boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

how's the loot there? empty? the same? or mix bag?

Piles and piles of clothing and plate carriers, not too much else, a little but not much.

I can't recall who was talking about the sporter with a hunting scope and the 30 round mag, but yeah that is a lot of fun! I shot a zed from around 100 yards and he was that fully military armed looking one with helmet, 1 shot in the head, pop goes the weasel. I feel like I should change my name to MobHitman007 now.

the bugs found by me so far:

1. flaregun gun storage (u can "chamber" it with any rifle or SMG.. pistols wont fit :D )
  2. car bugs:  zombies agro dont switch from car to player;   if you drive over a zombie car will make collision sounds for minute or two after;    sometimes rifle can "lagg" or "virtually drop" if you get in v3s with it in your hands;   
  3. u cant scroll contents of big military tent
  4. central loot economy need weights rebalance. Now it have basicaly 2 options: no loot and loot-land
  5. heli-crashes and v3s spawns are same (however v3s spawns are same through restarts for single server)
  6. not sure, but i havent seen painkillers anywhere... same with mp5 buttstock
  • Like 1

I didn't think I was going to get an answer here. Thanks for the reply. I'm not super familiar with the statistical values of weapons and their attachments and I'd like to get into it a bit. Do you have a good resource for that? In my digging about for such info, I was finding a lot of either old, outdated info or stuff for the mod.

Well, you lose posts very fast in this topic (as well as the experimental one). The values are from the gamefiles though somewhat interpreted using ingame experiences and online sources. Also I hoped I would get an answer whether or not distance affects weapon damage.

Though weapon balance (and maybe even mechanics) is far from finished.

Edited by Evil Minion

hunter pants spawn in school,all types :-)

fox,anyone see? cant find that animal

Check my previous post, managed to kill one. :D

Bug? If your backpack is completly full with some clothes in it,  and you'll keep looting by dubble click on the loot,

Its getting inside the clothes that is allready in your backpack.

And when you switch items from backpack to your vest or clothes you wear, its not always working properly.

After relog its works again.

srry for my lame english. ;)

Accidentally discovered you can make z's crawl if you shoot them in the legs. Most fun I've had in a while. Gonna try to make every z I find a crawler now. 

Had a shotgun jump out of my hands and hang in midair, then disappear before I could grab it again. Might have been able to recover it had I not been looking at it floating in the air and thinking wtf for a couple seconds.

• Like 1

I'm just throwing this out there...Sorry if it is not okay :) Just looking for other female players. 

I'm just throwing this out there...Sorry if it is not okay :) Just looking for other female players. 

You just violated the 82nd rule of the internet. Prepare to get spammed to death by virgin males. 

• Like 2

I've found a few magazines, but haven't seen the gun.

BTW - I've found everything I need for a kitted MP5k like the optics, hand rail, weapon flashlight, pistol silencer, and compensator. BUT for the love of ****, where are the buttstocks?

May I ask where did you find the pistol silencer? Been looking everywhere for on to use on my MP5.

Maybe I'm just unlucky and want one to bad ;).

Does anyone happen to find batteries in .57? They used to be quite common but haven't seen a single one in .57.

got skalisty island

enter the fist building some nice loot there

server restart

enter the same building; no loot at all.

go check up the castle; no loot at all

check up the tower; your legs are broken

FFS

spend 10 minutes to crawl in the ocean

spend another 10 minutes lying on the oceans floor

cant kill myself

Remove server from favourites cause i surely wont crawl to kambiwobo

<_< ******

just give us back the chance to f11 with impro knife

those who wanna suicide for a better spawn will jump off a building anyway

Edited by halp

still waiting for patch notes...

Here is the changelog in Ollie Williams style from Family Guy:

- Shit changed!

- More shit changed!

- Even more shit changed!

Hope you're satisfied now.

• Like 1

Been hunting for an SVD still haven't found one. Are there any? and where?

I've found one!

jCQ4fbk.jpg

Also check this

I've found one!

jCQ4fbk.jpg

Also check this

I'm not sure I would drop my sporter 22 and Model 70 combo if I found a SVD. I only have like 9 rounds for it and I'm thinking I will drop them into a backpack if I see one, so it won't vanish. The hunting scope is really nice. Congrats on finding the SVD!

So last night I decided to head to Prison Island and get some better clothes. I Drove off the beach to see if they fixed the truck driving there. After 10 or 15 seconds in the water and going completely under, the engine cut out which is a realistic response. I was still able to coast down hill for a bit and I jumped out when the truck stopped and then swam the rest. After grabbing some Gorka Pants and snooping around everywhere else except the tower of broken legs and death, I got ready to head back. I was cold but I was nervous about someone showing up on either side of the crossing, so I just started swimming. I saw the truck on the bottom on the way back and was giggling until I noticed the I am freezing messages. I was orange I'm freezing and I figured I was going to just go unconscious during the swim since I was only half way back. I couldn't bag up my best gear and dump it out there, so I just kept swimming. Somehow I made it to shore, got sticks and made a fireplace and got the it's not safe here to make a fire. I turned on my gas stove and let it get hot and turned it off and put it in my jacket and it went cold instantly. Grumble Grumble, I ran around the hill and tried the fire again and it let me light one. Woof that was a close one. Sorry about wasting a perfectly good truck for science. :-O

Just moments ago my group was going throught the NE airfield and the Town next to it when we were done. we hopped to a different server.. like you do. And to our suprise we noticed that all of a sudden there was not one peice of loot NOT A SINGLE ITEM TO BE FOUND???? Across the next 4 servers that we went to....... Are the devs Adjusting the Spawns on the fly??

