boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Literally, I get on, hop on a server and about 30 seconds later, DayZ just crashes. Hope a simple restart fixes this.

Make sure you didn't change any launchparameters / video-settings that cause the crashes.

Compass accurately shows direction in hotbar graphic in real time!

:wub:

• Like 10

lol You ate him?

One time I was sick, some dude killed me at a fountain. I was really hoping that he'd eat me and get sick too...

Yes and I died shortly afterwards (of dehydration) when I ate a full bag of rice. Was within about 50m of a well. 

And I just got killed on sight in berezino (which I struggled to recognise at first) - I hope it was the guy from the well tbh.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Make sure you didn't change any launchparameters / video-settings that cause the crashes.

Never use launch params. Accidentally hit default in video settings, but put them back to what they were before. :/

Any settings in video settings known to cause crashes?

Well, glad to see loot is fixed again. Experiecing "Memory could not be Read" CTDs, though.

Restart didn't fix it. Not recording didn't fix it. Default settings didn't fix it. Time to verify game cache.

Was right in the middle of a pretty epic fist fight, too.

Also, why has literally every person I've run in to so far (six, in about a total of 20 minutes game time) been hostile?

EDIT: No files fixed via validation. First time I'ma have to just 'nope' out of an experimental. Not made it more than 5 minutes without crashing. Stable sucks too, so I guess no DayZ for me for a little while.

Edited by Beizs

Restart didn't fix it. Not recording didn't fix it. Default settings didn't fix it. Time to verify game cache.

Was right in the middle of a pretty epic fist fight, too.

Also, why has literally every person I've run in to so far (six, in about a total of 20 minutes game time) been hostile?

EDIT: No files fixed via validation. First time I'ma have to just 'nope' out of an experimental. Not made it more than 5 minutes without crashing. Stable sucks too, so I guess no DayZ for me for a little while.

Similar here. Constant crashes. I'm lucky if I make it 5 mins.

• Like 1

Found loot in one of the new general stores ...

Good news!

I've been watching for this. I've only been inside one this morning and it was barren.  :(

Didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if someone has mentioned it, but there is an issue with an equipped weapon disappearing. If you vault or go up a ladder with a weapon in hand, the weapon goes into your inventory but is invisible. You can fix it by re-logging. If you equip another gun, the original item is gone permanently and does not switch with the gun you picked up.

Good news!

I've been watching for this. I've only been inside one this morning and it was barren.  :(

Just for the record, loot has been spawning in those general stores for a while now. In the previous update, I found a gas lantern in one, a cooker and gas can in another (lantern and cooker were in the main room, gas was in the back) and a pristine press vest in another (again, in the back). :P

Berezino, Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk, Novaya Petrovka, Severograd, and Zelenogorsk :)

I found the one in Cherno. It looks absolutely massive from the outside!

I couldn't stop, as I had more pressing needs at the time. I'll circle back later for a closer look.

Just a note, when I played on 1pp earlier today, I didn't crash at all. Gonna check if it still works fine.

i didn't experienced any improvement in FPS, it still run crappy on a very high end computer, i'll try on my on laptop to see if improvement concern low end computers.

i'm looking for an AK, 74, 74U or AKM, but i'm afraid that it will be impossible after the initial loot frenzy.

I've been playing on my crappy AMD machine today. It usually gets 15-25FPS. Today I'm seeing more like 22-32FPS. :D The issue is (and has been) that I'll be strolling along at 28, 30, 29, 32, 28FPS and then suddenly it drops to 6FPS (or 1, even)!!! Obviously the overall FPS will eventually increase, but the sudden drops are VERY jarring! I hope that the devs can get a handle on this, because it's just like throwing an anchor out!

I found a 74U and some ammo to feed it, rather early on. Iir, it was on a wrecked HUMMV. So, don't give up yet, they're out there. Now all I need is a mag, or three and I'll be a happy camper. 

Berezino spawn. 40min around the town. Got everything i need. Even found a tent. :) no zeds and no eating or drinking noices. Now some food in real life and then back to exploring the experimental.

I found two tents in the second house that I entered!

Cherno spawn.

- pitched a tent and made a garden plot; planted some tomatos

- I came back from looting a town, the most items in the tent became invisible

- I logged out and in, some items were visible but has no textures and/or the qantity was warong (0 instead of 40rounds, etc.)

