kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Brilliant! That sounds like something that I would do!!!

So did someone booby trap their camp, or a military barracks, or was it just random, dumb luck?

It was a helicrash, I put a pair of cop pants into a Taloon pack and Whammo.  I thought it was a hopper at first but when I respawned I was still the only one on.  No way they could have looted me in 30 seconds.

I am looking forward to the day I can trip wire a mine I have set up next to a 55 gallon drum full of Gasoline and fertilizer.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

I'm a bit disappointed nothing is done about infected and their numbers and performance. Game runs smoothly, I think best ever. But it's boring without zombies. I hope they make return soon, in meanwhile I am exterminating zombie population in mod.

• Like 2

Played a bit tonight. Found a large military tent, set it up, and put some items in it to test the persistence. I'm guessing it's the same as the civilian tent (full persistence, contents stay after restarts, etc.)

• Found out that you won't ever be able to get this gas can out of the deer towers... Tried throwing it and did just about everything other than jumping out of the stand with it in my hands

CEfEZXP.jpg

• Dropped all of my clothes in the deer stand because I was overheating easily. My pants decided to drop through one of the slats of wood. Luckily I could reach them from the bottom

7WPt5Nr.jpg

vQu6BYV.jpg

• Hey BCBasher, sup emuthreat :P  

nnV0ceH.jpg

What has everyone noticed is happening with loot respawning? I think we've figured out just about everything going on with persistence, but it seems like there are a lot less items than there were on persistence restart. Maybe the items are just respawning really slowly, or not at all. It would be nice to get some confirmation from a dev as to whether loot should be respawning or not. 

Edited by tux
  • Like 4

I see you logged out.  Was gonna invite you to some pumkin patch in Elektro. 

nnV0ceH.jpg

• Like 1

nnV0ceH.jpg

Who's that guy at the top  B)

• Like 2

Played a bit tonight. Found a large military tent, set it up, and put some items in it to test the persistence. I'm guessing it's the same as the civilian tent (full persistence, contents stay after restarts, etc.)

• [*]Found out that you won't ever be able to get this gas can out of the deer towers... Tried throwing it and did just about everything other than jumping out of the stand with it in my hands
i had this conundrum myself and more than once. I found one on top of a garage, to retrieve it I got as close to the ladder as I dared. I was pretty much hanging suspended over the safety cage facing out Then, I did not drop the can I just went down the ladder. If I had dropped the can I figure I would have fallen. Once I got to the bottom I looked up hit tab and there was the gas can for me to grab. Did it in a tower like that once too. Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Is that just in houses? I was soaked from rain and finally got to the point where I was really cold and so hand gathered some sticks and made a fireplace in the wild and lit it and stood there till I was dry and when I turned hot I backed up. Fireplace seemed perfectly normal.

Yeah, I'm only seeing issues with indoor fireplaces.

Fresh SteamDB activity. New build today or tomorrow I hope  B)

• Like 4

Fresh SteamDB activity. New build today or tomorrow I hope  B)

That would be cool

Just a few photos from my recent travels, most from the experimental but a few might be older:

hT6urcR.jpg

2Egd9Yg.jpggosJXvB.jpgsS4ryJL.jpgjVu3ac2.jpgqzCvYDI.jpgtC9PTyN.jpgt4UvxJc.jpgRpRuEt2.jpgZ36CJEZ.jpg7fRNRbf.jpg8qYYz1m.jpg0V889ZJ.jpggDxnbux.jpg

P.S What is your guys excuse for not looking this fine?:

8w9McY8.gif

P.P.S I really like the above GIF, seems like a great way to share outfits!

Nice, I am trying to create this look on stable but are there any leathert sewing kits to be found on .57? I seem to remember to see them everywhere but I've been looking for at least 3 hours and never found one.

Nice, I am trying to create this look on stable but are there any leathert sewing kits to be found on .57? I seem to remember to see them everywhere but I've been looking for at least 3 hours and never found one.

try it with craftet fishinghooks, i mean that worked on .57

• Like 1

try it with craftet fishinghooks, i mean that worked on .57

you mean the crafted hook from animal bone?

