kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Speaking of Trucks I know the gauge isn't currently working but it doesn't seem that newly spawned trucks come with much fuel.  I drove a two seater from West side of Sinistok to the center Nagornoe when it ran out!

Has this happened to anyone else or did my slight fender bender rupture the tank?

Edited by starvingart
  • Like 1

A little more info on the tanning of pelts here: I cannot move the barrel anymore, despite it appearing completely empty. The "take" prompt does not appear, so I guess whatever is in there is still taking up slots and probably IS invisible after all. I'm gonna fill up the barrel to see if there are any slots taken. 

I also noticed on my logout screen I was holding the knife I had lost in the glitch (after skinning). This is all very confusing...

• Like 1

Speaking of Trucks I know the gauge isn't currently working but it doesn't seem that newly spawned trucks come with much fuel.  I drove a two seater from West side of Sinistok to the center Nagornoe when it ran out!

Has this happened to anyone else or did my slight fender bender rupture the tank?

The tanks are easy to puncture in collisions and another thing to consider is if it wasn't found immediately after a reset someone may have shot the gas tank. I Shoot the tank of trucks I'm not going to take at the time so I can plan for grabbing later, I've had it happen to me too getting only a couple km away with a truck and it running out of gas.   

A little more info on the tanning of pelts here: I cannot move the barrel anymore, despite it appearing completely empty. The "take" prompt does not appear, so I guess whatever is in there is still taking up slots and probably IS invisible after all. I'm gonna fill up the barrel to see if there are any slots taken. 

I also noticed on my logout screen I was holding the knife I had lost in the glitch (after skinning). This is all very confusing...

I didn't try and pick up Super_Duty's barrel after I tried but I did have to open and close the lid a few times to be able to put anything in it again. The first time I tried to open it the menu changed giving me the option to close it but the barrel model in the vicinity and in game was still closed.

yey, another improvement with -newui. You can also walk and run with your inventory open.

So I think this was the last disadvantage in using -newui, all the others were fixed too in the last patches   :thumbsup:  :)

edit:

oh yes I forgot, the status indicators, when the inventory is open, are still not visible with -newui. But I have no problem with this. If my char has to say something, she tells me in the bottom left croner  :D

I found a second primary weapon and as I dropped it, it unloads itself (so no bullet was in or around the weapon). When I took the IZH-18 up again, it reloads automatically.

Edited by xCAPx

yey, another improvement with -newui. You can also walk and run with your inventory open.

So I think this was the last disadvantage in using -newui, all the others were fixed too in the last patches   :thumbsup:  :)

edit:

oh yes I forgot, the status indicators, when the inventory is open, are still not visible with -newui. But I have no problem with this. If my char has to say something, she tells me in the bottom left croner  :D

I found a second primary weapon and as I dropped it, it unloads itself (so no bullet was in or around the weapon). When I took the IZH-18 up again, it reloads automatically.

can you climb ladders with newui? that's the only other issue really affected me

can you climb ladders with newui? that's the only other issue really affected me

yes, they fixed it 2 or 3 patches ago, and in the same patch they added more slots to the player inventory. So you can carry and wear everything like with the old UI.

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 1

Does the stuff they're working for the push to stable also touch on the problem that every other item cannot be picked up? With this problem not fixed I really can't see this as a stable candidate. The loot distribution seems to be very nice, but not if half of it can't be picked up....

The CLE is the only good thing about this patch. Enjoy the rain and the endless bugs. In my last post I only mentioned a fraction. I am not concerned about tweaking things like sick-status or despawn of dead bodies. That can all be fixed easily over time. I am concerned that almost all the legacy systems from the mod worked better than this everlasting patchfest, which always just ends up with unexpected new bugs. Out of the systems the new developers brought into place, the only one that is really working is the CLE - and that took them how long? Sure the mod had much simpler mechanics, but one thing I have to say about it that doesn't apply to Dayz SA is: it worked.

There are parts of the game that are highly enjoyable to me, but parts don't substitute the entire game. It's just all so buggy in most details that I don't understand why the devs just plow on with imaginary "0.59" releases and "basebuilding". 0.58 is proof (again) that the devs cannot handle the technology and that they don't get the support they would need. I know that people will call out again that it is an alpha, but we all know other alphas and they don't have these problems; and shouldn't have. And if they do, the problems get fixed. Bohemia will pull out of this, because they too can see when something is not going anywhere. And then who do we complain to? Rocket? Yeah right! He knew when to get off the sinking ship.  

