boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Dunno if anyone has noticed this before, but if you take the suicide pose (F11) with a loaded gun, your character starts to breathe really hard.

f6xkKGl.jpg

It's small nuances like this which make me love this game.

Already noticed it before, it's pretty awesome and realistic. :)

What would be the point of making the game really hard and unforgiving at this point. In a sense the game shouldnt even be playable yet. Gearing up in 30 minutes means you get to test the new stuff faster.

For which mechanics do you need fully military gear for? As far as I know none. If there is a lot of loot people gear up and go PvP. They don't test the survival features because they don't need to.

In the experimental when loot was scarce I spent hours in the forest just chilling and surviving without looting. Now I am just looting and didn't use any survival feature.

So features actually don't get tested when there is so much loot.

• Like 4

really need a battleye update... invisible players in kamy breaking freshies legs again....

Also they should include some minimal level of formatting for the update notes, hard to read.

Already noticed it before, it's pretty awesome and realistic. :)

For which mechanics do you need fully military gear for? As far as I know none. If there is a lot of loot people gear up and go PvP. They don't test the survival features because they don't need to.

In the experimental when loot was scarce I spent hours in the forest just chilling and surviving without looting. Now I am just looting and didn't use any survival feature.

So features actually don't get tested when there is so much loot.

Didn't you answer your own question here? I think the cards are dealt by the devs and we play what we are dealt. No food, we play forage, no animals, we try fishing, new zombies, we play smash dem zombies, tons of gear, we play pvp. Plus the flaregun glitch so many players are carrying lots of rifles and with lots of ammo and mags and clips, there is a lot of gun testing going on as well. People are complaining that pvp is screwy in a way that makes it hard to drop a player. Maybe they are testing pvp like you said.

Edited by Excanto
  • Like 1

Didn't you answer your own question here? I think the cards are dealt by the devs and we play what we are dealt. No food, we play forage, no animals, we try fishing, new zombies, we play smash dem zombies, tons of gear, we play pvp. Plus the flaregun glitch so many players are carrying lots of rifles and with lots of ammo and mags and clips, there is a lot of gun testing going on as well. People are complaining that pvp is screwy in a way that makes it hard to drop a player. Maybe they are testing pvp like you said.

Half of your explanation is true but one half isn't. True, developers direct the game in certain directions indirectly. If there is no persistence and a lot of loot there will be more PvP, true.

But when there is no loot, instead of testing these survival mechanics a lot of people are coming to complain and stop playing.

The point here is, these people don't want to test, they want to run and gun. If loot gets scarce, instead of complaining, I adept to it. If that isn't possible I wait until it gets better.

What I'm trying to tell is that they only want to PvP and don't want to test the rest of the game. I don't call that testing, it's just playing the game and if they can't they whine.

• Like 1

I haven't checked the entire forums but do fish fillets ever get fully cooked, or do they stay raw?

I haven't checked the entire forums but do fish fillets ever get fully cooked, or do they stay raw?

Fairly sure I seen talk of this earlier in the thread. Last I checked, you could search inside a thread to keywords. Give it a try and let us know what you find.

From what people have said lately, cook it until it changes color once. Then they say it is safe to eat, although apparently it still says raw fish. Heresay, since I have yet to try fishing successfully.

• Like 1

As Excanto already mentioned, cook/fry until it changes from pinkish to a yellowish color. Never got sick when it was yellowish.
  • Like 1

Where did all the zombies go?

To see Inside Out, the new Pixar Movie. They should be back when they run out of popcorn. Zed's love the popcorn... :P

• Like 1

As Excanto already mentioned, cook/fry until it changes from pinkish to a yellowish color. Never got sick when it was yellowish.

^ This

If you cook the fish until it is a black, charred lump, the description still indicates raw. Disregard the broken description and watch for the color change. If you wait too long and let it burn (2nd color change), this will likely make you sick.

• Like 1

What I'm trying to tell is that they only want to PvP and don't want to test the rest of the game. I don't call that testing, it's just playing the game and if they can't they whine.

Who only wants PvP? The developers?

Loot is spawning a lot because they are testing the location and frequency of loot spawning across the map, and working on proper item cleanup. They are also making small tweaks to the CLE and other features (i.e. box o' nails), so if you are paying close attention, and on properly configured servers, you notice things starting to balance.

Today I tried to figure out the sitrep on item cleanup. I looted an entire small town after a fresh restart, brought all the items to one area, and waited to see how long it took for items to start disappearing.

The only things that stayed on the ground after a long period of time were: Backpacks, Primary Weapons, Fireplaces, Garden Plots

Almost all other items despawned after a somewhat long period of time (15-30 minutes, didn't really time it), but I didn't get a chance to try tents / items in tents (items would despawn after a while during 0.57 exp inside of tents)

The server I'm testing on is respawning loot completely after every restart (4 hours), and everything wipes (trucks, tents, all loot on ground).

Bonus: Found a (full?) 100 box of matches. Still "worn". Not sure if anyone's found anything higher. Post screenshots if you've gotten 100+. (This is where I was testing the loot despawn rates).

QeMh4AW.jpg

Edited by tux
  • Like 3

Where did all the zombies go?