- same with arrows; the bow shows an arrow but there is none; right klick on arrow=receiving...

- also happens with other items (tomatos, ammo, etc...)

came back to the tent

v3boap7s.jpg

after relog

k3pbfwfa.jpg

after item swap

gntzduf5.jpg

- the new school building looks very nice, I like the inner yard and the size very much

I had the exact same issue with pumpkin slices on the last 0.56 build.

Audio for repeater loading plays every time I load the game.

It played in 2 parts and the 2nd time I could see the loading animation in my inventory.

You're not imagining things. I jumped back in after a scheduled server re-start and I immediately saw a 74U re-load animation.

Has anyone found items spawning on the tall radio towers? I used to love visiting them but early on in CLE they seemed not to be spawning anything.

• Like 1

Just for the record, loot has been spawning in those general stores for a while now. In the previous update, I found a gas lantern in one, a cooker and gas can in another (lantern and cooker were in the main room, gas was in the back) and a pristine press vest in another (again, in the back). :P

I'm sure that I had visited 20 of those general stores in 0.56 and I never found a damn thing. On second thought ... maybe it was the same store 20 times? Hell, I don't know. All I know is that the're always empty!!!  >:(

I'm sure that I had visited 20 of those general stores in 0.56 and I never found a damn thing. On second thought ... maybe it was the same store 20 times? Hell, I don't know. All I know is that the're always empty!!!  > :(

Haha, in all fairness, I think all of the times I found loot in it, it was the one in Sinistok, on whichever server I could get on. Might be why - Sinistok was just generally very good for loot.

Has anyone found items spawning on the tall radio towers? I used to love visiting them but early on in CLE they seemed not to be spawning anything.

Shhh!

That's a fave spot for neglected rifles!

I have not seen any up there since the CLE either come to think of it.   :(

Edit: The utility shed below one had a repeater though.

4+ hours without infected and I'm burning out.

2 weeks before we can likely hope for new new infected.

Part of me hopes they push 0.58 Exp the same day as 0.57 Stable but historically there is a week gap at least.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4

I've been playing on my crappy AMD machine today. It usually gets 15-25FPS. Today I'm seeing more like 22-32FPS. :D The issue is (and has been) that I'll be strolling along at 28, 30, 29, 32, 28FPS and then suddenly it drops to 6FPS (or 1, even)!!! Obviously the overall FPS will eventually increase, but the sudden drops are VERY jarring! I hope that the devs can get a handle on this, because it's just like throwing an anchor out!

I found a 74U and some ammo to feed it, rather early on. Iir, it was on a wrecked HUMMV. So, don't give up yet, they're out there. Now all I need is a mag, or three and I'll be a happy camper. 

i'm currently playing on my girlfriend PC while she work  :P . it's loaded with a GTX 780Ti and a i5 4960K, she set graphics on very high, the game is beautifull but not smooth at all, i get something like 20 FPS in cities.

i've had good luck with magazines and attachements, but not with AKs. i currently carry two 75rnd drum mags, two ak74 mags, two 30rnds AKM mags (dumped multiples others), one kashtan scope (dumped 3-4 of them too), two pristine east supressor... but i've still not seen a single AK rifle  <_< , i'm using a winchester right now, but no scope for it, got a FNX with mags and red dot, but i cant find a battery. this game... :D . winchester + FNX is still an awsome combo, i won't complain  ;)

What exactly has been nerfed? I always drank myself stuffed to orange with water but I wondered after Merino's video's if it was any good. Turns out it doesn't matter how much you drink, the maximum is 4000 ml of water. So now I only drink until I'm light green hydrated and then drink 500 ml so I'm at 4000 ml of water. The rest of my stomach contents can go to food then.

It would mean I need to test hydration again if they made any changes to it.

So golden tip: don't drink yourself stuffed, drink until you are light green hydrated and then 50 % of a PET bottle, 5 times drinking from a well/pond/lake, 80 % of a canteen or 100 % of a natural water pouch. I'm not sure about the alcohol tincure at the moment though. This way you can jog around 8 to 9 minutes.

Please note: you can not rely on the 8 to 9 minutes jogging because there can be so many variables (body heat, exhaustion, terrain steepness, sickness, etc.) which can change the results.

