Julianwop (DayZ)

The new 3pp camera and FOV Slider

IMO The core DayZ experience should be 1PP only.

But once mods are enabled, anyone can have the experience they want.

But since so many players are used to 3PP, if this was a thing then it shouldn't be implemented until mods are open.

But IMO Bohemias vanilla DayZ should be locked to 1PP.

3PP just seems to go against Bohemias vision of a gritty hardcore survival game in almost every way.

Maybe just disable free look whilst in 3rd person? 

That would stop the worst of it.

3PP just seems to go against Bohemias vision of a gritty hardcore survival game in almost every way.

I couldn't disagree more with you on this. There are 1PP servers built for a reason. If you don't like 3pp than i would suggest sticking to those.

• Like 2

^^

Really all I hear is how more people prefer 1pp because its realistic. But if more people prefer it, why do you complain about the emptiness and lack of 1pp servers?

__1PP logic__

Guys moar people play furst pursen bcuz its moar reelistick!!!

*All 1pp servers are empty, disproving this*

Yew shud all be foarced to play 1pp bcuz its better but empty

-Excuse me, didn't you just say more people play 1pp? What's the problem?-

SHUDDUP UR A NOOB U PLAY 3PP U CANT HANDLE REELIZM

• Like 2

mate don't even bother.  This topic has been flogged harder and more often than an adolescent only just having made puberty.

The thread will  fill up with white fluid because people see the devs are doing something, and  1pp servers will remain dead.

I use third person mode just to look at my character and the things he has.

I will admit, I remember at a time whenever first person was all I played.

The wary always had the advantage.

You could sneak up on anyone, because the "If you can see them, they can see you" law actually comes in place, unless you have a player peering at you over a wall before taking shots at someone he would otherwise not know was there.

I don't mind for either camera modes, but if I was looking for fairness over anything, I'd play first person.

But I don't mind being looked at over a wall.

It's when they let me know they're there, That I can take action :p

I just wish they had removed 3pp on day one and all this would be a thing of the past. I've never understood and justification for 3pp view. Its a shame as now the community will always be divided.

Of course you wish they'd remove 3pp from day one. Because you're selfish like everyone else who thinks they know better then the developers.

The debate is overblown and overrated. The 3pp view gives a false sense of security. I've used it the whole time. But when it comes time to confront another player, you still have to expose yourself if you want to defend yourself or engage the other player. At that moment, the 3pp view becomes irrelevant. It no longer matters. For people new to DayZ, the 3pp view helps you get acquainted with the map and the environment. It should always be a choice because there will always be new players coming to the game for the first time.

If you don't like 3pp, don't play on 3pp servers. The solution is so fricken simple it's become a running joke watching people complain about 3pp. Jump on a 1pp only server if you don't like 3pp. Jeeez!

Edited by BulletGarden

I see all the BS arguements "for" 3rd person are all over this thread even though they've been debunked each and every time. Seems 3pp'ers don't want to listen or educate themselves - now who here has a problem exactly?

I see all the BS arguements "for" 3rd person are all over this thread even though they've been debunked each and every time. Seems 3pp'ers don't want to listen or educate themselves - now who here has a problem exactly?

Oh I see, it's BS because you say so. Got it.

I'm sure when the game is released there will be plenty of servers for everyone's 1pp or 3pp choice of play style. No need to be an ass and insult people who play differently.

I play as "mrGreenJeans" in DayZ. I'll look for you so I can take your head off. Maybe your ego will fall out and run away to a better life.

Of course you wish they'd remove 3pp from day one. Because you're selfish like everyone else who thinks they know better then the developers.

The debate is overblown and overrated. The 3pp view gives a false sense of security. I've used it the whole time. But when it comes time to confront another player, you still have to expose yourself if you want to defend yourself or engage the other player. At that moment, the 3pp view becomes irrelevant. It no longer matters. For people new to DayZ, the 3pp view helps you get acquainted with the map and the environment. It should always be a choice because there will always be new players coming to the game for the first time.

