kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Nice first post.

Walmart's a pretty cool store bro. 

Lol'd. GG. Killer comeback. 

I beg to differ, it's a NON zombie apocalypse in its current state, where we like to waste our time hoarding gear, running naked in the woods, looking for brothels to keep us occupied for the time being.

Lol'd again. My point exactly. I suppose I should have said it's MEANT to be a zombie apoc but then you wouldn't have had anything smart to say. 

Sorry I'd rather use my sniper rifle to hunt something other than some buggy AI animal. 

Ok , ok guys , let's focus on the real debate here : who has a better set of abs ? Eugen Harton , or Brian Hicks? I've asked this question many times but apparently the devs keep their shred under wraps . Also where da fuq' my .58 stable at ! I'm very excited to see this build across all stable servers , dayz is seriously starting to come into it's own with the content and persistence coming now adays ... Can't wait even more so for .59 experimental :)

I hope .59 exp comes out shortly after .58 goes to stable, dying to take that little ute up north to hunt and fish and not pvp. 

• Like 4

Really? there's 214 pages of comments on this Exp. .58 build, not to mention all the testing and bug reports this group has submitted to address said issues.  Pretty sure at this point it's been covered, multiple times.  The Dev's are doing their thing, most of us are here to better the product, if you have nothing productive to contribute then yes, by all means, take your sniper rifle and move on.

Lol'd. GG. Killer comeback. 

Lol'd again. My point exactly. I suppose I should have said it's MEANT to be a zombie apoc but then you wouldn't have had anything smart to say. 

Sorry I'd rather use my sniper rifle to hunt something other than some buggy AI animal. 

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

I guess sometimes I forget that the golden rule of survival is to get the biggest gun that holds the most bullets and take unnecessary risks.

I hope .59 exp comes out shortly after .58 goes to stable, dying to take that little ute up north to hunt and fish and not pvp. 

What server you play on? My friend and I are looking to set up a camp and we welcome all visitors. Planning on a real chill weekend, fish, maybe going hunting and start a bonfire... in dayz though, not real life, that's no fun. 

But seriously, what exactly does your daily game play consist of?

Really? there's 214 pages of comments on this Exp. .58 build, not to mention all the testing and bug reports this group has submitted to address said issues.  Pretty sure at this point it's been covered, multiple times.  The Dev's are doing their thing, most of us are here to better the product, if you have nothing productive to contribute then yes, by all means, take your sniper rifle and move on.

Bruh, you really missed the point.

Edit for teh lulz: Reporting exploits/bugs are def bettering the product but how is continuing to use those exploits doing that?

You can reload your stored Longhorn, without using the time for the animation.  If you keep the spare up top for quick drag reloads, you can get a fair amount of mileage out of it.

So carrying a second longhorn acts as a snaploader for the one in hand.

Yup, been that way for months.  I wasn't going to say anything, proprietary information and all...

Looking for a third now so I have a couple follow up shots if I run into those crazy deer again. It's not exactly efficient space wise as far as being an exploit.

Edited by Dante.

It's awesome, please keep it to .58 stable.

- Rare loot, found 1 or 2 weapons in one hour of looting.

- Players tend to be more friendly, they care for their gear.

- Makes you actually go for these little deer huts / towers and small lonely buildings to find loot (assuming they weren't found before you did).

- Players push themselves north.

- I've found an SVD mag in barracks and I am very happy about it!

One more thing - Allow mosins to have Hunting Scopes. I really miss the authentic look of a mosin with a hunting scope - It was a very DayZ-ish.

It's awesome, please keep it to .58 stable.

- Rare loot, found 1 or 2 weapons in one hour of looting.

- Players tend to be more friendly, they care for their gear.

- Makes you actually go for these little deer huts / towers and small lonely buildings to find loot (assuming they weren't found before you did).

- Players push themselves north.

- I've found an SVD mag in barracks and I am very happy about it!

One more thing - Allow mosins to have Hunting Scopes. I really miss the authentic look of a mosin with a hunting scope - It was a very DayZ-ish.

They won't make the Mosin allow the Hunting Scope attachment. The devs have already said that later on the LRS will be introduced again; however only when the weapon modding feature is done.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

You can fix the gun holster and you can fix the plate carrier with the LSK but cannot repair/mend the plate carrier pouches.  However, you can repair/mend the complete plate carrier with pouches and holster mounted using the LSK.

Still can't swap hand guards (except on the AK74 if you paint the wooden hand guard black first and have space for it in your inventory).  However, sorry, but again with the however, when you put the rail hand guard on the AK74 you still cannot mount anything on the rails.

Thanks for the zeds.  Thanks, also, for nerfing their material damage to gear.  More than anything else I like that.

Stuff is spawning, maybe not at the prodigious/commissary rates that it was before (I'm ok with that) but it is spawning.

Police cars are spawning too, I found two yesterday.

Finding M4 accessories and AK101's in tent cities now.  Usually the officer tents but the buttstocks for M4's seem a bit more spread out.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I beg to differ, it's a NON zombie apocalypse in its current state, where we like to waste our time hoarding gear, running naked in the woods, looking for brothels to keep us occupied for the time being.

Dude....

WTF?  Such a protocol breach...

Why you giving up all the DayZ man secrets to the noobster bambi in one post!?!?!? 

Why I oughta..... 

If I were Trump, you'd be FIRED!.   