I tested it only twice but the results were close. First time I drank 500 ml water from light green hydrated and jogged until I was dark green hydrated (took 8 minutes and 54 seconds). Then I drank until orange stuffed and jogged the same course until I was dark green hydrated (took 8 minutes and 32 seconds). I waited a few minutes before the tests to make sure I was on full breath and not exhausted. Keep in mind that modifications to the mechanics can throw these tests right in the bin.

Merino did great videos, but that was a year ago. The most current video i know of the topic is from WOBO, think it is called secondary stats something ... that says 0.5 water / second needed for jogging.

8m54s = 534 sec ... seems more like 1 water / second now with those figures while jogging ... unless I misunderstood your test, or they played around with light green hydration start, or you were not actually at 4000 water, or they started implementing some sweating / exhaustion thingy, or ... omg, the possibilites. Either way, assuming you were not overheating (or something else), used up 500ml of water, and were continuously jogging, it's obvious that WOBO's numbers are not correct any more.

So, after you all cleared out the servers for hours, I was able to play some now.

Some things I found and some tips so you don't feel the pain I did:

• Food definitelly respawns, at least soda cans. Absolutely impossible that there would have been those left where I found them.
  • Apple spamming is still a thing, although it did not work great. Still, I think they will / should do it like with berries, where continuously spamming the action button will cancel the action.
  • DO NOT MIX hotbar actions with regular inventory actions ... for example, do not fill up a canteen, leave it in your hands and then use a hotbar key to take out your weapon ... the canteen will be gone. Same goes with other things. Seems to me like using the hotbar will not put anything back into the inventory. Now if you have for example a sawed off shotty in the backpack and a winchester on your back, both on hotkeys, you can switch them around as you like, BUT the first time the shotty is equipped with the hotkey, it vanishes from the inventory. Then when switching back to the winchester, it does not appear in the inventory again. You can still equip it again with the hotkey, but it's messed up with the inventory. So whenever you do something else than switching out weapons, make sure to unequip your hands in the inventory. No idea what will happen, if the game tries to put back for example a sawed off shotty because you want to drink and there is no room in the inventory.
  • When double yielding, drop one gun to the ground, before you do something. If you do not, one of your guns vanishes ... for me the one already on the back. Good news: it was simply lieing on the ground after I relogged after that, so that still works.
  • I was not able to craft a single splint, it always vanished, had plenty of room in the inventory. Also crafting splints using up a complete stack of rags is still a thing.
  • I was not able to take some clothing, also some other gear, a gas canister comes to mind ... was hoping that that is not a thing any more. Found 2 dresses in a "food house" as well as a raincoat, happily ripped up my shirt and then continued on without top wear. Some of the clothes I could not take I ripped into rags, that worked every time I tried.
  • Jumping did NOT always work, but almost. There is still delay sometimes, once I went full sprint towards a fence, jumped, and after I was already running against the fence, my char finally decided to climb over that thing ... not new, but I listed it because iirc someone wrote it works every time... my memory might be wrong there

I am not really all that energized, but also not hungry, picked one apple and maybe 5 berries I think. Found no canned food but one tacbac and one can of tuna, no dry food, but several cans of soda. "Food houses" seem to again spew out lots of clothing again. Ups, forgot, there are no "food houses" according to ... was it Hicks? ... but you know what I mean.

Edited by bautschi

Shhh!

That's a fave spot for neglected rifles!

I have not seen any up there since the CLE either come to think of it.   :(

Edit: The utility shed below one had a repeater though.

4+ hours without infected and I'm burning out.

2 weeks before we can likely hope for new new infected.

Part of me hopes they push 0.58 Exp the same day as 0.57 Stable but historically there is a week gap at least.

Ha, yeah, I have no idea in the old days how many mosins I found climbing those. :D

Well this patch seems to be allot better than .56 and i even managed to find a hunting scope which is pretty cool. To bad it doesn't work on the IZH rifle. No idea why considering its a single chambered rifle with no cartridge capacities or the like.

• Like 1

Well this patch seems to be allot better than .56 and i even managed to find a hunting scope which is pretty cool. To bad it doesn't work on the IZH rifle. No idea why considering its a single chambered rifle with no cartridge capacities or the like.

Yeah, it's a shame. Izh-18 is still my new love though. We'll see if the scope mount mentioned in the description ever ends up taking the hunting scope or even what alterations will be available once we get weapon modification.