kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

The status report is up and I'm sure looking forward to trying .58 on a private server next week :)

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that barracks seem to just spawn endless saline bags? 

Also, thanks to whoever left the barrel and small farm in one of the northern towns on 0-4 UK, we took food, replanted and left you a note. 

Hope bandits don't take over it!

Found my first tent. Set up a camp, very well hidden. VERY well. Filled it up with things I didnt need to be carrying and went back out to do more looting. Came back and tent was gone by nightfall. Server did not reset during that time and no way did anyone find it. There were only a few people on the server so I dont see how it could have been a player. I think it just decided to go poof! :(

Maybe someone saw u running around at your camps area and took it while you were gone? O_O This happens especially when going in and out frequently.

Oh yeah,  I found 7 bags in one barrack building.  Has anyone found TTKS or gorka tops on EXP?  I know this stuff is currently spawning exclusively on the prison on stable but I find pants in military buildings and police stations but never tops. 

Where do you find Mosins? I can't seem to find one...

The house with the stairs up the side is where I have seen 2 mosin's so far. Past that I am never sure if where I find them is not where someone glitch dropped it and couldn't see it to pick it up or just plain dumped it by accident etc.

The status report is up and I'm sure looking forward to trying .58 on a private server next week :)

Just looked it over.  If they can get that persistence working, that will add a whole new level to the game.  Stashing gear across the map will make things really interesting.

Just looked it over.  If they can get that persistence working, that will add a whole new level to the game.  Stashing gear across the map will make things really interesting.

Groups and people with ample gaming time are going to love this update and will be able to keep a pet bottles filled with the delicious tears of the casual pew-pewers.

Also, thanks to whoever left the barrel and small farm in one of the northern towns on 0-4 UK, we took food, replanted and left you a note. 

Hope bandits don't take over it!

It spawns one item multiple times. Sometimes it's a saline, sometimes a bipod, sometimes it's a pilot helmet, sometimes it's boxes ok sks ammo etc

Edited by freethink

I feel like the status report is at odds with my exp experience - anyone else. Love the game, love you guys, love the devs but tents are persistent for 45 days apparently, imo they were lucky to persist for 4 to 5 days. It's this kind of hyperbolic exaggeration that causes backlash when things go wrong.

It spawns one item multiple times. Sometimes it's a saline, sometimes a bipod, sometimes it's a pilot helmet, sometimes it's boxes ok sks ammo etc

Seems to me this is what's happening. This happens all over, I've seen 4 boxes of cereal, 5 hoes, 5 bags of rice, this happens in one house.

We'll see with tomorrows, not sure about persistence since we haven't had much Dev updates with what they've been doing in experimental.   

I feel like the status report is at odds with my exp experience - anyone else. Love the game, love you guys, love the devs but tents are persistent for 45 days apparently, imo they were lucky to persist for 4 to 5 days. It's this kind of hyperbolic exaggeration that causes backlash when things go wrong.

I've only lost one barrel that I dropped during the 60 second warning for a server reset, that's not counting the fact I don't think we got a week without a wipe. 

I've only lost one barrel that I dropped during the 60 second warning for a server reset, that's not counting the fact I don't think we got a week without a wipe.

that's pretty good going. I just feel that .58 is pretty great without over promising in the report. how can they claim 45 days when none of us have had anything close to that amount of time? Setting themselves up for a fall imo.

that's pretty good going. I just feel that .58 is pretty great without over promising in the report. how can they claim 45 days when none of us have had anything close to that amount of time? Setting themselves up for a fall imo.

Not disagreeing with you or anyone else who's reported lost camps and such. The way the status report is describing cleanup and rarity to my understanding I'm going to get out early hoarding like I believe it'll work though.

Only time will tell and it sounds like were gonna get a month or so to try. 

I think 58 is a great release but they are going to be found out with the lies about 45 day persistence and that's going to be a shitstorm. you and i (and the rest of the exp heads are cool with it but stable not such much.)

I just feel they are going down the same road they went when they pretended there were no hackers. I always think it's better to admit a problem and fix it than pretend it doesn't exist.

Edited by freethink

It's seem like they are trying to get to a nice version for people to play (while starting another big tech push, hopefully!), and it is. It not bug free, but is it expected to be?  It miles better than boring .57.

Edited by Coheed_IV

The issue your experiencing seems to be a malfunctioning of the clean-up system. Perhaps a more accurate way of saying it would have been, "45 days when it's working as intended."

In 0.55, I had a camp in the same spot for nearly two months.

• Like 2

The issue your experiencing seems to be a malfunctioning of the clean-up system. Perhaps a more accurate way of saying it would have been, "45 days when it's working as intended."

maybe we should roll back lol

Honestly though if you were writing the status reports would you honestly say tents are persistent for 45 days given your recent exp. experience? (Or did you actually play this release?)

