Platin.

About the next coming camera angle

It's the first time I've heard about a change of the camera angle.

I just hope that 3pp stays (maybe in a changed form), because I suffer from motion sickness in 1pp.

I am one of those people who don't really care about the peaking.

I understand why some say it's unfair, because the guy lying on a roof has a great advantage as he can see without being seen. But he needs to get up to shoot and is an easy target then, because he is easy to be spotted then and has no cover while he stands for his shot.

Still, I don't mind if I get killed by a peaker. Just happens.

And I use it, too, depending on the situation. Sue me!

It's the first time I've heard about a change of the camera angle.

I just hope that 3pp stays (maybe in a changed form), because I suffer from motion sickness in 1pp.

I am one of those people who don't really care about the peaking.

I understand why some say it's unfair, because the guy lying on a roof has a great advantage as he can see without being seen. But he needs to get up to shoot and is an easy target then, because he is easy to be spotted then and has no cover while he stands for his shot.

Still, I don't mind if I get killed by a peaker. Just happens.

And I use it, too, depending on the situation. Sue me!

Well, if you have no idea the guy is on the roof because he has been watching you whilst lying down it would be extremely lucky if you were looking in his direction as he stood up to shoot.

In fact because he can see you while you cannot see him he would just wait for you to turn around before standing up.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 3

The new 3PP camera view should be implemented on first person-only servers. Then Bohemia can do A/B testing to see which view players enjoy more.

To be honest, I feel 1PP-only mode needs to go away. It was a mistake to create a second (unpopular) game mode instead of fixing the 3PP camera when close to walls, IMO.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

Well, if you have no idea the guy is on the roof because he has been watching you whilst lying down it would be extremely lucky if you were looking in his direction as he stood up to shoot.

In fact because he can see you while you cannot see him he would just wait for you to turn around before standing up.

True. But maybe he didn't see another guy in a bush or on a hill in a forest nearby scanning for rooftop snipers.

DayZ is a game with many variables.

Anything can happen and peaking is just one of the variables atm.

As I said above my main issue with 1pp only has nothing to do with peaking.

If the new angle can make the "peaking haters" happy, then all the better.

Are you fucking kidding me!??

My bad, dood!!1!  :blush:

I told the devs to change up the viewpoint and stuff a while back and it looks like it's not workin' out too good, huh.  

I'll submit another suggestion to make it stop.  

peace.   B)

The new 3PP camera view should be implemented on first person-only servers. Then Bohemia can do A/B testing to see which view players enjoy more.

To be honest, I feel 1PP-only mode needs to go away. It was a mistake to create a second (unpopular) game mode instead of fixing the 3PP camera when close to walls, IMO.

You must be trolling, right?  1pp is a much richer experience, albeit not so well-suited to the coastal PvP havens.  IMO, forcing a clunky, restricted, new version of 3PP is the only acceptable solution.

Sadly I was hoping an improved 3pp could end this silly debate finally. 3pp people get to see their character and have greater general awareness not captured in 1pp. Similarly 1pp people don't have to worry about silliness like looking over walls. Everyone wins except for people who rely on the most distasteful uses of current 3pp. The playerbase could be united again! Alas, that population which relies on current 3pp shenanigans has come to make their voices heard.

There will be no peace...                                                        No peace.

Secondly, everybody have the option to look above the wall, in a combat, and the most people they didn't like this, are that guys they die all the time because they can't play or aren't good enough to handle this situations or what ever.

This should not be so.  If I were to be standing on one side of a wall, while I see you over that wall, I would have an advantage provided by the perspective.

You would not share that advantage.

Regarding both balance and realism/authenticity, 3PP wall peeking is not a feature that is necessary to, or supportive of,  "quality gameplay."

• Like 5

to the worst and impractical camera angle ever build in Videogames.

uhm uhm...how about we Play it first and than judge ? Oh wait..nowadays...no....lets complain right away...

IMO, forcing a clunky, restricted, new version of 3PP is the only acceptable solution.

lets see how clunky it feels. *see above* 

If they fix the height of the camera in 1PP i dont opose forcing 1PP and forcing daytime/nighttime

I have played Counter Strike Source about 8 years

Last time i checked CS works in 1PP no ?

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

You must be trolling, right?  1pp is a much richer experience, albeit not so well-suited to the coastal PvP havens.  IMO, forcing a clunky, restricted, new version of 3PP is the only acceptable solution.

1PP needs to go away because it is not popular and not used. Instead, add the restricted 3PP camera on 1PP servers and revert the name to "Hardcore" mode. Add extra features like restricted UI, limited loot and increased environmental threats so it is actually hardcore.

