boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

played 57 for about 30 mins found broken loot spots still where loot has spawned ontop of more loot so yea needs more fixings also thought zombies were taken out i still found some?

There be zombies afoot. Someone said they fired 1 shot and got the whole city on them. I found a mp5 and I didn't know the acog scope went on it? But it does, so woot! I popped a zombie that was guarding a water pump and I drank real fast and filled up canteens real fast. I am hearing zombies that are either invis or maybe farther away then they sound.

Can someone explain to me why there is still no weather? I am getting extremely frustrated by the clear sky all day every day.

Global Warming?

• Like 1

There is SO FEW loot, I have checked hundreds of rooms in all kinds of buildings, on 4 different servers, so so rare

Also, driving full speed head on into a z should not result in the same consequence as driving full speed into a wall or building. I tried to run over a z at the balota .mil base yesterday and it was like hitting a wall. Flipped the truck on it's side and threw the z up into the air, where he stayed until I got out, at which point he fell to the ground. 

I can see incurring accumulating damage from to many z smashes with a vehicle, say radiator damage, etc but no way in hell should it be like hitting a wall. 

I think the zeds are carrying landmines. I didn't hear the blast, but it seemed like it the way the truck bounced and started rolling over and over and the sound of the breaking glass and the screaaaaming...the screaaaaming. Oh wait that was me.

• Like 1

There is SO FEW loot, I have checked hundreds of rooms in all kinds of buildings, on 4 different servers, so so rare

Odd I just started my bambi after being stuck in under a house, on a private server and on the south coast and there was so much loot I had to leave it all behind until I found a backpack and then walked all the way back lol, cause I mean ya just don't know what you might find ahead, so go for the sure thing. Within 2 hrs I am well dressed with a model 70, worn hunting scope, still no .308 rounds which is very odd, MP5 with acog scope, some kind of suppressor and 30 rd mag and 15 rd mag and a box of .380 rounds. Fireaxe, military helm with visor, 2 morphine, compass, 4 canteens, pile of food and several bandage packs, fishing hook, rope, etc.. I can't believe I have seen zero .308 so far....argh!

Odd I just started my bambi after being stuck in under a house, on a private server and on the south coast and there was so much loot I had to leave it all behind until I found a backpack and then walked all the way back lol, cause I mean ya just don't know what you might find ahead, so go for the sure thing. Within 2 hrs I am well dressed with a model 70, worn hunting scope, still no .308 rounds which is very odd, MP5 with acog scope, some kind of suppressor and 30 rd mag and 15 rd mag and a box of .380 rounds. Fireaxe, military helm with visor, 2 morphine, compass, 4 canteens, pile of food and several bandage packs, fishing hook, rope, etc.. I can't believe I have seen zero .308 so far....argh!

.308 is all over deer stands. Almost everytime I search one I find .308.

• Like 1

Dear devs, I know that you will probably never read anything past page 5 here, unless someone forces you to, but here goes,...

Please do not put things in the changelog or hype items for the next upcoming stable release unless you actually plan on having these things in that build.

I had played every single iteration of .57 experimental.  Except for the first, where there was no loot, I looked for a barrel every single time.  I never found one.  Still can't find one on stable.  Please don't hype items unless you know for sure they will be in the build.  I read the changelog over and over.  It described how I can use a barrel to do this and that.  Even read lots of showcases on crafting with it.  Never found one.  Been held up by bandits several times while looking for them.  The question I always ask them is "Have you seen any barrels yet?"   "No" is always the reply.  

The same thing happened with bear traps.  When they were first introduced to stable, they were no where.  I don't care what rate you implement things into the game, but please don't hype them, and then not put them in.   It's a totally avoidable source of frustration.

The thing is, to my understanding, that with CLE, item spawn percentages can be modified on the fly, without a big download or change to the client.  Please fix barrels so that players can live the 'hermit lifestyle',  just like how you've been promoting.

• Like 1

I hope I don't sound like an ass, but some of the stuff on your changelog isn't quite right. I'm pretty sure the VSS and the UMP-45 were not included in the Stable version of this patch. I'm pretty sure the Radio wasn't included either. I think I remember Hicks saying that they weren't supposed to have been added in yet. Not trying to be hyper critical man, I admire the work you do for the community, but I just thought it should be mentioned. 

