kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Are you the asshat that planted this one last week?

Seriously I had a good laugh and now I'm scared shitless of rolls of duct tape in the dark now.

http://youtu.be/ka4esxZBywc

I placed three, one in cherno I got a confirmed kill in the fire station with one, one at vybor heli crash sng server update #2, and one at stary heli crash at I think southeast or south central it was damaged all I know. The heli mines were meant mostly for heli hoppers I just left them there I wasn't there to watch none blow the first one my friend told me it blew and got some stuff. I started using this slogan from a friend....."get to the choppa kill the hoppa". Edited by DaNic2553

-snip-

"Show your love for tactical bacon with this stylish new hat!" -The hat always been in the game buddy.  ;) 

-snip-

Indeed.

The quotes were meant to indicate it was an advertisement photo of some kind.

I should not have used the word "new" in there so as to not mislead my meaning...

C'est la vie.

When I find something I think is new I usually gush unusually loud too. ;)

• Like 1

Lootsplosions are gone, encountered a duplicating glitch, however, which I have confirmed through several servers to not just be a ghost variety.

I just hopped on and found small loot splosions at all the police car spawn possibilities I visited.

• Like 1

I had seen you in the server, and was hoping to maybe encounter you, as I was a fresh spawn in Svetlo. But apart from that hostile encounter with the hopper (Don't even know his name as he left before I had time to check...  <_< ) I didn't encounter anyone else...

Ended up passing out from hunger just after I had opened a can of peaches.  Crazy!!

• Like 2

So are armed mines and bear traps persistent now or if nobody trips it in the 4 hours between restarts do they go poof? 

That I still am not sure of, I have been on servers where people pop in and out, I figure it's hoppers hitting the helicrashes and doing this kind of mischief.

• Like 1

That I still am not sure of, I have been on servers where people pop in and out, I figure it's hoppers hitting the helicrashes and doing this kind of mischief.

I'm pretty fresh on 1pp and the sw 02 server looked pretty slow I've got 2 hours to find one and try it.

The bug with bear traps getting stuck in your inventory is fixed now?

I'd prefer a beartrap because I don't have to trip it to see if it worked. 

I'm not sure what the trigger radius is for mines or traps, but I would assume that careful sneaking would allow you to get close enough to disarm. But is there even an option to disarm? Is anyone brave enough to find out? Bomb squad, assemble!

I don't think you can shoot them either, but to me it would make sense if you could.

Fix me a mine and I will fix you your science. :D

Edit: I'm up north around Svetlojarsk if someone is around there, give me the server and the mine. I will give you a show with perhaps some fireworks or some sweat. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Hey guys was there a character wipe? I haven't hoped in yet to check.

No.

DayZers must be kinder than I thought.  

I was playing on one of the EXP servers earlier when one of my builders came and knocked on the door.  I got up, talked to him for about 15 minutes, then decided to walk the dogs.  A couple of miles later, I'm back, gonna feed the dogs.  Fed, kenneled, I decided to shower and go run some errands.  Came in here to my office to get my keys, and see DayZ is still up and I'm sitting in the street near the police station in Severograd.  

Had to have been around 40-50 minutes, at least.  I'm alive and well.

Ya but who knows what happened to you while you were gone . Hehehehe! You were probably the star of a big block party with shooting and drinking! Apple shooting off your head. They probably tried graffiti with spray cans, did your helmet change color? :-)

Edited by Excanto
  • Like 3

Can anybody confirm in M4's are spawning? Really want my M4 back in stable :)

• Like 1

One good thing about these invisible police car lootspolsions:  I'm internalizing the location of possible police car spawns.  I bet I have north of 1000 hours in this game and I haven't ever seen a car in half these places. 

Can anybody confirm in M4's are spawning? Really want my M4 back in stable :)

We have not seen any but we've come across UMP's and Aug's. 

I was on last night, ran down coast which is something I rarely do, apples, mostly nothing and then a police station and wow what a pile of weird floating gear. Looks like aliens were beaming stuff up to their ship and then they left suddenly. When you find 60 rounds of 357, it's a sign someone wants you to use the repeater. Stuff was in different places then usual, like someone said before, under tables and beds. Next town, another police station floating piles near bye. Graphically no change with display speed, it was clunky in big towns. Maybe this Black Friday I will upgrade my gtx450..cough. I forgot to light a big fire and see if i lose sight of it after 90m on flat ground. I'll try more tonight. Yes, of course I always try to skin and eat zombies after I kill them. I'm sure I am going to find a nice juicy one soon.

We didn't test range of the walkies themselves, we just walked until direct chat faded away and then switched to walkies.

Your voice is played back through a radio filter, which is neat.

It's unlikely our tentception survived all the restarts, so the walkies are probably gone.

I would be interested to see if they will broadcast when switched on and placed on the ground.

You could use this to lure zombies or people away from an area and swoop in while they investigate.

did you get the chance to see if your hand radio is heard by bystanders, logically it should be. i appreciate the feedback.

V/R

KOFFEE

Edited by koffeekage

Ended up passing out from hunger just after I had opened a can of peaches.  Crazy!!

