Sign in to follow this  
UdirtyCamel

How to Auto Run, very simple

As far as I now you must have a mouse with extra buttons. Auto running is where you run and don't have to touch your keyboard or mouse.I accidently came across this "glitch" a while ago and just thought about sharing. You are able to do everything in game while this happens including turning, opening inventory, using steam overlay, anything. Now this doesn't seem to work with everybody as it has to do with your mouse and some mice work while others don't. If it doesn't work I'm sorry, I just thought I'd try putting it out there just in case it does work for others. This also works for vehicles you just have to assign vehicle keys instead of infantry (you can have both vehicle and infantry assigned to the same key).

• Bind move forward and turbo to the same key on your mouse. I have both assigned to my mouse button 4. To get to assignments configure>controls>assignments.
  • While in game, hold down that button (you should start sprinting) and open up steam overlay keeping the mouse button held down. 
  • With steam overlay still up, let go of the mouse button and then you can close steam overlay.
  • To stop auto running simply press the mouse button again or press escape.

I hope this works for at least some of you, just thought I would try spreading the word.

• Like 2

I lock the W-key on the keyboard with a chopstick. Really easy! :lol:

• Like 3

I just wedge a small piece of folded up paper in-between the S, A and W key after depressing the W key.. there's a sweet spot which holds the key down :)

Then I go for a shit.

Edited by NuckFuts
  • Like 3

Auto-walk is the new auto-run.

In the past I have used a zippo lighter which if balanced properly is the right weight to hold a key press quite well.

I just wedge a small piece of folded up paper in-between the S, A and W key after depressing the W key.. there's a sweet spot which holds the key down :)

Then I go for a shit.

I don't know about the last part of that.....

but that's where my piece of paper goes as well.

I use a railroad spike I was going to make into another tomahawk.  The trick is to balance it on the head, not the point.

Search Results
Your search for the term autorun returned 19 results... :o (titles only).

r6Myv.png

• Like 8

Ha ha ha

Run forest run!

If resting your foot over a pedal isn't a problem then you can use that also. Make it so when the pedal is up, you're running and when you need to stop running push the pedal and then you can go normally with your keyboard.

Or make the same with a steering wheel axis. For example turn your wheel left and you're running.

Btw pedals can be used nicely to tune your moving speed. I'm not using it because it takes bit practice but it can be a nice thing for someone.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I wrote a very simple script for autorun assigned to a keybind of your choice. Mine is set to backslash. Just tap and go. If interested just let me know.

I bound my joystick throttle to it lol but I like the OP one :)