boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

I'm sorry I have missed a few updates... you can make a hand drill out of oak bark? And once you got your sticks for kindling what do you do? Just make a fire with the drill? Wow... I seem to have missed a lot but also I have yet to encounter a chicken...

I agree, apples were upped by quite a bit, either due to this exp we are experiencing or they have been for a while and I just never tried.

Yes, cows are in.  Definitely seems that hunger and thirst have been moderately nerfed.

Edited by Barnabus

With an improvised knife and an ashwood stick, I think that you could quite easily ruin a chicken's day!

Now you don't even need to track down a ashwood tree. Long stick can be used cooking, got one from pine and apple tree.

Not sure if it works for fishing pole, problem is getting worms, not sure if there is an all natural way to worms yet.

I think I'ma go punch me a cow for dinner LOL this is probably the craziest way I have ever played DayZ LOL as messed up as it may be at the moment, just for playing around I think it's actually quite awesome :P

Now you don't even need to track down a ashwood tree. Long stick can be used cooking, got one from pine and apple tree.

Not sure if it works for fishing pole, problem is getting worms, not sure if there is an all natural way to worms yet.

Go into a patch of grass and test it. It would be really cool if they made it where you don't need a shovel or hoe to find worms.

I had SO MUCH FUN playing tonight! There is no loot. None. Nada. ZERO. It was the ultimate test of survival within the current constraints of the game, and I still found it incredibly easy to hunker down with a campfire and roast some apples to get myself in good shape to explore. It was refreshing to be tested in that way as a fresh spawn. I'm proud to say I didn't even come close to dying and enjoyed the struggle.

Check out my other thread if you want to see the results of my trek around Berezino :)

I present the Apple King:

Xq1qcky.jpg

y3VwzJS.jpg

JrqPnfN.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 6

Go into a patch of grass and test it. It would be really cool if they made it where you don't need a shovel or hoe to find worms.

IRL, a pitchfork is the best way to harvest worms.  I been cutting in a garden in my back field the past few weeks.  Shovel, hoe, and Pulaski (adze side) all cut up the little fellers, but the pitchfork yeilds me pristine worms.  LOL

I sure hope future patches will include perch and bass, cause those fishes love me night crawlers somethin' awful.

• Like 2

I had SO MUCH FUN playing tonight! There is no loot. None. Nada. ZERO. It was the ultimate test of survival within the current constraints of the game, and I still found it incredibly easy to hunker down with a campfire and roast some apples to get myself in good shape to explore. It was refreshing to be tested in that way as a fresh spawn. I'm proud to say I didn't even come close to dying and enjoyed the struggle.

Check out my other thread if you want to see the results of my trek around Berezino :)

I agree it is fun, even though I have a headache now and a problem... I ran to every single tree, clicking wildly trying to collect bark... nothing. Then I just started collecting sticks, hoping I might be able to find one of these longer ones... how do you go about that??? I checked the wiki for pics of birch and oak and what not and it wasn't entirely useful I must admit. So if someone could help me out with that I would appreciate that.

And roasting apples? How awesome is that??? Haha, nice! Thou shalt now be known as the Appleosopher ;-)

I agree it is fun, even though I have a headache now and a problem... I ran to every single tree, clicking wildly trying to collect bark... nothing. Then I just started collecting sticks, hoping I might be able to find one of these longer ones... how do you go about that??? I checked the wiki for pics of birch and oak and what not and it wasn't entirely useful I must admit. So if someone could help me out with that I would appreciate that.

And roasting apples? How awesome is that??? Haha, nice! Thou shalt now be known as the Appleosopher ;-)

You have to cut a branch off a tree with any knife. The only one we got now is the improvised knife.

I had some fun time too trying to find if the dynamic events were spawning or not.

Relied on apples and berries at first, and then found a boar. I chased him for about 600m when it stopped and started going in circles, so I could kill and skin it. Proceeded then by doing a small BBQ.

2ymdb9l.jpg

r85po7.jpg

Current 1PP character.  :lol:

2m7674n.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a fun time guys. Remember that keeping a roasted apple in your pants keeps the chill away. I look forward to seeing other map discoveries you've made by the morning. I may be able to play for more than five minutes tomorrow.

• Like 5

I ran to every single tree, clicking wildly trying to collect bark... nothing. Then I just started collecting sticks, hoping I might be able to find one of these longer ones... how do you go about that??? I checked the wiki for pics of birch and oak and what not and it wasn't entirely useful I must admit. So if someone could help me out with that I would appreciate that.

That's my bad. Those particular pages were created (and last edited) back in like 0.50 or 0.52 before a lot of this stuff was put in the game. It'll get updated!

In the mean time: you can get birch bark from trees with white bark. Oak bark can be had only from oak trees, which are best described as medium-tall with a thick trunk and dark brown bark.

Relied on apples and berries at first, and then found a boar. I chased him for about 600m when it stopped and started going in circles, so I could kill and skin it. Proceeded then by doing a small BBQ.

So animals ARE spawning then? Awesome! I didn't see any zeds in Berezino or the surrounding areas (including Khelm) at all.

• Like 1

I'm confused. Did the patch actually get pushed through or no?

Looks like a fun time guys. Remember that keeping a roasted apple in your pants keeps the chill away. I look forward to seeing other map discoveries you've made by the morning. I may be able to play for more than five minutes tomorrow.

