gannon46

so much for the struggle

Good point, when shit gets hairy it's human nature for our organizational skills to improve to 10/10. 

>The point

>your head

Lemme explain for you, the point was that despite the fact that loot was supposed to be hard to come by, it was still entirely possible to have full military gear within ~5 minutes of spawning because of lootbombs. Having 4-5 lives where you spawn, and make it as far north as Lopatino eating nothing but apples and die because you ran out of food or got killed by a ninja zombie, then spawning and within 5 minutes you have two guns, military clothes, ~60 rounds for both guns, 3 mags for the AK, a bottle full of water, half a dozen cans of food, a can opener, and a mountain backpack kills any and all enthusiasm that may have survived the previous life attempts.

As retarded as finding exploded Russian soldiers in a toilet is, that wasn't what I was getting at.

I don't think retarded means what you think it means.

>The point

>your head

Lemme explain for you, the point was that despite the fact that loot was supposed to be hard to come by, it was still entirely possible to have full military gear within ~5 minutes of spawning because of lootbombs. Having 4-5 lives where you spawn, and make it as far north as Lopatino eating nothing but apples and die because you ran out of food or got killed by a ninja zombie, then spawning and within 5 minutes you have two guns, military clothes, ~60 rounds for both guns, 3 mags for the AK, a bottle full of water, half a dozen cans of food, a can opener, and a mountain backpack kills any and all enthusiasm that may have survived the previous life attempts.

As retarded as finding exploded Russian soldiers in a toilet is, that wasn't what I was getting at.

If you spawned within 5 minutes of my rural house you would find numerous civilian and paramilitary guns, thousands of rounds of random ammunition, backpacks, tents, camo and pink clothes, canned goods, and a bunch of "useless" shit that may or may not be useful in an apocalypse. That's without any crazy looting on our part as everyone turns into a zombie. 

Looking everywhere including the most unlikely places would make more sense than go to this building for this specific gear.

But yeah, the loot route that would obviously be established in the time before our character regains consciousness is well over my head.  

Change the colour from blue! i can't even read the reply haha!

HAHAHAHAHA!  I immediately got all confused like I was wearing a broken pair of 3D glasses.

Hopefully it's temporary until they can flesh out the system but worry not, once modders are able to bastardize the game, the DayZ that some of us long for will vanish.  With luck we'll be left with a few servers for those who want a survival game.

like how everyone likes to demonize modding. do you really want to play with the sort of people that would prefer those casual mods anyways? and dont forget; that same door opens the potential for something even harsher than vanilla. ref. dayZ 2017

like how everyone likes to demonize modding. do you really want to play with the sort of people that would prefer those casual mods anyways? and dont forget; that same door opens the potential for something even harsher than vanilla. ref. dayZ 2017

And where is that mod now?  

• Like 1

And where is that mod now?  

actually it was the total nuking of the server system for A2 with the gamespy shutdown that did most servers in (stoped many of the common tools for clients to find servers and manage thier  mods from working). was it mass popular? no. but there were *populated* servers for it for quite some time. mass appeal is always going to draw in more number but personally i say let them go. the player quality in the few remaining vanilla and hardcore modded servers will go up as a result of the mindless masses going to things like overwatch and epoch. no loss imho.

actually it was the total nuking of the server system for A2 with the gamespy shutdown that did most servers in (stoped many of the common tools for clients to find servers and manage thier  mods from working). was it mass popular? no. but there were *populated* servers for it for quite some time. mass appeal is always going to draw in more number but personally i say let them go. the player quality in the few remaining vanilla and hardcore modded servers will go up as a result of the mindless masses going to things like overwatch and epoch. no loss imho.

Then understand the point that DayZ SA is not being designed for those who want to run around in pink dresses and pew pew all day.  The vision that Dean Hall laid out as well as the developers is by no means what the average shooter crowd is looking for.  No matter how many polls, no matter how many whine threads, DayZ is going to be a game that will kick our ass.  End of story.

• Like 5

Awww you got me.

The Ak and mags were actually on the wrecked UAZ literally five feet from the outhouse, along with an SKS, more military clothing, a mountain backpack, an AKM and a couple of AK74 stocks.

Point about loot being fucknuts retarded still stands however.

Then you got spectacularly lucky to find an outhouse full of military gear five feet from an untouched UAZ. I spent a solid 75 hours or so on the patch and the second people figured out where the loot was spawning, you couldn't find an untouched UAZ or front porch of the un-enterable buildings. The server hopping resumed in full force within days after the patch. The police stations were being clearly looted by server hoppers as well. It was obvious because the entire surrounding town would be clearly untouched, full of food and tons of other useful items in nearly every building, but the police station would be full of empty MP5 and RAK mags.

At any rate, you present an extreme edge case as if it were somehow normal and evidence of an extreme problem. 

