - they're going to be pretty rare to see.

• Like 6