If you don't like 3pp, don't play on 3pp servers. The solution is so fricken simple it's become a running joke watching people complain about 3pp. Jump on a 1pp only server if you don't like 3pp. Jeeez!

I dont think you are right about that, if someone shoots at you or you are in danger 3rd person camera dont becomes irrelevant, because even then you can run away behind the wall and wait there looking over the wall to see if the guy is chasing you, as soon as you see him for exmpl. runing cross the street to catch up with you, you are in such a big advantage over him even tho he spoted you first. Even if he is on the roof you can still see him over the wall giving you good chance to plan your attack. Before i go further with this, let me just say, am 1st person player, but am not trying to defend eather 1st or 3rd at the moment, just want to point out something for you from my experience, i play dayz since the mod came out, played 1st person, 3rd person and lets just say that we are in the same situation but on first person server, someone shoots at you trough the scope from the roof for exmpl. you run away behind the wall, he is still aiming in your general direction and he knows behind what wall you are, chances that you gona kill him like you would on 3rd person servers are not the same at all, in a matter of fact chances that you are going to die are big, looking from perspective of advantage, not who shoots better or have better aim! The advantages that 3rd person camera gives you are noticable and i just dont like someone telling me that is same as in first person, go first person in a forest with that tall grass all around you and try to spot someone proned , then do it in 3rd person. But after all, i do think that we need 3rd person camera, i like it too, and i play it too

I dont think you are right about that, if someone shoots at you or you are in danger 3rd person camera dont becomes irrelevant, because even then you can run away behind the wall and wait there looking over the wall to see if the guy is chasing you, as soon as you see him for exmpl. runing cross the street to catch up with you, you are in such a big advantage over him even tho he spoted you first. Even if he is on the roof you can still see him over the wall giving you good chance to plan your attack. Before i go further with this, let me just say, am 1st person player, but am not trying to defend eather 1st or 3rd at the moment, just want to point out something for you from my experience, i play dayz since the mod came out, played 1st person, 3rd person and lets just say that we are in the same situation but on first person server, someone shoots at you trough the scope from the roof for exmpl. you run away behind the wall, he is still aiming in your general direction and he knows behind what wall you are, chances that you gona kill him like you would on 3rd person servers are not the same at all, in a matter of fact chances that you are going to die are big, looking from perspective of advantage, not who shoots better or have better aim! The advantages that 3rd person camera gives you are noticable and i just dont like someone telling me that is same as in first person, go first person in a forest with that tall grass all around you and try to spot someone proned , then do it in 3rd person. But after all, i do think that we need 3rd person camera, i like it too, and i play it too

It looks like the "problem" has been solved for us. Patch .58 kills the over the wall "peek". Works fine for me. Walking into houses the 3pp view gets kind of "crunched". But, I'm flowing with the developers. So I'll adjust to whatever they decide. Because that's what you have to do with video games. We can complain as much as we want. But, in the end, we have to work with whatever the developers implement.

Happy gaming, serb8. I hope DayZ works for you. May you have many hours of fun playing DayZ.

IMO The core DayZ experience should be 1PP only.

But once mods are enabled, anyone can have the experience they want.

But since so many players are used to 3PP, if this was a thing then it shouldn't be implemented until mods are open.

Do you work for Bohemia? Can you point me to their "vision" where they mention 3pp view going against their plans for DayZ? You talk about it in a matter-of-fact like fashion I'm guessing you're sitting in on the company meetings about DayZ.

So? Where's the link?

Do you work for Bohemia? Can you point me to their "vision" where they mention 3pp view going against their plans for DayZ? You talk about it in a matter-of-fact like fashion I'm guessing you're sitting in on the company meetings about DayZ.

So? Where's the link?