• Like 1

uhm uhm...how about we Play it first and than judge ? Oh wait..nowadays...no....lets complain right away...

Last time i checked CS works in 1PP no ?

Did you read what i write or are you just trolling!?  There are several games whis this "looking over the sholder camera" and i would play none of this.

"Last time i checked CS works in 1PP no" Read the hole sentential and it will answer your superfluous question.

Edited by Platin.

I'm pretty sure the devs WANT you to feel uncertain of there being a bandit or a zombie around the next corner.

I don't think the game play was to have people running around without boots and pants yelling friendly while looking for pistols to shoot at the zombies.

I'd rather have them remove 3pp all together, I feel way too safe on 3pp servers. I guess the new 3pp is the closest we will get though.

• Like 1

Did you read what i write or are you just trolling!?  There are several games whis this "looking over the sholder camera" and i would play none of this.

"Last time i checked CS works in 1PP no" Read the hole sentential and it will answer your superfluous question.

You threw around alot of "fucking" and "retarded" so i dident boother....:P

Just a troll ike i said, that makes your utterances irrelevant.

3rd person view was completely fine, everyone has access to it, why can't the whiners just play on First person servers?

The popularity of those servers shows most people prefer to be able to see their character.

In the real world we have pheriphiral vision, in the game 3rd person helps to mitigate that loss of vision.

I agree a slightly closer viewpoint is more practical, but what i dont understand is people who prefer first person trying to blanket the whole game for their preference.

If anyone hates it that much don't play on third person server, its really simple, stop catering the game to whiners

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 2

1PP needs to go away because it is not popular and not used. Instead, add the restricted 3PP camera on 1PP servers and revert the name to "Hardcore" mode. Add extra features like restricted UI, limited loot and increased environmental threats so it is actually hardcore.

Or just eliminate the current nonsense 3pp and replace it with a more restricted view. Again, everyone wins in this scenario except people who exploit. When that is done we can bring 1pp and 3pp back together.

Edited by Ebrim

I don't care about this new camera angle. First, I won't be using it, second, it doesn't appear to solve any of the problems inherent with the third-person camera. They may as well not bother.

• Like 1

I don't care about this new camera angle. First, I won't be using it, second, it doesn't appear to solve any of the problems inherent with the third-person camera. They may as well not bother.

Like so many other changes made thus far. Just remove 3PP already.

A survival game that isn't first person has already lost its authenticity before even connecting to a server.

• Like 7

If every 3pp hater would spend his time playing 1pp instead of shitposting, servers would be cracking with pop by now.

Seriously, go play your mode and have fun.

No, im not taking sides.

/flame shield on.

Edited by halp
  • Like 6

The obvious answer is to just make it a third option and everyone wins.  If they force it, I'm gonna be super disappointed.

Yea lets make everything optional , including zombies, death, hunger, thirst and weapons.

• Like 2

Let's actually see what the new 3pp camera is in action before we judge it too harshly. I'm reservedly optimistic. But maybe that's because I really want it to work so that we stop this endless back and forth.

Edited by Ebrim

Lol if it gets changed even slightly, I'll be gone :P

It is being changed more than slightly...thanks for visiting Chernarus. I would reccomend atleast giving it a chance. Who knows in time you may end up liking it even more than the current 3PP camera?!

• Like 1

Op is a perfect example of what is wrong in modern society.

It's the ME ME ME!!!! mentality (I don't like it, therefore it is shit and it must be done how *I* want it), being a loudmouth while staying uninformed and ignorant (games in alpha stadium are ALWAYS subject to change and not to be taken as a full playable set in stone game) and last the absolute inability to adapt to changes, rather running head first to a wall over and over again or resorting to hissy fits with lots of insults like in the OP.

Bravo, I say!

• Like 2

It is being changed more than slightly...thanks for visiting Chernarus. I would reccomend atleast giving it a chance. Who knows in time you may end up liking it even more than the current 3PP camera?!

I've given this game a chance since release and so far it has actually been enjoyable... Everyone is taking a shit on the game and devs but for what? It's a decent game. And I've seen what the plans for the first person camera are and it looks crappy and cheap

-snip-

You bought the game and what is the FIRST thing you read when you bought it? WARNING: "THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING" you are in no position to be complaining about any changes made to the game, as you bought this game, and by doing so agreed to these terms. I can't tell you how many situations I've been in where people third-person over a wall to see another player. I can't tell you how many times I've done this myself, either. But changing the third-person camera angle will only make the game better. Making the game fair for everyone. Personally, if they removed third person altogether then DayZ would gain that much more realism. But I know there are those people who physically cannot play first person games. And that is why there are first person only servers.

"I shall grab my bowl of popcorn and see how long thy topic lasts."   

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1