Well I have been hanging out in a pretty big town and I roam from one end to the other and sniper all the zombies with my silenced AKM. I grab some more ammo, food and hit a water pump and then head back through and a bunch have respawned and I blast my way to the other side. I take a wide loop into the wilderness and check some hunting stands and then come back around to town and there are more zombies. I had one pop up on me in a small town after I had executed several from the hill top and looted the whole town and was about to light a fire.

KPm8Y1U.jpg

*cries* and yes they are tears of joy!

Who only wants PvP? The developers?

Loot is spawning a lot because they are testing the location and frequency of loot spawning across the map, and working on proper item cleanup. They are also making small tweaks to the CLE and other features (i.e. box o' nails), so if you are paying close attention, and on properly configured servers, you notice things starting to balance.

Today I tried to figure out the sitrep on item cleanup. I looted an entire small town after a fresh restart, brought all the items to one area, and waited to see how long it took for items to start disappearing.

The only things that stayed on the ground after a long period of time were: Backpacks, Primary Weapons, Fireplaces, Garden Plots

Almost all other items despawned after a somewhat long period of time (15-30 minutes, didn't really time it), but I didn't get a chance to try tents / items in tents (items would despawn after a while during 0.57 exp inside of tents)

The server I'm testing on is respawning loot completely after every restart (4 hours), and everything wipes (trucks, tents, all loot on ground).

Bonus: Found a (full?) 100 box of matches. Still "worn". Not sure if anyone's found anything higher. Post screenshots if you've gotten 100+. (This is where I was testing the loot despawn rates).

QeMh4AW.jpg

Loot is spawning at a restart because persistence is off. They are trying to fix the REspawning of loot, not the spawning. It is a big difference mate. ;)

Loot is spawning at a restart because persistence is off. They are trying to fix the REspawning of loot, not the spawning. It is a big difference mate. ;)

I'm talking about loot cleanup, not loot spawning / REspawning:

"Lastly - as development with 0.57 wraps up, the current iteration of the Central Loot Economy will have loot persistence (the saving of spawned and dropped loot, as well as tents) disabled - while the programming team resolves the blocking issues with item cleanup, and rolls out support for per-building quantity controls to ensure an even spread of loot across the world (slaying those pesky loot splosions). This means that when servers restart, fresh loot will be respawned to ensure an enjoyable experience on stable branch." - Hicks

In the most recent Status Report

Edited by tux

I'm talking about loot cleanup, not loot spawning / REspawning:

In the most recent Status Report

The item you describe in your post were already persistent in 0.55. The respawning of items was the main issue and the reason they forced persistence with server restart off.

Clean up checks every 5 seconds and despawns items which needs to be despawned and respawns new items. So my guess is that they refer to the respawn part of the clean up and not the despawning of items.

Item despawning was working as intended as far as I know.

Do rabbits get into rabbit snares right now? Is it important where to place them? I placed one on gras land near a wood and a field road. Waited about 15 minutes, no rabbit. To short?

I haven't checked the forums in like two weeks ... Anything exciting going down ? I've heard talk of boxes of nails and engines and tranq guns ... I'm so excite ! Ive been in a dinosaur daze lately what with Ark survival and JW in theaters (lol summer Dino obsesh)... Dayz ftw , I forgot how wonky and unbalanced other games are compared to this game lol , in ark survival I get raided in my base every damn night because Dino riders are OP as fuck in that game ... If only the dayz devs were to make a realistic dinosaur survival game, I would PLAY THE SHIT OUTTA THAT!

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if Persistence and Crashes are working on Private hives?

Can anyone tell me if Persistence and Crashes are working on Private hives?

Persistence is off on private hives as well. Crashes seem to be working (the same 3 static ones). Found an AUG, two coupled 30rd mags, NATO suppressor and an AK101 mag at a crash site the other day. Also boots, M4 carry handle and a BUIS. Didn't really want the AUG since I have an AKM but took it anyway because it was the first one I had seen in game. 

• Like 1

Guys:

I apologize if this was asked before, havent been able to find it: are the fishing nets spawning at all in the 0.57?.   Having a hard time to find them.

Thank You.

Guys:

I apologize if this was asked before, havent been able to find it: are the fishing nets spawning at all in the 0.57?.   Having a hard time to find them.

Thank You.

According to other posters, yes. I haven't seen any but I haven't really been looking all that hard for them. 

Do rabbits get into rabbit snares right now? Is it important where to place them? I placed one on gras land near a wood and a field road. Waited about 15 minutes, no rabbit. To short?

I have had zero luck with rabbits on 0.57 Stable. I'm sure they're possible to trap, but the success rate seems to be insanely low in 0.57. By comparison, I can trap fish with an almost 100% success rate right now (which is useless because sardines can't be prepared or cooked right now anyway).

• Like 1

I have had zero luck with rabbits on 0.57 Stable. I'm sure they're possible to trap, but the success rate seems to be insanely low in 0.57. By comparison, I can trap fish with an almost 100% success rate right now (which is useless because sardines can't be prepared or cooked right now anyway).

Are sardines the only fish in the game right now? So only ocean fishing? I've been wanting to try fishing some of the inland ponds I've seen around. Surely there should be some freshwater fish?