Either there was a persistence wipe or someone spent hours cleaning every scrap of loot out of my camp  :)

you mean the crafted hook from animal bone?

Yup! You can use it as a substitute for the leather sewing kit, but only for the purpose of crafting leather clothing out of tanned leather. It won't repair anything.

• Like 3

Yup! You can use it as a substitute for the leather sewing kit, but only for the purpose of crafting leather clothing out of tanned leather. It won't repair anything.

Cool! Will give that a try. Thank you both.

Edit: yup, it worked :)

Edited by SAK

Either there was a persistence wipe or someone spent hours cleaning every scrap of loot out of my camp :)

Can confirm a persistence wipe...my two civ tents, fireplace, backpacks, two trucks, car tent, spare guns and backpacks all gone...

The sad thing is I had my truck battery and glow plug stashed in a fireplace under a tree a fair way from the camp...gone as well. Oh well, the search continues!! xD

How many plugs are needed to make truck running?

Just one (for now).

Where do you need to place them on the lorry?

In the inventory

Specifically, there should be "slots" at the top of the truck's inventory for both a glow plug and a battery. I had some issues with getting them to go into the proper spot straight from my own inventory though, so you may need to first put them in the truck's general inventory (the slots you can see), then drag it up to the top bar where it says "V3S Inventory" or whatever.

When you get it right, the glow plug and battery will be in their own slots at the top, separate from the general inventory. It will look just like the fireplace inventory does.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

I see you logged out.  Was gonna invite you to some pumkin patch in Elektro. 

nnV0ceH.jpg

Who's that guy at the top  B)

Add me on steam. I'm always partial to traveling in groups.

i had this conundrum myself and more than once. I found one on top of a garage, to retrieve it I got as close to the ladder as I dared. I was pretty much hanging suspended over the safety cage facing out Then, I did not drop the can I just went down the ladder. If I had dropped the can I figure I would have fallen. Once I got to the bottom I looked up hit tab and there was the gas can for me to grab. Did it in a tower like that once too.

Ah, I remember doing this with a tent that I found in one of the apartment buildings (up the ladder). I forgot about this method. Maybe I'll go find that deer tower again.

This month's Prada outfit, Foreskin , is all the buzz in Berezino. Get yourself the full suit before it's too late!

I actually found a leather sewing kit last night, but I've found the regular sewing kit more useful so far.

Specifically, there should be "slots" at the top of the truck's inventory for both a glow plug and a battery. I had some issues with getting them to go into the proper spot straight from my own inventory though, so you may need to first put them in the truck's general inventory (the slots you can see), then drag it up to the top bar where it says "V3S Inventory" or whatever.

When you get it right, the glow plug and battery will be in their own slots at the top, separate from the general inventory. It will look just like the fireplace inventory does.

I haven't seen the glow plug in it's own inventory slot. It seems to work when it's taking up a 1x1 slot in the V3S inventory. The battery, however, always goes straight to it's own slot, at least in my experiences.

• Like 5

Persistence. I had 3 trucks and several tents of loot stashed away before the wipe. Assume everything has a decay to respawn value added to it but besides that and server wipes is there any mechanism in central economy to address how long a loot spawn point is empty? And what does server hopping and taking items from one server to another do to central economy of both servers? I'm thinking low quanity high value items such as vehicle batteries and glow plugs. Does everyone think hoarding has been adequately addressed?

Persistence. I had 3 trucks and several tents of loot stashed away before the wipe. Assume everything has a decay to respawn value added to it but besides that and server wipes is there any mechanism in central economy to address how long a loot spawn point is empty? And what does server hopping and taking items from one server to another do to central economy of both servers? I'm thinking low quanity high value items such as vehicle batteries and glow plugs. Does everyone think hoarding has been adequately addressed?

when central loot economy will be finished, hoarding will be a very hard thing.

if you take an item in your inventory and the amount of this item on this server has reached his minimum limit, an new item will spawn on an other place on that server.

so, after an short time all servers will have different items and places where you can find them, hopping will not be very successfull.

• Like 2

iirc Eugene had said that items in player and container inventory were disregarded in the respawn calculations.

Which I suppose means that hoarding them (via claiming them in your inventory or tent) would not prevent more from spawning.

• Like 2