boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

It seems that all private servers still have persistence, making finding items almost impossible. (Finding anything relevant that is. I can survive anyway, but wanted to see a few new additions I didn't get the chance to test on experimental.)

While all the public servers have "fresh" loot on server restart, making hotspots a plague of server hoppers. Even worst with the static crash sites. I waited on a low pop server at the NWAF just to see what would happen, and in 20 mins I saw 4 guys spawn to check the crash site. The last 2 hopped two closely from one another, and engaged each other. I left, don't want any part in that...

I know it's only temporary, but I'm still a bit disappointed with this. I was really hoping that persistence would be completely removed on all servers for the time being. Since I don't understand why they did that, I just have to accept it...

Edit: It seems I was wrong. Various experiences on various hives, no matter if public or private. Some have persistence, others don't.

Edited by Odin Lowe

Sorry to clutter things up with a has-anyone-found-this-thing-I-can't-find post, but..

Has anyone found a battery in 0.57 Stable, yet?  I can't find one.  I don't think they're spawning at the moment.

If they're not spawning, based on what Hicks and Eugen have said in recent weeks, this shouldn't be difficult for them to fix on the fly.  That's pretty cool.

So, if that the case. 

Where is the changelog? Should be a quick task to make it official if nothing have changed from exp..

So, where is the changelog? 

The thing is, there's no changelog on experimental, never been, at least not officially. As an experimental addict myself, we share what we find and make a collective of all the findings. 

Honestly be careful with DayZTV, as a lot of times they get access to game files that are not really out yet, or in the version we have access, and post it as new stuff. I rather test it for myself and see it with my own eyes that relying on that, but that being said, it's nice if you like "spoilers" of what coming eventually.

I'm guessing here, but we could see another patch/fix pushed to stable soon, thus the reason for not compiling an already out of date changelog. Only a guess though.

• Like 2

Sorry to clutter things up with a has-anyone-found-this-thing-I-can't-find post, but..

Has anyone found a battery in 0.57 Stable, yet?  I can't find one.  I don't think they're spawning at the moment.

If they're not spawning, based on what Hicks and Eugen have said in recent weeks, this shouldn't be difficult for them to fix on the fly.  That's pretty cool.

Nope. None.

I'm guessing that if what Hicks and Eugene said is already implemented, you're right and it'll be pretty easy to fix. 

But, I'm not sure if it's already in, as I don't see any difference at all with loot from the experimental version, and that new CLE feature wasn't on experimental... (Batteries were not spawning either.  :lol: )

So, you saying they don't have the time to write a changelog? 

You really believe that? 

I have bought a lot of early access game the last year, and i have backed a number of kickstarter projects. I have never ever experienced that a update coming without a changelog with other developers. Why do everyone else take their time to do it, and not the DayZ dev?

To update the people who pay their salary about changes made to the product in development is actually the very least you could expect from a developer. And we are those guys that pay their salary, and they have for some reason taken their liberty to place us in the dark and don't give us the very basic information about changes they have made to the product we payed for. Its mind blowing people accept that.  

Nobody cares how many Alphas or kickstarters you've paid into and nobody wants to hear your whining and complaining.

If you feel so strongly maybe you should quit DayZ Alpha.

You're not adding anything to the discussion.

As stated prior by our intelligent, level headed regular Odin, everything you want to know was in the experimental thread and a video posted recently.

Many of the younger players do not realize how much of a privilege it is to be involved with this project and take the entire early access process for granted.

There was a time when I had to buy game magazines for hopes of a few screenshots for upcoming games that would then be delayed and delayed and delayed.

I would read the release lists in Japan and Europe and dream of a day when I had access to those titles let alone be involved in testing them.

I do not think you understand how you sound.

• Like 7

Nobody cares how many Alphas or kickstarters you've paid into and nobody wants to hear your whining and complaining.

If you feel so strongly maybe you should quit DayZ Alpha.

You're not adding anything to the discussion.

As stated prior by our intelligent, level headed regular Odin, everything you want to know was in the experimental thread and a video posted recently.

Many of the younger players do not realize how much of a privilege it is to be involved with this project and take the entire early access process for granted.

There was a time when I had to buy game magazines for hopes of a few screenshots for upcoming games that would then be delayed and delayed and delayed.

I would read the release lists in Japan and Europe and dream of a day when I had access to those titles let alone be involved in testing them.

I do not think you understand how you sound.

Not surprised you did not understand my point, but i will not go closer into it. I don't think it would help at all:)

So...

Where is the changelog??

Edited by skoms

So far Stable 0.57 is the same as 0.57 Experimental - Im waiting on the Changelog to verify my Full Showcase 100% before going forward with it...items like SVD + MAG, Winchester, IZH18, Hunting Scope, Hunting Jacket, Scrubs, Craftables such as Torch, Hand Drill, Meat on Stick, Improvised Rope are all in and working also... server responsiveness seems up with the 'hotbar' being better than ever!