I see the radiator listed. Has anyone actually seen one "loose" about the game world or do they spawn as detachable objects on the trucks?

EDIT: Also, did the oil barrels make into the Stable patch? I saw them in Experimental. They were like having a protector case with the capacity of a tent.

You would be correct about all of that. For now, that's simply a compilation based on Experimental. It was literally copied and pasted word-for-word :p (not by me). It will properly reflect Stable when there's an official changelog to base it from :)

• Like 2

Has anyone found military clothing? I have checked every military base around the map and no luck. 

Has anyone found military clothing? I have checked every military base around the map and no luck. 

You can find lots and lots of TTSKO-clothing at the prison island I think. M65 field jackets do spawn in those small, one room wood cabins which used to spawn a weapon nearly everytime, but I can't seem to find any Gorka jackets or pants.

• Like 2

You can find lots and lots of TTSKO-clothing at the prison island I think. M65 field jackets do spawn in those small, one room wood cabins which used to spawn a weapon nearly everytime, but I can't seem to find any Gorka jackets or pants.

I didn't see a single Gorka item in the entire time 0.56 and 0.57 were in Experimental. While not definitive, I also have not seen any screenshots from players where they were wearing them either. They may not be in this build.

I think the zeds are carrying landmines. I didn't hear the blast, but it seemed like it the way the truck bounced and started rolling over and over and the sound of the breaking glass and the screaaaaming...the screaaaaming. Oh wait that was me.

Here's the one I tried to steamroll. It was like hitting a brick wall at full speed. 

2ypnntf.jpg

I just think we deserve to get some info about the new renderer. It isn't that hard to say some words about it, simply to feed our hungers and caress the people...

Anyone happen to have a map of all the crashed BRDM's by any chance? Trying to find some decent loot and I've heard that they spawn some decent stuff

Edited by Darkrider400

I know it's just a building block, but this release is really depressing.  It reminds me of a year ago when you could get an M4 with 10 magazines within your first hour playing, every time.

Now it's that way with AK-74's, MP5K's and PM RAK's, along with FNX45's and all the best optics.  

I know it won't end up that way, but after a few hours playing this 0.57 release it's discouraging that everyone is all geared out like a super soldier again.  I know the PvP'ers love this though.

Seems like we can no longer mend vests and other items that used to have the ability to be mended. Was this a mistake or design choice? If mistake, I'll gladly await the fix, but if design choice, I have a concern with that. Being able to repair and mend things on your character is, in my opinion, a great survival game feature. Sure repairing a ballistic vest may not be accomplished with a basic sewing kit in the real world. But, there has to be some sort of line drawn that depicts what should be ultimate realism and what should be allowed for the sake of gameplay. I am a realism fanatic but we need some elements to still remind us we are playing a game. 

• Like 1

The thing is, to my understanding, that with CLE, item spawn percentages can be modified on the fly, without a big download or change to the client.  Please fix barrels so that players can live the 'hermit lifestyle',  just like how you've been promoting.

Many of the things that Peter mentions in his post are still a WIP:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225481-hermit-playstyle-enchancement/?p=2269500

By the way, if you were referring to this post, I didn't consider it to be hype. Certainly several of us were excited to hear of these plans, but I would rather that the devs communicated their plans from time to time, rather than leaving us in the dark.

Barrels provide interesting options, but at least as important to the hermit lifestyle are animals and persistence. If I can't harvest animals, there is no point in having the capability of tanning and dying skins. Without persistence, I don't see the point of setting up camps, pitching tents and collecting barrels, if those items disappear at each server reset. So, it seems to me that it's a bit premature to complaint about barrel spawn rates, until persistence is switched on and the CLE's capabilities are fleshed out.

After some thought, it seems to me that barrels shouldn't be particularly plentiful. Unlike ammunition, you really only "need" one per camp, so you shouldn't be able to find them on every street corner. I think that all desirable items, barrels included, should require considerable effort to locate. If you can get fully geared and equipped in only a couple of hours, what will you do for the next four weeks, before there is another patch?

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 3

I just think we deserve to get some info about the new renderer. It isn't that hard to say some words about it, simply to feed our hungers and caress the people...

