boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Someone could be dicking me around, but I think I just found a tan M65 jacket with a 1911 in it. Don't know why someone would pass it up... maybe items are spawning within eachother now???

On an interesting note I got whacked by a Zed today and had no bandages so I had to sew up wound and I got an infection that made me very sick.. Only antibiotics seemed to stabilise my condition. Never had that before, will have to be more careful in future!

On an interesting note I got whacked by a Zed today and had no bandages so I had to sew up wound and I got an infection that made me very sick.. Only antibiotics seemed to stabilise my condition. Never had that before, will have to be more careful in future!

You have to use alcohol tincture on the sewing kit before you sew yourself up. At least that's what someone told me awhile back.

Played around a little more today. Here are some things that I found that aren't apparent at first sight:

• This Hockey stick seemed different than the one I've been seeing all over the place. It has more decals on it, but I could be mistaken and I was just seeing damaged ones before. Couldn't find the other stick to compare.

G2Rbt3P.jpg

• The crafted Torch (wooden stick + rags) cannot be lit by using the hand drill kit. You can use the torch on a tree to add sap, which supposedly makes the torch burn longer. The torch will go out if you put it back into your inventory, then lit again. If thrown, the torch will stay lit on the ground.
  • The crafted Torch can however be lit using a fire that was created with the hand drill kit. 

That hockey stick is different from the one we've had up until now. Not sure if it's intended as a replacement, but it even has a different name; previously there was the "Old Hockey Stick" and what you just saw seems to be called "Ice Hockey Stick." They definitely appear to look different, too.

Thanks for the notes about the torch. They'll be useful :)

You have to use alcohol tincture on the sewing kit before you sew yourself up. At least that's what someone told me awhile back.

Ahh makes sense I was trying to do it after I stiched it up and could not.

That hockey stick is different from the one we've had up until now. Not sure if it's intended as a replacement, but it even has a different name; previously there was the "Old Hockey Stick" and what you just saw seems to be called "Ice Hockey Stick." They definitely appear to look different, too.

Thanks for the notes about the torch. They'll be useful :)

I just saw the "old hockey stick" a few minutes ago (latest patch). Not sure why they feel the need for two useless sticks (let alone one).

How long has the current build been up? I only logged on about 6pm GMT today. Loot was plentiful even in Cherno and Kamy (my 2 spawn points today) I only played on one server... Server was 30-50/50 all day

Not sure, however look what i found in the dev blog

Lastly - as development with 0.57 wraps up, the current iteration of the Central Loot Economy will have loot persistence (the saving of spawned and dropped loot, as well as tents) disabled - while the programming team resolves the blocking issues with item cleanup, and rolls out support for per-building quantity controls to ensure an even spread of loot across the world (slaying those pesky loot splosions). This means that when servers restart, fresh loot will be respawned to ensure an enjoyable experience on stable branch.

Edited by industria

Experimental is an addiction

And the only prescription... is more cowbell

So it seems that Characters were reset with this latest patch, but Loot has been unaffected.

I returned to Msta from spawning on the coast, and all of the loot I had deposited in a shed was still there. I wonder what was changed with the patch.

• Like 1

Anyone having a problem with the game restarting?  Looks like a Battleeye Problem, two of my friends are having this issue at the moment.

Some kid who ran up up to me got way to close to my face for comfort so i knifed his ass as a warning to back the hell away from me. He than got angry and started chasing me but i guess he finally realized he was bleeding to death. I dont mind interacting with ppl but iv had WAY to many instances where ppl have gotten to close to me and KO'd me while im off guard and friendly. Wasn't trying to be a dick really.

So far so good. Still a little lag here and there but idk other than that not much.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

This is the first big experimental patch that I've taken a lot of time to explore and find the new features. I'm not sure if I'm going to be playing a lot of the stable, or if I'm going to continue testing the next experimental patch.

It's tough deciding between playing on my favorite stable hives or finding new features.

So it seems that Characters were reset with this latest patch, but Loot has been unaffected.

I returned to Msta from spawning on the coast, and all of the loot I had deposited in a shed was still there. I wonder what was changed with the patch.

Are you 100% certain that it was exactly the same stuff? I'm just curious. I've never seen a character wipe that didn't also involve a total server reset as well, but that doesn't mean much. I haven't been around for all that long.

Performance has been good for me, although so far I haven't seen a single infected on the server I'd played on (Central 0-2 I think). Spawned in Khelm with like 4 other fresh spawns. Managed to get well kitted in under an hour. Aside from no infected this has been the most pleasant DayZ has been for quite a long time.

Are you 100% certain that it was exactly the same stuff? I'm just curious. I've never seen a character wipe that didn't also involve a total server reset as well, but that doesn't mean much. I haven't been around for all that long.

Yeah iv been finding clothing stacked inside of clothing etc. Im pretty sure the servers themselves have not reset yet. Servers from what i understand don't spawn with other clothing and items stacked inside of them. From my experience on a total server reset you never see this kind of thing. Everything is fresh and not put inside of other things.

Yeah iv been finding clothing stacked inside of clothing etc. Im pretty sure the servers themselves have not reset yet. Servers from what i understand don't spawn with other clothing and items stacked inside of them. From my experience on a total server reset you never see this kind of thing. Everything is fresh and not put inside of other things.

Yes 100% sure.

When I approached the shed that I was compiling loot into, I saw some wooden sticks standing up near a tree in front of the shed. At first I was sad that someone else had just been to the town, but when I entered the shed and saw a big stack of the clothing I had left there, lots of bark, and other random stuff, was all still there.

It's looking like persistence wise, you're better off keeping stuff out in the open rather than storing them in a tent, backpack, or any other storage container.

• Like 2

Damn...wipe. Farewell my noble survivor lady.

WyOXeKA.jpg?1

• Like 1

You guys know what I'm interested in knowing...

Tell me bout them animals... Tell me bout them barrels....

• Like 3

Are you guys having problems to connect on servers?

Everytime i try my game alt tab to update batle eye then another instance of the game is opened lol.

And no connection

I eventually ran into a few infected here and there at Grishino and NWAF. It's strange almost every building and area I looted on my way to NWAF had plenty of items but every building I checked at NWAF only had flares and other junk items. Also has anyone seen a chopper crash? It was dark but I couldn't see them in their spots they have been stuck in during previous versions of 57. Was wondering if they have been fixed or removed.

You guys know what I'm interested in knowing...

Tell me bout them animals... Tell me bout them barrels....

No animals have been reported yet.

Until there is a complete server wipe, I doubt anyone is going to find a new barrel. They are all probably stashed away. Probably won't have access to one until stable hits.

So...apparently this is a thing. 

fEtt93M.jpg?1

• Like 1