This is what we have found so far, as soon as the changelog comes or I find more items (whichever comes first) I will post Full Showcase for 0.57 for Stable Branch so you know what you can now do :)

• Like 6

The thing is, there's no changelog on experimental, never been, at least not officially. As an experimental addict myself, we share what we find and make a collective of all the findings. 

Honestly be careful with DayZTV, as a lot of times they get access to game files that are not really out yet, or in the version we have access, and post it as new stuff. I rather test it for myself and see it with my own eyes that relying on that, but that being said, it's nice if you like "spoilers" of what coming eventually.

I'm guessing here, but we could see another patch/fix pushed to stable soon, thus the reason for not compiling an already out of date changelog. Only a guess though.

So, you say they have stopped giving us changelogs on stable because there might be coming a patch/fix soon?

You understand how fucked up that is. 

A changelog is info on what have been changed in the last update. A patch a few days later would normally have their own changelog. Every game developer delivers changelogs when they change anything. Why is it OK that DayZ dev missing a changelog in their updates?

A CHANGELOG SHOULD ALWAYS FOLLOW AN UPDATE. We should be allowed to know what they have changed to a product we have payed for. Its actually crazy that you guys don't think its important with a changelog. '

Where is the changelog??

Somewhere between Paris & LA I expect.

Go play the game, the changelog is not essential and if you take the time to browse the Forums most of the info is freely available.

Deal with it.

• Like 9

With more and more and more features like vehicle repairing, planting, crafting traps, fishing, medic stuff etc etc  It would be cool to see these things described in ingame books..

just a random thought

So far Stable 0.57 is the same as 0.57 Experimental

How do you know?

- How can you know for certain that everything from exp. made it to stable. 

- How can you know for certain that they did not add something, like a new bugfix.

- How can you know for certain every change in exp. when there is no changelog for exp. Is it possible that something like a small bugfix is missed in a unofficial changelog

No, you can't know for certain. The whole point of a official changelog with updates is to tell everyone about all the changes, so we don't have to guess and assume..

Somewhere between Paris & LA I expect.

Go play the game, the changelog is not essential and if you take the time to browse the Forums most of the info is freely available.

Deal with it.

Did you know there is internet on planes? So that is no excuse. Its not much work to summarize the changes into a .txt file and post it online and make it official. 

I am realy enjoying the Update "0.57" Thank you devs, however Buddy Revive Would be a pretty BA feature to have.... Just saying.

• Like 2

lol skoms your crazy...i know...and as said...i need the changelog to 100% verify a showcase!

I know:)

• Like 1

lol skoms your crazy...i know...and as said...i need the changelog to 100% verify a showcase!

I don't think he knows "who you are".

Anyway, nice to see you in an official build thread Septic.

• Like 3

I am realy enjoying the Update "0.57" Thank you devs, however Buddy Revive Would be a pretty BA feature to have.... Just saying.

You can revive your friends. That's why I always carry an Epinephrine and a Saline Bag. We aren't necromancers. If they are dead, they are dead. You can't fix dead. But if they are right on the edge of death, you can save them. 

• Like 5

So, you say they have stopped giving us changelogs on stable because there might be coming a patch/fix soon?

No, not changelogs, only this changelog. 

And like I said, it's only a speculation on my behalf that I shared.

I say let's just play the game while waiting for that changelog, or do something else.

• Like 1

No, not changelogs, only this changelog. 

And like I said, it's only a speculation on my behalf that I shared.

I say let's just play the game while waiting for that changelog, or do something else.

Alright so I think at next EXP someone should bring all the changelogs together and post it at stable update, if the devs aren't going to provide one.

No changelog points out some secret stuff added around, o.O what are the devs hiding from us?

• Like 1

Nope, you need to go at the big bus garages to get them. Ex: North of Novo, there's a a few of these with wrecked Urals, UAZ and pickup trucks scattered around. Those big garages spawn the cargo pants.

I know that the prison spawn the gorka clothes, but what I'm more curious of is the disappearance of the hunter pants. Since 0.56 experimental, they added the new hunting jackets, and updated the textures for the hunter pants to match, but they don't spawn anywhere since then...   :(

Sweet, thanks, I'll try looking in those areas more.

• Like 1

Damn, I can see him in one of those "spoiled child screaming in supermarket" scene. He trows himself on floor and screams: I want changelooooooooog aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

Just play the game for f@ks sake!!

• Like 3

ok so - I know for sure SVD + MAGS are in stable = UMP/RED9/VSS are NOT in stable!

Going to go through what i have left and finish off the showcase for tonight/morning with more details <3

(this would be so much easier if I worked for Bohemia) ;)

• Like 3

Alright so I think at next EXP someone should bring all the changelogs together and post it at stable update, if the devs aren't going to provide one.

No changelog points out some secret stuff added around, o.O what are the devs hiding from us?

Like this?

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog