boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

No point in discussing alpha with someone who doesn't understand alpha.

There is no point in discussing automobiles with some people, either. Or, more generally, issues surrounding cause and effect.

• Like 2

Went to a heli crash expecting to find nothing. Came out with a Steyr AUG with 2 coupled mags and a NATO suppressor. Screw AK's XD

• Like 2

Went to a heli crash expecting to find nothing. Came out with a Steyr AUG with 2 coupled mags and a NATO suppressor. Screw AK's XD

Yeah, the trick is carrying a kitted MP5, kitted AKM, and kitted AUG, with none in your hands. That way, you can still pick up an SVD if you find one...

Change log coming soon.

Use it or lose it but always Edit.

183.4 mb from Exp to Stable.

Stable to Stable 1.3gb.

A week and no changelog??? Come on...! :/

• Like 1

Yeah, the trick is carrying a kitted MP5, kitted AKM, and kitted AUG, with none in your hands. That way, you can still pick up an SVD if you find one...

Nah man, just get a few flare guns. Store everything in those, and pick up the SVD when you find one :P

Nah man, just get a few flare guns. Store everything in those, and pick up the SVD when you find one :P

Flare guns are pretty hard to find, especially now that everyone knows about this exploit. 

I've started grabbing up every single gas stove attachment that I can find. I realized you don't even need a butane tank to stack a cooking pot / frying pan and turn it from 2x2 to 1x2. It's like having storage items (ammo boxes, protector cases, med kits, etc.) with capacity increasing storage again. 

Didn't realize that Blue Medical Scrubs Hat was in the game yet. This is the first piece of the medical scrubs that I've come across so far.

I5mZw4l.jpg

Found them in the older school (office?) building. I realized that I hadn't been in this building since early .56 exp; didn't know what would show up.

Edited by tux

first: can we have a link to the changelog? Preferably on OP post

second: Is persistence enabled for tents on current stable version?

I find the MP5 to be pretty fun. A nice acog scope makes aiming pretty accurate, even though bullet drop is a bit more than I am used to with a 9mm. Lots of mags around, so I can easily replenish after a fun hike though a big town and yeah the zombies come out of the woodwork after you fire one shot. I found a ak-74, kastan scope and mag and assembled it and dropped it on the donation porch. Ran to the next one and gosh, ak-74, kastan scope and mag, assemble, drop. People spawning are going to be happy finding those in the road. I have the model 70 on my back and 3 svd 10 round mags in my pack. I grabbed the ammo box just for good measure and it doesn't hurt. Since the zombies are around in the big town, I'm living there now. Hold up in a nice room with a view, lots of food and several water pumps. I cruise off exploring and make a big wide circle back home. I think I'll start experimenting on the zombies, maybe try to feed some or give some medicine. Perhaps I'll use that jump starter on one if I can find a battery. Oh I know I will make a big circle of fire and beckon one in to play roast the zombie. Get up and play with me zombie <blam blam> get up before you friggen die <blam blam> .  On the fighting zombies note, they still seem to move thru me and end up behind me to the side and I have to be the one that gets into face to face position to punch or stab them. It's almost like now they do the side step swing thing. :-D When I was in a truck a zombie in the road actually got out of my way and dodged me and then gave chase. I thought it was a player when I saw it dodge.

• Like 2

I did finally see an AK101 mag at a UH-1 crash site near the above referenced Humvee. Didn't bother with it since I've yet to see an AK101 or 5.56 ammo on this build. Strange that it would be at a UH-1 crash site though. Maybe someone else dropped it there to make room for other goodies?

nah, I've found M4s and Augs at MI8 crashes.
  • Like 1

I might get smacked for saying this, but hit Pustoshka after a reset. Look for the Humvee. I see a lot of AKM and drum mags there. It's a good town, with little traffic after a reset. Everyone is on a mad dash for the choppers...

Indeed.

While I don't find any harm in confirming that something that can't be found by one player is indeed spawning, telling them specifically where they can find the item should get the post removed by mods.

I don't even think telling generic locations, ie - all deer stands for example, is really all that bad either. But as one of the people who makes alternating circuits across the map while looting, all you did was empower server hopping *$$holes, and guarenteed that it'll be empty when I get there...