Edited by CommandoKain

I've found one!

*snip*

I have literally been around the map twice, and Ive searched all military locations and havent found an SVD, where did you find it?

Edited by Darkrider400

I have literally been around the map twice, and Ive searched all military locations and havent found an SVD, where did you find it?

Word is that they only spawn at choppers.

Actually, the reason we are seeing so much rare loot is that the loot resets completely every 4 hours. That means that every 4 hours, all ~50,000 items are replaced and replenished anew. The new CLE is not really doing anything for us right now since it doesn't have enough time to actually do more than initialize the loot. Nothing respawns until the server is depleted to 50% under normal operation of the CLE, according to Eugen's "Central Economy" thread. Four hours simply isn't long enough to get to that point.

I can't help but facepalm every time I see someone post something to the effect of "this new CLE is awesome!" (Not that you are.)

The CLE isn't doing anything. This is a new predefined distribution set up by the devs and with no persistence on. It is a placeholder to replace the previous placeholder while they nail down the issues with item respawning. After 2 days in Exp, the CLE replenished nothing so all the loot was gone. No one would be able to play this patch at all if they hadn't set it up this way. 

The 2nd they turn persistence back on, we will not be overflowing with everything we could ever want as it is now.

Some servers that I've been playing on are acting differently. Some are "persistent" for a few restarts (restart every 4 hours), where tents and trucks stay. Some aren't even fully respawning all of the loot on restart. I think a dev posted that all server providers had to use the same configuration.

There's also a lot of client > server delay on some servers versus others (i.e. takes a few seconds after completing eating an apple to post the text "I have eaten an apple"). Often when the server has a very high population.

If they really want to have 75+ player servers, we'll need a big netcode rework so that there isn't desync and high latency to normally low ping servers.

I gotta say i hate the 10x time accelerated servers. Breaks the whole immersion when i get to see like 15 minutes of dark.

Not to mention the partly cloudy weather effects on 10x makes you feel like there's a disco ball up in the sky.

I wish there was a good fix to this. Maybe, if the server restarts every 4 hours, you play the first hour from night to morning, 2 hours in full daylight, and the last hour in evening to night. You'd also have the advantage of knowing how long until the server was going to be reset, based on time of day. 

What other ways could servers dictate day/night cycles?

I haven't found a single AK47, AKM or AK101. If you know where they are at, please tell me. I did found an AK47 magazine and an AKM drum mag.

Found plenty of FNX45 though but I rather keep my CR75 because .45 ACP is rather scarce.

I've found AK74 in the guard house porches, along with mags and way too many vests (full smersh too).

Only other AK gun I've seen is the AKM, which had a mag in it. I assume someone else before me had it bugged out and threw it on the ground without picking it up, as I doubt any gun spawns with mags in it.

Haven't been to prison island yet this patch. 

They've changed the size of items before.  How hard can it be?  

More overpowered than flare guns which can store any rifle? More overpowered than cooking pots, which double your carrying capacity?

I think they are waiting to release the carrying animation (maybe with the character controller work). A tent full of loot, in your pocket, is where they drew the line. 

Can't wait for the barrel to come back and also for trucks to bear inventories.

• Like 1

I've noticed a lack of loot as well kind of hard to try out the new stuff if you cant find any loot or enough of the basic loot to get of the coast to get inland. On a side note so this should be called  the useless pants patch cause i havent seen a pair pants with more than 4 pockets any where and i just spent the last 2 days scouring the map and other servers to no avail. also the fruit stand doors can not be closed from inside all you get is the climb ladder option because the door and the ladder are on the same side when opened fyi this sux when trying to evade players/zombies. Still love testing out the game though and shall continue to my wife just picked up a copy. Let me just say THANK YOU!! she now plays this with me, I Ph@-kiNg love you guys.

update:

WE FOUND PANTS!! apparently you have to go back to school.

I think the repair kits should use % the use not the condition format, ie: 100% - 0% not, Pristine - Destroyed

Edited by Evil_
  • Like 1

I think they are waiting to release the carrying animation (maybe with the character controller work). A tent full of loot, in your pocket, is where they drew the line. 

Can't wait for the barrel to come back and also for trucks to bear inventories.

I can buy the "waiting to release animation" excuse.  Sorta.  Then again, many things are implemented with the incorrect animation.

I was under the impression that balance wasn't a priority, considering the aforementioned flare gun and cooking pot, especially during alpha production.  And if they knew it wasn't going to be in stable, why would they list in the changelog that this crafting with barrels is now available?

I have no problems whatsoever with waiting.   But when I spend a non-trivial amount of time looking for new items in the game, because they're in the changelog, and then to realize they aren't even in the game, it's kind of frustrating.   Totally avoidable frustration.

Just moments ago my group was going throught the NE airfield and the Town next to it when we were done. we hopped to a different server.. like you do. And to our suprise we noticed that all of a sudden there was not one peice of loot NOT A SINGLE ITEM TO BE FOUND???? Across the next 4 servers that we went to....... Are the devs Adjusting the Spawns on the fly??

Naughty....(wags finger)

• Like 4