boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Yep, I set my computer back to normal version, away from experimental before I left to work this morning. The trick will be finding a server that isn't picked through when I get home tonight. At least on EXP, if you weren't on in the first hour, you had to struggle to find the goodies. 

Once stable gets 57, can't you play on Stable without having to manually switch versions of DayZ?

i'm more effective with the blaze on close encounters and i don't want to abuse the winchester full auto bug  :) . not to mention that before getting the scope, i LOVE the sights of the blaze at night. i hunted many players on 0.57 exp and the blaze never let me down  :thumbsup:

Were you that jerk that killed in the Strary Sabor!?!?!? J/k. Anyway, some dude appeared out of now where, shot me... I ran up stairs in a piano house, but died because every zombie decided to aggro me and proceeded to kill me through the floor. It was great.

Edited by Styrke

Once stable gets 57, can't you play on Stable without having to manually switch versions of DayZ?

If they are the exact same build, yes. The game loads the appropriate character based on what hive the server is on that you're trying to connect to, so what client you're on (Stable vs. Exp.) doesn't matter if the versions are compatible.

If they are the exact same build, yes. The game loads the appropriate character based on what hive the server is on that you're trying to connect to, so what client you're on (Stable vs. Exp.) doesn't matter if the versions are compatible.

Ok, cool. I'm pretty sure last round of updates, I didn't have to revert, so... Also, I just saw a stable server pop up with version 57 in the server list. :D

• Like 1

i'm more effective with the blaze on close encounters and i don't want to abuse the winchester full auto bug :) . not to mention that before getting the scope, i LOVE the sights of the blaze at night. i hunted many players on 0.57 exp and the blaze never let me down

Good point about the Blaze's sights.  Best unscoped sights int he game, no doubt.

• Like 2

no persistence...

more guns...

time to bring the slaughter!! 

nothing but pvp for a month or 2 INC!!!!!!!!

BE LIKE PRE .48 ALL OVER AGAIN!! 

i wonder with no persistence how long it will take for the dupers to show themselves!

Edited by Renigade

no persistence...

more guns...

time to bring the slaughter!! 

nothing but pvp for a month or 2 INC!!!!!!!!

BE LIKE PRE .48 ALL OVER AGAIN!! 

i wonder with no persistence how long it will take for the dupers to show themselves!

Eugen seem confident that this "no persistence" period will not last long ! i'm quite concerned by duper too, evenmore with new weapons like UMP45/SVD/VSS which will soon be dupper noobs best friends.

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 2

Ok....

The server on .128177 is called THE TEST 1.

So I didn't imagine that.  :P

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

.128177 was the build number.

Thank you! Going to try and get the wiki changelog updated for the Stable release later today. Waiting on an official changelog, but I doubt we'll get that today.

• Like 1

Thank you! Going to try and get the wiki changelog updated for the Stable release later today. Waiting on an official changelog, but I doubt we'll get that today.

It'll be a real shame if we dont get a change log right the way, i mean... Over two months without an stable release and no changelog right the way by the time they release it? I hope you're wrong, this time.

I have 0.57.128160

Couple of servers up but I didn't bother checking which version they were running.

• Like 1

It'll be a real shame if we dont get a change log right the way, i mean... Over two months without an stable release and no changelog right the way by the time they release it? I hope you're wrong, this time.

I would rather they take their time with compiling one, there's a LOT to list. Two versions worth of stuff, and both Experimental releases had a ton of changes and additions (some even from build-to-build). Usually the Stable changelogs leave some things out though, so what I end up with on the wiki is usually a combination of the official changelog and notes from Experimental.

• Like 5

I have 0.57.128160

Couple of servers up but I didn't bother checking which version they were running.

Looks like .55.127157 (which is what I have) and a few .57.128177

Edited by Barnabus

Looks like .57.127157 (which is what I have) and a few 128177

Shouldn't that be 0.55.127157? Or did they goof up the version number for 0.57 Stable?

I have 0.57.128160

That's strange I have version 0.57.128157

Shouldn't that be 0.55.127157? Or did they goof up the version number for 0.57 Stable?

No I goofed it and fixed it

I wonder what's with the different server versions?

Internal test builds... last minute changes perhaps? A typo?

Edited by Tatanko

I wonder what's with the different server versions?

Maybe its the next Experimental version?!

Maybe its the next Experimental version?!

Usually there is a week between a stable push and the next experimental build.

I sure would like them to prove me wrong though. :D

• Like 1

Downloading / switching. I need some serious distraction, so hopefully everything works out with this build :) Yay!

Edited by Demonica