boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

'round these parts callin' somebody a server hopper is fightin' words  <_<

'round these parts, I show them the business end of my wrapped Mosin.

-snip-

i'm sure it's just a simple misunderstanding though  :) and on that note how many characters can you actually have?

1PP public, 1PP private, 3PP public and 3PP public? 4, that's it right?

and private and private and private and private.....anyoldPP.

Forever. :o

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4

'round these parts, I show them the business end of my wrapped Mosin.

I'm done with the mosin for a while, the introduction of the new hunting scope gave us a few new options to play with.

The Sporter .22 with a 30 round mag and the hunting scope is a lethal combo, you can even make the improvised silencer for it.

With the mag it's even good at close range. pew pew pew pew pew

• Like 3

and private and private and private and private.....anyoldPP.

Forever. :o

oooooooooooohhhhh  :o

Anyone find any cows recently ?

I'm literally waiting until the cows home. :(

Edited by FlimFlamm

I have come to love the sporter but it took me like 5 shots to take down a single zed. So, what about the low noise on it? Is thus gun less likely to be a dinner bell? I'd love to hear something about that if anyone has any experience with it!

I have come to love the sporter but it took me like 5 shots to take down a single zed. So, what about the low noise on it? Is thus gun less likely to be a dinner bell? I'd love to hear something about that if anyone has any experience with it!

It's supposed to be quieter but the zeds seem to respond to it like any other gun.  

I tend to scope plink a few from a distance then reload and then wait and see if any come towards me.

Some player dropped a bunch of loot in middle of the road in Svergino and I was lucky enough to find two 30 round mags  :D

Also, I've taken them out with as few as 2 shots and other times it might take 5 or 6.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

I feel ya. And it's extremely hard to fight Zeds off with your bare hands when at the same time trying to collect enough apples to stay alive for the trip to greener pastures. Let's hope it's just a specific server setting and may you get luckier on another :)

Well, they say that the servers are configured differently ...

About 30sec after I spawned, some jackwagon ran up to me and tried to punch my lights out. When I dodged him and ran, he kept yelling, "Cut me up and eat me." I ran quite a ways. When I got to Pusta, two apples got rid of my hunger and thirst and two more made my hunger and thirst dark green!!! It must be said, though that the tree was pretty stingy and it took a loooong time to get four crummy apples.

There were 14 people on the server when I logged on and everything was pretty responsive. After a while, it took quite a while to eat an apple and get a status message. I checked at that point and there were 42 people on the server. The lag must have pissed everyone off, because about 5 minutes later, there were 17 people logged on. That worked out great for me, because the server was once again pretty responsive.

So far, nothing but scheduled restarts and a little less slide show than the other night. Things are definitely going in the right direction.

• Like 2

Anyone find any cows recently ?

I'm literally waiting until the cows home. :(

I think you're going to have a long wait. Oh and forget about the chickens coming home to roost. They're obviously engaged elsewhere.

I think you're going to have a long wait. Oh and forget about the chickens coming home to roost. They're obviously engaged elsewhere.

Do you know why cows aren't spawning?

I want bone arrows and so I might be forced to go kill some humans :(

• Like 1

You can 1 shot them in the head, I have never found the hunting scope when I had a sporter, but I imagine like the other player said, that would be cool. I haven't tried to 1 shot the military dressed zombies yet with the .22 though. I was sneaking through a town popping them 1 by 1 and not getting rushed but then I missed once and that one ran at me and I had to 4 shot him and then the darn crowd of zombies was on me cause I was too close and that was too loud. I dump the .22 whenever I find something more powerful, unless I have 200 rounds for the .22 and 12 rounds for the new rifle hehe.  My biggest problem is finding the 30 round mag for the sporter.

• Like 1

'round these parts callin' somebody a server hopper is fightin' words  <_<

i'm sure it's just a simple misunderstanding though  :) and on that note how many characters can you actually have?

1PP public, 1PP private, 3PP public and 3PP public? 4, that's it right?

Damn right, calling me a hopper is more of an insult than talking about my mama.  So he shouldn't oughta been a cock to me first.

You can have as many private characters as there are private servers, if you can get whitelisted and passwords for all of them.  However, some of the privates hives share data bases, so that means you get the same character on 1st and 3rd pp servers, which I dislike greatly.