Well wait a second... Is that a roasted apple in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? LOL

Sorry, but somebody had to say it ^^

Coldatrophy, Well... it did get pushed through but there are quite a few issues like no loot, no zeds, no nothing. DayZ at it's rawest, most intense experience when it comes to straight survival.

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 2

Coldatrophy, Well... it did get pushed through but there are quite a few issues like no loot, no zeds, no nothing. DayZ at it's rawest, most intense experience when it comes to straight survival.

M'kay then. I think I might sit this one out. Sorry people. I could barely handle no zeds. No loot seems like a level of hell.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

M'kay then. I think I might sit this one out. Sorry people. I could barely handle no zeds. No loot seems like a level of hell.

It's not WAD, this has happened before where the servers were up with no connection to central database and thus no loot. It'll likely be fixed when it's a more civilized time in Prague.

• Like 2

That's my bad. Those particular pages were created (and last edited) back in like 0.50 or 0.52 before a lot of this stuff was put in the game. It'll get updated!

In the mean time: you can get birch bark from trees with white bark. Oak bark can be had only from oak trees, which are best described as medium-tall with a thick trunk and dark brown bark.

So animals ARE spawning then? Awesome! I didn't see any zeds in Berezino or the surrounding areas (including Khelm) at all.

I have gone from Svetlo to Lopartino via Turovo-Novo-Sevro-Grishino-NWAF-Vybor and have seen two cows.  No Zeds anywhere, no trucks and no helicrashes.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

https://twitter.com/eugenharton/status/603412056281391104

Dammit, I used to know how to do this, bottom line an estimated 11am CEST for the fix to the servers, which is past my frigging bed time.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

No zeds and no loot makes dayZ a true survival game until the hive problems are fixed. You never know, you may like it but you won't know until you try it out!

• Like 2

Also, unlike most other trees, the bark on the oak trees has a very rough, irregular texture.

• Like 3

Servers are down again.  4.5 or so hours to go.

Edited by Barnabus

Damn, still no servers. Guess it's a waiting game now. Does anyone know if any update notes were released on .57 yet? And if we're all starting as fresh spawns? Seemed that way after reading some of the earlier posts.

@Barnabus

Double edged sword here, I believe they wanted player input during early access, without early access no player input and no one gets to bitch about the game until they buy a substandard 1.0. 

Look at what happened to Star Wars Galaxies after the release of the "New Game Enhancements".  The NGE were the direct result of a focus group composed of people who had never even played the game. Before the NGE becoming a Jedi was a goal and very tough quest to even get the chance to begin the training for it.  You had to master many professions, with the NGE Jedi became a starting profession for cripes sake.  NGE changed the entire feel and play of the game overnight without ANY input whatsoever from the players and it came just days after a major add on was released that most players pre-purchased before NGE was even announced.  SOE ended up refunding everyone who purchased that update.  Then the game went on to die a very slow and very agonizing death with server merges becoming routine.  They even had a "Rewards Program" for players dedicated to destroying old player houses and structures that had been abandoned after people quit the game.  It was a huge fiasco and earned a lot of hatred for SOE, justified or not.

Don't mean to butt In, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. But, think an argument could be made that Galaxies down fall started when SOE released the Combat Upgrade that came before the NGE. I knew a few people who left the game just because they hated the new combat system. I played post NGE and only got a chance to play the other systems thanks to the eumlator.

• Like 1

Damn, still no servers. Guess it's a waiting game now. Does anyone know if any update notes were released on .57 yet? And if we're all starting as fresh spawns? Seemed that way after reading some of the earlier posts.

@Barnabus

Don't mean to butt In, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. But, think an argument could be made that Galaxies down fall started when SOE released the Combat Upgrade that came before the NGE. I knew a few people who left the game just because they hated the new combat system. I played post NGE and only got a chance to play the other systems thanks to the eumlator.

While this is certainly true that players left post CU I'd say the real suicide was the NGE.  I played both before and after the CU and the NGE.  NGE was the worse of the two "upgrades".  CU was a nerf to stats and armor more than anything else in some respects but it didn't change the basis of the professions, you could still be pretty much any combination of anything you wanted.  THB I was such a low level when CU hit I hardly noticed it at all and since it hit when I was in Iraq by the time I got back into the game, well, it had been awhile.  Jedi was still a quest but much less of the mystery it was in the PreCU days.  To be frank, no one really knew how to get the Jedi Quest in pre-CU days, it could be different for everyone albeit with some common factors while it was a little more laid out post CU but certainly wasn't something a player could start out at as a level 1 entry into the game.  I was a Master Ranger and doing the village quests for Jedi when NGE slammed into me like a brick.  All that effort for dick.

I still go to the EMU btw, just as fun as ever, just waiting for Space...

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Got the 076/122 East cherno coast spawn;

:  .,;  ;

:'

'

Found two campfires by them

(One green)                            beach houses

;"southeast of construction.  Seven berries took a while to pick, made a stone

:.  <   'knife and cut a "long stick."

Met a guy picking apples at the well.  The one across the street from the EastGasStation.

;

;

;

;           ...the one by grandma's house.  And he was chill.  I joined his TS.....  And I showed him the apple on my stik.  ik    ik ik  ik

And then this duded,

up into the gas kioskio.

we sawed him by the pumps, FREINDLY LIKE, 'cuzzzzz der wuz nuthin'

;: .;:  ; ; and it was good

he had an apple; and went to look for NO loot.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> so did we.

so did we....  e.e. edit

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1