Completely agree, though I generally get a lot of negativity for bringing this sort of stuff up on the forums. A friend of mine is a programmer on Steam released games and thinks some/most of the bugs in the game are schoolboy, which is interesting!

damn.. so this just happened..QtJtKMB.png

from what you guys said earlier I am doomed to die now? How long do I have? as a couple minutes next to the fire didnt fix it? plus usually I was always warming up from the constant running, but it seems I hit a temperature you cant warmup from anymore -__-

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

Went to now against found nothing except the officers tent how ironic to find an m4 in there lol. I might just leave it on the floor unless I get a mag.

I survived my encounter with hypothermia earlier in the week, barely, screen was as grey as I have seen in a long time, like major blood loss.  I had several heat packs activated, one each, in pants, jacket and vest and sprinted with heavy gear with weapon in hand, staying out of the rain.  I even ran around inside a barn for a while.

The good part is your back to damp from drenched, melting your face however is always bad.  BC says you can heat up food cans a little bit and place them like I did the heatpacks.  He said to be careful though doing that.  I have not tried it. Good Luck!

Edit, if you have a fire going, and not just the illusion of one when it looks like its putting out heat but not (make sure it's red in your inventory screen) you should be ok I would think.  It will take more time than a few minutes btw.

from what you guys said earlier I am doomed to die now? How long do I have? as a couple minutes next to the fire didnt fix it? plus usually I was always warming up from the constant running, but it seems I hit a temperature you cant warmup from anymore -__-

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

Log out and then back in.  The item in the barrel will re-appear and you can then remove it.  It's a glitch.

Edited by Super_Duty

I survived my encounter with hypothermia earlier in the week, barely, screen was as grey as I have seen in a long time, like major blood loss.  I had several heat packs activated, one each, in pants, jacket and vest and sprinted with heavy gear with weapon in hand, staying out of the rain.  I even ran around inside a barn for a while.

The good part is your back to damp from drenched, melting your face however is always bad.  BC says you can heat up food cans a little bit and place them like I did the heatpacks.  He said to be careful though doing that.  I have not tried it. Good Luck!

Edit, if you have a fire going, and not just the illusion of one when it looks like its putting out heat but not (make sure it's red in your inventory screen) you should be ok I would think.  It will take more time than a few minutes btw.

Yeah, the can thing is pretty much drop them in the fire and take them out as quick as you can and they're as hot as they're gonna get and it might degrade their condition one stage. If you leave them in too long the fire ruins them and not sure if they carry heat at that point.

The time I dropped dead from hypothermia it took about 15 minutes ball parked from the video I recorded from the first notification to death and I was at full healthy, energized, and hydrated.

On a similar note I took my mule along for the tanning in a barrel adventure last night and although she was good at following and willing to be sacrificed as a decoy if need be we neglected her stats. She dropped from cold and starvation at the base of one of the little fir trees which made accessing her inventory and force feeding difficult. Spent a good hour to hour and a half force feeding, keeping fires going around her, putting hot steaks in her pockets, swapping my raincoat to her for her wet Gorka jacket but she died. On death she slid a little bit farther into the tree and was completely inaccessible to get my raincoat and such back.   

• Like 1

Anyone know when stable will hit? the waiting is killing me as well as everyone else here at this point.  :wacko:

Ahh this weapon stuff is so annoying. So when I arm my SKS, it shows it still in the inventory but with like the hand icon underneath it, showing that it's in my hands I guess. But when I press X to shoulder it, it goes on the ground but still shows it in my inventory. If I pick it up off the ground and put it into the inventory, it shows 2 of them.

So it won't let me actually shoulder the weapon, he will only drop it on the ground so I have to drop it on the ground and then shoulder it which is very annoying. This has only been happening today, relogging to see if it'll clear up.

____

I don't think it'll be anytime soon Dudester, there are some pretty buggy stuff going on with weapons and other things right now that need to get sorted out.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Anyone know when stable will hit? the waiting is killing me as well as everyone else here at this point.  :wacko:

Just an assumption but I guessing at least one more EXP build early next week and see if the gun drop bug and such are fixed.

