boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Tell me about it.
938.3mb.

Expect updates...

• Like 5

Well, at least my wife isn't home from work yet....  Going in...

Edited by Barnabus

Think I will download exp while  at work for 5 hours then come home n thrash and try 2 feedback 

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 1

Hi guys. Been playing for a couple hours. Been an up and down experience. Some servers I haven't found loot, some I have. Some servers have had very bad inventory/action desync, others haven't. I managed to loot up a basic kit and then got a kill for the rest of my loot so I don't have a very good picture of the loot situation. Inventory is acting very strange to say the least. All in all I've been having fun though. Can't wait to see how they expand on this in further updates.

• Like 3

The new update is the shit. Loot spawning is fantastic and utterly random. Tons of desync and server crashes galore, but I'm sure it will all get worked out in good time. I'm having a hard time being able to tell what is a bug and what is a server lag/desync/degradation issue. Thanks @Hicks206 (and everyone else who soldiered on with him) to bring this update to us tonight. 

• Like 6

So far seems the servers are unstable, I keep losing connection.  Found one of the new Winchesters in a house and an RV1 Red dot in a feeding station.  Have not seen a shirt or back pack.

Edited by Barnabus

playable, but my guns keep disappearing. found the 7.62x39 single shotter. Also 7.62x54r got new graphics. 
Sorry no pics, can't take screenshots for some reason

• Like 1

The new update is the shit. Loot spawning is fantastic and utterly random

Random is a good thing. Makes for a more interesting travel experience than hopping the same spawn points all over again.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 5

I have learned that it is possible to interact with trucks. you just have to look at the back of the cabin on the drivers side. From there you can open all the doors and hood.

• Like 2

Hopefully we'll have a some changelog notes on gamepedia or somewhere tomorrow.  Late for me, so g'nite all... zzzZZZzzzzZZZzzz......

Well, I've never played on an experimental update so I decided to give it a go. I could only handle about thirty minutes. Here are some things that I noticed.

I had this really odd flashlight duplication bug where it looked like I had two flashlight, but I actually only had one.

Rags don't initially show up when you tear a t-shirt or something like that. You have to move an item in your inventory in order for it to appear. This made me think of a block update detector in Minecraft. Haha :-)

Falling off of a roof doesn't always kill you. Also, landing on a fence seems to break your fall and cause no damage (this was also in 0.55).

You have to crouch in order to search for stones, but then your character stands up upon searching.

The latency seems much worse, but it could be due to the servers. I've had lots of things disappear.

The loots seems very random, but it is kinda nice. It reminds me of the early 0.55. I found a white balaclava and a black balaclava in the same random house on the same table.

I do like that the gas canisters now show a percentage, but I found one at a well... seems odd. I'm not sure what their overall goal for the loot tables are.

The maps don't make sense. The previous maps made much more sense.

The quickbar is crazy. Everything is white as if I don't have the item.

Zombies... ugh... they're so stupid and I still have yet to hear one make an alerted sound!!!

I had to run into this one in order for it to notice me...

2015_05_08_00001.jpg

EDIT: Is drowning still a thing?

Anyway, I just thought I would share my experience. I always think, "What were they doing that caused this?" I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and I won't be able to play until the middle of the next month so I hope lots of things have changed by then. I'm pretty optimistic!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :-)

Edited by ShoobieStomper

Found a winchester 70 without a scope.

sW89m0L.jpg

Lots of loot explosions in various places it seems. The hot bar seems non functioning at the moment too.

• Like 2

I'm on DayZ UK2 0-2 (Experimental/Unstable)

There is loot piling

+ I can not attack when crouched  hand weapons (tyre wrench) * garden hoe does not have this problem

+ I can not switch weapons unless I first go empty handed (straight switch from stun to weapon does not work).

TBC.

* EDIT

• Like 4

I'll reserve judgment on loot spawn, seems pretty strange so far but need a few restarts to see what's what I think.  I am on Singapore 1, if I had to give this build a James Bond Villain name it would be Oddspawn.  I am having my best luck in Deer Blinds, Feeding Stations and Maintenance sheds at the base of Telecommunications towers.  The towers themselves seem to be spawning nothing.   All kinds of optics are turning up at the blinds and feeding stations.  I have found more xbow, M-4 and MP-5 compatible optics on this server than since they got rid of the Blackhawk spawns.

I didn't have to crouch to find a stone.  When I made the stone knife it stayed in my hand and did not automatically appear in an inventory slot or in my hot bar.  It was in my hand.

Hot bar is working, just not correctly.   When you pick an item up that used to go straight into the hot bar like an axe or a rifle it does not do that anymore.  Now you must drag an item into it and you can use it but the item shows up as a ghost.

It does seem like some servers are getting stuck in the reset cycle again.  I imagine no experimental servers will be working by Sunday AM, here's to hoping I am way, way off on that.

