kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

apart from tents and immediately after the servers came up has anyone seen an sks anywhere else?

also spawns in the fat barracks(and the narrow ones to a lesser extent) are messed up, it's generally one item spawning multiple times. On the upside I've about 200 sks rounds but I've also seen like 10 pilots helmets or ten bipods.

I'm rocking a mosin which thankfully I have ammo for with a pu plus a shotty and 1911 - I'm guessing a lot of people are the same

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

apart from tents and immediately after the servers came up has anyone seen an sks anywhere else?

I haven't seen them outside mil spawns in .58 at all. Not sure if they were player discarded bit have seen mosins in both civ and mil spawns though.

Expect the first two all require you to find something.  Have fun trying to grow crops without seeds, water, tools and the fertilizer.  Fishing maybe but again you actually need to find items to make it work, not like you can catch them with your hands.  And no, I am not playing a game where I spend all my time picking apples.  Never had much luck with berries,  is it more productive than picking apples?  

My point was that it seems almost all the spawn points cities are barren of anything worth while.  You are better off just blowing them off and using that extra time traveling further inland and hoping someone else did't already hit up the next village.   Unless the loot system ramps up with server activity, I seriously doubt the current system would be able to handle a fully populated server.  Not to mention you completely neglected the elements.  My first death last night was actually due to it being night, raining and no proper clothing because Svet was empty and someone had already cleared Olsha out.  So eventually the cold, rain and already low food levels spelled my doom.

I was playing upon the SE 1pp server last weekend but I noticed last night they were gone.  I am more of a 3pp type of person (not because I like "peaking") and it was an interesting change but having around 6 people on the server made it pretty boring and I eventually went back to 3pp.

When you wake up on the beach, immediately "Search for stones".. Do this until you get a stone. After you have a stone in your hands, "Craft stone knife" on the same beachy/gravel surface.. 

You now have an improvised knife.

Use the knife to cut your shirt into rags.

Throw away your glow stick.

Scrounge for loot to find a water bottle (they aren't rare..)

Eat any food you come across using the knife to open cans.

With the sharp rock you can get sticks from trees, which will allow you to make an improvised bow.. you can also get bark and a stick to make improvised fire-start kit, which will allow you to ignite a fire.. 

Basically, once you have these 3 items, you can survive. Stone knife, Canteen/water bottle/Rags.

• Like 6

also spawns in the fat barracks(and the narrow ones the a less extent) are messed up, it's generally one item spawning multiple times. On the upside I've about 200 sks rounds but I've also seen like 10 pilots helmets or ten bipods.

I'm rocking a mosin which thankfully I have ammo for with a pu plus a shotty and 1911 - I'm guessing a lot of people are the same

Have you noticed inside the barracks, the ones with bunks on the left and right and the space in the middle, that when you're running around inside, the frames are a little glitchy? Also when you are looking outside to the open while standing near the doorway, there is some graphical issues .. something to with rendering perhaps? A lot of the environment is missing until you break the threshold. Not sure if this has something to do with my actual settings or not but maybe some of you have witnessed it for yourselves.

I have screenshots of it but I guess I can't link them from my steam library?

• Like 1

I haven't seen them outside mil spawns in .58 at all. Not sure if they were player discarded bit have seen mosins in both civ and mil spawns though.

mosins defo spawn in non mil areas - i've seen two spawn in the same building. sks seems to be grouped with the rest of the mil spawns now. I did the nwaf twice today along with 2x veresnik and the 1x tents at myshkino and didn't see a gun at all. Found more sks ammo than I can carry and also found a pu early but have yet to see an sks except I was watching a stream earlier and saw one at the nwaf tents.

• Like 1

Have you noticed inside the barracks, the ones with bunks on the left and right and the space in the middle, that when you're running around inside, the frames are a little glitchy? Also when you are looking outside to the open while standing near the doorway, there is some graphical issues .. something to with rendering perhaps? A lot of the environment is missing until you break the threshold. Not sure if this has something to do with my actual settings or not but maybe some of you have witnessed it for yourselves.

I have screenshots of it but I guess I can't link them from my steam library?

I meant to mention that. It's bizarre. It's like it just stops every meter or so.

i just find out an hunting scope in a deer stand just norh of elektro. here on Exp ... The thing is I was starving. So just before go unconscious i was able to hidden the scope in the wood and retrive it few minutes later. LOL

I had bad luck with deer stands last night. Every one of them had most, if not all of their loot hovering a few meters above the roof of the stand.

