gannon46

so much for the struggle

If the server you are on is broken and has no loot...... LEAVE. If you stay on a broken lootless server, and complain about finding no loot, you are both a masochist and stupid.

character's an inch from death by the time you realize you're on the wrong server.

you (the minority hardcore mode braggarts) have the power to make the game as hard as you want, even in its current state.  you don't HAVE to pick up all the stuff that lying around.  go for it.  feel free to play the game standing on your head or with the monitor turned off.  but the problem (yes there was a problem, acknowledged by the devs not just imagined by the 'CoD people') was real, and fixing it however they needed to was the correct action.  sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 2

I don't get the whole, "Starved 4 times out of 5." thing. I played in Private servers, even busier ones during .55 and not ONCE did I starve to death. Now a few times I was desperately searching an apple tree while looking over my shoulder the whole time going, "Nobody see me.... nobody see me... nobody see me..." Once I had to loot seeds, water bottle, and hoe and run to a secluded place with a tiny bit of water. At that point I could make a garden plot, plant the seeds, water it from the water bottle, gather seeds from the one and eat the rest. In that way I filtered the water through the veggies I grew to get hydrated and energized. Then I could go back with more time to spare and sneak around town till I found what I needed. 

It was VERY possible to not starve if you stopped trying to get a gun and ammo before getting the hell out of town. Get what you need to barely survive and run. That doesn't mean gun with ammo. A single water bottle could energize and hydrate you if you found a secluded coastal spot to get sardines. 

• Like 7

It is because the majority of the community did not want that loot patch. I want loot to be rare, but not in that way, that way is terrible. When 4/5 of your characters starve to death, something is wrong. I went back to Vanilla Dayz mod because of it.

When loot becomes rare and the system smart, it will be fun. The last loot system was dumb. I would prefer mass loot over that.

I agree with you, great idea, poor execution.

It became apple harvester simulator 2015 for a fresh spawn.

I spent 2 hours the last session eating apples because I kept harvesting just  few at a time, then I would check houses etc, I really did not think food to be so rare, and hunting, yeah great idea when your on the brink of death from starvation and you need a gun ammo wood matches a frying pan or a pot and axe or a cooking stove with gas and cooking pot or a frying pan.

Farming kinda helped me, but well, its a time consuming process and tomatos and green peppers did not really energize one, pumpkins are awesome but they take allot of storage place.

Military bases having only seeds books and cloths, was  a huge joke, making the the military bases pointless and obsolete, as well as the entire coast line, it should have had a moderate amount of loot, and the more one would have gone inland the more lucrative the loot.

Edited by XallZall
  • Like 2

I didn't like the fact that the helicopters were in the same spot on almost all servers.  I choked on my coffee when I found the second tent within five minutes. I really wanted to spend the time to collect every single book and bring it to my campsite, because that would have been weird. :-D  I was forced to learn to farm and I was proud of my little hideout/farm/pond/bookclub/campground. It was halloween at my hideout with all them pumpkins. I ran out of bullets finally and decided to stay out of big towns, because no matter how well I was sneaking past the zombies, I came around a corner right into one and broke and ran. My badly damaged axe didn't last long and I haven't been able to sharpen anything since a few patches. I found a pickaxe a few patches ago, got a big 4 spot rock and it sharpened stuff. But that ended it seems. When I get home I will get some gear and maybe next patch be a little better prepared for possible difficult times before the next patch.

• Like 2

character's an inch from death by the time you realize you're on the wrong server.

you (the minority hardcore mode braggarts) have the power to make the game as hard as you want, even in its current state.  you don't HAVE to pick up all the stuff that lying around.  go for it.  feel free to play the game standing on your head or with the monitor turned off.  but the problem (yes there was a problem, acknowledged by the devs not just imagined by the 'CoD people') was real, and fixing it however they needed to was the correct action.  sorry for the inconvenience.

I think the problem "the minority hardcore mode braggarts" (as you put it) had was the huge amount of people who have been running their mouths off for two weeks about how they went on 50 servers and didnt find find one can of beans or how all Elektro and NWAF had no cool loot... I mean the amount of over the top negativity has been unreal! So much so that SMoss had to remind all the wingers what the development process was really all about in this weeks update.. If that didnt make a lot of people feel like dicks they must be blind or stupid.

So for us lot that really enjoyed 0.55 lets not fall into the same trap of crying like children... the loot scarcity aint gone for good, just for a few week... its all part of the process 

In the mean time im grabbing a repeater and a pink dress and heading to Elektro .... remember what everyone was saying last week to the 0.55 haters......"adapt to the way the game is" and all that... works both ways!

• Like 4

I'd imagine a year of no content killed off a lot of peoples enthusiasm.

I think you have it backwards. All they've done lately is add content. What they haven't resolved are the performance issues, adding more zombies, and raising the player capacity. Well they have done it in small increments, and yes those are meant to be post-beta optimizations, as content/features are supposed to come first.

I'm just saying that's what is mainly holding back the majority of players from playing. People with beast computers unable to get smooth frames, the lack of player interaction due to a MASSIVE map and only 50 player servers, etc. They've added plenty of guns/clothing/features such as farming, a bit more crafting, etc in the meantime.