0.55 persistent loot was not good and the game was no harder for it, survival was still easy it was just boring, spamming a berry bush in a secluded location for 45 minutes then working your way inland is not a challenge of anything other than the endurance of your keyboard's F key and how arthritic your index finger is. If anything, from the perspective of a bandit the game was easier. The moment I found a gun I knew I'd never want for anything again, I could simply ambush players at will knowing that most would have no weapon to defend themselves and those that did would be unlikely to expect an armed ambush in a backwater town with only a handful of loot spawns. It also made it easier to predict which areas of a town people would visit as re-spawning loot only functioned in a few locations and camping those would give you the best results.

I'm all for DayZ becoming a more challenging environment to survive in, that's why I play this game more than I play ARMA3 wasteland or Epoch but that isn't what 0.55 achieved, some of you need to climb down off your high horse for a second and think about it rationally.

If you know that visiting a military base is pointless as the server has already filled its quota for military loot and won't spawn anymore there's no point going to those locations, you don't have any reason to risk your character for the potential reward of a weapon so instead you'll hang out in the sticks, check toilets and sheds and berry/apple pick or farm depending on if you can find the tools required to grow your own food. If that's what you call challenging, I'm afraid I disagree with you.

Ultimately this comes down to risk vs reward, if you want something good, you need to be willing to risk your face getting shot off and if you take that risk and come through safely then you should have a good chance of finding something useful because otherwise the whole game falls down and nobody takes the risks, fortune needs to favor the brave.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 4

HAHAHAHAHA!  I immediately got all confused like I was wearing a broken pair of 3D glasses.

Lol, is it really hard to see? I thought he was just trolling.

You can always just highlight it with the mouse.

Edited by XallZall

Really love the PM 73, awesome little machine pistol.

Is there a 30 round mag available for it like the MP-5?

Oh yeah, looty-tooty-toot-toot-loot!

Edited by Schweinsteiger

Really love the PM 73, awesome little machine pistol.

Is there a 30 round mag available for it like the MP-5?

Oh yeah, looty-tooty-toot-toot-loot!

15 and 25 round only. PM-73 RAK still spawns at police cars btw, I saw one this morning on a private hive.

Looking forward to BI working out the new loot system bugs as well. Finding my cooking pot was like Christmas as a child! Problem is some servers had 20k less items than they should, this is something BI couldn't overlook. A core feature like looting mechanics needs to be even among all playable servers before full implementation.

Hang in there, hopefully in .56 we'll be back to 'surviving' and not 'flourishing'.

• Like 1

They said they are fixing the old system and it will be back when .56 stable hits, someone has probably already said this but i am to lazy to look through every comment :p

Then understand the point that DayZ SA is not being designed for those who want to run around in pink dresses and pew pew all day.  The vision that Dean Hall laid out as well as the developers is by no means what the average shooter crowd is looking for.  No matter how many polls, no matter how many whine threads, DayZ is going to be a game that will kick our ass.  End of story.

not arguing that for a minute m8. in fact i welcome a harsher dayZ. If i had my way, we would have seasons too, and frostbite in winter nights, forced 24/hr cycle on all public servers, etc. my point was that the 'casual mods' existing isn't a bad, i actually see it as a good thing. let all the kids and the P2W badmins go there and the hand full of us who want  a harsh brutal experience play the handful of servers who give that

My favorite mods from the Mod days;

• Vanilla. hey thats where it all started
  • 2017. brought in the environment as a lethal factor and much less gear then even vanilla.
  • EARLY builds of origins (deep crafting system, need for different clothing in the cold snowy parts of the map. Shame it was ruined by later builds going towards casual/clanwars focus)
  • DayZero. Early builds were basically vanilla with better sounds + less FPS issues on high pop.

0.55 persistent loot was not good and the game was no harder for it, survival was still easy it was just boring, spamming a berry bush in a secluded location for 45 minutes then working your way inland is not a challenge of anything other than the endurance of your keyboard's F key and how arthritic your index finger is. If anything, from the perspective of a bandit the game was easier. The moment I found a gun I knew I'd never want for anything again, I could simply ambush players at will knowing that most would have no weapon to defend themselves and those that did would be unlikely to expect an armed ambush in a backwater town with only a handful of loot spawns. It also made it easier to predict which areas of a town people would visit as re-spawning loot only functioned in a few locations and camping those would give you the best results.

I'm all for DayZ becoming a more challenging environment to survive in, that's why I play this game more than I play ARMA3 wasteland or Epoch but that isn't what 0.55 achieved, some of you need to climb down off your high horse for a second and think about it rationally.

If you know that visiting a military base is pointless as the server has already filled its quota for military loot and won't spawn anymore there's no point going to those locations, you don't have any reason to risk your character for the potential reward of a weapon so instead you'll hang out in the sticks, check toilets and sheds and berry/apple pick or farm depending on if you can find the tools required to grow your own food. If that's what you call challenging, I'm afraid I disagree with you.

Ultimately this comes down to risk vs reward, if you want something good, you need to be willing to risk your face getting shot off and if you take that risk and come through safely then you should have a good chance of finding something useful because otherwise the whole game falls down and nobody takes the risks, fortune needs to favor the brave.