Edited by freethink

Speaking of cleanup when the turned the infected spawning servers back to normal ones I didn't see the point in staying on a swe 0-2 and moved my camp back to a North American server. Rather move the hundreds of pumpkin slices I had in a car tent and barrels I just ditched them on the ground and was going to grab some when the tents and barrels were moved. Each time I would log out and hop servers when I came back any loot I had discarded was still there but the pumpkin slices would despawn in the time it took to hop off and back to get more stuff I was taking.

I also had three bag camps through most of .55 two small ones on the center of each coast with basics to get me to a third base camp in the middle of the map and never lost anything due to persistence failure. Those teleporting zombies made sure I interacted with the coast camps fairly regularly though.

I'm optimistic and really looking forward to the playstyle this will make for if it works. 

• Like 1

The bear trap and tripwire were gone too - quite a lot of people mentioned tents disappearing. Yeah it could've been stolen but more likely just wiped. It was pretty full and if I was stealing, I'd steal the items I wanted and leave the tent or if I wanted the tent I'd have to empty it, leaving items around it that I didn't want. It was gone with no indication it was ever there. deffo got wiped imo.

Just happened to me again.  Backpacks on the ground (some full, some not), barrels (some full, some not), and fireplace (with tripod and pot full of delicious venison) all vanished sometime in the last few hours on SC02.  I've been checking it several times a day and manipulating items in the containers (to see if that made a difference).  The six trucks are still in place with all their cargo - no one came by and stole a barrel with a RAK, a talon with a 1911, and a fireplace, and left a scoped winchester or an MP5 (much less a battery and glowplug) that were in the trucks. 

Wish they'd figure out what the heck is going on with persistence.  I still wonder if it is an issue with total item number.  Gonna set up an alternate smaller camp and see what happens.

On the other hand, drove all around the map for about 4 hours today.  Dynamic events (police cars and helicrahes) seem to be working great.  Drive by an empty field, nada; come back 2 hours later, helicrash.  See 2 police cars in Stary; come back an hour later, both gone.  Very neat.

Further, discovered today that you can repair burlap sacks with a sewing kit.  Don't know why you would.  But you can.

Finally, didn't trucks used to go faster?  Now they're maxed at 62.

• Like 1

Just happened to me again.  Backpacks on the ground (some full, some not), barrels (some full, some not), and fireplace (with tripod and pot full of delicious venison) all vanished sometime in the last few hours on SC02.  I've been checking it several times a day and manipulating items in the containers (to see if that made a difference).  The six trucks are still in place with all their cargo - no one came by and stole a barrel with a RAK, a talon with a 1911, and a fireplace, and left a scoped winchester or an MP5 (much less a battery and glowplug) that were in the trucks. 

Wish they'd figure out what the heck is going on with persistence.  I still wonder if it is an issue with total item number.  Gonna set up an alternate smaller camp and see what happens.

On the other hand, drove all around the map for about 4 hours today.  Dynamic events (police cars and helicrahes) seem to be working great.  Drive by an empty field, nada; come back 2 hours later, helicrash.  See 2 police cars in Stary; come back an hour later, both gone.  Very neat.

Further, discovered today that you can repair burlap sacks with a sewing kit.  Don't know why you would.  But you can.

Have you tried waiting 45 days?

(sorry but...)

Edited by freethink
  • Like 3

Since we have had several loot and character wipes in 0.58, it is reasonable to assume that the M4 must have been spawning at some point, or there would be no raw material available, with which to dupe.

I love it when logic destroys an argument. Good job Bill. What's even funnier is that he seemed not to notice this point in his next reply.

Secondly, it seems to me that the larger and more troubling concern is that duping is still a thing. 

And this is how you can tell the person who bought this to PVP apart from the person who bought an alpha survival game to be a part of the development process apart.

• Like 2

*snip*

Yeah, they used to go 80 or 90kmh.

They accelerate way faster now though and seem to be able to climb some pretty serious hills if you get the engine screaming and don't stop.

• Like 1

Yeah, they used to go 80 or 90kmh.

They accelerate way faster now though and seem to be able to climb some pretty serious hills if you get the engine screaming and don't stop.

That's what I thought.  Of course, in 1PP, I have to drive a bit slower.  Such a screwed up non-view you have when driving.

• Like 4

That's what I thought. Of course, in 1PP, I have to drive a bit slower. Such a screwed up non-view you have when driving.

Just had a hairy ride from Msta to a hiding spot Saw three or four more abandoned on the road aside from two more I saw before I got a battery. Gonna be a fun nite or I'm gonna die trying.