• Like 1

Speaking of glitches, I encountered the over the shoulder bug again today.  1st occurrence was at exactly 5:00pm EST.  My previous one was 1:00pm EST. the other day.  I thought there might be some coincidence to the timing of the event until I encountered it again at 5:03pm and then 5:25pm.  Now mind you that this was after playing all day without experiencing it at all.  I was not dual carrying at the time, so nothing was lost.  Though I thought for sure that I had lost my 2nd MP5, ACOG, etc. at first, only to find it in my inventory, whew!

I also encountered the item error in inventory while trying to drink a soda. This happened only one time in several days of play, to me anyways.

The unable to pick up an item issue occurred twice.  I tried the closing the door trick in a building and that either created enough of a delay to then pickup up said item, or it reset something so I was able to pickup the item.  The other occurrence was at a police car, I could not take the weapon.  Though closing the trunk lid, or bonnet if you prefer corrected the issue. ymmv.

While I'm at it, where are all the damn tents!!!  I have a dozen glow plugs, three truck batteries, three barrels, enough food and ammo for a small army, but I have not seen a single tent, or infected for that matter.  What the hell is eating all the infected and tents?

• Like 1

I hope you do better IRL... lol.

On a similar note I took my mule along for the tanning in a barrel adventure last night and although she was good at following and willing to be sacrificed as a decoy if need be we neglected her stats. She dropped from cold and starvation at the base of one of the little fir trees which made accessing her inventory and force feeding difficult. Spent a good hour to hour and a half force feeding, keeping fires going around her, putting hot steaks in her pockets, swapping my raincoat to her for her wet Gorka jacket but she died. On death she slid a little bit farther into the tree and was completely inaccessible to get my raincoat and such back.   

I hope you do better IRL... lol.

She's actually my second best helper, a little slow reacting and the focus of a ten year old but she's extremely compliant and can remember and follow multistep instructions like a boss. She got herself up and going again on the coast and figured out where she was without any input before we logged. 

• Like 3

Log out and then back in.  The item in the barrel will re-appear and you can then remove it.  It's a glitch.

Yeah, I could carry the empty barrel around again. What a relief.

I tried fishing and it works too. Somehow the shovel doesn't give me an option to digg for worms, but I made two garden plots and that gave me 4 worms. Fish don't seem to give you bones anymore, or I might have overlooked them, still having had some from the deerhunt earlier. I cooked the meat on a long stick. Took me a while to realize you don't need to sharpen them for that. Cooked the deer too. The first ones came out really black-is, so I took the next ones off after the first color change. They were hot in my inventory alright. However "I notice a funny taste in my mouth". Idk if I just didn't cook it long enough, or if the cooked meat is glitched. As I ate it, I got the message: you ate the raw fish (should have said "cooked fish"). Ah well, food poisoning (again) ;)

I also lost the CR75 I was carrying and my 2nd combat knife of the day, even though I actually had space in my inventory for both. The CR75 was still showing in the holster, until I restarted; I've seen that behaviour quite often. 

The best part was when I came back from fishing. On the way to the lake I had already noticed, the blue truck I'd free'd from a fence earlier was parked in a village I passed through. I tried to talk to whoever drove it there, but got no reply. So I went fishing. On the way back, I noticed the truck is still parked in the same spot, so I thought: "what the hell - might as well use it to drive a little closer to my base!"

I had barely started the engine and drove 50 meters when a guy stepped onto the road with an SKS and took shots at me. I swerved a bit to both sides and hit him smack in the face and he went down. I was supersurprised, because I thought collisions with players are currently not happening. I got out and checked him, or wanted to, when I noticed his buddy in full paramedic gear charging me. Since I had just lost my pistol and knife, I checked this guy for his SKS and found he also had a P1 and MP5. Frantically I picked everything up and Mr Shrubbs was almost in striking distance with his raised axe. I shouted: "Are you armed? I don't want to kill you!" But he decided it was smarter to rush me, so I took a shot. Unfortunately I missed, I ran away from him and switched to the MP5, which was his chance to actually injure me, but he missed. I unloaded half a magazine into him and left him there, unconscious. A little later he died, but I was not gonna help this guy for being an idiot. So at the end of the day, I got a P1 with mag, a MP5, for which I have lots of attachments and ammo, a SKS with pristine scope and nearly 80 rounds. Thank god for stupid people!