Edited by E.J.
  • Like 1

first: can we have a link to the changelog? Preferably on OP post

second: Is persistence enabled for tents on current stable version?

have not seen this 0.57 stable changelog yet either.. i dont think its been released.. *could be wrong.

persistence is off all items even with vehicles..

game still desyncs like a dog.. IMO feel no improvement.

trucks drive slower..

trucks use more fuel due to^

trucks feel as if there on ice if front wheels go..

loot distribution IMO feels off. *is the start of the CLE so.. *still loot spolsions etc

unable to pull weapons out consistently *requires log out/log in

vaulting can sometimes drop your weapon if in hand..

entering a vehicle with a weapon in hand drops it...

can gear up at 1 - 2 guard houses with ease.. bere pvp is where its at!

sometimes public servers restart with 0 items.. *told by GSP its fixed... 

zeds go thru walls again...

new hunting scope *long range replacement

2 new guns.. svd and winchester 

new school building that is full of clothes.

HELI'S ARE STATIC.... *wtf... ikr..

rest is not worth mentioning...IMO...

there is a basic changelog for ya!

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

For the ones who answered my question where I could find AK's, I finally found one.

Found an AK47 and a mag in the prison building of Zelenogorsk. After the server restart I found a Kashtan scope, a suppressor and another mag there. As if it was meant to be that way. :)

Which would be the best place to find a Smersh Vest because the jailhouses and guardhouses wasn't any good to me. Even after multiple restart and being there first and moved everything away, still no go.

Devs are so quiet...

I hope we hear something today.

So many great changes coming in the next few months!!

*Hey, regulars?

You ready for the current wave of new forumers to get bored and a new wave with repeat threads and uninspired internet chest pounding to come through?

:facepalm:

How many names do you think I've seen come and go over the last 3 years?

We've actually been lucky lately to see some exemplary new blood in here lately.

ColdAtrophy, Veyda, tux, IMT... it's fantastic to get new people who understand and contribute well, thanks!!

If only the rest of the new testers understood this process the way you do, we would have much more productive discussions.

Thanks for the mention and I would also like to thank all the people who actively contribute and share their knowledge. I like active communities like on the Experimental topic where people contribute and share their knowledge. As in real life and also in DayZ, knowledge is the key to life.

A lot of people come to this topic and start crying about no changelog, no changes, etc. If more people would attend the Experimental topic and the Experimental build they wouldn't need the changelog.

Trust me people, I learned a lot because of this community. Read the Experimental and Stable topics (everything) and attend the Experimental builds.

You will notice that you will learn so much from that and answers a lot of questions here. I see a lot of people who just come here and cry or ask a question and didn't even read the answer which was given before, it really sickens me.

Actually, this patch is pretty boring, content wise. Besides the SVD, it isn't offering us much new. The lootsplosions are still there, zeds and animals are basically gone, dynamic events are still static, and performance doesn't seem much better overall. The one thing it does offer is Hope. Playing exp and stable, you can see where they are trying to go, but they hit major performance roadblocks and are trying to figure it out. I don't think it will be easy, and I suspect we will have this .57 for a while. I am managing to keep it interesting by server hopping fresh restarts looking for an SVD. Beyond that, its boring.

I agree but it's boring for me for another reason. For me there is too much loot, had the same thing with 0.55. You got geared up in 0.55 in 20 to 30 minutes and was hardcore geared in 1 to 2 hours (AK101/AKM, (drum) mags, Gorka, food, ammo, etc.). Now it's a bit the same only it takes a bit longer to find all those items (still searching for that damn Smersh Vest). After you have what you want it's done, the game/patch get's boring. However if getting all those items would take much longer it would still be fun.

Now there is so much loot because persistence is off. I'm hoping that it will soon be on and that items will be harder to find. I could have hours of fun with building a camp and surviving in nature and then go loot some high-end loot.

So persistence on will definitely bring the fun back for me.

And I strongly disagree with you on the content wise part. So much new functions and things has been added. Think about the cooking with a stick, fishing, bows are back, improved zombies, etc.

Pens are spawning! I saw a few in deer huts.

The only items I can't seem to find are batteries and mp5 buttstock, and iirc the buttstock wasn't in .57 experimental either.

Someone above mentioned pistol silencer, I have seen 2, both on the shelves inside the yellow garages (the ones that police car spawn)

I think I found around a dozen buttstocks now. Look near the tanks at Veresnik, Zelenogorsk, etc. They mainly spawn at the tanks along with RAK, mags for MP5, mags for RAK and bunch of other stuff.

You will also find them in police stations.