I found a gas can and was carrying it in my hands as I searched around for better gear through a town and I went to click on a gate and missed and glug glug glug glug glug glug I drank some yummy fuel. ARGH!!! After I pulled myself together I found that after growing pumpkins and slicing them and having lunch that I had 20 pumpkin seeds in my inventory and 20 more on the ground with the 3rd pumpkin :-D I would have sat in the roadside hotdog stand and sold pumpkin seeds for bullets if I had a lock and bullet proof glass. :-D  A note on driving a truck is to stop every few miles and get out. If the game dumps or resets while your in the truck you will get teleported back to the last place you were standing on the ground. If you drive really far ...well that will be really far. A short walk from there along the same path you drove will get you back to your truck which will usually be where you were when the trouble started.

Earlier in the build, I was in Cherno on top of one of the cranes in the port area.  I was all the way up top.  There were two zeds about 25 meters from me.  They were on opposite ends so, roughly 50 meters apart with me in the middle.  I shot one with the sporter, reloaded and kept firing on her until she went down, I had no magazine so I wanted to be where they couldn't get at me if they did react and I could reload at my leisure.  Every time I hit her she would react and look around but never came at the crane I was on.  The other one didn't even move until I started shooting at him, same reaction.  Reacted to getting hit and looked around but could not see me..  This was back when we were all starving or dehydrating to death so fast we were dropping like flies, on those cranes, sometimes is a decent stash of food loots, so I always check them (most old timers still have a ladder phobia and most noobs don't know to look there anyway so almost always worth a look)..

So, I don't know if they could hear the sporter or not, but I am speculating that since I was up high, they could NOT hear it and since, unlike dogs, they can't look up I figure they had no idea where I was either.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

New tip: Find an apple tree, spam the shit out of it. Eat apples until you cant eat them anymore. Then loot. Profit.

^Yup.

If you find barren areas try to forage apples and berries until you get further north.

You should find loot in the Northern areas.

Mhmm.

Will I find cows up north?

WONT SOMEBODYT PLEASE THINK OF THE COWS!!!!!

I'm thinking about starting a cow cult. Perhaps If I worship them they will return...

cant find any animals.pustoshka no cows,west from pavlovo no dear,I'm blind?

I want to see a fox,any tips for locations?

Animals seem to not be respawning... Apparantly they were alive BUT YOU MONSTROUS PEOPLE CULLED THEM INTO EXTINCTION.

So I just noticed that zombies can run up into the backs of the pickup trucks now; no more safe haven to chamber and plink with the sporter.  Anybody know if standing knee-deep in a creek will keep them off?

So I just noticed that zombies can run up into the backs of the pickup trucks now; no more safe haven to chamber and plink with the sporter.  Anybody know if standing knee-deep in a creek will keep them off?

Nope they still come at you, best thing to do is climb a ladder and plink from on high.  They still haven't mastered or even try to climb ladders.

Guess you missed this from a bit earlier;

Earlier in the build, I was in Cherno on top of one of the cranes in the port area.  I was all the way up top.  There were two zeds about 25 meters from me.  They were on opposite ends so, roughly 50 meters apart with me in the middle.  I shot one with the sporter, reloaded and kept firing on her until she went down, I had no magazine so I wanted to be where they couldn't get at me if they did react and I could reload at my leisure.  Every time I hit her she would react and look around but never came at the crane I was on.  The other one didn't even move until I started shooting at him, same reaction.  Reacted to getting hit and looked around but could not see me..  This was back when we were all starving or dehydrating to death so fast we were dropping like flies, on those cranes, sometimes is a decent stash of food loots, so I always check them (most old timers still have a ladder phobia and most noobs don't know to look there anyway so almost always worth a look)..

So, I don't know if they could hear the sporter or not, but I am speculating that since I was up high, they could NOT hear it and since, unlike dogs, they can't look up I figure they had no idea where I was either.

Edited by Barnabus

Do you know why cows aren't spawning?

I want bone arrows and so I might be forced to go kill some humans :(

As long as it's in the name of science ...

• Like 1

Nope they still come at you, best thing to do is climb a ladder and plink from on high.  They still haven't mastered or even try to climb ladders.

Guess you missed this from a bit earlier;

-snip-

Have you recently tried standing in water?  I couldn't find anymore zeds after the truck surprise.  I'm mostly interested in quick emergency refuges, as ladders are always the obvious choice.  Unless you happened to have been unlucky enough to have them push you off a ladder, and get stuck in the climbing animation on the ground a couple meters from the ladder...

Will I find cows up north?

WONT SOMEBODYT PLEASE THINK OF THE COWS!!!!!

I'm thinking about starting a cow cult. Perhaps If I worship them they will return...

Oh joy! Can we sacrifice a virgin?!?!?!

• Like 1

One must now unload the Izh43 shotgun before sawing it off.  Got scared there for a second.