One thing I noticed with the SKS. After I took it from the guy and tried to aim, I saw no scope, just a close-up view without HUD. Only after I switched the scope with one of mine, could I see through it again. Now that stupid truck is parked 500m from where I first left it completely repaired this morning. And now it has two broken tires. You guys mentioned that the tank will rupture. What can you do then? Since you cannot fix it and the trucks will probably not respawn unless destroyed, won't it always leak petrol now? Can you even destroy them at the moment? I really wonder what to do about leaking tanks. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

*snip*

One thing I noticed with the SKS. After I took it from the guy and tried to aim, I saw no scope, just a close-up view without HUD. Only after I switched the scope with one of mine, could I see through it again. Now that stupid truck is parked 500m from where I first left it completely repaired this morning. And now it has two broken tires. You guys mentioned that the tank will rupture. What can you do then? Since you cannot fix it and the trucks will probably not respawn unless destroyed, won't it always leak petrol now? Can you even destroy them at the moment? I really wonder what to do about leaking tanks. 

Truck respawns with a fixed gas tank at reset, the mine was the only way I could think that might completely destroy a truck but as far as I know it didn't. Therman says he's crashed them to death I believe though, I've blown them up in previous patches with an aerosol in a fire but that doesn't work right now. From what I've seen the actuall truck gets cleared and a whole new one spawns in it approximate location holding the truck before reset's inventory if that makes sense.  

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

How did it go for you? (Also I digg the "my face is melting in there"). I found no way to combat hypothermia, even though I've had no problem with food poisoning in the past; it was hard enough to get  back then - I had to drink a whole bottle of cleaning alcohol. My problem was, I got the hypo at night and staring into the fire causes things to go really dark when you look around (eye adaptation), So I couldn't really say if my health was getting lower, because I couldn't see much at all and everything is b/w at night anyway. I ate a lot of rice and cans of peaches, right next to the burning fire and under shelter from the rain. My status was light green for drink and food, only the hypothermia showed in red. Before I could think what else to do and within a matter of minutes, I was dead. Must have lost blood faster than I could restore, even with optimal conditions (light green). I also puked two times during hypothermia. 

Did you have similar experiences, or did you manage to survive? Did it also happen at night to you? I'm curious as to how to battle this condition. It's alright for it to be scary, I was quite baffled when I died. But there has to be some way to fight it and eating and keeping warm wasn't enough for me. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

How did it go for you? (Also I digg the "my face is melting in there"). I found no way to combat hypothermia, even though I've had no problem with food poisoning in the past; it was hard enough to get  back then - I had to drink a whole bottle of cleaning alcohol. My problem was, I got the hypo at night and staring into the fire causes things to go really dark when you look around (eye adaptation), So I couldn't really say if my health was getting lower, because I couldn't see much at all and everything is b/w at night anyway. I ate a lot of rice and cans of peaches, right next to the burning fire and under shelter from the rain. My status was light green for drink and food, only the hypothermia showed in red. Before I could think what else to do and within a matter of minutes, I was dead. Must have lost blood faster than I could restore, even with optimal conditions (light green). I also puked two times during hypothermia. 

Did you have similar experiences, or did you manage to survive? Did it also happen at night to you? I'm curious as to how to battle this condition. It's alright for it to be scary, I was quite baffled when I died. But there has to be some way to fight it and eating and keeping warm wasn't enough for me. 

Puking twice didn't help.

There's an older Dayz insider or WOBO video on how  the invisible stats work and whether it's changed or not the losses for hypothermia were brutal. They also nerfed blood regen since the video was made so hypothermia is especiualy serious now.  

Here's one, kind of old but gives a good idea.

Puking twice didn't help.

There's an older Dayz insider or WOBO video on how  the invisible stats work and whether it's changed or not the losses for hypothermia were brutal. They also nerfed blood regen since the video was made so hypothermia is especiualy serious now.  

Here's one, kind of old but gives a good idea.

I watched this video a while ago. It explained quite a lot to me. But this release I've struggled with hypothermia more than I should have. It's no problem now, because I have waterproof clothing, but the way it kicked in so fast and despite me resting near a fire with plenty of food made me really wonder what's going on there.

But now I have a direct comparison - because I've had food poisoning before (mild). It just needs puking, eating and drinking and some time to build up blood again. I know I'll get into the grey (black and white) screen for a bit, but then I should recover. I also believe I might have gotten that poisoning from an overcooked piece of meat and not from a raw - or not well enough cooked - piece. The first meat was black, because I took a leak irl while it was cooking. Still had to eat it - for science ;)! 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1