The Winchester takes Winchester .308.  I know that seems like common sense but I am sure that will get asked over and over and over.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Three words : Skalisty Island Spawn

I had never spawned as a fresh spawn on the south east edge of Skalisty Island. There was very few items and the beginning of my journey was pretty rough, but once I made it to the shore, I started acquiring the necessary to survive.

Found this neat jacket.

2v19hz6.jpg

Plenty of ammo on various locations. Very random item finds and I really enjoy that.

Very stable server experience for me. Server only restarted once and never crashed.

Infected have footsteps sounds again.

Vehicles don't seem to be accessible now. Had no option to get in or access the V3S I found. 

Really like the new village shop/general store.

339slxd.jpg

I experienced only one instance of loot explosion, and is was isolated to a single house in a town. A "grandma's house" was filled with about 20 raincoats, and that's it...

Finally this is what I managed to find.

2cegpba.jpg

• Like 6

Vestception. Any storage items can store torso items within more torso items within more torso items. If you keep going, you can technically (as far as I can tell) have unlimited storage, provided that you keep placing a vest or other chest clothing item in each "stage".  

EDIT: This is happening with pants too. I just discovered that a pair of cargo pants I had been carrying was full of items that I had intended to put in my bag.

I have been writing notes as I play and I think I've got a basic understanding of what is wrong with the hotbar. I think the new inventory matrix is completely disconnected from the hotbar. All of the items you put in it are white as if they had been assigned to your hotbar but were no longer actually in your inventory. I think that when you pick an item up, it briefly recognizes that you took possession of an item, giving you the whited out icon, but once it gets stored on your avatar, the hotbar no longer has any idea where the stuff is, so it thinks you dropped it. In prior builds, I have been able to continue using an item that I had accidentally thrown (I did it often enough to have to bind Throw to a different key) simply by hitting the appropriate hotbar button. 

Pro Tip: If you are having trouble picking up an item, clear your hands and drag the item to your hands. Not all items can be held in your hands but the ones that can will move to your hands. Then click the X in the hands box and (assuming you have inventory space for it) the item will auto arrange into your inventory.

Anyone else finding zombies locked in buildings? I'm not sure if they put some spawns inside buildings or if people had trapped them inside.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 4

Towards the end of my play session I was experiencing some really bad latency problems. Not desync but really high ping to where it was lagging. Checked my connection and it seemed OK but who knows.

After a while of playing I realized that almost everything I had of value had come from PVP and not looting. Had trouble really finding anything good even after checking multiple military areas throughout the night on multiple servers.

EDIT: This is happening with pants too. I just discovered that a pair of cargo pants I had been carrying was full of items that I had intended to put in my bag.

Where'd you find 6 slot pants? I'm still in the jeans I spawned in with a silenced AK somehow lol.

Where'd you find 6 slot pants? I'm still in the jeans I spawned in with a silenced AK somehow lol.

Garages. Sheds. Deerstands. Gatehouses. Train cars. Randomly everywhere. Just gotta dig in and look, especially places you never would have in the past. 

Almost impossible not to dupe accidentally

Actually, from what I am seeing, the "duping" that is occuring isn't actually a true duplicate. For example, when I put away my SKS it left a copy on the ground. I asked my buddy to walk over to me ands tell me if he saw an SKS on the ground. He said no, but that instead he was getting the "Take" on screen prompt when looking at my feet. Then he picked it up and started to walk away, joking "thanks for the SKS". The SKS was still on my back and showed up in my inventory though so I put it back in my hands and the item disappeared from his inventory. Things are making shadow copies of themselves but none of it seems to stick.

• Like 5

Yeah all the times I thought I had accidentally duped it just turned out to be visual. If I logged out and back in the copy was not there anymore. Could be different for others but for me it has just been for show.

• Like 1

Yeah I think it is just visual. At one stage I was double carrying the same gun but when I x-ed it was on the ground.

A weird thing when you see the gun on the ground and have one on your back, you can run back and forth over the one on the ground and the one on your back with disappear then reappear. 

I was mostly terrified my gun would completely disappear so I never actually interacted with the duped item.

Also the hotbar is fubared atm and I can't seem to interact with trucks.

Love the crawling zombies:cool:

• Like 1

Yeah I think it is just visual. At one stage I was double carrying the same gun but when I x-ed it was on the ground.

A weird thing when you see the gun on the ground and have one on your back, you can run back and forth over the one on the ground and the one on your back with disappear then reappear. 

I was mostly terrified my gun would completely disappear so I never actually interacted with the duped item.

Also the hotbar is fubared atm and I can't seem to interact with trucks.

Love the crawling zombies:cool:

I don't think the hotbar has been updated to properly interact with the new inventory matrix. Also, I read you can still get in the trucks but you have to stand in exactly the right spot to get the icon to appear.

• Like 1

Found a winchester 70 without a scope.

sW89m0L.jpg

Lots of loot explosions in various places it seems. The hot bar seems non functioning at the moment too.

Just found 1 too, I shot zombie with it, and the sound needs work; too quiet for a .308