Just my observation. I am enjoying the progress DayZ has made over the course of it's lifetime. It's shaping up to be the true zombie apocalypse simulator we all envisioned.

Edited by bonesnap

Were the apple trees not spwaning?  I know it can be a time dump trying to get healthy of an RNG bush, but it is possible; still never starved to death--except for that one time I broke my legs, crawled into the ocean, and couldn't drown.

• Like 2

Were the apple trees not spwaning?  I know it can be a time dump trying to get healthy of an RNG bush, but it is possible; still never starved to death--except for that one time I broke my legs, crawled into the ocean, and couldn't drown.

Not all apple trees are created equal, the starving to death picking them is a weak excuse. I was watching tv last night low on blood killing the last hour before the servers went down. Just to see so I tried at the trees along the road south of Vyshnoye. Tree one, 1/5 or so, tree two nothing in 10 tries, tree three was 1 every other pick or better. In under an hour I got stuffed filled my 6 slot pants, my 6 slot jacket and all but the top row of my drybag plus the ones I ate to keep stuffed. In less than an hour I went from almost unconscious low blood and orange hungry to hydrated, energized and healthy with at least 18 apples for the road. A little tedious yes but it was far from impossible.    

Not all apple trees are created equal, the starving to death picking them is a weak excuse. I was watching tv last night low on blood killing the last hour before the servers went down. Just to see so I tried at the trees along the road south of Vyshnoye. Tree one, 1/5 or so, tree two nothing in 10 tries, tree three was 1 every other pick or better. In under an hour I got stuffed filled my 6 slot pants, my 6 slot jacket and all but the top row of my drybag plus the ones I ate to keep stuffed. In less than an hour I went from almost unconscious low blood and orange hungry to hydrated, energized and healthy with at least 18 apples for the road. A little tedious yes but it was far from impossible.    

Most of these complaints are from people who just think they are too good to pick berries or apples.  I still get the giggles when I hear about people starving, because I know it means they are just trying to rush to the south coast to kill someone for their supplies/flesh, and failing at it.  I know it's a bit hackneyed, but slow and steady wins the race.

I didn't have any problems with the loot this update, aside from that persistence bug the first few days (RIP bag of goodies I'd been saving for five weeks).  I really don't get how people thought it was broken; all you had to do was run through the northern interior villages.  I spent the last couple days making my way safely from Mogli up to CP, Sverigno, and the northern military base, only to discover that the loot distributiion had reverted.  I was really excited to see what that chain of wrecks at the north of the map was going to spawn.  Now I have to run all the way back south and hunt server-hoppers at Vybor.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

True dat, Haven't starved once in in .55 and I play/die allot.

I really don't get how people thought it was broken

I dunno, but when the developers actually acknowledge that shit is indeed fucked for some servers its time to move past "Lol its just those KOS kiddies being baddies!" and accept that shits going wrong.

I dunno, but when the developers actually acknowledge that shit is indeed fucked for some servers its time to move past "Lol its just those KOS kiddies being baddies!" and accept that shits going wrong.

I never saw anything too desolate to survive, but I was covering lots of ground.  Still doesn't mean that other servers that I never visited didn't have problems.  And I'm inclined to believe that the devs somehow confirmed this problem on the public hive as well; as I am aware of the well-documented private server loot deserts.  The reversion doesn't offend me any.  I've been carrying a hacksaw for two weeks and still never found a new shotgun to cut down.  (though I've fouled about a half-dozen Mosins, lol) ;)

Well, all they ever admitted to was that on some private high population servers loot was not spawning correctly for which I take to mean quickly enough to equip that many players. As the system they put into place is supposed to manage the loot over multiples of servers I can see why it might not work correctly for a single server on a hive. That being said I was playing on a server with population and managed to get "geared up" even to the point I eventually had an AKM with a scope and a couple mags, Plate Carrier with add on pouches, spare food, MP5 with all the attachments I could want and multiple mags, and more. I was rather happy that it TOOK LONGER and I had to really hunt for some things along the way as well as fend off zombies almost constantly. 

• Like 2

Loot scarcity will be back. Lets hope they get it down for .56. We know their vision, this dumbed down, easy mode loot system is just a place holder, as you know. The core game will not be balanced towards the casual market:(i got 30 min to play - i wanna own!). Personally, i will have to wait for .56, cause i can't stand the abundance of loot. I get bored with very easy games, the survival element is nullified.

Loot scarcity will be back. Lets hope they get it down for .56. We know their vision, this dumbed down, easy mode loot system is just a place holder, as you know. The core game will not be balanced towards the casual market:(i got 30 min to play - i wanna own!). Personally, i will have to wait for .56, cause i can't stand the abundance of loot. I get bored with very easy games, the survival element is nullified.

What is this casual gamer you speak of? Are you of a higher rank to others in a zombie apocalypse? Do you think you are superior than everyone else? lol. A lot of people had an issue with the new (broken) loot system and it was that playing for 4/5 hours on your free time after work and dying on 6 characters to starvation isn't how people want to spend their free time. This game has been in development for too long and there's almost nothing to show for it. I have my doubts that dayz sa will be a constant disappointment as it's been since alpha release, they've made their money, no rush to get anything fixed now.

i discoverd that some of the crybabys where right when the loot on our private server dissapeard over night.

so i changed server.

never the less the system now is:

dumb as fuck.