Some "friendly" survivor left activated bear traps in a couple of the deer stands. Luckily, I spotted them in the nick of time.

I never did find a hunting scope, but I did find one pristine and one worn PU scope, along with several damaged ones.

When you wake up on the beach, immediately "Search for stones".. Do this until you get a stone. After you have a stone in your hands, "Craft stone knife" on the same beachy/gravel surface.. 

You now have an improvised knife.

Use the knife to cut your shirt into rags.

Throw away your glow stick.

Scrounge for loot to find a water bottle (they aren't rare..)

Eat any food you come across using the knife to open cans.

With the sharp rock you can get sticks from trees, which will allow you to make an improvised bow.. you can also get bark and a stick to make improvised fire-start kit, which will allow you to ignite a fire.. 

Basically, once you have these 3 items, you can survive. Stone knife, Canteen/water bottle/Rags.

Even when waterbottles are/were rare the basically useless tincture bottles can be emptied and used to water garden plots from a swamp one at a time. Seeds and garden tools have never been hard to find even when there was "no loot" awhile back.

I think allot of the players complaining about the lack of food as long as I've been playing (.53-.54) think that anyone using the games horticulture mechanics just sit there in a cowboy hat with no shirt and wellies watching pumpkins grow for days on end. Realistically it doesn't take any longer than looting a small town for canned goods but can be done in an easily defensible position off the beaten path in relative safety while recovering from injuries or planning you next move.

Been having garbage luck hunting lately though, glad I added a fish trap to my bag of tricks.  

• Like 4

mosins defo spawn in non mil areas - i've seen two spawn in the same building. sks seems to be grouped with the rest of the mil spawns now. I did the nwaf twice today along with 2x veresnik and the 1x tents at myshkino and didn't see a gun at all. Found more sks ammo than I can carry and also found a pu early but have yet to see an sks except I was watching a stream earlier and saw one at the nwaf tents.

Sorry if I was unclear, yes it seems mosins are civ only (seen a few that I think were dropped at mil sites) and sks do not seem to appear in civ loot tables at all anymore, neither do stripper clips which I believe used to?

• Like 1

Sorry if I was unclear, yes it seems mosins are civ only (seen a few that I think were dropped at mil sites) and sks do not seem to appear in civ loot tables at all anymore, neither do stripper clips which I believe used to?

Last .58 I had an sks with fuck all ammo and no scope (eventually got a scope just before the wipe) - this .58 I have about 200 rounds, a pristine scope and no sks - the dayz gods are mocking me.

Edited by freethink

good to see u guys find guns in dayz?

hows the build overall?

think its ready for stable anytime this week?

DayZ is still a target rich environment, in terms of bugs and quirks, but we love it anyway. Sometimes we fixate on a “feature” even though there are far more serious issues which require attention. I know that I do. Please bear with me, while I obsess for a moment.

Loot Predictability

I don't think that this could be considered a bug, it's just one of those “features” that breaks immersion for me. Therefore, I'm sure that this must be pretty low on the devs list of things to do. Without further ado, in my best Seinfeld:

“Did you ever wonder why when you go into a feed shack and find a pair of Winter Hunting Pants, the next five feed shacks will have Winter Hunting Pants, too? What's up with that?

“Did you ever wonder why when you go into a deer stand and find a damaged PU scope, the next five deer stands will also contain damaged PU scopes? What's up with that?

If I'm out and about and I find a P1 pistol, why is it that the next five pistols I find will also be P1s? I would like to know!

I think that you get the point. The CLE seems to spawn items in groups and obvious patterns like this makes me crazy (as if I need a nudge in that direction). The CLE has been receiving quite a bit of attention from the devs lately and while they are there, I would like to express my hope that they will eventually be able to add an element of randomness to the mix.

• Like 4

Hicks has said that there are loot table tweaks coming in during the rest of the week.  One guess would be to test over the weekend and maybe look for a stable update next week.  Although, with the infected infestation testing going on, they might be looking to bring that in as well prior to a move to stable.  All in all, not a bad build by any means.

good to see u guys find guns in dayz?

hows the build overall?

think its ready for stable anytime this week?

I feel like the cle worked better last release. I'm talking about the first few days. After 3 days it all seems to go badly wrong regardless.