In the immortal words of Maxwell Smart:

• Like 2

Once upon a time, an inventory would rearrange itself upon server restart. The new inventory matrix does not do that. I learned this the hard way today.

I was having trouble manipulating items in the V3S cargo inventory, so I logged out and then logged back in immediately. Because there does not appear to be a penalty timer for doing this at the moment, I spawned back in looking at myself standing there. The 2nd time this happened, I couldn't resist. I shot my old self in the head. I then immediately dropped all of my stuff on the ground and logged out. When I logged back in, I was dead. This is basically what I expected, but I was too curious to leave it alone. Experimental is for experimentation after all. Biohaze threw all of my stuff into a car tent, accidentally burying my CR527 Carbine which had a Hunting Scope attached to it.

I waited until after the next restart and checked the tent again. The CR527 did not rise up to the now available visible inventory slots in the tent. The inventory in tents is still not scrollable. The number of slots you see in the vicinity windows is all you can really use, as always. However, the server restarts don't bring your stuff back up and the items below the visible slots are lost permanently.

• Like 2

In the immortal words of Maxwell Smart:

That was one of my favorite shows growing up. That clip brings back memories!

• Like 2

Once upon a time, an inventory would rearrange itself upon server restart. The new inventory matrix does not do that. I learned this the hard way today.

I was having trouble manipulating items in the V3S cargo inventory, so I logged out and then logged back in immediately. Because there does not appear to be a penalty timer for doing this at the moment, I spawned back in looking at myself standing there. The 2nd time this happened, I couldn't resist. I shot my old self in the head. I then immediately dropped all of my stuff on the ground and logged out. When I logged back in, I was dead. This is basically what I expected, but I was too curious to leave it alone. Experimental is for experimentation after all. Biohaze threw all of my stuff into a car tent, accidentally burying my CR527 Carbine which had a Hunting Scope attached to it.

I waited until after the next restart and checked the tent again. The CR527 did not rise up to the now available visible inventory slots in the tent. The inventory in tents is still not scrollable. The number of slots you see in the vicinity windows is all you can really use, as always. However, the server restarts don't bring your stuff back up and the items below the visible slots are lost permanently.

Have you tried taking stuff into your inventory to see if it pops up? I've had the same problem myself and usually had to pick stuff up in order for whatever got buried to show up again.

Have you tried taking stuff into your inventory to see if it pops up? I've had the same problem myself and usually had to pick stuff up in order for whatever got buried to show up again.

I do not understand what you mean. I'm guessing that we are not on the same page. 

I do not understand what you mean. I'm guessing that we are not on the same page. 

Put the stuff on the ground and put it in your inventory and see if your cr527 pops up.

Couldn't find a mine or bear trap but did find a town with 2 empty barrels so got side tracked. I put all the clothing and junk items I could scrounge up before reset in the barrels, it got dark so I can be certain I got everything but I'm sure I emptied the house that was spawning the piles of jackets. The jacket house was empty before but after the reset there was 2 check shirts an a hoodie spawned, I also fairly sure a motorcycle helmet spawned in a house took a skate helmet from. I'm not sure if stuff is spawning realtime but it is noticing certain places are empty and restocking them.

Had an awesome day hunting while searching for traps to test, killed a sheep, a chicken, and woohoo a boar.

Can I tan the boar hide without the barrel which isn't working for tanning right now?

I would really like to make the boarskin bag. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure what the trigger radius is for mines or traps, but I would assume that careful sneaking would allow you to get close enough to disarm. But is there even an option to disarm? Is anyone brave enough to find out? Bomb squad, assemble!

I don't think you can shoot them either, but to me it would make sense if you could.

Supposedly you can disarm a bear trap, haven't tried, just saw the option.  I would imagine you could do the same with a mine, I also imagine the penalty for failure is much, much more serious than it is for a bear trap.

• Like 1

Couldn't find a mine or bear trap but did find a town with 2 empty barrels so got side tracked. I put all the clothing and junk items I could scrounge up before reset in the barrels, it got dark so I can be certain I got everything but I'm sure I emptied the house that was spawning the piles of jackets. The jacket house was empty before but after the reset there was 2 check shirts an a hoodie spawned, I also fairly sure a motorcycle helmet spawned in a house took a skate helmet from. I'm not sure if stuff is spawning realtime but it is noticing certain places are empty and restocking them.

Had an awesome day hunting while searching for traps to test, killed a sheep, a chicken, and woohoo a boar.

Can I tan the boar hide without the barrel which isn't working for tanning right now?

I would really like to make the boarskin bag. 

You can make all the leather goods. I made a bag a week ago and some pants, moccasins, and hat today. All you need to do is drag the bag of lime on the hide to tan it and you'll get a few tanned leather out of it. Not sure how many for the boar but the cow makes 3. You just can't color them in the barrel.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Put the stuff on the ground and put it in your inventory and see if your cr527 pops up.

By what mechanism would an item that is stored below the viewable threshold in the tent be forced to change position in that case?