3PP as it existed has been mentioned by the developers as something they want to fix going as far back as before any of us had access to the game. When Rocket was demoing the first bits of the game he mentioned it multiple times in various recordings that he liked 3PP but that he had to admit it was exploitive in the manner it was implemented and would have to be changed to remove the exploits. Since then multiple devs have made that statement again and again that they knew people liked 3PP but ultimately wanted to change it to remove the exploits that it could be used for. They have now adjusted 3PP in an attempt to remove those exploits. 

We talk about it in such a matter of fact manner because from day 1 of us following the DayZ SA project it has been mentioned that 3PP had to be changed. If you don't get that point then you haven't been paying attention. 

• Like 1

3PP as it existed has been mentioned by the developers as something they want to fix going as far back as before any of us had access to the game. When Rocket was demoing the first bits of the game he mentioned it multiple times in various recordings that he liked 3PP but that he had to admit it was exploitive in the manner it was implemented and would have to be changed to remove the exploits.

Source?

Edit: It doesn't actually matter. I don't care. Ignore my request.

Edited by scriptfactory

3PP as it existed has been mentioned by the developers as something they want to fix going as far back as before any of us had access to the game. When Rocket was demoing the first bits of the game he mentioned it multiple times in various recordings that he liked 3PP but that he had to admit it was exploitive in the manner it was implemented and would have to be changed to remove the exploits. Since then multiple devs have made that statement again and again that they knew people liked 3PP but ultimately wanted to change it to remove the exploits that it could be used for. They have now adjusted 3PP in an attempt to remove those exploits. 

We talk about it in such a matter of fact manner because from day 1 of us following the DayZ SA project it has been mentioned that 3PP had to be changed. If you don't get that point then you haven't been paying attention.

As scriptfactory said, "Source?"

The 3pp view is a completely different experience then 1pp. It provides a wider view by default. Anything about the 3pp view can be shoehorned into an "exploit". If it really bothers you, then just play on 1pp servers. And let people who prefer 3pp have their own experience. There's nothing that is more of an "exploit" then someone trying to alter another player's experience because they don't like what they're experiencing.

The simplest and most obvious solution to this stupid 1pp/3pp debate is to create separate servers for 1pp and 3pp. Stop trying force someone else to adapt to your preferences.

Source?

Edit: It doesn't actually matter. I don't care. Ignore my request.

As scriptfactory said, "Source?"

Found one in 3 minutes using Google. Really people it's not hard. 

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/gamescom-2012,84/dayz,71592.html

1:40 Dean mentions what he is demoing is Pre-Alpha and the Alpha has not been released.

9:50 Dean talks about 1st vrs 3rd, mentions he doesn't want to remove 3rd but states that they want to change it possibly make it so it is context sensitive and so that when you lay prone it zooms in close or maybe forces you into 3rd.

In other interviews he mentions similar things, talks about turning 3rd person into an over the shoulder camera. This is all before DayZ SA Alpha was launched to the public showing that 3rd person was meant to be altered from the very beginning of DayZ SA. They don't want to outright remove it(which would ultimately resolve the issue) but do want to remove the exploitive nature of it.

Edited by Mercules
  • Like 2

..snip..

I had forgotten about this video. I was trying to think of any time Rocket called 3rd person exploitive but I get it that you were just paraphrasing. Funny that he almost mentions KoS ruining many aspects of Mod gameplay. Let's hope he does better with his anti-KoS plans in Ion.

Oh I see, it's BS because you say so. Got it.

I'm sure when the game is released there will be plenty of servers for everyone's 1pp or 3pp choice of play style. No need to be an ass and insult people who play differently.

I play as "mrGreenJeans" in DayZ. I'll look for you so I can take your head off. Maybe your ego will fall out and run away to a better life.

No, it's BS because they've been debunked a hundred times already.

Found one in 3 minutes using Google. Really people it's not hard. 

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/gamescom-2012,84/dayz,71592.html

1:40 Dean mentions what he is demoing is Pre-Alpha and the Alpha has not been released.