• Like 2

I had a great night on experimental tonight on Us central 1PP... it basically consisted of a lone wolf session of looting around in Gorka ending in some excitement...I had just taken a fat rip, of which i wish i hadn't lol, and my character had just finished looting the police station and luckily picked up a cr 75 and two mags for it and as i descended the spiral staircase i see what appears to be a figure of a man in the corner of the side entrance room doorway. I jumpily freak out IRL and spray five bullets from the cr75 and three of them hit his torso.. He immediately goes unconscious and i realize my grievous error... I quickly bandaged the guy (i think his name was joseabeu or something) and tie him up with my rope (knew i would need that eventually lol) i explain to him that i had made a mistake and to tell me if he needed more medical attention ... He replied with unexpected gratefulness (and that he needed a splint), which was refreshing to me because usually when i have to restrain someone they aren't cool like that dude ! He truly understood the kush struggle lol, so i told him that i would cut his ties and that he could grab his guns at the doorway as i ran out to cut a bush down for a splint, all went as planned and i hope Jose (can i call you Jose, Joseabeu?) is still healthy and well, living with those bullet wounds like a 'G!

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 5

.... I jumpily freak out IRL and spray five bullets from the cr75 and three of them hit his torso.. He immediately goes unconscious and .....

So 9mm is any good???

The Mosin-Nagant M91/30 has a side mount scope system, mainly for the PU scope.  There are mods for the Mosin that will allow top mounted scopes IRL, which attach to where the rear sight is.   But, in the world of DayZ, don't think this will happen.. :)

What server you play on? My friend and I are looking to set up a camp and we welcome all visitors. Planning on a real chill weekend, fish, maybe going hunting and start a bonfire... in dayz though, not real life, that's no fun. 

But seriously, what exactly does your daily game play consist of?

You will never get into the sekrit exp non pvp yet pro hunter stalker club with that attitude new friend 

stop playing in my sandbox 

• Like 1

So i noticed that at the moment there are 2 different number up for Exp. 58129-052 and 58.129-061. One is a 1st person only server and another a 3rd/1st person server, does this always happen, or is another Exp being pushed ?

So i noticed that at the moment there are 2 different number up for Exp. 58129-052 and 58.129-061. One is a 1st person only server and another a 3rd/1st person server, does this always happen, or is another Exp being pushed ?

Not sure.. but the 58.129061 version has Zeds in it.  Checking to see if the weapon drop/put away issue has been addressed.

Edited by Antykain

Cool man i just done a 7 hour stint to get a V3S and crashed it, had a spare wheel but ruined both front some i gotta got rest. 

The Mosin-Nagant M91/30 has a side mount scope system, mainly for the PU scope. There are mods for the Mosin that will allow top mounted scopes IRL, which attach to where the rear sight is. But, in the world of DayZ, don't think this will happen.. :)

Yeah, I have an M44 Mosin Nagant IRL which I was able to retro fit with a hunting scope, but it requires specialty parts and is a real pain in the ass.

Btw, it's tangential but the muzzle break currently in game doesn't actually fit a 91/30. M44 refers to to the Mosin model, which is the carbine with the side mounted scope.

• Like 3

I tried both 1pp only and 3pp server with the new 58.129061 version out, and I have yet still to have my weapon be put away/dropped.  It seems to be fixed.. Along with running into a few Zeds.   :)  I am double carrying weapons btw, and all's good.   Everything seems to be playing very nicely for the time being.  

Looks like a push to stable is pretty promising from the looks of things.. o.O  

EDIT:  I spoke too soon.. I dropped my second weapon just a few mins ago.  :/

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1

Not sure.. but the 58.129061 version has Zeds in it. Checking to see if the weapon drop/put away issue has been addressed.

Yeah, I've been playing on .129061 for a few hours now and haven't dropped a weapon once. Looks like they got it.

Edit: :/

Edited by Pancakes4Dinner

What is causing the weapon drop thing, i watched a stream last night and it was said its when a player gets within a certain distance of you, any truth to this, or do we just not know yet ? 

Not sure.. but the 58.129061 version has Zeds in it.  Checking to see if the weapon drop/put away issue has been addressed.

I tried both 1pp only and 3pp server with the new 58.129061 version out, and I have yet still to have my weapon be put away/dropped.  It seems to be fixed.. Along with running into a few Zeds.   :)  I am double carrying weapons btw, and all's good.   Everything seems to be playing very nicely for the time being.  

Looks like a push to stable is pretty promising from the looks of things.. o.O  

EDIT:  I spoke too soon.. I dropped my second weapon just a few mins ago.  :/

Yeah, I've been playing on .129061 for a few hours now and haven't dropped a weapon once. Looks like they got it.

Edit: :/

At first I thought you guys might have been referring to one of the test servers, but that's obviously not the case. Very interesting. I wonder why no announcement was made trying to solicit people to play on 129061?

I jumpily freak out IRL and spray20 bullets from the mp5 and 10 of them hit his torso..... and then he proceeds to calmly headshot me with his last bullet in the blaze on point blank somehow

My version of the story

Edited by jayfkay

At first I thought you guys might have been referring to one of the test servers, but that's obviously not the case. Very interesting. I wonder why no announcement was made trying to solicit people to play on 129061?

It is strange indeed. On this particular sever I've been playing for quite a while now and still haven't experienced a weapon drop.. I'm going to be really irritated if I do now, because I just found my first SVD +2 mags(!)

Edit: And yeah, there's definitely Zeds in this build. I just shot one. Felt *sooooooo* good..

Edited by Pancakes4Dinner
  • Like 2