What is this casual gamer you speak of? Are you of a higher rank to others in a zombie apocalypse? Do you think you are superior than everyone else? lol. A lot of people had an issue with the new (broken) loot system and it was that playing for 4/5 hours on your free time after work and dying on 6 characters to starvation isn't how people want to spend their free time. This game has been in development for too long and there's almost nothing to show for it. I have my doubts that dayz sa will be a constant disappointment as it's been since alpha release, they've made their money, no rush to get anything fixed now.

look, its just a fact. It is not possible to balance a game for all the different tastes. I like very hard survival games, the next guy is turned off by any kind of difficulty. and usually plays his games on very easy to have a "relaxed" experience. This isn't about beeing superior, or that you have to invest 10 hours eating apples to survive.

I never died of starvation or dehydration since the patch, i started multiple characters to experience beeing a fresh spawn, i never had to fight starvation for a few hours. At one point i was energized, hydrated and healthy everytime. You just had to be smart about it, and don't sprint everywhere like 90% of the player base. It will even be easier to accomplish when fishing and cooking isn't bugged anymore.

This is not rocket science...when you check the actual heat map of player activity, you know what went wrong.

The point is: You can't please everyone. The devs where very direct about the direction of the game, and it will get alot harder down the road, if you can believe them...

• Like 1

look, its just a fact. It is not possible to balance a game for all the different tastes. I like very hard survival games, the next guy is turned off by any kind of difficulty. and usually plays his games on very easy to have a "relaxed" experience. This isn't about beeing superior, or that you have to invest 10 hours eating apples to survive.

I never died of starvation or dehydration since the patch, i started multiple characters to experience beeing a fresh spawn, i never had to fight starvation for a few hours. At one point i was energized, hydrated and healthy everytime. You just had to be smart about it, and don't sprint everywhere like 90% of the player base. It will even be easier to accomplish when fishing and cooking isn't bugged anymore.

This is not rocket science...when you check the actual heat map of player activity, you know what went wrong.

The point is: You can't please everyone. The devs where very direct about the direction of the game, and it will get alot harder down the road, if you can believe them...

.....there was a time when the difference between 'hardcore' & 'normal' was going to be more than just camera view.  I hope this will be the case one day.  We can have servers for folk who want to gear up in short period and go PvP deathmatch and another set of servers that challenges players to survive against the environment & players alike.  One can only dream.

(in this latest patch I was stuffed & healthy within literally 100 yards of my spawn... hardly a challenge.)

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

Only problems what I saw weren't really related to loot system. Cooking, bows and fishing were the things and then just some more matches/flares would've been welcome. Otherwiseit felt very good. I guess there was some other problem then like private hives not working correctly.

• Like 1

.....there was a time when the difference between 'hardcore' & 'normal' was going to be more than just camera view.  I hope this will be the case one day.  We can have servers for folk who want to gear up in short period and go PvP deathmatch and another set of servers that challenges players to survive against the environment & players alike.  One can only dream.

(in this latest patch I was stuffed & healthy within literally 100 yards of my spawn... hardly a challenge.)

exactly, this is where modding comes to play, after the core game has been developed. Like you, i hope the dev team will keep their direction towards a ruthless survival experience, where the lack of food is as dangerous as the stranger on the road.

I think the game for you is Left for Dead , don't have time... hahahaha  mabey they should start you off with a nice gear package.. will that help your time schedule ?

This is terrible how it is, I'm tripping over AKM's and peaches.. How anyone could even remotely find any fun in how it is now is beyond me Sir.

So I take it that you never had any fun before the last patch on DayZ SA.

And before the last patch, most of the community was thinking to themselves:

"Why am I even playing this game, this game is no fun, it is remotely beyond me."

According to you logic, those people with 500+ play hours did not play the game because they were having fun.

I guess now that now that the old loot system is back, that you are not having fun anymore?

Maybe you should take your own advise and start playing Left for Dead.

Edited by XallZall

Someone on the first page had it right. We need loot scarcity back, but it also need to be within reason- and work properly. even the devs outright said the system was not functioning fully. some servers were broken, etc.

rare Loot = good

need to travel for items = good

Scouring all the hospitals for med supplies only to find a loot'splosion at an outhouse in the middle of nowhere, complete with firearm is NOT good.

• Like 3

It's funny, I was a bit critical of .55 but after playing it for a few days I really came to like the challenge. Then I log in yesterday and loot is literally hanging from the trees. No more challenge at all, weapons everywhere and morons in camo hiding behind every treee again.

• Like 3

It's funny, I was a bit critical of .55 but after playing it for a few days I really came to like the challenge. Then I log in yesterday and loot is literally hanging from the trees. No more challenge at all, weapons everywhere and morons in camo hiding behind every treee again.

Yup less loot was nice, they just need to get the kinks out of the system and bring some reason to loot spawn probabilities with regards to specific locations. 

• Like 1