I agree, @wasnu. I don't get why everyone is getting all bent out of shape about the lack of patch notes. Between forum posts, people datamining the game files, and actually playing the game, it has all been found and discussed.

As Early Access testers, we don't get the normal giant serving of a finished game which means we also won't get the "new game" experience. Instead, we get whatever is available on Stable when we begin playing and then we get patches that add a bit each time. If they spelled out every last thing that was added during each patch immediately, there would be none of the joys of discovery. One of the most fun things we all like do to on the Experimental threads is to be the first to post about something new we found in the patch and in this way we provide a microcosm of player progression for the devs to study and we get a sense of camaraderie going as we seek out everything new together. I'm glad they don't tell us shit and I'd be happiest if they never provide another changelog again. We are quite capable of figuring it all out on our own and that's half the fun.

I totally agree with you. If you explore things yourself and read about it on the forums you actually learn to play the game. If there would be suddenly no loot I would exactly know how to deal with the situation and adept myself. While a lot of players, who even played this game longer than me will be sitting in fetal position crying that there is no way to survive. Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

Indeed.

While I don't find any harm in confirming that something that can't be found by one player is indeed spawning, telling them specifically where they can find the item should get the post removed by mods.

I don't even think telling generic locations, ie - all deer stands for example, is really all that bad either. But as one of the people who makes alternating circuits across the map while looting, all you did was empower server hopping *$$holes, and guarenteed that it'll be empty when I get there...

I understand that, and that is why I said it would get me in trouble saying where items were. The reason I went ahead and gave specifics was the current state of loot. The system is broken, and they indicated it would be fixed soon, maybe even hotfixes. It won't be this way for long, and right now, everyone knows where to find lots of loot, but adding a specific location for a 75 drum isn't that bad. Lots of input here already about where to find hunting scopes and such.

Where's the best place to find the winchester? I have found about everything else but that! I'm un lucky I guess

Where's the best place to find the winchester? I have found about everything else but that! I'm un lucky I guess

There isn't a best place for it. Go to the northern small towns and try your luck. I've found two up there, 

I have found a spot that yields Ak-74s and Ak-74U, pistols, vests and a lot of ammo on all servers exactly the same way. I had like a 1000 bullets and bunch of guns, but only 1 Ak-74 mag.. nice.. also I lost everything thanks to storing them in my now disappeared tent. All servers should say "PERSISTENCE OFF" instead of "PERSISTENCE ON", wtf really.. And how long is it going to be turned off? It's pretty much a quintessential feature of this game..

Edited by xandrew

I have found a spot that yields Ak-74s and Ak-74U, pistols, vests and a lot of ammo on all servers exactly the same way. I had like a 1000 bullets and bunch of guns, but only 1 Ak-74 mag.. nice.. also I lost everything thanks to storing them in my now disappeared tent. All servers should say "PERSISTENCE OFF" instead of "PERSISTENCE ON", wtf really.. And how long is it going to be turned off? It's pretty much a quintessential feature of this game..

I tweeted that question to Eugene and did not get a reply last I checked. I'm guessing they are not certain enough to give an answer just yet. We'll just have to be patient.

[cough]flareguns[/cough]

ETA:  Should have read further

Edited by Thurman Merman

I've noticed, too, that certain spots seem to always have a very similar loot.  Not talking just magic porches, but, there's a cluster of houses south of the road, west of Severograd.  One almost always has a rifle in the same spot.  Also, one of the wrecked cars in Olsha almost always has several cans of food and a gun in the trunk.  Similarly, there's a deer stand that has had a hunting scope every single time I have gone to it (not giving that one up  :D ).

• Like 1

I saw a rabbit. The little bastard was fast. Didn't bother trying to kill it, just chased after it a bit. Didn't gain an inch on it. 

I'm just gonna throw this out there... zombie rabbits. They look cute and furry from a distance but when they are close enough (should have aggressive zombie aggro) they will be all snarling with bloody, frothy mouths, and maybe a few bits and pieces of toes, feet stuck to their teeth.

• Like 1

I saw a rabbit. The little bastard was fast. Didn't bother trying to kill it, just chased after it a bit. Didn't gain an inch on it. 

I'm just gonna throw this out there... zombie rabbits. They look cute and furry from a distance but when they are close enough (should have aggressive zombie aggro) they will be all snarling with bloody, frothy mouths, and maybe a few bits and pieces of toes, feet stuck to their teeth.

"That's the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you ever set eyes on . . . . "

https://youtu.be/XcxKIJTb3Hg?t=20

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2