kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

How long do you sit by the fireplace in order to get rid of the shakes? I have been sitting here for a long time and my gun is still shaking and im not even cold but the hot status doesn't show up either i think it might be bugged. <_<  

I've seen reports stating that if you surround yourself with three fires, that will do the trick.

Is the temperature server based, time based, random? Today I was always getting cold very easily while before I was always overheating. 

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but 5.56 ammo is spawning so it's most likely either ak101s or m4s or both are spawning as well.

9LvruQK.jpg

I've seen reports stating that if you surround yourself with three fires, that will do the trick.

Running will also work as well even though it make take a while.

Is the temperature server based, time based, random? Today I was always getting cold very easily while before I was always overheating. 

Yes, a couple of builds ago, the ambient temperature was unusually high. I believe that Hicks even tweeted about it and he indicated that he would ensure that the issue was addressed.

I suspect that the ambient temperature is hive based, but it is also affected by your character's elevation.

I haven't observed a temperature change based on the day / night cycle. Not saying that it can't happen, I just haven't noticed any difference.

My preferred method at the moment... add some gear to wear if you can too.  Gloves, hat/helmet, etc.

Running will also work as well even though it make take a while.

Speaking of which, quoting my own post, where are the socks and underwear???  Thinkin I need to change them.  Damn flies...

My preferred method at the moment... add some gear to wear if you can too.  Gloves, hat/helmet, etc.

Edited by Super_Duty

Someone bring the beer...

PM4Y7Vx.jpg

tedIxIq.jpg

A good DayZ...

5JI59rE.jpg

Don't even think about it...

F2KA2Hx.jpg

• Like 7

Need confirmation, in my above pic. where I placed a landmine, to, well, landmine stuff, but it has now disappeared into the abyss.  Server did reset, went back to check if it was still armed, but it is just gone.  Nothing else missing, just the mine. Odd...   

Need confirmation, in my above pic. where I placed a landmine, to, well, landmine stuff, but it has now disappeared into the abyss. Server did reset, went back to check if it was still armed, but it is just gone. Nothing else missing, just the mine. Odd...

What condition was it? I had a damaged or badly damaged one that I armed before a reset disappear when i was testing their persistence. I also had a worn bear trap disappear recently as well at a reset.

Is there a trick to attaching the rail system to the MP5K? The only thing I can attach are scopes. If I right click the mp5k or the default hand grip it just gives me the 'inspect' option.

Is there a trick to attaching the rail system to the MP5K? The only thing I can attach are scopes. If I right click the mp5k or the default hand grip it just gives me the 'inspect' option.

Currently bugged along with the AK one.

Played some more this evening with Dudester and IMT. Not much to report as we were just trying to get a camp back together once more following the wipe. As Dudester mentioned above, we are having a hell of a time finding any truck batteries  :(

I found a pair of zombies near Sinistok:

hLNqvLW.jpg

IMT and Dudester practicing their aim:

bta2Vqg.jpg

Dudester's unsuccessful battle with rain-induced hypothermia:

xRgGTnu.jpg

BicBhwK.jpg

E8CiMdo.jpg

• Like 6

Shiny, pristine. Anything less than worn I usually won't bother with.  Tents however, can be revived!!!

What condition was it? I had a damaged or badly damaged one that I armed before a reset disappear when i was testing their persistence. I also had a worn bear trap disappear recently as well at a reset.

Edited by Super_Duty

Shiny, pristine. Anything less than worn I usually won't bother with.  Tents however, can be revived!!!

I wonder if something they've done has bugged the trap persistence?

I was having good luck when I was testing them when they were available in quantity at the out of control boat spawns.

I wasn't expecting to loose the worn bear trap the other day either but it poofed while I was grabbing another truck, maybe half an hour with a reset in the middle.

Some of the ugliness for the day...or bugs if you will.  Did not have a chance to verify yet.

• Cooking pots can't be added to barrels for some reason.  Pans yes, but not pots.
  • Attempted to add pot to tent, odd behavior resulting in pot being able to drink from?
  • After drinking from cooking pot, really odd happenings when trying to put weapon in-hand.
  • Server was about to reboot, though in the state above, I was never kicked.  Ended up exiting and restarted and all was fine.

Note lower left message...

nmUjgrE.jpg

Although the red text is interesting, note right above it...

zo5r2l2.png

After the above occurred, waiting on the server to kick me during its restart...

Y3cet0Q.png

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 1

Same for me with cooking pots;

• Can not add cooking pot to barrel
  • Found pot with liquid in it
  • Was unable to drag Magnum back to hands after emptying pot (hotbar worked)
Edited by Coheed_IV

I mentioned this a week or so ago after having spent several dayz trying to find a damn battery and basically giving up at the time, frustrated.  The next morning however, batteries everywhere, well several at least.  Guess I should also mention that I found two early this morning, but none since, and I've been looking...

Has anyone seen a truck battery? iv been finding glow plugs everywhere but no batterys.  :huh:

Played some more this evening with Dudester and IMT. Not much to report as we were just trying to get a camp back together once more following the wipe. As Dudester mentioned above, we are having a hell of a time finding any truck batteries  :(

hLNqvLW.jpg

bta2Vqg.jpg

xRgGTnu.jpg

BicBhwK.jpg

E8CiMdo.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty

I mentioned this a week or so ago after having spent several dayz trying to find a damn battery and basically giving up at the time, frustrated.  The next morning however, batteries everywhere, well several at least.  Guess I should also mention that I found two early this morning, but none since, and I've been looking...

I'm hoping this is the first taste of real time loot manipulation they've been talking about.

I'm holding a battery and plug right now but didn't find either until I'd given up and stopped looking specifically for them as I think it should be.

Some people would hate it but for me the going to X building to get Y item gets old and tedious real fast. 

Looks like a damn seance or sacrifice with those fires burning, and really, no joy? Dudester!!!  Could have put em on a stick and made s'mores though...

hLNqvLW.jpg

bta2Vqg.jpg

xRgGTnu.jpg

BicBhwK.jpg

E8CiMdo.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

I just like to mention the latest update was a huge improvement to patch 0.58 related to the overall loot table

I even found a 30 mag. to AK at a military camp which is great! 

it will probably end up on stable branch in near future!  ^_^

Edited by Ori42

The report mentioned specific timers for containers, but two paragraphs earlier, "With most items on a 30 minute timer (without being "refreshed" by being manipulated by players) ..."

So if I drop a weapon on the ground, 30 minutes later it should despawn? If that's the case, it has not been happening. But I haven't checked it since the latest persistence wipe.

So I've lost my camp again after sleeping for 8 hours. Hicks says no barrel or tent have been cleaned up by the server. Can people disable graphical settings that makes trees smaller so its easy to spot a barrel inside? The barrel was visibly impossible to see without knowing it, yet it is gone 8 hours later. 

How long do you sit by the fireplace in order to get rid of the shakes? I have been sitting here for a long time and my gun is still shaking and im not even cold but the hot status doesn't show up either i think it might be bugged. <_<  

Take your temperature with a thermometer to make sure if cold or not.

I've noted that fireplace glow does not turn off (previous build) once the fire has died out, it may last all night or longer, I'm not certain how long because I got fed up waiting for it to stop glowing and moved on.

Also you may glimpse mission date at start (possible new spawn only) which will give an idea of weather conditions to expect.

• Like 2