Edited by freethink

I'd be curious to understand how the logic is defined for item spawns, locations, etc. as well, but suspect this to be the secret sauce.  There appears to be a rotation occurring of items during different times of the day too.  This makes some sense to me in that the world becomes more dynamic in nature, but can also detract from the immersive side depending on how you play.

Marathon sessions for instance, how did "said" item end up in some spot that didn't have anything there before?  From a project management perspective this becomes problematic.  I don't envy the internal discussions that must occur to sort this balancing of survival elements that many of us enjoy versus pvp.  Over time, the is going to shift and with it so does the balance of power within game.

To balance this, I suspect the environment must be hostile enough to eliminate through attrition the longer you play.  Premise being that eventually we all die.  I'm ok with this personally to be honest.  What fun is it once your king of the castle with no risk?

Loot Predictability

I don't think that this could be considered a bug, it's just one of those “features” that breaks immersion for me. Therefore, I'm sure that this must be pretty low on the devs list of things to do. Without further ado, in my best Seinfeld:

“Did you ever wonder why when you go into a feed shack and find a pair of Winter Hunting Pants, the next five feed shacks will have Winter Hunting Pants, too? What's up with that?

“Did you ever wonder why when you go into a deer stand and find a damaged PU scope, the next five deer stands will also contain damaged PU scopes? What's up with that?

If I'm out and about and I find a P1 pistol, why is it that the next five pistols I find will also be P1s? I would like to know!

I think that you get the point. The CLE seems to spawn items in groups and obvious patterns like this makes me crazy (as if I need a nudge in that direction). The CLE has been receiving quite a bit of attention from the devs lately and while they are there, I would like to express my hope that they will eventually be able to add an element of randomness to the mix.

• Like 3

DayZ is still a target rich environment, in terms of bugs and quirks, but we love it anyway. Sometimes we fixate on a “feature” even though there are far more serious issues which require attention. I know that I do. Please bear with me, while I obsess for a moment.

Loot Predictability

While I obviously don't know how the CLE is implemented I can imagine that the devs currently use pseudo random variables to get more comparable results of different regions. Maybe it's a bug but I think it would be really easy to make things more random. But if you want reach a certain goal you have to understand the current situation and if everything is random this is much harder.

• Like 2

Finally:

dNilmh.jpg

Where were you all my life?

PXMnfV.jpg

Trying to figure out what to drop to take this 4th battery.  Already dropped a 30rd, pristine scope MP5 for the 3rd.  This is what DayZ has become.  :D

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

What the heck!  I haven't seen a hunter's backpack since .57!  What server did you find that on?  Are different servers spawning different loot?

unfortunately, the leather sack turned into a vest when i dyed it... but here is the full suit. would be interested to know if any ones dyed clothes look different.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=490002419

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=490002357

Put that shit back in my tent, dammit!

Finally:

dNilmh.jpg

Where were you all my life?

PXMnfV.jpg

Trying to figure out what to drop to take this 4th battery.  Already dropped a 30rd, pristine scope MP5 for the 3rd.  This is what DayZ has become.   :D

• Like 2

I sure hope so... best way to thwart server hoppers.  Make it irrelevant!

Are different servers spawning different loot?

I did notice something last night, though. For the past several months, whenever I'm standing at the edge of the map and looking off into the testing area, I would reliably get 180FPS. Last night I was only getting 85FPS. Additionally, I wasn't getting any FPS boosts when looking up into the sky, or down at my feet. I hope that a FPS cap hasn't been implemented. I can always cap myself by using Nvidia Inspector, if I wish to, so there is no need for the devs to "help" me with this. I'm anxious to test this again tonight on the new build.

Last night I loaded up the new build and I headed up North, to the edge of the map where I gazed out into the abyss. The result - 125 glorious FPS. So it would appear that the the current build has taken a step back into the right direction and my concern about a FPS cap is unfounded. Apparently, what I had been experiencing on the previous build was just good old fashioned poor performance. It would seem that something apart from the zeds is pulling the frame rate down. Hopefully the devs will be able to sort these issues out soon, so that those cuddly zeds can be added back into the mix.

One each conspiracy theory, successfully debunked.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting this error logging in?  This is not new, just got around to posting it with an image.

ZDjrhf0.png

Anyone else getting this error logging in?  This is not new, just got around to posting it with an image.

ZDjrhf0.png

I am.