9:50 Dean talks about 1st vrs 3rd, mentions he doesn't want to remove 3rd but states that they want to change it possibly make it so it is context sensitive and so that when you lay prone it zooms in close or maybe forces you into 3rd.

In other interviews he mentions similar things, talks about turning 3rd person into an over the shoulder camera. This is all before DayZ SA Alpha was launched to the public showing that 3rd person was meant to be altered from the very beginning of DayZ SA. They don't want to outright remove it(which would ultimately resolve the issue) but do want to remove the exploitive nature of it.

In pretty much the first talk he gave I think he talked about 3rd person and how it needed to be changed. This is 2 year old news to most of us ;)

• Like 1

In pretty much the first talk he gave I think he talked about 3rd person and how it needed to be changed. This is 2 year old news to most of us ;)

It was so long ago I forgot about it.

I was trying to think of any time Rocket called 3rd person exploitive but I get it that you were just paraphrasing.

Rocket called it exploitable in August 2013.

"I think that it has been demonstrated that there is a "problem" with the allowance of third person, and the proposed solution is the best I can come up with. It's not perfect, but if we just allow servers to turn it on/off then I think demand will dictate that people gravitate to 'third person allowed" servers - despite them acknowledging the exploits."

x

"It's going to be hard to get it right, but I really want us to try. I find I am using third person alot in DayZ SA while running long distances, or to "check" my character (like to see where I am shot to check direction of firer), but then third person is so exploitable in prone. So we are going to try both forcing first for prone, and the "sucking camera in close" and see which works best. Agree too, crouching would really benefit from a more "over the shoulder", we'll try that and put some previs up for people to comment on."

x

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/144748-august-round-up-devblog-dayzdaily-gamescom/

• Like 3

Rocket called it exploitable in August 2013.

"I think that it has been demonstrated that there is a "problem" with the allowance of third person, and the proposed solution is the best I can come up with. It's not perfect, but if we just allow servers to turn it on/off then I think demand will dictate that people gravitate to 'third person allowed" servers - despite them acknowledging the exploits."

x

"It's going to be hard to get it right, but I really want us to try. I find I am using third person alot in DayZ SA while running long distances, or to "check" my character (like to see where I am shot to check direction of firer), but then third person is so exploitable in prone. So we are going to try both forcing first for prone, and the "sucking camera in close" and see which works best. Agree too, crouching would really benefit from a more "over the shoulder", we'll try that and put some previs up for people to comment on."

x

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/144748-august-round-up-devblog-dayzdaily-gamescom/

Thanks for that link! There is so much information that was posted years ago that I had forgotten about.

I like this part only because it shows I'm not crazy with my perception of 1PP mode in SA:

Tried the free look thing. It doesn't work. You can't see most of your body. You can't see your back, butt, in fact your whole back of body and the sides. Even when i used TrackIR not only could I not see most, but it was unnecessarily irritating. My friend was shot in the ass, he knew he was shot in the ass, and he knew exactly where he was shot. I'm not pulling all this from thin air, I felt like I really tried to consider all sides of this. And I'm just not convinced that removing it at the game level is the way to go. I think that the compromise will solve the worst of the offending.

Edited by scriptfactory

Well ive tried out the new 3PP camera and I suppose it is an improvement but it still isn't for me.

I dont understand why people like looking at their characters back all the time but to each their own I suppose.

Can we raise the Character/1PP camera up a little now so I dont feel like a midget?

• Like 2

Well ive tried out the new 3PP camera and I suppose it is an improvement but it still isn't for me.

I dont understand why people like looking at their characters back all the time but to each their own I suppose.

Can we raise the Character/1PP camera up a little now so I dont feel like a midget?

LOL there's nothing wrong with the character, it's the buildings and vehicles that need fixing! They also need to fix the issue with the leveling of the horizon which induces nausea - this is where you run and look forward and see a level horizon then look left and the horizon is tilted 45 degrees. Look around enough and you'll be feeling sick soon. I can't play the game as it is right now.