They are running it on their internal builds. While not intended at this time, Eugen reported that it already provides performance gains. Brian said that it will be introduced to Exp once they have feature parity with the current renderer. Brian also said that if there is something noteworthy to mention, he will, otherwise he does not see the value of repeatedly mentioning that, "We're working on it."

Development is ongoing and it will be ready when it is ready.

• Like 2

The only place I have seen it lately is on prison island..and it's like clothes splosion.

So I had a smersh vest and backpack combo and had a tricked mp5 in it and I pulled it out into my hands and then took the combo apart to try to repair both pieces with the newly found leather and standard sewing kit and couldn't do squat with either and put it back together and put it back on and hit x on my mp5 ..........................................................................POOF!  Logged out and back...cried...ran around and equipped and unequipped different things, searched the area wide and chopped a tree down that was near by and relogged one more time to no avail.

They are running it on their internal builds. While not intended at this time, Eugen reported that it already provides performance gains. Brian said that it will be introduced to Exp once they have feature parity with the current renderer. Brian also said that if there is something noteworthy to mention, he will, otherwise he does not see the value of repeatedly mentioning that, "We're working on it."

Development is ongoing and it will be ready when it is ready.

Man, I'm so tired of hearing these two thought processes.

It's always either:

• "The devs don't give us enough information on what they are working on, where's my status report / changelog???"

or

• "The devs briefly mentioned that they were working on feature XYZ, why isn't it implemented and full working RIGHT NOW?!"

On one hand, the devs give us a lot more information than they need to. Most of the people with the former thought process just aren't reading enough dev responses on twitter, forums, etc. There have been countless replies to when the new renderer will be in place, and even still, most of the time a dev addresses the new renderer, they assure us that we won't see much of a change initially (which makes sense, as optimization doesn't even occur well into beta release).

On the other hand, people with the latter thought process don't understand how difficult designing a game is, especially when adding a new feature causes many other parts of the game to break completely. Just because a feature or idea was mentioned in the past, doesn't mean that it will ever be implemented, or that it will be implemented anytime in the near future.

What a completely and utterly thankless job it must be working on the SA. Beans to every single person working at BI for the dayz SA right now...

Edited by tux
  • Like 7

What a completely and utterly thankless job it must be working on the SA. Beans to every single person working at BI for the dayz SA right now...

Agreed. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Im sure they dont take much personally. They know what they have to get done and hopefully they see all the forum feedback and sort through the useful constructive criticism and just ignore the haters lol

• Like 3

Patch 0.57 has  some good things and some very bad things. I'll talk about the bad, The game for me has become  boring. It is now too easy to get fully geared up and it was easy before plus in remote small villages there are few Zeds infesting the areas (if there are any at all). Even a town like Lapontino that one had a significant number of fast re-spawning Zeds there are very few (I searched the whole town and found only two zeds to kill) Hopefully the Zed population will rise again in the villages farm compounds and remote spaces. I like the hay seed farmer Zombie with the hat and the half naked old man zombie but I haven't seen those in awhile now. To get some excitement I guess I'll have to start to KoS other players that are armed again for sport until the Zeds return in force.          

Patch 0.57 has  some good things and some very bad things. I'll talk about the bad, The game for me has become  boring. It is now too easy to get fully geared up and it was easy before plus in remote small villages there are few Zeds infesting the areas (if there are any at all). Even a town like Lapontino that one had a significant number of fast re-spawning Zeds there are very few (I searched the whole town and found only two zeds to kill) Hopefully the Zed population will rise again in the villages farm compounds and remote spaces. I like the hay seed farmer Zombie with the hat and the half naked old man zombie but I haven't seen those in awhile now. To get some excitement I guess I'll have to start to KoS other players that are armed again for sport until the Zeds return in force.          

As I tend to agree that it's too easy to get fully geared right now, I think that both new item testing (via saturation) and the new CLE are contributing to the amount of rare loot that we are seeing.

Give it a couple more patches and I'm sure we'll start to see a more balanced loot distribution.

• Like 3

I agree that 0.57 Exp was much more challenging and fun, because loot was relatively scarce. I doubt that the average player would share my enthusiasm for that sort of a struggle, however.

Keep in mind that the CLE is still a WIP and it is not functioning as intended. Upon it's introduction, Hicks stated that it would take several months, before it will begin to function as they wish.

• Like 2