Good post

Let this be a lesson, write it behind your ears, on your forehead. Everything slightl 'off', uneven, crooked, unusual will eventually have to bend over to the mouthbreathing masses and gets streamlined, clean and boring. Let it be a valuable lesson for your life, no matter if videogame, music, art etc its always the same.

I am glad we atleast had a small glimpse of what could have been. Reading so many people claiming they died of starvation makes me think the future will be sinister, when so many people are unable to adapt to the simplest new things and rather bash their virtual head against the wall expecting dirrerent outcomes.

Shudder..

• Like 1

Let this be a lesson, write it behind your ears, on your forehead. Everything slightl 'off', uneven, crooked, unusual will eventually have to bend over to the mouthbreathing masses and gets streamlined, clean and boring. Let it be a valuable lesson for your life, no matter if videogame, music, art etc its always the same.

I am glad we atleast had a small glimpse of what could have been. Reading so many people claiming they died of starvation makes me think the future will be sinister, when so many people are unable to adapt to the simplest new things and rather bash their virtual head against the wall expecting dirrerent outcomes.

Shudder..

Not sure dayZ will ever become fully mainstream but yeah its a disgusting trend.

Strange...when they supposedly went back to earlier loot system I saw little difference I didn't see loot everywhere as people are claiming. Maybe on the server you were on. But I played for several hours after the "switch" and I had no more success then with 0.55.

As Dagwood suggested in another thread, I would like to see the loot spawns move around the map. That way it forces players to always explore new areas. In order for this to work, the spawns would need to move around as well.

But as we all know, DayZ is still in alpha. I look forward to more vehicles, weapons, fishing, cooking, shooting and more.

I understand the arguments that surface from time to time. We all have play styles that don't always compliment another playstyle. That's part of the gaming experience.

Here's to playing more dayz on DayZ.

Strange...when they supposedly went back to earlier loot system I saw little difference I didn't see loot everywhere as people are claiming. Maybe on the server you were on. But I played for several hours after the "switch" and I had no more success then with 0.55.

As Dagwood suggested in another thread, I would like to see the loot spawns move around the map. That way it forces players to always explore new areas. In order for this to work, the spawns would need to move around as well.

But as we all know, DayZ is still in alpha. I look forward to more vehicles, weapons, fishing, cooking, shooting and more.

I understand the arguments that surface from time to time. We all have play styles that don't always compliment another playstyle. That's part of the gaming experience.

Here's to playing more dayz on DayZ.

you're right because .55 wasn't the problem. persistence is. it was broken with "new spawn points", and its still broken with "old spawn points" . go into a server and check either vybor or the firestations at NWAF, or the military tents. guarantee there will be massive amounts of loot because its only spawning in small areas. the only change is that now food houses are actually spawning food.

forcing persistence when it isn't ready is the main issue.

you're right because .55 wasn't the problem. persistence is. it was broken with "new spawn points", and its still broken with "old spawn points" . go into a server and check either vybor or the firestations at NWAF, or the military tents. guarantee there will be massive amounts of loot because its only spawning in small areas. the only change is that now food houses are actually spawning food.

forcing persistence when it isn't ready is the main issue.

Can you see that this is a work in progress? And that the end product will be all the better for the imperfect gameplay we're experiencing now?

Yes, without persistence, the game is more consistent, and ultimately, more enjoyable. CURRENTLY. But these growing pains will pay out in the long run. Introducing imperfect mechanics is the name of the game. Calling it a problem is ignorant and comes across as whiny. Not trying to be rude. Just an observation and my opinion.

Can you see that this is a work in progress? And that the end product will be all the better for the imperfect gameplay we're experiencing now?

Yes, without persistence, the game is more consistent, and ultimately, more enjoyable. CURRENTLY. But these growing pains will pay out in the long run. Introducing imperfect mechanics is the name of the game. Calling it a problem is ignorant and comes across as whiny. Not trying to be rude. Just an observation and my opinion.

really? stop trolling my profile.

Not all apple trees are created equal, the starving to death picking them is a weak excuse. I was watching tv last night low on blood killing the last hour before the servers went down. Just to see so I tried at the trees along the road south of Vyshnoye. Tree one, 1/5 or so, tree two nothing in 10 tries, tree three was 1 every other pick or better. In under an hour I got stuffed filled my 6 slot pants, my 6 slot jacket and all but the top row of my drybag plus the ones I ate to keep stuffed. In less than an hour I went from almost unconscious low blood and orange hungry to hydrated, energized and healthy with at least 18 apples for the road. A little tedious yes but it was far from impossible.

Tell all your friends that story and see how many buy the game lol

Tell all your friends that story and see how many buy the game lol

I don't have any friends, lol.

• Like 1

I don't have any friends, lol.

Lol well take a break from dayz every now and then and go out of the house! :)

• Like 1